pure CBD extraction

chant121

Sour Tsnunami is meant to be a CBD breakthrough strain.

the thing with trying to get high cbd is its quite hard to do without a lab setup with vast quantities of grade a starting materials

rigo23

I have a friend who suffers from fibromyalgia and has asked my help n using cannabis to treat it.

Patients can use heat to fractionate or separate the active ingredients in cannabis by their vaporization or boiling points. In particular for those patients that need relief from pain, inflammation, muscle spasm and or anxiety during the daytime CBD or Cannabidiol is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid that once separated from THC. CBD is a uniquely potent antioxidant that can cross the blood-brain barrier in addition to CBD�s ability to reduce anxiety, pain and inflammation outside the CNS (Central Nervous System). Interestingly, CBD is claimed in United States Patent 6,630,507, which notably has been assigned to the United States of America Dept of Health and Human Services. In particular note the definitions of Oxidative Associated Diseases for which CBD is ideally suited.

Once convinced of the utility of this non-psychoactive phyto-cannabinoid, the challenge is how to extract it from cannabis. Of the strains in this county Northern Lights has the highest CBD concentration at 1.0%. Since a pound of cannabis weighs 454 grams, there is 4.5 grams of CBD available. Another strain, White Russian has 2.0% CBD. White Russian is reportedly sensitive to mold but if compatible with your environment, it would be a 100% improvement in CBD concentration. While some might raise their eyebrows at the low amount of CBD present per pound of cannabis, it is important to know that there is 10 to 100 times more CBD per pound of cannabis than Vit C per pound of fresh oranges, for oranges 3 months old it would require 20 to 200 times as much raw material to produce an equivalent 500 mg daily dose.

An article in The Journal of Autoimmunity showed that at particular mouse strain that develops diabetes 86% of the time and is the animal model on which oral and injectable anti-diabetic medications are tested, when given 5 mg/kg body weight per day, 60% DID NOT GO ON TO DEVELOP DIABETES. This would have to be the greatest demonstration of an �ounce� of prevention is worth a pound of cure. There was poster presented at the International Cannabinoid Research Society meeting this last summer that used a dose of 10 mg/ kg which would be equivalent to 1,000 mg / day for 190 pound patient.

Specifically, since Delta 9 THC vaporizes at 157 degrees centigrade and CBD vaporizes at 188 degrees centigrade, this difference can be used to separate these components. Given the predominance of THC (94% of all cannabinoids present) it is necessary to lower the THC content before collecting the CBD or the level of intoxication is so prohibitive as to prevent access to an adequate amount of CBD. The most efficient approach is to use a variable temperature heat gun. This can be calibrated the heat gun to 166 degree centigrade with the Fluke Digital Thermometer available in the waiting room. At this temperature THC is converted into a vapor and removed. Now you have pre-heated low THC cannabis which can be placed in a collection vaporizer such as a Volcano set at the 6 position or if you have a digital at 190 degrees centigrade to convert CBD from a liquid to a vapor. If there is too much residual THC effect you can raise the preheat temperature to 176 degrees centigrade because a few strains do have some Delta 8 THC, which vaporizes at 175 degrees compared to Delta 9, which vaporizes at 157 degrees centigrade. Please note that I carry a Fluke digital thermometer with which you can calibrate your variable temperature heat gun.

Alternatively the high CBD cannabis created by stripping out the THC can be used by any means if you do have access to a collecting vaporizer. The amount of THC removed is a function of how finely the cannabis was ground to increase the surface area and how long it is heated. It requires a shift in thinking in that there can be powerful medical benefits without the familiar THC effect, for many older patients this can be comforting information. Once again to develop an appreciation for the breadth of medical utility attributed to CBD please review the patent currently held by the United States a copy of which is available at www.LeavesOf Grass.info.

157 C = 315 F, 175 C = 349 F, 190 C = 374 F It appears that if one person wanted the THC effect, and another just wanted the CBD, they could both get what they want from the same vaping by adjusting the temperature! The THC lover goes first, then a 2nd higher temperature session for the CBD patient! -Rigo23 found this online hope it helps point you in right direction if your not already there by now.

rigo23

I found an interesting PDF that I believe you will find usefull titled "Fractioning The Phytocannaboids By Their Vaporization Points." The most intersting thing I got from the article is that the US Government (Yes the US Government) owns a patent on CBD. WTF is wrong with our government...here is the abstract to the US government's patent which I will link to at the bottom of my post:

