Purple-Days availability

Status
Not open for further replies.

owin

max said:
I am so fucking happy about my PD right now.
I've been fucking happy for over a year now. This week I've been trying out a loaner DBV. Vaped a couple of small bowls with it last night and then found myself loading up the PD again-can't help it. Just suits me. :)
Yeah I actually feel bad about not using my DBV much anymore. It's the vape that got me hooked on vaping. I love it but since money is tight for me right now I find it hard to justify using it over the PD.

owin,

Durden

I am Jack's title
I'm confused as to what exactly you think we are trying to get out of making those comments that make them sycophantic.

I personally don't even care if the PD works for me or not. If it does, I'll be very happy. If it doesn't, then I know plenty of people who would be willing to give it a home.

Edit: I've gotten 3 confirmation emails from USPS so far, but nothing shows on track and confirm, I guess that's why we all love the post office? :rolleyes:

Durden,

elluchador13

just registered for this thread. i'm order 1962 and i did not receive a delivery email. guess the cut off is somewhere between 1956 and 1961.

elluchador13,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
TylerDurden said:
Edit: I've gotten 3 confirmation emails from USPS so far, but nothing shows on track and confirm, I guess that's why we all love the post office? :rolleyes:
Every time I use the usps tracking system the shipment doesn't show up for tracking until it is out for delivery that day. That may be partly because it is only in transit for 2 days.

stickstones,

max

Out to lunch
elluchador13 said:
just registered for this thread. i'm order 1962 and i did not receive a delivery email. guess the cut off is somewhere between 1956 and 1961.
Welcome elluchador. Good info for your first post. :tup:

TylerDurden said:
I've gotten 3 confirmation emails from USPS so far, but nothing shows on track and confirm, I guess that's why we all love the post office?
You definitely get better tracking from UPS, but for small packages, it comes at a price.

max,

Purple-Days

What people are calling 'tracking' is the USPS Delivery Confirmation. It is not really 'tracking' such as UPS gives you. UPS tracking will let you know as the package moves from depot to depot. Nice. But, UPS Ground can take 7-10 days, plenty of time to post all those little stops it makes, and keep you informed about it's snail-like progress...

The USPS Delivery Confirmation is just what it says. Delivery Confirmation, it will tell you your package has been delivered. And since the package is in transit for about 48 hours (depot to depot) there isn't much to tell really. Hey, it left somewhere (notice from sender), then it got delivered somewhere (delivery confirmation). Not much else is promised, so expecting more is a bit :rolleyes: .

We have used the post office to deliver many packages, from a few blocks to the other end of the world. None have been lost. Almost all have arrived on time. It's time somebody stood up and said, "Good job !".

USPS is as reliable as UPS IMExperience. Faster than UPS IME. Cheaper than UPS IME. The US Postal Service is an easy target, because they are not able to defend themselves, and everyone seems to accept that they do a horrible job. They Don't.

It hardly seems fair to say, "USPS tracking is horrible" when it is not really tracking info at all. Just delivery confirmation info. It's fun to bitch about them, but in the end they do an incredible job. :2c:

BTW we love UPS too. 95% of our materials are delivered by them and we look forward to their friendly drivers. Not so sure the drivers like Purple-Days, with the heavy wood slabs and long tubes of steel... but that's what they are best at. For small stuff USPS, big stuff UPS.

Purple-Days,

owin

I stand by my statement. Their tracking/delivery confirmation is not very good. I've had times where the track and confirm page never changed and I received my package. Never ahd that problem with UPS or FedEx but USPS is generally faster. I don't see how the USPS can't track packages like UPS or Fedex does. Too many packages? I don't know. If the USPS tracking works great for you then that's awesome but I think it leaves a lot to be desired and the technology is there so I don't get why the use such an outdated service. Either way it doesn't really matter as long as I get my package. And by the way I wasn't bitching I was stating my opinion. Is that not allowed?

Moral of the story USPS is faster delivery, cheaper, and more reliable but have an inferior tracking system.

Edit: I just went back and looked at an old USPS tracking I have and how is it different than UPS? It tracked every place that it stopped it was just hours late.

owin,

vapesalot

My USPS status has been "Electronic Shipping Info Received" since Tuesday. Also says:

'The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on June 16, 2009 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later. '

If i'm hearing you all correctly, this does NOT mean that it's still sitting at VapeNow - right?

LOL - Tom - You crack me up - I thought it was funny that you were so considerate to post responses regarding VapeNow's ordering mechanism (before the waitlist) and now you're being considerate to explain how USPS shipping works.....:lol: These PD's have now passed hands a few times (from you, to USPS, to VapeNow, finally to USPS a last time) and you still decide to care.

