Purple-Days availability

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Shit - it IS vape now selling the PD for $500. I followed the links to contact service representative and it led me to vape now's page.

jeffp,

Purple-Days

Hi everybody, this is pretty strange. :)

My first reaction was that it's a spoof. :o There are certain folks who hate the PD. Their a strange sort.

We certainly are not involved in this in any way, and until VapeNow responds here, or we are in contact with them, nobody knows what the facts are. Although I think my guess is probably pretty close...

But, right now my plate is full, surgery tomorrow AM. Till then I have plenty of stuff to do including completing the current VapeNow order this afternoon. :)

Purple-Days,

lwien

Good luck on the cat surgery, Tom. I recently had a scare on that but was told yesterday by my Optho that I was just at the very beginning stages of it. Heard this surgery is as routine as a tonsillectomy now, so you should be good to go in a day or two, and then you'll actually be able to see what you're makin'. ;)

lwien,

Purple-Days

Thanks everyone.

"able to see what you're makin' " :cool:

So, Tom, I see you are here for a hysterectomy. :lol:

Purple-Days,

sethhobrin

Tom,

It IS vapenow that i selling them for $500. It sounds like they didn't event notify you. How ridiculous!

http://www.amazon.com/Purple-Days-V...8JK2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1250270481&sr=8-1

Sold by VAPENOW

Also: http://the-brickton-group-llc.amazo...froogle&utm_medium=organic&utm_source=froogle

VAPENOW is run by the brickton group llc.

My guess is that they are shaving off 20% of the inventory and selling them at the $500 price point. Massive profit.

here is the vapenow storefront on amazon.com. As you can see this is the same company and not some kind of spoof.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.html?ie=UTF8&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&me=A1STYZTJMEKBPM

sethhobrin,

lwien

Comon' VapeNow. We need to hear from you on this. What in the hell is goin' on?

lwien,

wthanna

It's possible that they did not mean to offend anyone, but felt they had a "special", last of its kind item, and wanted to get a premium for it. It does appear to have the purple light, which is no longer available for sale anywhere, unless it is bought used. I'm not saying it is a great move, but I don't want to prejudge too harshly. Of course they could have gotten rid of it quickly here on this forum. :cool: (All will be forgiven.. if you will just ship order #2273 today. Ha! I kid! :brow: )

wthanna,

max

Out to lunch
Fishing for rich, impatient PD fans, apparently. :/ The new ones that have sold on eBay went for an average of about $250 w/shipping. Hard to believe anyone would pay $320 over the retail price.

Let's hope it IS just a single 'LED installed, old style' PD-one of a kind.

max,

bluegrass58

Wow! I logged on to check the delivery status and see this mess! I have finally decided to take the plunge and order a PD, but I think I will put my purchase plans on hold until this is sorted out. I sure hope VapeNow is not behind this type of price gougeing.

bluegrass58,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
wthanna said:
It's possible that they did not mean to offend anyone, but felt they had a "special", last of its kind item, and wanted to get a premium for it. It does appear to have the purple light, which is no longer available for sale anywhere, unless it is bought used. I'm not saying it is a great move, but I don't want to prejudge too harshly. Of course they could have gotten rid of it quickly here on this forum. :cool: (All will be forgiven.. if you will just ship order #2273 today. Ha! I kid! :brow: )
Nah, there's no description of the rarity of this item, of it being new discontinued stock, etc. Tom has a hunch as to what's the deal - be interesting to find out what is going on and I'm glad this was brought to his attention.

jeffp,

VapeNow

Vapor Enthusiast
Retailer
Regarding the PDs on Amazon:

Due to the volume of PDs that we are selling we can no longer handle shipping PDs out of our office. We've had to move our inventory to our Amazon Warehouse. Unfortunately there is no way to warehouse with Amazon without having the items listed on their site. To discourage people from buying PDs we have set the price to $500. We're not out to make a quick buck. To date no one has ordered a PD off of Amazon and if we see that anyone has bought a PD at $500 we will raise the price. Based on the eBay scalpers it seemed no one was interested in paying over $300. This solution, while imperfect, will mean that people on the waitlist get their PDs faster, which is our ultimate goal.