"Cannabinoids have been found to have antioxidant properties, unrelated to NMDA receptor antagonism. This new found property makes cannabinoids useful in the treatment and prophylaxis of wide variety of oxidation associated diseases, such as ischemic, age-related, inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. The cannabinoids are found to have particular application as neuroprotectants, for example in limiting neurological damage following ischemic insults, such as stroke and trauma, or in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and HIV dementia. Nonpsychoactive cannabinoids, such as cannabidoil, are particularly advantageous to use because they avoid toxicity that is encountered with psychoactive cannabinoids at high doses useful in the method of the present invention. A particular disclosed class of cannabinoids useful as neuroprotective antioxidants is formula (I) wherein the R group is independently selected from the group consisting of H, CH.sub.3, and COCH.sub.3. ##STR1##"

I am so mad just reading this...but I digress back to the topic, here is the contents of the PDF I found:

ACCESSING 0.5 to 2.0 GRAMS CBD
FRACTIONATING THE PHYTOCANNABINOIDS BY THEIR VAPORIZATION POINTS
Patients can use heat to fractionate or separate the active ingredients in cannabis by their vaporization or boiling points. In particular for those patients that need relief from pain, inflammation, muscle spasm and or anxiety during the daytime CBD or Cannabidiol is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid that once separated from THC.CBD is a uniquely potent antioxidant that can cross the blood-brain barrier in addition to CBD’s ability to reduce anxiety, pain and inflammation outside the CNS (Central Nervous System). Interestingly, CBD is claimed in
United States Patent 6,630,507, which notably has been assigned to the United States of America Dept of Health and Human Services. In particular note the definitions of Oxidative Associated Diseases for which CBD is ideally suited. Once convinced of the utility of this non-psychoactive phyto-cannabinoid, the challenge is how to extract it from cannabis. Of the strains in this county Northern Lights has the highest CBD concentration at
1.0%. Since a pound of cannabis weighs 454 grams, there is 4.5 grams of CBD available. Another strain, White Russian has 2.0% CBD. White Russian is reportedly sensitive to mold but if compatible with your environment, it would be a 100% improvement in CBD concentration. While some might raise their eyebrows at the low amount of CBD present per pound of cannabis, it is important to know that there is 10 to 100 times more CBD
per pound of cannabis than Vit C per pound of fresh oranges, for oranges 3 months old it would require 20 to 200 times as much raw material to produce an equivalent 500 mg daily dose.

An article in The Journal of Autoimmunity showed that at particular mouse strain that develops diabetes 86% of the time and is the animal model on which oral and injectable anti-diabetic medications are tested, when given 5mg/kg body weight per day, 60% DID NOT GO ON TO DEVELOP DIABETES. This would have to be the greatest demonstration of an ‘ounce’ of prevention is worth a pound of cure. There was poster presented at the International Cannabinoid Research Society meeting this last summer that used a dose of 10 mg/ kg which
would be equivalent to 1,000 mg / day for 190 pound patient.

Specifically, since Delta 9 THC vaporizes at 157 degrees centigrade and CBD vaporizes at 188 degrees centigrade, this difference can be used to separate these components. Given the predominance of THC (94% of all cannabinoids present) it is necessary to lower the THC content before collecting the CBD or the level of intoxication is so prohibitive as to prevent access to an adequate amount of CBD. The most efficient approach is to use a variable temperature heat gun. This can be calibrated the heat gun to 166 degree centigrade with the
Fluke Digital Thermometer available in the waiting room. At this temperature THC is converted into a vapor and removed. Now you have pre-heated low THC cannabis which can be placed in a collection vaporizer such as a Volcano set at the 6 position or if you have a digital at 190 degrees centigrade to convert CBD from a liquid to a vapor. If there is too much residual THC effect you can raise the preheat temperature to 176 degrees centigrade because a few strains do have some Delta 8 THC, which vaporizes at 175 degrees compared to Delta
9, which vaporizes at 157 degrees centigrade. Please note that I carry a Fluke digital thermometer with which you can calibrate your variable temperature heat gun.

Alternatively the high CBD cannabis created by stripping out the THC can be used by any means if you do have access to a collecting vaporizer. The amount of THC removed is a function of how finely the cannabis was ground to increase the surface area and how long it is heated. It requires a shift in thinking in that there can be powerful medical benefits without the familiar THC effect, for many older patients this can be comforting information. Once again to develop an appreciation for the breadth of medical utility attributed to CBD please
review the patent currently held by the United States a copy of which is available at www.LeavesOf Grass.info.

Anyways hope this helps here are the links I promised:

US Government Patent for CBD: http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL&p=1&u=/netahtml/PTO/srchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=6630507.PN.&OS=PN/6630507&RS=PN/6630507

PDF File on CDB Extraction: http://cannabisinternational.org/info/Fractionating-Cannabinoids.pdf

PS. I am so fucking mad right now, how can the US government hold a patent which acknowledges all the medicinal benefits of marijuana yet still consider it a schedule 1 drug with no medicinal benefits...makes no sense unless they hold the patent simply to prevent research into a wonderful plant.
The THC in marijuana is a scheduled 1 drug. CBD is not listed as a scheduled 1 under Federal Law since 2010. The United States government successfully filed a patent for CBDs as antioxidants and neuroprotectants that was granted on October 7, 2003. Cannabidiol, the most specific non-psycho active, beneficial compound had originally been listed in the Federal Register (7372) as a Schedule 1 drug or substance but was notably absent from the list in a Code of Federal Regulations change since April 1, 2010. Some of the benefits stated in the government's patent brief included cannabinoids having antioxidant properties and being useful in treating autoimmune disorders, stroke, Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and HIV. Medical Marijuana Inc. (Pinksheets:MJNA - News) and CannaBANK™, in association with SkinAgain® (www.skinagain.com), a Carlsbad, CA-based cosmeceutical firm, are proud to announce a patent filed for extracting cannabinoids (CBD) from cannabis. <---This is the company helping to research and make product.

The Gov probably released it off the list so they could corner the market on it and keep making the millions that they do while holding us in a choke hold with their left hand.

Last edited by a moderator:

Campers Crumpet

What has been seen can not be unseen :|
This is excellent
Patients can use heat to fractionate or separate the active ingredients in cannabis by their vaporization or boiling points. In particular for those patients that need relief from pain, inflammation, muscle spasm and or anxiety during the daytime CBD or Cannabidiol is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid that once separated from THC. CBD is a uniquely potent antioxidant that can cross the blood-brain barrier in addition to CBD�s ability to reduce anxiety, pain and inflammation outside the CNS (Central Nervous System). Interestingly, CBD is claimed in United States Patent 6,630,507, which notably has been assigned to the United States of America Dept of Health and Human Services. In particular note the definitions of Oxidative Associated Diseases for which CBD is ideally suited.

Once convinced of the utility of this non-psychoactive phyto-cannabinoid, the challenge is how to extract it from cannabis. Of the strains in this county Northern Lights has the highest CBD concentration at 1.0%. Since a pound of cannabis weighs 454 grams, there is 4.5 grams of CBD available. Another strain, White Russian has 2.0% CBD. White Russian is reportedly sensitive to mold but if compatible with your environment, it would be a 100% improvement in CBD concentration. While some might raise their eyebrows at the low amount of CBD present per pound of cannabis, it is important to know that there is 10 to 100 times more CBD per pound of cannabis than Vit C per pound of fresh oranges, for oranges 3 months old it would require 20 to 200 times as much raw material to produce an equivalent 500 mg daily dose.

An article in The Journal of Autoimmunity showed that at particular mouse strain that develops diabetes 86% of the time and is the animal model on which oral and injectable anti-diabetic medications are tested, when given 5 mg/kg body weight per day, 60% DID NOT GO ON TO DEVELOP DIABETES. This would have to be the greatest demonstration of an �ounce� of prevention is worth a pound of cure. There was poster presented at the International Cannabinoid Research Society meeting this last summer that used a dose of 10 mg/ kg which would be equivalent to 1,000 mg / day for 190 pound patient.

Specifically, since Delta 9 THC vaporizes at 157 degrees centigrade and CBD vaporizes at 188 degrees centigrade, this difference can be used to separate these components. Given the predominance of THC (94% of all cannabinoids present) it is necessary to lower the THC content before collecting the CBD or the level of intoxication is so prohibitive as to prevent access to an adequate amount of CBD. The most efficient approach is to use a variable temperature heat gun. This can be calibrated the heat gun to 166 degree centigrade with the Fluke Digital Thermometer available in the waiting room. At this temperature THC is converted into a vapor and removed. Now you have pre-heated low THC cannabis which can be placed in a collection vaporizer such as a Volcano set at the 6 position or if you have a digital at 190 degrees centigrade to convert CBD from a liquid to a vapor. If there is too much residual THC effect you can raise the preheat temperature to 176 degrees centigrade because a few strains do have some Delta 8 THC, which vaporizes at 175 degrees compared to Delta 9, which vaporizes at 157 degrees centigrade. Please note that I carry a Fluke digital thermometer with which you can calibrate your variable temperature heat gun.

