Purple Days similar to the Vapolution?

pelswick

I just got a purple days and I previously owned a Vapolution. The Purple Days is exactly the same as the vapolution with all-in-wonder all glass bowl-mouthpiece

The Vapolution is superior for around the same price because it has:

temperature control
heats up in 4 minutes
heating element completely separated from air intake by glass
airway from the intake to the mouthpiece is *completely glass*
car adapter
no metal/plastic anywhere in the airpath
you can see white vapor snaking up the glass mouthpiece

pelswick,

B.

War Criminal
You've opened quite a can of worms here brotha, I can't wait to see the fallout. I've been intrigued by the vapolution for a while, but never enough to pull the trigger.

Whats the heating element made of?

How much do you have to load to get good hits?

How sturdy is it?

B.,

Beezleb

Ive never tried the vapolution but I have met some very happy and defensive owners in the past but its not a vape for everybody. I think Max has or had one if I memory serves me well. I havent seen a review from a recent buy in quite some time. I see the vape as outdated personally to as I see it as better vapes in my opinion in its class but it is a quality vape but showing its age.

It is one vape that I recall people getting because of it being all glass but one that you had to leave the herb in chunks.

I had/have hope to see them do an updated model but I never heard of such a thing and is just me wishing.

Beezleb,

lwien

Yeah. I think there are a few here who have had both the PD and the Vapolution. Will be interesting to hear what they have to say.

lwien,

spikyvape

I also have a vapolution.

The heater 100% glass, it is just a testtube with some nichrome around it. So not inside
but outside the tube. So 100% glass vapor path.

The taste is superb even better as the vhw or aromed, but the problem is the herbs should be
a bit moist. You don't grind the herbs but roll it like a little cigar.

There is no screen but a little glass dimple, the problem with this is that you get particles in your
mouth. Also the unit has a lot of drag if you pack it to much, if you pack not enough it drops out
of the straw in the heater and burns.

Also you have to watch out that you don't overcook it in the vapolution.

A little tricky machine but once you get to know it you will be very happy.

spikyvape,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
The Vapolution is superior for around the same price because it has:

temperature control
heats up in 4 minutes
heating element completely separated from air intake by glass
airway from the intake to the mouthpiece is *completely glass*
car adapter
no metal/plastic anywhere in the airpath
you can see white vapor snaking up the glass mouthpiece
-Temp control, don't want, I love PD's stable temp.
-Heating time completely irrelevant, PD is always on.
-Glass, while nice, no biggie for me
-Again glass is not a MUST for me.
-PD has a car adaptor too?
-Again, PD's materials dont both me in the slightest.
-I vaporbong so I see the vapor anyway.

What it has over the PD is glass, but I don't want glass in my vapes... because I live in Australia and breaking a vaporizer is complete fail.

Chubba,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
they are different vapes. The PD can sit out in the open stealth like. marcuss has/had a vapolution and loved it. good machine, good price, not much attention. There is an official thread on it in this forum.

stickstones,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I dont want to come across as a dick, but it *almost* seems as if this guy was trolling. I mean, its not every single day that we have someone drop into the forum, and with their very first post knock on a popular vape with a 'matter of fact' attitude.

Sure some valid points are brought up, but this reeks of troll to me a little. (Please prove me wrong - Ill gladly apologize after some more vape discussion contributions)

AGBeer,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
Other than the fact that you stick a PD tube/all in wonder bowl in the top of both units, I don't see anything else (apart from making vapor) that these really have in common. I have heard from a few people that the temp control knob on the vapolution has a tendency not work as well after it has had a bit of use.

Happycamper,

max

Out to lunch
I used a Vapolution extensively before the PD came out. They're both top loaders, but "exactly the same"? Hardly. spikyvape described the differences accurately. And I'll add that it's very easy to overcook your herb with the Vapo. While you can leave a loaded vapor tube in the PD overnight and get a hit the next day, the Vapo bowl gets very hot when you leave it in. Let it sit for a minute (or two with a lower temp selected) and the front end of your herb is toast. It's a nice vape for the money, and quite portable (not a pocket vape, unless you have a very big pocket, like a jacket), but compared to the PD, it's quite touchy- hard to load and vape for efficiency.

AGBeer said:
but this reeks of troll to me a little
Smells=a little. Reeks=a lot. ;) We have a 'Report' post button. If you think a post is in violation of the rules, report it. Do not call someone a troll in a post (or you'll be in violation), or even speculate that they may be one.

max,

fail

AGBeer said:
I dont want to come across as a dick, but it *almost* seems as if this guy was trolling. I mean, its not every single day that we have someone drop into the forum, and with their very first post knock on a popular vape with a 'matter of fact' attitude.

Sure some valid points are brought up, but this reeks of troll to me a little. (Please prove me wrong - Ill gladly apologize after some more vape discussion contributions)
this

fail,

pelswick

Happycamper said:
Other than the fact that you stick a PD tube/all in wonder bowl in the top of both units...
I didn't even think of doing this. I'll have to try this out.

spikyvape said:
There is no screen but a little glass dimple, the problem with this is that you get particles in your
mouth. Also the unit has a lot of drag if you pack it to much, if you pack not enough it drops out
of the straw in the heater and burns.
Yeah, this is a big difference, although I don't see why you couldn't stuff a little screen up in there. Both bowl pieces have the potential for little pieces to drop out down into the unit.

max said:
While you can leave a loaded vapor tube in the PD overnight and get a hit the next day, the Vapo bowl gets very hot when you leave it in. Let it sit for a minute (or two with a lower temp selected) and the front end of your herb is toast.
I didn't know this about the PD. I'll have to try it. I do sort of remember if you leave the bowl down in the vapolution it'll cook.

After using my new vape for a few days I have to say I really like the PD. It gets big spicy hits and completely spends the bowl in three of them. It gets you ripped, fast.

Also I don't have a PD, but a Woodeez which is pretty much the same. There was no way I was waiting 10 weeks.

pelswick,

lwien

"I just got a purple days....."
"After using my new vape for a few days I have to say I really like the PD"
"Also I don't have a PD........."

Uhhhhhhh............what the...?

lwien,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
Also I don't have a PD, but a Woodeez which is pretty much the same. There was no way I was waiting 10 weeks.
Wtf... so you come on here and bash one of the most respected vapes and you weren't even using it :mad:

Biggest fail I've ever seen in my life.

Chubba,

reece

lwien said:
"I just got a purple days....."
"After using my new vape for a few days I have to say I really like the PD"
"Also I don't have a PD........."

Uhhhhhhh............what the...?
:lol:

Methinks someone really likes the vapor. :lol:

Also didn't notice until now that one reasons given for the vapolution's superiority is it comes with a car adapter.

reece,
Top Bottom