We apologize for any confusion. :)

VapeNow,

lwien

Uhhh............... :uhoh:
So no heads up to Tom before you did this? No heads up to the those that are on waiting lists here before you did this?

If you really didn't want to sell one, why not price it totally out of the market..........like $1000.00?

Being that these units take 4 hours to build, I have to assume that you are getting no more than 28 units a week max. I also have no doubt that Tom and you already knew this going in. And you couldn't handle to ship 28 units a week or 3 a day?

And if you order it thru your site, it takes 2 months, but if you order it thru Amazon, you can get it shipped within 24 hours?

I don't know man. All this sounds kinda odd but I trust Tom, 100%, so I guess we'll have to hear from him on this issue, but I really find it odd that even he wasn't informed on what was going to happen here.

lwien,

max

Out to lunch
lwien, I sent the vapenow owner an email this morning, letting him know that FC members were concerned. He emailed me pretty much the same info he posted. It makes a lot more sense than a $500 PD.

Tom and vapenow don't have any agreement about how vapenow sells the units or for how much. Tom doesn't even want to know how many buyers are on the waiting list. And I don't think vapenow has any obligation to inform FC members about their business details either.

I've done a lot of corresponding with the vapenow owner for quite a while now, and IMO he's a straight up guy. And Tom and Pam feel the same way. They didn't have to choose him as their distributor. A lot of dealers would like to sell the PD. It's a very steady seller, as we all know here.

As for your estimate of what they should be able to ship, I'd just advise not to try to figure out someone's business if you haven't been there yourself. e-commerce can allow a business to do a sales volume that sometimes overwhelms the infrastructure.

I really find it odd that even he wasn't informed on what was going to happen here.
That's because you're making assumptions. One lesson I learned long ago-never try to figure out other peoples' relationships. ;)

So is a PD through you $180 or $500?
jeff, he explained that he had to put a price on it. If he wanted to sell some for a higher price, he would have tried for $250-300, not $500. He told me he'd raise the price if he had to, and I suggested that he should, in view of the skepticism I've already seen. So the price is going up to $700. Does that satisfy you guys? I hope so, because I'm going to continue to stand up for vapenow if necessary, and it's not my idea of fun.

max,

lwien

max said:
I really find it odd that even he wasn't informed on what was going to happen here.
That's because you're making assumptions. One lesson I learned long ago-never try to figure out other peoples' relationships. ;)
See post #527 above Max. According to that post, Tom didn't have a clue about this.

Ya know, I've always backed everything that has anything to do with the PD's, including VapeNow, but all this still seems kinda odd to me. Somethin's just not making any sense.

lwien,

max

Out to lunch
See post #527 above Max. According to that post, Tom didn't have a clue about this.
I was perfectly aware of that when I posted. Again, why do you assume that Tom knows everything about vapenow's maketing of the PD, or wants to know? I already stated that I know for a fact that there's stuff he doesn't want to know.

max,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Max is right in the sense that this is really none of our business but certainly since this is the loose knit "PD family" this is an issue of extreme curiosity. We should defer judgment.

jeffp,

highendvapes

Manufacturer
$700 :mad: shoulda jumped at $500 :lol: no really, anyone wanna trade their cano for my pd? :lol:

highendvapes,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I appreciate the updated info!!
I'm perfectly content to wait my turn in line, thank you!
:D
:peace:

Lo,

lwien

jeffp said:
Max is right in the sense that this is really none of our business but certainly since this is the loose knit "PD family" this is an issue of extreme curiosity. We should defer judgment.
Achhh.........I've always callled like I see it. The good, the bad and the ugly. It may not be any of our business but so what? It's still kinda of an interesting state of affairs, no?

But beyond this, I just hope that Toms surgery went well.

lwien,

josh

Glad I waited to make a judgment on the issue. Yesterday when I first saw this I was concerned, but now the listing on Amazon makes sense. And yes, going from $500 to $700 is better. Of course, a heads-up would have worked just as well, but i'm just the consumer. What do I know? Either way as long as my wait time isn't negatively affected by this Amazon deal then I am all for it. Good luck to VapeNow and Tom and Pammy. We all just need to have a little patience and understanding.

josh,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom