Multi-brand Puri5 Titantic 2/Weeke Fenix

@Gibarian - I have to thank you for introducing me to the best vape I've ever used. I love the convector. I bought two more, so maybe I'm a little part of the "sold-out problem." hehe. For my 2nd order I used my points, and a 10% off coupon code that EDIT emailed me after my first purchase, and ended up getting the last two for $42, no tax, and free shipping from England, delivered in less than 48 hours!!!. If the price is increased to to EDIT's full retail price of $79 it will still be worth it. (I hope they're not reading this thread, but they probably are.)

archangelz001,
Reactions: GEED

GEED

Gaseouser
I can confirm that the main difference between E C and Fenix is only aesthetic. E C looks IMO way more stealth in mind, with glossy black letters on matte it only says "The Convector" and an EDIT logo, Fenix got white writings over saying "designed in California" and certification markings, like CE for European Conformity, crossed‐out dustbin symbol for slow people (not to bin the fuckin' thing with full of toxic stuff), RoHS (means its tested for having levels of shit below very minimal levels, no/minimal content of lead in solder for example). Extra marks only on the box: rechargeable battery recycle mark (if its dead, it can be recycled in designated places, for less mining abuse of the planet as more resources can come back from "death") ... stop here for a moment, as both Fenix and E C have the green recycle symbol on the box, which stands for Nickel cadmium batteries, which is - technically speaking - a better option, last longer, performs better, takes more abuse, safer in overall, but not what it is mentioned in the user guide (Class A lithium battery) so one of the information is wrong. Would love to hear more on this from a battery expert! Then you got and an 18+ symbol only to make you either feel guilty, or old. EC's coating is way less of a fingerprint collector, indeed have the same silky feel, but less rubbery smell, I am afraid not too resistant to abuse either. Inside I have found the very exact same construction, same (!) PCB (W501 V02 P/N:10800708 20151119.) same battery, etc. I decided making no extra video of this, as I have a way more exciting project:
-Though many -including myself- claimed no foul taste at all, in fact I have to admit, that there is a certain manufacture taste lingers ever so slightly in the mouth when pulling air through the factory original device. Not everyone will agree this I know, but connoisseurs will pick it up immediately. Of course this taste is literally nothing compared to most vapes I ever tried, and certainly non apparent after the very first few uses (or burn-offs), but my mod-project is related to this. As the airpath is physically closed, chances to determine the source is very limited, so here is, what I have done so far/about to do:

-after disassembly, I tried to clean the entire airpath. The steel tube was already clean from the inside, I stuck up some white paper cleaning stick, not one bit of dirt came out.
-this tube is connected to a plastic piece, probably glued, but the glued part is not exposed at all to inside.

-this plastic piece is lying on smoothly and firmly on a black rubber disk (which is connecting the white ceramic bottom-plug of the heater, see my previous vid. how), which does have the strongly distinguishable smell to it. This piece is pretty much what gives off this - again, very, very slight - taste to the air. I can tell by Wikiigleing things, that this is probably the rubber's curing agent, which will eventually wear out from the exposed parts, but even on first use it will not pose any risk to health at all. I have a friend who actually likes it, and would bake a torte from it :) He would also lick slugs no problem.
-There is also Kapton running around the heater, the silicone adhesive on this gives off quite some spicyness also when excess evaporates on first few uses. See my video below oh my God lol, looks so bad, worse than it actually is :)

Both this, and the rubber bit is technically locked out from the path of air, so literally WTF? How I still taste it?

:shrug:

This is how:
Below images showing tiny holes drilled into ceramic bit for wires running through to supply heater. These holes are not sealed, also the rubber disk on bottom is tight but not airtight, so lets some air in - which you may pull through the holes in tiny quantities, carrying enough flavour to be picked up.

Another source of some "false draw" is slight imperfection fitting the metal heater bit into the top closure plastic, so at the end you may pull some air from around the heater - not just from the heater. This will certainly taste from the nasty Kapton. Even though this wears off pretty fast with usage, it is not in compliance with my OCD.

Again, grab your towel and don't panic please. The whole construction is so tight, so snugly fitted
that I really wonder if I should go any further perfecting the thing.

But yes.

So, heres my project:

-I am trying to find alternative for the rubber disk, in fact I am working on to connect the steel pipe directly into the ceramic bit, completely excluding the rubber part.
-I am experimenting with stuff, like UV cured dental ceramic putty, to seal both holes around the wires.
-I am taking off most the Kapton tape, and will use a thin copper wire to keep thermistor in place. For insulating the head of the thermistor, I keep the minimum amount of Kapton required.
-I am trying to develop a method to fit the heater atomtight into that top plastic closure, so not a molecule can get through, not even quantum teleporting.

