Purple Days - How many bowls do you vape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jklasd

New to this forum, but i notice alot of the same people i see around alot and know what they are talking about, so i figured id join this as well.:)
I haven't read much about the PD (im a ssv owner myself.:D), but going by what i have read, it seems as if the stem for the PD only holds.02g but you can still mulitple hits off just that one stem. Im curious, even though this is VERY subjective, after how many stems would you feel it kicking in? (this is a question that will kill 2 birds with one stone, i get this question ask, but i also find out if the big hits on the SSV matter.:lol:) Im also wondering, someone stated that if the PD were to change hands, the price would probably sky rocket. does the PD still have the same owners? Im now tempted to look into getting one, and seeing how in 2-3 months i shall get my income tax back, i might just have to pick one up.
Thanks for all the answers in advance.:peace:

jklasd,

High n Dry

Welcome Jklasd! the PD is very efficient depends on the grade of your herb, on mids 3 pd stems gets me vaped and with the dank just about 2 stems. i think .5grams will get you and a buddy very vaped with the PD

High n Dry,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
:wave:
Im curious, even though this is VERY subjective, after how many stems would you feel it kicking in?
Personally, 1 bowl is often all the buzz I'm looking for... this is the PD's strength; accurate dosing. I haven't met many people could get past 5 in a row. ;) I own an SSV as well and find it difficult to compare them apples to apples. They do make an excellent team though, that seems to be the consensus.

does the PD still have the same owners?
Yes. Tom and Pam.

If you want a condensed version of the 63 page Purple Days thread, check this out.

p.s. I changed the title of your thread from 'purple days vap' to 'Purple Days - How many bowls do you vape?', so you might get some more views and others with the same question might find it more easily. Hope you don't mind. :)

vtac,

jklasd

Welcome Jklasd! the PD is very efficient depends on the grade of your herb, on mids 3 pd stems gets me vaped and with the dank just about 2 stems. i think .5grams will get you and a buddy very vaped with the PD
Thanks! im gonna assume dank is the good shit. i live in canada, and im probably getting mids, which to me would be amazing, im still a lightweight, but vape everyday. im careful, i dont want to start spending 200-300 a week on MJ like some of my buddies.
Personally, 1 bowl is often all the buzz I'm looking for... this is the PD's strength; accurate dosing. I haven't met many people could get past 5 in a row. I own an SSV as well and find it difficult to compare them apples to apples. They do make an excellent team though, that seems to be the consensus.
5 in a row would work out to .1 in total, fuck thats good :lol:. what strength would you give your MJ?
p.s. I changed the title of your thread from 'purple days vap' to 'Purple Days - How many bowls do you vape?', so you might get some more views and others with the same question might find it more easily. Hope you don't mind.
no sir, do whatever you want, if you have the power and want to do something help a brotha, go nuts ;)

jklasd,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Welcome jklasd :D
With the ;pd; (purple days) one load (even one drag can be enough for me). However, I can also go through 50 or so over the course of a movie. IMO, it is just a matter of preference/mood/activities/etc.

I have been fortunate to have had the opportunity to try over a dozen vapes (maybe even two) and (while the PD is definitely not the best in every category) IME it works well and is the most durable and efficient with out a doubt :cool: .

Creator(V) - p.s. I changed the title of your thread from 'purple days vap' to 'Purple Days - How many bowls do you vape?', so you might get some more views and others with the same question might find it more easily. Hope you don't mind.
JK - no sir, do whatever you want, if you have the power and want to do something help a brotha, go nuts ;)
Wow, Vtac...You really do bend over backwards to help people who join this forum :tup:

Toke it easy :brow:

Progress,

jeg05

I am sorry if i am taking away from the thread but how many hits can you get off one stem? and if u take away the 30min start time how long does it take to go through one stem.

jeg05,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
i usually find that 1 bowl is enough to get me nicely baked for 1-1.5 hours, and i generally get 4-5 hits off a stem and a couple more just because i like to be sure its absolutely dead

Acolyte of Zinglon,

jeg05

can i pack the stem lighter, becasue i dont like being baked when i ahve to to things (like class) i like to be just high enough that i am happy an focused.

jeg05,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
ya, ve done that too, i usually pack a half-pd bowl if im going to meditate, as a small dose can soften the ego without clouding the mind, it allows me to go further with less effort i find

Acolyte of Zinglon,

jeg05

I know i kindof highjacked the the thread but thanks a lot Acolyte of Zinglon.

jeg05,

jklasd

I know i kindof highjacked the the thread but thanks a lot Acolyte of Zinglon.
by all means sir, the question you asked is rather important.
With the (purple days) one load (even one drag can be enough for me). However, I can also go through 50 or so over the course of a movie. IMO, it is just a matter of preference/mood/activities/etc.
damn thats some good efficient. i might have to buy myself this. im not one to own multiple things, especially since im crazy happy with my ssv, but purple days seem just too good not to own, with a solid price to boot.

jklasd,

max

Out to lunch
jklasd said:
but going by what i have read, it seems as if the stem for the PD only holds.02g
.02g is an average (and on the light side at that), not the capacity. My first testing session to approximate the average PD bowl used three different varieties I think, and I packed them loosely (for good airflow) but to the top, or close to it. The average was about .025g. To get a measurement for 'average bowl' it takes a scale accurate to .01g, and weighing out multiple bowls. I use 10, for a good quantity and easy calculation.

But the average can vary quite a bit due to factors like consistency, moisture content, and the individual's personal preference. I can also load ten bowls and get an average of .04-.05g (tested that too). Granted that's a pretty packed bowl, with dry weed of a fine consistency, but I've vaped bowls this size many times. It's too packed for really good airflow, but you can certainly work with it. So for some PD owners .04g could well be a better average than .025. There's certainly a wide weight range possible, and it's a big factor in how it hits.

The PD has the smallest of bowls, and you can top it off, so it's understandable that people want to know how much it holds. But any one PD tube can contain anywhere from .01g (or less?) to .05 or a little more. You could probably cram .07g of powder in it (a future test? :science:), but at some point (.05 I'd say) adding any more isn't practical. 05 is pretty crammed-I can get a lot of hits, but it's too tightly packed for comfortable draws, and a big amount, even with the PD bowl, always ends up compromising the taste.

im not one to own multiple things, especially since im crazy happy with my ssv, but purple days seem just too good not to own, with a solid price to boot.
As for the SSV being enough, for most it certainly is. But we've got quite a few here, including me, who own both, and some of us even use the PD more often. So it certainly is a good companion vape. And the PD's quality and value, $ wise, will only last as long as Tom and Pam continue to build it.

max,

greenganja

Well I find that the number of bowls that I need can depend on a few different factors. If the herbs have been properly ground and are dry if I load up a stem of the dankest of dank then one bowl will usually do the trick. With regular schwag I find that three bowls will hit the spot. I really enjoy the taste and freshness of vaporizing. Tried to smoke some really good stuff the other day with a friend and took one puff and was quickly reminded of why I purchased a PD. :peace:

greenganja,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
I always keep a freshly jarred nugget on the side from all my ground shit for vaporizing..gotta love the flavors of a fresh nug in any vape

(fresh as in a cured nug...but not left out to get that perfect vapor brittleness)

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

jklasd

Thanks for all the info guys. im still debating if i want to add another vape or not. i got time to decide and they are other shit i would like (not MJ related). Thanks again! :peace:

jklasd,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom