Purple-Days availability

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSS

mmj patient under siege by the obama admin
updated through post by bags

Highest Known Confirmed/Completed Shipment: buzzhead #3248 ordered 11/20 received 3/12
Lowest Known Number Awaiting Processing Confirmation: oldhippy41 #3289 ordered 11/25
Expected Wait Time: 15-17+ weeks

orange=confirmed processing (order changed to fba)
red=confirmed shipping (received shipping confirmation e-mail)
yellow=status unknown

Current Known Wait List:
oldhippy41 #3289 ordered 11/25
cville #3292
ejance #3335 ordered 12/1
digitalxdream #3393 ordered 12/5
lex1489 #3394 ordered 12/6
elhoel #3418 ordered 12/8
mauison #3422 ordered 12/8
xero #3502 ordered 12/15
jofroxp #3538
icanreadgood #3555 ordered 12/22
greenroses #3581 ordered 12/24
slick64 #3610 ordered 12/26
commit #3615 ordered 12/28
d232 #3619 ordered 12/29
sacalamota #3658 1/1
diabeticgonewild #3684 ordered 1/4
donkdafied #3688
blearybear #3738
bags #3822 ordered 1/19
neilito #3859 ordered 1/22
yada #3864 ordered 1/23
bkram #3968 ordered 2/3
mrschyguy #3975 ordered 2/3
edgar #4018 ordered 2/9
momofthegoons #4182 ordered 2/24
momofthegoons(2) #4342 ordered 3/12

Canada Wait List:
hangin' with mr cooper #3501 12/15
jimbo #3953 ordered 2/1

SSS,

BUZZHEAD

JEFF
Yea thats me on top (highest know shipped and recieved). My birthday was 3/12 (what a birthday gift).
I'm enjoying the hell out of this thing, it kicks ass. I'll post some pics later. Everyone waiting, well it's worth it, hang in there. :brow:

PD, MZ, iolite. :peace:

BUZZHEAD,

MauiSon

Been watching for a while (wait's gone from 10+ to 17+), time to add to the list #3422 ordered 12/8
[Sorry for the push down... :uhoh:]

DB, LB, PD (2 weeks mo'?)

MauiSon,

OldHippy41

I just wrote a full page vent-post and decided it can be boiled down to one or two key statements/questions. I'll spare everyone the whole thing and boil it down just a bit.

I'm a healthy, balanced, normal person. I love Tom and Pammy just on principal, I don't need to spell out why. I'm pretty sure we all do. None of this is about them whatsoever.

When i paid for the product, i was told to expect 9+weeks wait. Clearly it's been longer than that. Business needs come up, there are reasons, i get that. Not a problem. I do feel however that transparency is the answer to the woes of the quiet non-complainer like me (and to busy self-starter small business owners.. but I'll get to that). Vapenow clearly says they don't respond to email inquiries regarding wait time. This is not the case, as plenty of people have asked and posted their responses here. This bothers me. Sometimes I feel the squeaky wheel gets the grease, what's in it for the patient, good customer? The one who paid full price just like everyone else and has been waiting without a single peep from the retailer.

Don't people think that simply sharing real information would solve this problem? We've gone so far as a community of wannabe owners, that we've compiled our own wait list?... Come on. This is 2010 and we haven't ordered a kit-car from the back of a magazine.

Can't vapenow just share their real order number list and be honest about the quantity and frequency of their re-stocking? Shouldn't they be intrinsically motivated to do so? isn't it in -everyone's- best interest? In my mind, this would stop the emails from those who disregard the rules and negate the need for so many people to be bashing their heads against the walls wondering when they're going to get their product. Information, vs. guessing that's all. Customer service is all about setting the right expectation with your customer. Tom and Pam do a great job of that on their product website. Others, not so much.

Again just my :2c:$.02 I was thinking 9+ and then mid wait, out comes the pandora. The product meant for me. Normally I'd be happy that such a great thing is put out, I can't help but interpret it as a cosmic slap on my other cheek. "Should I cancel and get pandora? Nah, they're just about to ship my PD, I'm sure. Be patient..."

So i continued waiting, the pandoras started shipping, and newer customers put PD's to their lips. I don't think my situation is anybody's fault, and I'm mostly just complaining.... the past 15 weeks were fun (thanks to all on this AWESOME board), but now every day without a status change is more discouraging than the last. I don't like doing business this way, am I the only one? I'm pretty sure my post will be misinterpreted, as I have a way of messing up my words, but one last chance to clarify, I promise:

I'm happy that i get to buy one, i don't mind waiting. I just wish the -exclusive- retailer would realize how lucky they are to be able to offer this product, and decide to be proactive, and innovative about improving the customer experience. I think people would pay considerably more for one, if somebody (maybe it needs to be a competing retailer?) delivered a better buying experience with an identical wait period. Bah.

"Hey, sorry we told you 9 weeks, shit has come up. We're so sorry! I have 23 people ahead of you, and things have been coming in around 15-20 units per week. Only a couple more weeks!"

That kind of email would've squelched this bitch before it even came up. How hard is that?... Again. Come on, this is their business!!!!!!!! It doesn't take Steve Jobs does it?

OldHippy41,

SSS

oldhippy, your complaint is valid and is a huge reason the list was compiled.

SSS,

Purple-Days

Some things are changing. And we will get to that later.

For now, I can inform you all that there was some hang up with the shipment that left here on 2-10... it took almost a month for Amazon to 'receive' it and re-ship. The package of units shipped on 2-24 has gone missing completely! UPS doesn't even have a record of it, though the driver clearly remembers picking the box up and delivering it to the depot in Brookings. Gone... Add in some out of town hospital and doctor visits... and the wait list has gotten out of hand.

I have asked Vapenow to stop sales. All orders will be filled before further orders are taken. At that time there will be changes.

Purple-Days,

sudo_high

Purple-Days said:

For now, I can inform you all that there was some hang up with the shipment that left here on 2-10... it took almost a month for Amazon to 'receive' it and re-ship. The package of units shipped on 2-24 has gone missing completely! UPS doesn't even have a record of it, though the driver clearly remembers picking the box up and delivering it to the depot in Brookings. Gone... Add in some out of town hospital and doctor visits... and the wait list has gotten out of hand.

I have asked Vapenow to stop sales. All orders will be filled before further orders are taken. At that time there will be changes.
Woah, shipments going missing. That's terrible Tom. Good to see that you're trying to address the issue, despite it not being your fault.

On better news, my PD arrived last week. Sorry I haven't had time to drop by and inform the SSS waiting list. It's a beaut'!:D

sudo_high,

OldHippy41

Also really sorry to hear that. Tom, you're the real deal. PM in the works, I have to do a bit of thinking first. Time to head to the shop.

OldHippy41,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
That is a drag, Tom. I'm sure you've accessed your options in terms of insurance claim from UPS, etc.
Sucks, sometimes unforeseen shit happens - a drag for you and the customers...

jeffp,

SSS

bummer on the box tom. i hope the changes make it a better experience for everyone involved.

SSS,

Xero

Oldhippy

I would say that most of your complaints can be traced to vapenow or whatever the shippers site is. I think it is BS that a company couldn't figure out a wait list by themselves. I saw earlier posts from them saying to the effect "Give us an easy system and we will implement it". A user of FC compiled all the data out there. After this happened the shipper changed the eta on their page. Again Tom is different than the site shipping his products. I have no problems with them but the shipping site has some serious issues that should be resolved. The wait list is just one of them.

Sorry for the derailment. gettin close woot woot

Xero,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Purple-Days said:

This is one of the main reasons why the PD is so popular. Tom and Pammy's clear dedication to their customers and product is really impressive. I can understand OldHippy's frustration with the vendor; there's nothing more frustrating than not being able to get answers. Imagine how frustrating for Tom and Pammy. But clearly, Purple-Days is not the culprit (not that that was implied). Hopefully, the pressure of the waiting list and shipping problems didn't make the health problems worse.

Tom and Pammy, I hope you are both feeling well and am sure that you will do what it takes to get things caught up.

And I am sooooo glad I got my orders in before you stopped taking them!! :D

momofthegoons,

Purple-Days

The lost package is just one of those freak things. Oh well... :rolleyes: things happen. :2c:

p.s. thanks Mom, health is steady. We are dedicated to customer satisfaction, but you can't make everyone happy. So in the end, we need to balance. Eliminating the existing wait list is a start.

VapeNow is still our friend and trusted business partner. You can rely on them for all your vaporizer needs. We really enjoy working with them.