Thats it for now, cheers :borg:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Interesting. But beware, by removing the polyimide tape you might introduce problems somewhere else. I mean, it's there for a reason (insulation) and not only to hold the probe in place.

KeroZen,
Reactions: nondarb

GEED

Gaseouser
Interesting. But beware, by removing the polyimide tape you might introduce problems somewhere else. I mean, it's there for a reason (insulation) and not only to hold the probe in place.
You are right, but it isn't going to be the first time I'm doing this, my experience, that thin layer of PI does not insulate that much - if anything at all. Heres a pic of my old Imag for example (this one had a Kapton heater, which I burned out open air several times, before attached with copper wires. Thermistor worked on contact without further insulation, however I understand this could result inaccuracy. Imag still works and performs solid, gets hot on outside after minutes passed only.

In EC I understand that battery exposed to heat is the biggest concern, however I already thought of this, in fact, my ultimate solution might be to fill the entire barrel with that ceramic putty I have. This would eliminate all problems above in one step, also preserve more heat.. Warranty for one lost haha :D

GEED,
Reactions: KeroZen

baxter84

I received my convector last week and used it heavily over the weekend. For the $ it's great. It can provide whispy vapor on the lower levels but also make me cough if I rip it well. It works well every time and I don't have a problem with the mouthpiece like some do, although I ordered a glass mouthpiece anyways. I also took a suggestion from here about using the arizer top hat screens also and they do work well. You can use them either way, either the top part pushing down on the green or with the top part up away from the green, just depends on how much you want to fill it up.
My gf even prefers the convector to my pax 2 or my ff2.

Mrbrown81k

I received my convector last week and used it heavily over the weekend. For the $ it's great. It can provide whispy vapor on the lower levels but also make me cough if I rip it well. It works well every time and I don't have a problem with the mouthpiece like some do, although I ordered a glass mouthpiece anyways. I also took a suggestion from here about using the arizer top hat screens also and they do work well. You can use them either way, either the top part pushing down on the green or with the top part up away from the green, just depends on how much you want to fill it up.
My gf even prefers the convector to my pax 2 or my ff2.
Where do you get the glass mouthpiece?

Mrbrown81k,

YaFreekin Right

Can anyone with a Crafty check if the stock mouthpieces fit into the convector? The stock mouthpiece fell out twice this weekend , the 2nd time it went into the ocean never to be seen again.

I think I'd prefer the plastic ones over the glass unless it holds it in there really tight.

@baxter84 What site did you order it from?

Last edited:
YaFreekin Right,

Spelaeus

Does the arizer screen solve the issue with herb clogging the mouthpiece screen after a few draws? So far that's my only complaint about this device.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
What do you mean by 'wrong'?

bass-playing.jpg

KeroZen,

Ravachol

Does the arizer screen solve the issue with herb clogging the mouthpiece screen after a few draws? So far that's my only complaint about this device.
It's easy to clean the upper screen with a toothbrush or something similar, and it clogs after some sessions, or if you overload.

Ravachol,

YaFreekin Right

Its just the fact, that you throw plastic into the ocean. I am pretty green and conscious of my environment, also promoting it until a healthy state, no offense though :) Choose a bin next time
:myday:

I didn't throw a critical part of the vape into the water intentionally. Maybe your joking, maybe there is a language barrier...

YaFreekin Right,
Reactions: nondarb

GEED

Gaseouser
Ah sorry, must be a language thing :D I apologize, when you said
fell out twice this weekend , the 2nd time it went into the ocean never to be seen again.
I thought it went into the ocean never to be seen again, coz you got so pissed with the falling bit so chucked into the freakin' ocean, but its just dropped into,haha

Last edited:
GEED,
Maybe it's just me, then. I find my upper screen clogs with herb after the first couple draws. It's still usable, but it increases draw resistance and I'd like to avoid it if I can.
Maybe don't grind so find? This vape doesn't require a fine grind. I use a medium grind, and though a few bits get on the upper screen during each use, I've been using the device every day for a week now and the screen just requires a brush off with the provided tool. I think I''ll clean it tomorrow, but just because it's getting a little bit of rosin built up on it.

archangelz001,

Spelaeus

Maybe don't grind so find? This vape doesn't require a fine grind. I use a medium grind, and though a few bits get on the upper screen during each use, I've been using the device every day for a week now and the screen just requires a brush off with the provided tool. I think I''ll clean it tomorrow, but just because it's getting a little bit of rosin built up on it.
That's probably it. I was using herb that I'd previously ground for use in my mflb.

pandaphysics

While I don't find the stock screen to be a big problem, I definitely find the arizer baskets miles better. Been using the same basket fitter almost two weeks now and nothing has ever stuck or blocked draw

pandaphysics,

Povertysteak

Don't worry, I ordered this thing a while ago and I'm still waiting for it. . Ups mail innovations is so damn slow.

Povertysteak,
Top Bottom