Alternatively the high CBD cannabis created by stripping out the THC can be used by any means if you do have access to a collecting vaporizer. The amount of THC removed is a function of how finely the cannabis was ground to increase the surface area and how long it is heated. It requires a shift in thinking in that there can be powerful medical benefits without the familiar THC effect, for many older patients this can be comforting information. Once again to develop an appreciation for the breadth of medical utility attributed to CBD please review the patent currently held by the United States a copy of which is available at www.LeavesOf Grass.info.

157 C = 315 F, 175 C = 349 F, 190 C = 374 F It appears that if one person wanted the THC effect, and another just wanted the CBD, they could both get what they want from the same vaping by adjusting the temperature! The THC lover goes first, then a 2nd higher temperature session for the CBD patient! -Rigo23 found this online hope it helps point you in right direction if your not already there b

Does anyone have any info on the hemp extracted cbd drops, various brand names avail are dixie drops and a few others.
I'm just looking at gaining any info or feedback please.

Campers Crumpet

Sorry, yes it's great. But I accidentally added my post to the bottom of the first...
Here goes gain,

Does anyone have any info on the hemp extracted cbd drops, various brand names avail are dixie drops and a few others.
I'm just looking at gaining any info or feedback please.

llamaman001

Have you guys looked on ebay? They selling LEGAL hemp CBD oil. Around 9 grams for 100 or so bucks. Has anyone tried this?

llamaman001,

Campers Crumpet

Have you guys looked on ebay? They selling LEGAL hemp CBD oil. Around 9 grams for 100 or so bucks. Has anyone tried this?
Yes !!
I received some yesterday, needless to say that I was unsure if it would get pastAustralians border patrol.
I am interested in other peoples experience using this stuff.
My thoughts so far on this product is, I'm a little disappointed. Ok I did have high expectations that it would have great pain relieving properties, but it doesn't really compare to medicinal use of THC.
I had severe neck pain last night and was trying to get the pain controlled with this cbd stuff, but I ended up taking some pharmacy meds and having a little puff on the vape.

I can't post a pic of it, but the label reads...
Cannabidiol CBD drops
Active ingredient, high CBD 18%, cannabis oil! no THC, dosage one dropper daily.
CBD Cannabidiol ORGANIC CANNABIS Healing Tincture ~ HEMPOTION

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Yes !!
I received some yesterday, needless to say that I was unsure if it would get pastAustralians border patrol.
I am interested in other peoples experience using this stuff.
My thoughts so far on this product is, I'm a little disappointed. Ok I did have high expectations that it would have great pain relieving properties, but it doesn't really compare to medicinal use of THC.
I had severe neck pain last night and was trying to get the pain controlled with this cbd stuff, but I ended up taking some pharmacy meds and having a little puff on the vape.

I can't post a pic of it, but the label reads...
Cannabidiol CBD drops
Active ingredient, high CBD 18%, cannabis oil! no THC, dosage one dropper daily.
CBD Cannabidiol ORGANIC CANNABIS Healing Tincture ~ HEMPOTION
I'm not sure if even just pure CBD would be as beneficial as CBD + other cannabinoids + terpenes. Maybe it would be better off being used in conjunction with smaller-than-normal doses of cannabis? Maybe even just stack it with a really heavy indica to get some terps and THC + CBN + various other cannabinoids?

That would be a fun experiment to try. See how it works by itself. See how it works when you add a couple puffs of cannabis, not enough to get much more than a mild buzz.

Campers Crumpet

Great ideas @Quetzalcoatl, I did indeed take on board your advice and supercharged the CBD tincture.
When used in combo with a huff on the vape or opiates, my take on it is that it gives a bit more of a medicinal kick.
I'm still hoping to find more positives with the pure CBD and I would like to do more research on it. I really respect the product but don't feel drawn to use it, if that makes sense.
The product is made from industrial hemp rather than cannabis so I'm not sure how the pure CBD differs between the two plant types.

The said bottle of CBD is in the vapercave of @dorkus_molorkus (I consider myself to be like Gretal leaving a trail behind me so I know how to get home)
I'd be interested for Dorkus opinion and encourage him to be glugging more of it in the name of weird science experiments.

I'm not sure if even just pure CBD would be as beneficial as CBD + other cannabinoids + terpenes. Maybe it would be better off being used in conjunction with smaller-than-normal doses of cannabis? Maybe even just stack it with a really heavy indica to get some terps and THC + CBN + various other cannabinoids?

That would be a fun experiment to try. See how it works by itself. See how it works when you add a couple puffs of cannabis, not enough to get much more than a mild buzz.

Top Bottom