Purple-Days,

bodhi

Holy Shit.....as of 6:30pm 3/19 pacific time consider my fucking mind BLOWN. Thanks to the PD team for the sublime work and Vapenow (a vote of confidence from Purple Days carries some weight around here). I can't wait to order my next one, I am so fucking mad at myself for waiting and not getting on the list again!

bodhi,

max

Out to lunch
Xero said:
the shipping site has some serious issues that should be resolved.
The shipper is Amazon.com. Vapenow is no longer involved with the actual shipping at all. They just set up the account and Amazon's system does the rest. If your issue is that Vapenow isn't accommodating enough to PD buyers, I've got news for you. No dealer will provide the personal attention that some think is due. Vape dealers are not the big companies that e-commerce makes them appear to be, with multiple customer svc. employees.

max,

GreenRoses

MMJ Patient
Purple-Days said:
... wait list has gotten out of hand.

I have asked Vapenow to stop sales. All orders will be filled before further orders are taken. ...
Wow :lol: We just became the most exclusive list on the net! I want "Limited Edition" laser'd on mine. :brow:

:peace:

GreenRoses,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Congrats Bodhi!!! You sound just like me... Shortly after getting my first I thought I better jump back on that list LOL!!!

Enjoy :D

Lo,

Xero

max said:
Xero said:
the shipping site has some serious issues that should be resolved.
The shipper is Amazon.com. Vapenow is no longer involved with the actual shipping at all. They just set up the account and Amazon's system does the rest. If your issue is that Vapenow isn't accommodating enough to PD buyers, I've got news for you. No dealer will provide the personal attention that some think is due. Vape dealers are not the big companies that e-commerce makes them appear to be, with multiple customer svc. employees.
Max I read things like this from Vapenow

VapeNow said:
PDs shipping tomorrow. Anyone who who says an order tracking system would be cake with no extra labor, make one that meets that requirement and send it to me. Then you can complain. :brow: We're not against notifying people of their place on the list. But it comes down to a matter of time. We have all our other customer service to take care of too.
I don't care much for a company that doesn't understand 2 things. 1) Inventory 2) Schedule. From my perspective this company doesn't know either of those 2 things. If they did they would be able to have an idea of how long the wait list is. It doesn't take much time/effort to look through the data and come up with a wait list/wait time. Asking for a system that "takes no extra labor..." is like asking for a goose that lays a golden egg.

Xero,

lwien

One VERY important thing that you're leaving out of the equation, Xero, is the question of how much profit is VapeNow making on each PD. Whatever extra labor that has to be incurred on coming up with a more detailed tracking system has to be balanced out on how much that is going to cost them weighed against what their profit structure is on each PD delivered. That extra labor that you are talking about could be cost prohibitive with "could" being the operative word here.

lwien,

SSS

it took me 10 minutes to compile the known list from this thread. it's not comprehensive but i know i would have liked something like that to go by during my wait. although vapenow could have handled the wait list deal a lot better i'm not going to use that as an indictment against the company. from all accounts they do a solid job. hopefully the upcoming changes reduce or eliminate some of the kinks in the system.

SSS,

sour

Hey Xero it's not right to be so hard on them. VapeNow has good customer service, I got quick responses to my emails and got a feeling that I was being taken care of. I'm sure this whole system of building, selling, and shipping has been a learning experience for all parties involved.. that's not to say were dealing with inexperienced people I just mean I'm sure there is a lot that goes into this kind of service especially when it was built from the ground up. I think a lot of members here recognize these things and really appreciate Tom and Pammy's business. The mom & pop style vendor is part of the allure that drew me into the Purple Days. Jim is who I corresponded with at VapeNow, i'm not sure if the sole person who does customer service over there or not but I kept him busy with a few emails when I was getting anxious about my shipment/tracking number issues. If their getting emails from all customers including those with other vapes than the PD, I can bet they are BUSY responding and answering our every question. I'd say they are doing a pretty good job from my experience.

sour,

lwien

sour said:
Hey Xero it's not right to be so hard on them. VapeNow has good customer service, I got quick responses to my emails and got a feeling that I was being taken care of. I'm sure this whole system of building, selling, and shipping has been a learning experience for all parties involved.. that's not to say were dealing with inexperienced people I just mean I'm sure there is a lot that goes into this kind of service especially when it was built from the ground up. I think a lot of members here recognize these things and really appreciate Tom and Pammy's business. The mom & pop style vendor is part of the allure that drew me into the Purple Days. Jim is who I corresponded with at VapeNow, i'm not sure if the sole person who does customer service over there or not but I kept him busy with a few emails when I was getting anxious about my shipment/tracking number issues. If their getting emails from all customers including those with other vapes than the PD, I can bet they are BUSY responding and answering our every question. I'd say they are doing a pretty good job from my experience.
Yup. Seems like 7th Floor could learn quite a bit from VapeNow regarding customer service, eh?

lwien,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom