Combustion free since '09
My status has changed again

03/08/2010 Approved -- FBA
03/08/2010 Processing FBA

Lo,

SSS

mmj patient under siege by the obama admin
updated through post by sinclue

Highest Known Confirmed Shipment: perseusstoned #3224 ordered 11/18 received 2/24
Lowest Known Number Awaiting Confirmation: sinclue #3200 ordered 11/17
Expected Wait Time: 15-16+ weeks

orange=confirmed processing (order changed to fba)
red=confirmed shipping (received shipping confirmation e-mail)
yellow=status unknown

Current Known Wait List:
lo #3197 ordered 11/15
sinclue #3200 ordered 11/17
bodhi #3232 ordered 11/19
buzzhead #3248 ordered 11/20
oldhippy41 #3289 ordered 11/25
cville #3292
ejance #3335 ordered 12/1
digitalxdream #3393 ordered 12/5
lex1489 #3394 ordered 12/6
elhoel #3418 ordered 12/8
xero #3502 ordered 12/15
jofroxp #3538
icanreadgood #3555 ordered 12/22
greenroses #3581 ordered 12/24
slick64 #3610 ordered 12/26
commit #3615 ordered 12/28
d232 #3619 ordered 12/29
sacalamota #3658 1/1
diabeticgonewild #3684 ordered 1/4
donkdafied #3688
blearybear #3738
bags #3822
neilito #3859 ordered 1/25 (?)
yada #3864 ordered 1/23
bkram #3968 ordered 2/3
mrschyguy #3975 ordered 2/3
edgar #4018 ordered 2/9
momofthegoons #4182 ordered 2/24

Canada Wait List:
sudo_high #2949 ordered 10/19
hangin' with mr cooper #3501 12/15
jimbo #3953 ordered 2/1

SSS,

Derf

max said:
Derf said:
Derf said:
Why don't ya'll just order the pandora kit... its cheaper and will get to you sooner? Is there a question here?

Mod note: The Pandora is a kit, which requires assembly. Not everyone wants to build a PD. Posts in this thread don't have to be a question, but they should be on topic. Your post is not. :/
if you want to wait 4+ months and pay an extra $50 because you don't know how to or want to spend 30 minutes putting it together, that's your choice. Any interest in paying me $175 for pre-assembled pandora kits?
Since that was my mod note, you must be responding to me. Implying that anyone who doesn't go for a Pandora kit 'doesn't know how to put one together in 30 min.', qualifies as trolling IMO, so I suggest you keep your opinion on this topic to yourself. And the price difference is $30, not $50.
Sorry to derail this thread, but I just have to respond here.
1) I wasn't really responding to YOU, Max, just responding in general. This post however, would be directed at you. The rest of the community, I apologize for distracting you from your wait on PD status reports. Mods can delete this post if they feel it is off topic or irrelevant (but hopefully after Max reads this)
2) Trolling? WTF? Wikipedia defines trolling as "In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts messages ...in an online community... with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response." Just what emotion do you think I was trying to provoke? Hate? Anger? Frustration? I was only offering to help in some capacity. All I asked was if you don't know or want to put it together would you want to consider another option to get your PD faster (than 16 weeks) and cheaper (than the normal $180). Seems like a win-win to me. Ok, so not everyone knows how to use a soldering iron, or might be intimidated by "some assembly required". I use a soldering iron frequently, put together many toy models when I was a kid, and have taken apart the PD many times, so I don't share your perspective.
3) It isn't even worth continuing this conversation, especially here, since apparently the fact that I would even offer to help Tom & Pam out in assembly, and the rest of the community in wait time and cost, would, according to some people, put me in the category of Joker, parasite or asshole (according to bodhi), or affecting Tom's business (according to PerseusStoned).

Peace out yo, it really seems true, no good deed goes unpunished. Y'all need to smoke some more and chill the F out, cuz this community is waaaay too up tight.

Derf,

BUZZHEAD

JEFF
Dudes, don't go spoiling my excitment, i fuckin been waiting too long for this shit. Thats my opinion. :2c: :uhoh: :cool: :peace:

BUZZHEAD,

lwien

It's the way you communicated it, Derf, and that's why you got the feedback that you got.

The way you communicated it with "if you want to wait 4+ months and pay an extra $50 because you don't know how to or want to spend 30 minutes putting it together, that's your choice. Any interest in paying me $175 for pre-assembled pandora kits?", was a very condescending way to put that out there and offer your services and as such, you got the appropriate response.

It's all in the presentation, man.

lwien,

PerseusStoned

On topic: My PD was just shipped tonight (confirmed on website and through email), I am eagerly waiting.

