Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

HeyHeyMandaKay

Manda Kay
@ slip: I enjoyed it EVEN MORE now that I have one all to myself!

thepope said:
Hi Manda ,are you picking up on the karma I told you about? Knowing about the care and (old time) craftsnanship and love that went into your pd. Tom and Pammy are very proud and put lots of personal care into making that little beauty. Isn't it cool how it looks , feels, and works easily? I like to use it, and then unplug it and give it a good rub with buzz butter. To me it kind of lets the Genie out of it and it sort of relaxes me. Plus it brings out the real beauty of the wood .Good luck and I'm glad to see you finally got your new toy ! Persistance and patience pay off. YE HA. P.S. I really works well as a difuser with a nice essential oil (I like lilly of the valley) . If you do this , add about a third of the copper cup full of unsented candle wax with your oil (about 7 drops) because it makes the oil last longer. just scrape the wax out and clean the cup well every now and then and refill with new. Welcome to the family.
ABSOLUTELY. The karma is amazing, and my own PD is beautiful. It feels alive, and because it felt so alive I've already given mine its own personal name: Pixie Dust. The wood makes me think of the forest and all its living creatures, but that alive feeling it gives me makes me think its magic, so Pixie Dust it is (Plus the initals are perfect. :p I probably also thought of faries because of Pammy's avatar, Tink! So cute.) I couldn't have asked for anything better. Its perfect for me, and though my boyfriend already thought the PD was awesome and he already wanted one, once I got mine and did a quick round of vaping he's got the Purple Days fever just like I did. Its like all you have to do is put it in someone else's hand and you've spread the PD fever and all the love and good vibes that go along with it. I'm also very excited to try it out as a difuser. I just need to get some essential oils! I'll probably get some chamomile for my stress and aches and peppermint for my boyfriend's crazy sinuses and digestive upsets.

HeyHeyMandaKay,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Just got my walnut PD in yesterday. I think Tom said he wasn't going to work with this wood anymore, but if you ever get the chance to get a custom unit from him, don't let it go by! It's a smaller diameter than the standard PD so it works well with smaller hands and gets a little warmer to the touch. I just sent my Cherry unit in for repair or I would have had side-by-side photos, but the difference between these handmade units is significant. Every PD is truly unique! Here's some pics:

I named him Wally!

stickstones,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
You know I am, owin! I went a month without a PD (my fault, as I took my time troubleshooting it and finally sending it in) between when my Cherry unit died and getting this one. Worst month of vaping yet! After going a month without a PD I triple-appreciate having one now! The efficiency is absolutely insane, and every time I come back to the PD I am reminded of that fact.

This unit tapers a little as it rises.

stickstones,

KeepCalm

Reindeer, reindeer, reindeer
That walnut PD looks GREAT! I like the smaller diameter and the super rounded top. Nice pickup dude.

KeepCalm,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
SpiralArchitect said:
That is really sexy stickstones. I like the convex top too... purty. :cool:
Thanks, SA. I would love to have a glass collection like yours, but many little kids means many questions and breakages! Until they all grow up I'll have to put PD's all over the house instead!

stickstones,

owin

stickstones said:
You know I am, owin! I went a month without a PD (my fault, as I took my time troubleshooting it and finally sending it in) between when my Cherry unit died and getting this one. Worst month of vaping yet! After going a month without a PD I triple-appreciate having one now! The efficiency is absolutely insane, and every time I come back to the PD I am reminded of that fact.

This unit tapers a little as it rises.
I know what you mean. I rarely use my DBV anymore because the PD is just so damn efficient. Again that thing looks awesome.

owin,

Purple-Days

Wally was a fun one. That is a walnut burl. Tricky but fun. I bought some figured walnut and got lucky, a handful of burl pieces were in the mix. These are not available, all reserved.

And FYI customs are not a way to get around the waiting list. I make a couple of customs a month for friends or maybe a former customer or two. If you don't fall in one of those two catagories, don't ask.

Purple-Days,

jawsh

That walnut is beautiful!

Anyways I'm awaiting the arrival of my PD any day now and I want to ask something but didn't want to make a new thread.

I understand the PD is intended to be left on 24/7. Does this in any way pose a fire threat? I was just thinking with the wood exterior and hot internal components that maybe this would be a possibility? I also heard that the wood gets warm to the touch so there must be some heat transfer? Maybe I'm just being paranoid but I want to leave my PD on 24/7 and was thinkin about this a bit yesterday. What are your guys thoughts?

ps: stickstones, i'm just curious... what was wrong with your cherrywood PD that it needed to be sent in for repair?

jawsh,

Purple-Days

We are not sure about sticks unit till it hits the bench.

On the 24/7 ??? the temps are below the temperature needed to combust, for obvious reasons, therefore no real threat. Remember Farenheit 451 ? Ray Bradbury's book about 'burning books'. That was the temp for combustion of dry paper. The PD operates at about 380F and the wood is solid hardwood (cherry), not paper. Good question though.

Purple-Days,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
The wood is just barely warm, you can grab the top of the unit comfortably.

You have to conciously stick your fingers down into the hole to get burnt :D

Chubba,

jawsh

Thanks for your quick response Tom... so cool that the you as the inventor come on here and answers questions! You make a very good point.... Can't wait to get my PD!!

jawsh,

malawigold

Landrace Advocate
I feel your pain jawsh... gettin' my p.d. this week as well... custom ash one supposed to look beautiful according to pam... you wanna give me a little preview/:2c: Tom?

malawigold,

duh

HeyHeyMandaKay, they sell Eucalyptus Oil at CVS - your BF will thank you! Just be sure to fill it before you move it onto the PD and be careful removing it. That smell has become a really after-session buddy! Good for the sinuses for sure!

duh,

Pammy-Days

Lovely Assistant
Malawigold said, "you wanna give me a little preview/2c Tom?" Wish we could. Since 'The Move', we haven't been able to find the Charger for the Digital Camera. It's on it's way now, any how. :brow:

Pammy-Days,

jawsh

Hey guys. I just received my PD this morning! :D. It's heating up as we speak.

Anyways I do have a quick question. When/how should I apply the buzz-butter? What do I use as an applicator? (my finger, paper towel, etc). Should I do it as soon as I get it or wait a couple days to sorta work it in? How thin/thick should the coats be?

I guess i kinda need to be spoon fed never really had experience with this stuff and I just wanna make sure I'm doing it right... I want my PD to look the best it can be!

PS: Where can I grab some incense? Like what kinda store carries that stuff?

jawsh,

max

Out to lunch
You can apply as often as you like with whatever you like for an applicator. I just rub some on my thumb and apply to the PD with same (about twice a month). I usually let it dry a little and then buff. That puts a thin coat on, and your supply of BB will last a long, long time that way. If you use something like a cloth to apply the BB, you'll probably get a thicker coat and your tin will empty out pretty quick. It's quicker to apply with a cloth, but I see no need for a thick coating. Seems to be a waste.

max,

jawsh

What do you mean by rub some on then buff? what is involved with buffing?

also... where can I grab some essential oils? I wanna use this for aromatherapy as well.

jawsh,

lwien

jawsh said:
What do you mean by rub some on then buff? what is involved with buffing?
Quickly rubbing with a soft towel, but I found that by just applying and rubbing in with your thumb on a warm PD, I can skip the buffing process.

lwien,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
stickstones said:
nice tip on the wax, pope. I stopped using oil because it is expensive and goes quick. Been using crumbled incense. I will give the wax thing a shot next time I break out the oils.
Hey what's up? Good quality essential oil is pretty cheap if you buy the "NOW" brand from vitaglo.com - good site to buy vitamins and supplements as well.
Reminds me of a funny story I heard a long time ago. A friend of mine was at a party once, everyone was wrecked on serious drugs. David Bowie and Iggy Pop were there. David Bowie eventually accused Iggy Pop of stealing his vitamins. (who takes vitamins to a party?) He was frantic: "WHERE'S MY VEETAMINS! WHO TOOK MY VEETAMINS!" For some reason that always struck me as incredibly funny.

jeffp,

Purple-Days

Good one Jeff. :lol:

There is an Aromatherapy thread somewhere with some good info including some links to sources.

A little goes a long way, just don;t load the cup over the PD, you might miss. Do the loading where a clean wipe up is easy. :2c:

Purple-Days,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Actually I said it wrong, it was "WHO STOLE ME VEETAMINS, SOMEBODY STOLE ME VEETAMINS!"

jeffp,

malawigold

Landrace Advocate
Aww... sorry to hear that pammy... btw anyone try making their own essential oils from lemons from their backyard or anything like that? Heard that oils expensive and would want some for some after sesh stuff w/o the big price tag...

malawigold,
Top Bottom