My question to you - Are you just generally this nice, or is it really, really good weed (which of course lasts forever in the PD :lol:)

PS - this is not ass kissing. I am not making any comments about the product, I will be happy to make my comments in the appropriate thread once I receive my first PD. I am making comments about Tom. I've been around long enough to realize that when someone takes the road FAR less traveled, they deserve to be commended for it, and after reading all of the threads I would fight strongly on the side of Tom, even if I ever disagree with him - He's proved himself over and over again throughout these threads.

vapesalot,

Rebus Canebus

All ass kissing aside, it's just nice to know someone actually cares. As far as shippers go, from my experience at our office, USPS is as good as the rest these days. At one time Fed-Ex was the cats pajamas. Things started to change with the high fuel prices forcing the shippers to consolidate and cut costs. The worst I have seen lately is Dell shipping with DHL due to contract fulfillment. Since DHL is no longer doing business in NA they contract with other carriers including USPS to fulfill their contract commitments. I watched one shipment go East a couple of times before eventually heading West. All in all, the 3 big shippers do a pretty amazing job moving packages expediently. Looks like I have the highest number I have seen posted so far # 2035. The good news is, it looks like the pipeline is flowing faster than I had originally anticipated. I also feel rather lucky that I stumbled upon FC when I did, otherwise I wouldn't of known that the PD existed. Knowledge is power! Thanks to the members here for sharing that knowledge. :)

Rebus Canebus,

max

Out to lunch
I also feel rather lucky that I stumbled upon FC when I did, otherwise I wouldn't of known that the PD existed.
It has gotten exposure on some other forums, but FC is the HQ. ;)

max,

owin

Need to hand out fc business cards. i always tell people to go look at the site when they don't believe the shit i say about vaping.

owin,

Purple-Days

Didn't think it was bitchin', Owin. Just wanted to stand up and applaud the Postal folks for once. They don't get a lot of credit sometimes. And also to explain that 'tracking' and 'delivery confirmation' are different. :)

Purple-Days,

vapesalot

Sorry to ask again, I think it might have gotten lost up there so I wanted to ask it again....

Even though my status is still "Electronic Shipping Info Received" since Tuesday, and VapeNow status changed to shipped, is my PD likely on it's way? Thanks everyone - you're all fantastic.

vapesalot,

lwien

vapesalot said:
Even though my status is still "Electronic Shipping Info Received" since Tuesday, and VapeNow status changed to shipped, is my PD likely on it's way?
Yes.

lwien,

hub

vapesalot said:
Sorry to ask again, I think it might have gotten lost up there so I wanted to ask it again....

Even though my status is still "Electronic Shipping Info Received" since Tuesday, and VapeNow status changed to shipped, is my PD likely on it's way? Thanks everyone - you're all fantastic.
I'm starting to see exactly what Tom was experiencing when he was handling these orders himself. :/

So annoying to hear the same questions over and over again when it has been asked an answered. Just wait 3 days and your PD will be on your doorstep. Tom did a great job of explaining in detail that the USPS provides delivery confirmation only. Basically you get a message at creation and then one at delivery, and only on occasion as the package is scanned at different hubs.

hub,

vapesalot

I knew I was going to get beat up. :uhoh: You're right, Hub, and I'm sorry. I thought I understand what Tom said, but wanted to confirm. I have read all of the PD threads....but one of the things about it being a vaporizer website - I'm usually using the vape while I'm reading it!

If there wasnt an active PD availability forum I would have never asked in the first place...hope i didn't annoy anyone else. But - Thanks for answering my question clearly (even though you were annoyed!)

peace!

vapesalot,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
For future reference to people that are going to post in this thread about "USPS says this...USPS says that..When? Where? How? Why?"

Cut it out! :mad: shit is getting really annoying and it was tough dealing with it in the PD thread. If it says anything at all about being confirmed to ship just expect it soon. Do you really need the exact date? jeez....people these days are antsy.

Hennessy1414,

Durden

I am Jack's title
Sorry if I started it. :/

My original statement wasn't meant to be a complaint, I just thought it was funny/annoying that I would receive multiple confirmations from them automatically but nothing was there when I went to the site manually.

Then again I get in fights with my mail lady about once a month so I'm pretty biased against the post office :lol:

Durden,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Anyone else further down the line with a confirmation?

Geeze, maybe after I get my first one i'll buy a second PD on principle, keep it in a box. Could gift it out, or sell it here if someone really needed it. Or just sit on it and use is later if the first poops out and i end up loving it so much the thought of being away from it for too long getting repaired makes me :|

IAmKrazy2,

vapesalot

It's not worth getting frustrated about though - the questions we are asking are fair. It's a thread about availability of a product, so shipping time would logically fall under the acceptable topics of this thread.

For every shipment of PDs that goes out, we're going to get the next batch of people, and I'm sure there will be a couple more antsy people in every batch. I would recommend us setting up an availability FAQ, maybe on the front page? That will be hard to miss and THEN you can really bitch people out when they ask questions (if that's your thing :lol:) Into page 13 we now have a lot of great info at our fingertips - how to procure a PD, how many on average are produced in a week, how far down in line you are, how long it will take to ship to you...This is a lot of powerful info at people's fingertips, we should probably consolidate for the next 100 people who decide they want a PD.

And, by the way, the reason I'm antsy is I have a couple friends coming in from out of town this weekend who continue to be Vaporizing non-believers. I was hoping I would have a better chance of converting them, which is why I'm excited to receive it. Assuming 3 days is correct in my situation, I may be receiving my PD at noon....fingers crossed!

vapesalot,

Durden

I am Jack's title
vapesalot said:
And, by the way, the reason I'm antsy is I have a couple friends coming in from out of town this weekend who continue to be Vaporizing non-believers. I was hoping I would have a better chance of converting them, which is why I'm excited to receive it. Assuming 3 days is correct in my situation, I may be receiving my PD at noon....fingers crossed!
I'm in the same situation, but people leave here on Monday :lol:

Durden,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom