Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

CombustionJunction

What's Your Function?
High n Dry said:
i just would like to say TOM and PAM are the SHIT!!! they have the best customer service ever!!! thats how you run a business!!! im having a very Purple Day!!! lol sorry with all the exclamation points but im so happy with them, good people!!! if you do not have a Purple Days and thinking bout getting one DO IT! :D
QFT

I haven't even received my PD yet and I have already received exceptional service from them.

CombustionJunction,

leozdad

Greetings all

Just dropping by to check in and say that 2 years into my PD experience and i STILL love both of them and they get used everyday, both the oak and the cherry. Customer service was the shit back then and i understand it's still fabulous, Keep it up Tom and Pammy

Peace

Dave "leozdad"

leozdad,

Gandalf

hereatlast said:
BTW, the 2 C-clip trick seems to have been a great solution for a serious rattle, I know the rattle will be ever-present but the extra clip makes it nice and snug.

I can't seem to find any info about this 2 C-clip trick. Are there instructions somewhere on how to do this?

Gandalf,

Purple-Days

Thanks folks. :tup: Pammy is the best Customer Service Department in the World. :2c:

Gandalf tech answers and help, if you need it, can best come from the source, there is an e-mail link to get you one on one answers.

Most folks just need to use the tool after a hard drop (or other cause of the HE) dislodging the clip slightly. Those who let it go without such re-seating can cause enough damage to the wooden throat of the unit that a second clip may be needed, we are glad to provide it along with a tool to any who request it via e-mail.

Purple-Days,

Gandalf

Thanks for your answer Tom. I actually just received my PD a couple days ago and I love it already. I was just asking about the clip in case of a future drop. With a high energy puppy in the apartment, accidents seem to happen a lot more often...

So just to add one more glowing review to the roundup:

This thing is awesome. First of all, Pammy was incredibly helpful and friendly, which made the entire ordering process a very pleasant experience. Estimated shipping time was about 3-5 weeks when I placed the order, so I was really excited to get my shipment notification just 2 weeks later.

The PD arrived after just 3 days, and I was very impressed with the packaging. Neat and professional. I plugged the PD in and waited an hour for it to heat up, then packed my first stem using the straw method. Wow... 2 nice big hits and a third smaller one with a bowl about 3/4 full. And they REALLY hit me. After two stems I was nicely stoned and didn't need a third at all, but I was too excited about the PD so I hit it again anyway and then proceeded to space out on the couch for a bit.

For me, the temperature of this unit is absolutely perfect. After 3-4 hits, the weed is a nice and even dark brown color. Also, I really enjoy the way you actually use the PD. Taking drags from the stem feels similar to hitting a joint or blunt, and as a former spliff addict, this feels great. My friend tried it for the first time last night and was really impressed, and I'd be surprised if he didn't order one of his own in the next few days.

Nothing more really needs to be said about the efficiency, but damn, the PD is VERY efficient. And I thought I was saving weed using the Launch Box... I'd say I use about half the amount weed in the PD bowl compared to what I would use in the Launch Box for a quick session. I love the small PD bowls because they allow me to dial in exactly where I want to be in terms of a high: 1 for a nice buzz, 2 to get stoned, and 3+ to go further and further beyond :o. I'm more of a grazer and like to take a bowl here and there throughout the day, then maybe a little more at night. The PD is perfect for my vaping habits.

Aesthetically, I think the wood looks great, especially after adding the first coat of Buzz Butter. I love the simple design and how solid the whole unit feels.

I think the PD is going to be the vaporizer I use 90% of the time when I'm home, occasionally taking out the SSV for those monster hits. Tom and Pammy, thanks for running a top notch operation. You have another very satisfied customer.

Gandalf,

vapormonkey

My first Vape was the PD's grandfather, the Eterra. The original log vape from 10 years ago. It was my first vape and worked very well as a one hitter. I understand the PD is even better. Now I prefer bigger blasts and all glass if possible. An all glass or ceramic heat gun would be ideal one would imagine.

vapormonkey,

Purple-Days

Thanks Gandalf, Pammy really appreciates hearing your comments. Me too. :)

Vapormonkey, I have mentioned the Eterra many times in this thread, and the Eterra is a lot older than you say. (patent back to 1978). Hope you enjoy your heat gun. :cool:

Purple-Days,

vapormonkey

Also cleaning and rescreening those little intake wands is why my Eterra's sit unused at this time. The upkeep was real work. Cutting and fitting little screens was a pain in the arse. I'm going to pick up a Vrip wand, the cloud after beta testing and the LSV looks like a perfect all glass Eterra replacement. I must admit though, it is nice to see someone with so much love for the Eterra holding the mantle and improving upon it.

vapormonkey,

lwien

vapormonkey said:
Also cleaning and rescreening those little intake wands is why my Eterra's sit unused at this time. The upkeep was real work. Cutting and fitting little screens was a pain in the arse.

I've been using the same PD with the original stems that came with it for over 2 years and never had to replace the screen with any of them. Cleaning was easy. Just fill up the cleaning bottle with ISO, soak stem over night, run hot water through them in the morning, and presto.........clean stem.

lwien,

lwien

Have never tried the glass stems. I'm just using the poly stems through the mini-beaker.

lwien,
lwien said:
Have never tried the glass stems. I'm just using the poly stems through the mini-beaker.
ok, just thought u out in the land of glass blowers & all, that u would get more of an all glass air-path, it prolly doesn't matter dunno thcx)

hemp;)goofy8cheerio,

Rastamook

Hey there,

This is my first time posting on here, but reading this specific forum along with the recommendation of a friend who did a lot of research on vapes are the reasons that I purchased a PD, and I finally wanted to create an account to chime in on the discussion.

I ordered the PD on March 1st, which made me one of the last orders that were taken before the waiting list shut down for a bit. I knew that it was going to take a while to get the delivery, but I was happy about this because I also knew that it meant that business was good for Tom and Pam, and I knew that I was investing my time and money into a product that was going to be worth the wait.

My PD came the second week in August, and around 3 months later, I can honestly say that it's one of the best purchases I've ever made.

The first thing I noticed, and still admire regularly is just how nice the actual product is. Knowing that each one is hand made, and having seen the videos of the process, I really appreciate the Purple Days for the actual craftsmanship that went into it. The size is perfect, and will definitely keep my hands warm this winter.

I have never been concerned with the warm up period. I leave my PD plugged in just about all the time. I find myself taking advantage of the aromatherapy cup when I'm not using it. It keeps my place smelling really great, which is a nice little benefit that comes with the PD. Not only does it keep the smell to a real minimum when you're using it, but it'll make your room smell even better with a few drops of oils.

I'd say it definitely conserves, and my packed stems give me anywhere from 5 nice hits, to the occasional miraculous stem that brings like 15-20 hits somehow. Anyone else get the occasional miracle pack?

After a handful of uses, I find that I have to turn it upside down and shake it, lightly tapping on the bottom. I really hope that this doesn't do too much damage, but a lot of loose herb falls in, and eventually gives off a burning scent and taste, and needs to be cleaned out. Still, not really a big deal.

It comes in a good box for traveling, and the bags it comes with are helpful as well. A quick question - what is the best way to apply and rub off the buzz butter for the nicest result?

I find, and I'm sure all PD owners find their own little ways to get the best use... their own stem spinning methods while using it, and their own stem packing methods. It doesn't take long before you find your favorite ways to pack it and hit it.

Really, it's a beautiful thing. I'd suggest it to anyone in the market for a personal vaporizer. It's not one that I would use for a party of people... it's for an individual user. I'd even say that if you're with one other person, do individual stems instead of passing back and forth.

Tom and Pam have really created a fantastic product. To them, I say thank you, and of course, to those who have posted your reviews on here, I say thank you as well.

Oh, and Tom, I'll be sending a postcard for this contest next week. I think you and Pam will think it's pretty cool!

Rastamook,

Purple-Days

Welcome to the forum Rastmook. And thanks for choosing us (and all your kind words).

We look forward to all the fun and funny post cards :partry: . It's nice when the post card fits your region.

Purple-Days,

Gandalf

I've seen a bunch of people here recommend either the EHLE 100ml / 250ml or the HVY mini beaker for using the PD with glass. I've looked around and it seems like all of these pieces are out of stock, except for EHLE bongs without ice pinches.

Any alternatives around I can buy now that would work with the PD in a similar way? I've never tried vapor bonging before and it sounds great!

Gandalf,

hereatlast

Make your way over here, the latter two have been more active lately. Great prices/quality/artists on Etsy and Ehle is hard to beat for the price. Quick advice for the PD would be to keep it on the smaller side and a good amount of airflow. Simple straight or beaker (Ehle, HVY; check out SSFG in the Etsy thread as well, etc.)with a diffused downstem keeps most happy :D

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=18
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=3573
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=1566

hereatlast,

vapormonkey

I'm tempted to buy a PD just for the fact the maker is a retired carpenter with a great love and understanding of wood. I can tell. Has the heat exchanger been made stronger since the Eterra and how do you clean and or change the wand screens these days? I noticed they're whitish..are they rubberish material? Do the wands have the same diameter hole as the odl Eterrass? I'll trade you two old Eterra's with wands and wand stands for one PD. I'll even throw you a few bones if you'd like.

vapormonkey,

hereatlast

Lol at your bartering offer vapormonkey, probably not the best place for it though.

Not sure about the evolution of the PD (though it is definitely documented at least partially on this thread and site) but the material specs. you're after are all on the PD website I think.

hereatlast,

vapormonkey

I'm just thinking the PD guy is carrying the Eterra mantle on his shoulders at this point and should prolly be the log museum as well. We need to get the Purple Days guy on that show American Pickers. That guy has a lot of pride.

vapormonkey,

2Supra4U

Curious to know from those who have got one in Canada (hopefully in Ontario), if you got charged custom fees and how much??

2Supra4U,

Gandalf

Thanks hereatlast, going to read those threads tonight. Exactly what I was looking for!

Gandalf,

2Supra4U

jimbo said:
^^^^No custom fees for me.

Really?? I was pretty sure with a value of 180 it would for sure get a custom fee of some kind.
Did they mark the value on the box @ 180?

I know UPS and FedEx always charge stupid custom fees, so i'm assuming they use USPS??
I just remember when I got my iolite last year,it came from CALI and was sent viz USPS, I paid liek 200 210 total and when it came i paid liek 30 or 40 for a custom fee....which nullified the reason I bought it at 200 -210.

I have just decided on PD or EX-Q (both eventually).....so i was thinkin if I had to pay customs fees it bring it over 200, which then it make more sense to me to get a EX-Q for like 40 bucks more, while getting it faster as well as a 10% discount so that i can essentially get it for 259 with no tax (~263).

Im on the fence right now....atm money matters so saving like 100 is nice, but i just dont know if I want to wait 3-5 weeks for the PD ( i will ). i really want it to use asap. but am willing to wait, maybe it could be a nice xmas present for myself.....but the eq is sweet too.

2Supra4U,

jimbo

winterize
^^^^ I paid $205 or so thru vapenow (back in February), shipping fees were included, didn't have to pay any additional money when it came to the door, actually it was stuffed in my mailbox.

jimbo,

420Birth

Vaporist - Member #420
Just wanted to say I've had my PD or well over a year now and it's been great. I leave it plugged in 24/7 and use it several times a week, almost daily.

It's been very efficient and effective.

I could probably use a couple new tubes as mine are yellowing, perhaps due to leaving them in alcohol too long, but other than that it's been awesome. I managed to take the screens out with a small clothespin and cleaned them good. A week or two later I realized I had extra screens from my initial purchase.

Keep it up.

420Birth,
Top Bottom