Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

Ash

vaporist
Is it wrong to have feelings like this for an inanimate object? Beautiful piece.

Ash,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Ummmmmmm wow. That is a hell of a grand prize. Thanks Tom. Very cool promo. You did one just so recently too, you always go above and beyond in PD Land.

IAmKrazy2,

Xero

Tom did you ever receive a post card from me on the first one? These contests are super cool and I am glad that you are doing them.

Xero,

Purple-Days

Yes Xero, I got your card last contest, thanks for entering. :)

And NO, I will not answer any other inquiries, 'did you get my card?' . . . for this contest or the last one. :cool:

Purple-Days,

fail

Purple-Days said:
Yes Xero, I got your card last contest, thanks for entering. :)

And NO, I will not answer any other inquiries, 'did you get my card?' . . . for this contest or the last one. :cool:
Is it possible to make a post with all the names and then just update it from time to time with the new arrivals?

fail,

Xero

my apologies. I just got scared with that address. Wasn't sure if a bunch of post cards were going to Post Box 0 (zero instead of O).

Xero,

SSS

mmj patient under siege by the obama admin
on the mz thread there is a conversation about outdoor temperatures and it's effect on the performance of the mz. i was wondering what the proper outdoor temperatures would be for pd usage. i like to hang out in my workshop in 30-40F temps. is this too cold for the pd to work correctly? i don't have my pd yet to experiment so i'm just wondering.

SSS,

Purple-Days

You can insulate the PD with a Sock Top or even a Beer Coozie, in cooler environments, but at 30 degrees you are gonna run into the problem of the actual air being about 40 degrees lower than room temp. So while you can keep the PD warm, that air (that must be heated) isn't. Though we have heard of the PD being used on the slopes, in this thread, so who knows?

I have trouble telling O from 0. O as in Oscar. It's a tiny Post Office. One service line. And they close for lunch. No worries, if it's got the right zip it should get here.

Oh, and open to all, means everybody, if you aren't in North America you can still guess and win, but you will have to provide your own power supply,the North American power supply won't work for you... We would love to see some distant sights. :cool:

Purple-Days,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I think the hardest part of the contest for me is finding the proper post card. I want one that reflects my personality. That and something Tom will get a kick out of.

DevoTheStrange,

Purple-Days

Slower draw speeds can compensate allowing more time for contact between the fins and the air. But don't count on using it at freezing. My Walnut unit is in a 50 degree room at the start of the shift, after sitting on the workbench all night, and works fine on 12 V first thing in the morning. :2c:

Purple-Days,

lwien

Seems to be a lot more people are inquiring about koozies and 13v power supplies in the Woodez and Zap threads. Guess those fins are doin' their thing.

lwien,

aero18

vaporist
lwien said:
Seems to be a lot more people are inquiring about koozies and 13v power supplies in the Woodez and Zap threads. Guess those fins are doin' their thing.
Or lack of fins. ;)

But heat sustainability isn't everything. I like to get my herb down to a very dark brown. Regardless of fins or not, without a 13.5 volt ac adapter, you will not be able to get the herb that dark.

aero18,

lwien

aero18 said:
lwien said:
Or lack of fins. ;)

But heat sustainability isn't everything. I like to get my herb down to a very dark brown. Regardless of fins or not, without a 13.5 volt ac adapter, you will not be able to get the herb that dark.
Maybe true for you Aero with your MZ but not for me. My abv is a VERY dark brown. Just shy of black and I'm using the stock power adapter. A very slow draw with a nice pack seems to do the trick. Now maybe I just have a very warm running PD, but I had two and the other one ran the same.

lwien,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
don't start the comparison here again. After a few months of reviewing both I do have some serious opinions on function in the whole MZ vs. PD thing and would be happy to answer questions in the vape lounge, problem is, i dont check the lounge all the time, so it might take a second to respond. And yes, with a 12v MZ i don't get the dark brown i like. With the PD, it is no problem. My :2c:.

IAmKrazy2,

aero18

vaporist
IAmKrazy2 said:
don't start the comparison here again.
I'm not starting a comparison, I just tried to clarify something and had another one of my assertions corrected. No need to fret over small things.

I'm not hesitant to learn. :)

EDIT: Some people brown their herbs just fine, I learned, with their 12 volt adapter. Must be because of the fact that I live on a densely populated campus that I don't get the right amount of power.

aero18,

lwien

aero18 said:
Must be because of the fact that I live on a densely populated campus that I don't get the right amount of power.
That very well could be the reason Aero. A small voltage swing up or down can really have an impact.

lwien,

Purple-Days

Hey guys let's move on. (sorry for mis-spell in this line, corrected now)

Just another PD Pandora pic.
2mnrok4.jpg

What do you provide:
SAFETY GLASSES or GOGGLES !
A) or B) Slip Jaw Pliers
C) Needle Nose Pliers
D) *Ring Pliers
E) or M) Flush Wire Cutters or Nail Clippers
F) Glue
G) Hammer
H) *Soldering Iron
I) Scissors
J) Phillips Screwdriver
K)or L) Hemostats or Tweezers

* About $10 each or you might borrow them
from an 'uncle'. The rest of the tools are
pretty common to most kitchen junk drawers.

I was at the bigger hardware in the next town today and found a likely scenario, the 6 mil poly I wanted came in 100 foot rolls. I need a heavy poly for the part packs, if I have to buy that size, to get the weight I want, I will do it in my local town.

Did pick up a set of ear protection headphones I have wanted, but weren't available here. Ear-plugs are great but for those 10 or 20 second blasts where breaking out a pack of plugs is wasteful... Then you end up exposing your ears, just to be cheap? Or you waste a pack that isn't cheap... Please folks protect your eyes and ears anytime you are at risk. I know every episode of 'Tools etc.' has this kind of disclaimer, a legal thing. Sure I have to do it for those reasons, but my plea is more for your long term health and well being. I have seen people hurt and damaged (longer term exposure), think safe, do it right. :cool:

BTW Regulated Power Supplies are available. If you have questionable power from your grid you have options. Until recently, we supplied International power supplies, that would accept an input of 100-240 Volts and 50-60 Hz AC, with a regulated output of 12 Volts DC. Some even come with multiple tips for worldwide use. So get the right stuff, if you have brown voltage. ;) :peace: :2c:

Purple-Days,
Top Bottom