Just a few things @ Derf. lwien summarized what the original problem was, so no need to touch on that again.
Derf said:
Mods can delete this post if they feel it is off topic or irrelevant (but hopefully after Max reads this)
Just to clarify, in context it seems like you are not aware Max is a mod.
Derf said:
or affecting Tom's business (according to PerseusStoned).
Following is my quote in full (and bodhi's in partial). I did not say it would affect business, I merely speculated and never offered a qualitative statement. Indeed I thought it would be more likely to be construed to your benefit, so I'm a little surprised I'm misquoted like that.
PerseusStoned said:
bodhi said:
<snip>I doubt too many people here are going to want to take $$ from supporting Purple Days and give it to a parasite or asshole, hypothetically.
To be fair (although you did seem to understand this, based on the way the rest of your post was worded, so forgive me if I'm being redundant), it seems perfectly fair to assemble other people's Pandoras for cash. Whether or not this should be fair as a practice (i.e. a company selling pre-assembled "Pandoras" for $40 more) is debatable; I'd hate for Tom's business to be affected by someone doing this (unless, of course, he welcomes the change in pace, he'll still be making money off of them).

Should this be discussed further in another thread (as far as anyone else's opinions are concerned)?

Just so you know lo, (due to your position in PD waiting time) every time I see you post in this thread my heart starts beating rapidly.
Derf said:
Wikipedia defines trolling as "In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts messages ...in an online community... with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response." <snip> Y'all need to smoke some more and chill the F out, cuz this community is waaaay too up tight.
:rolleyes:

PerseusStoned,

Lo

My status has changed to shipped w/ tracking info. I'm SOFA KING CLOSE!! :D :D :D

Edited to add:
Holy shit!! According to tracking....it's already here in town :D The tracking numbers post after it's already shipped it seems :D Wheeeeeeeee!

Lo,

max

Out to lunch
Derf said:
Peace out yo, it really seems true, no good deed goes unpunished. Y'all need to smoke some more and chill the F out, cuz this community is waaaay too up tight.
Peace is what we're after here, and since you just joined in Jan., you don't know, unless you've been doing a whole lot of reading, what we've been through in trying to maintain a civil forum. Originally, we had one rule - 'Be nice'. So we tried to run a slack forum and trust people to behave, and it didn't work out. It always seems that the bigger the forum, the more rules you need.

Your statement - "if you want to wait 4+ months and pay an extra $50 because you don't know how to spend 30 minutes putting it together, that's your choice" is clearly a belittling one IMO, and if you'll read the rules, you'll see that covered- "Please do not post any messages that harass, insult, belittle, threaten or flame another member." I used to build and repair circuit boards, once upon a time, but that doesn't mean I want to build a PD today, and the same could apply for anyone. You'll also see this - "Rules are interpreted and applied at staff discretion". Your follow up post just reinforces my opinion that my mod note was appropriate.

So if the forum is too uptight for you, you'll just have to live with it and adapt, if you want to be a contributing member. And since this is a staff decision, you'll also want to keep this rule in mind- "Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the site."

max,

PerseusStoned

Lo said:
Edited to add:
Holy shit!! According to tracking....it's already here in town :D The tracking numbers post after it's already shipped it seems :D Wheeeeeeeee!
Same thing! Arrived in town at 6am! I can't wait.

PerseusStoned,

OldHippy41

I've been lurking for a while now, and it looks like it's time for me to do my part. I'm going to be recovering from surgery soon and I think I may get some wonderful recovery news from vapenow pretty soon....

I'll be sure to post the min I receive updates or receive the unit.

Order Number: 3289
Date Ordered: Wednesday 25 November, 2009

OldHippy41,

lwien

Well, from one Old Hippy to another, I hope your recovery goes............quickly. The PD will definitely help smooth things out.

lwien,

Digitalxdream

this is a great post, very helpful.

I ordered PD on:
12/5 order # 3393,
Will update as soon as I hear anything...

Digitalxdream,

Lo

Hi OldHippy & Digital!! Welcome to FC and we look forward to hearing what you think when you receive your PD's.

Lo,

PerseusStoned

I just walked home from school and it was sitting on my porch! Plugged it in a minute ago! So psyched! 16 weeks on the dot from start to finish.

I was surprised it was so tiny, I expected something more "two-hand" size.

PerseusStoned,

Lo

Oh it might look tiny....but I'm sure you'll see it bowls you over :) So....we should hear back from you in a couple hours.... Congrats, exciting!!!

Lo,

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
FYI-Status update: Sent an email to VapeNow about my order at 7:36pm. Received the following reply at 10:52pm (!):

"Sorry for any confusion, we skipped your order because we were short on Paisley. You are #1 in line and should have one ship to you within the next week."

Sinclue,

GreenRoses

MMJ Patient
Congrats PerseusStoned! And welcome Digitalxdream :)

I feel like Leno wait'in for a Lamborghini Murcilago to be made and sent over the pond :lol:

GreenRoses,

Lo

I'm sorry Sinclue... I figured that might be the case. They send so many of each bottom as the list goes. I'm hoping yours comes very soon too!!!

Lo,

elhoel

bawls i was hoping id get mine next week but it looks like things are backing up a bit

qq

should be just two more weeks, should be lol

edit:

Xero said:
Did the estimated wait time go up or down with this latest round of shipments?
honestly it looked like it was speeding up but i dont think it did when mine gets here it'll be at least 15 weeks so, dunno if it did

elhoel,

SSS

mmj patient under siege by the obama admin
Xero said:
Did the estimated wait time go up or down with this latest round of shipments?
it looks to be close to the same with the exception of sinclue's pd.

SSS,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom