Puffco Proxy

Did my first ever dab last night in the proxy and royally screwed it up. Long story short the glass part of the ball cap was pushed down so I wasn’t getting any airflow. Took two wasted dabs for me to figure this out.

Third try was a success. I have literally nothing else to compare it to but I really enjoyed the smoothness on green and ease of use of the Proxy. I would recommend this to other beginners all day.

Also, I got a bundle that included the hot knife, and dang, I have no idea what I would’ve done with this live resin otherwise.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Should it really be referred to as dabbing if you are not using a nail/banger?

As far as I am aware, dabbing is a method of vaporizing concentrates, but I'm of the understanding that the proxy is a slower, more session style of vaporizing concentrates than the all-at-once style of "dabbing". I honestly didn't think that you could dab with the proxy. I didn't think it heated like that.

Then again, I've heard of people referring to pen-vapes using rosin or resin cartridges as "dab pens", and it's always like nails on the chalkboard to my ears because there is literally NO fucking way to dab with a cartridge like that. It makes me (only inside my head, of course, because I'm really trying not to be an asshole about it to my friends) want to scream at them "that's not how this works, that's not how any of this FUCKING works!"

But whatever.......I just try to let it go these days.

Last edited:

GetLeft

Seeing some lower proxy prices out there but when you zoom on the images (when available) they all have the og double lip. Puffco must have sold off the double lip proxy to third party dealers. Only way to be sure to get an updated version atm appears to be direct through puffco at 299. A little disappointed but I'll keep hoping.

GetLeft,
Reactions: florduh

florduh

Seeing some lower proxy prices out there but when you zoom on the images (when available) they all have the og double lip. Puffco must have sold off the double lip proxy to third party dealers. Only way to be sure to get an updated version atm appears to be direct through puffco at 299. A little disappointed but I'll keep hoping.

I wonder if that would apply to the sand colored Desert version? I'm pretty sure they solved the lip issue before that model was released.

ontopofclouds

you can get the desert for closer to 200

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Zee's current 710 sale is $225 (free shipping):
It doesn't say it's the kit, but it must be..

Last edited:

florduh

Puffco completely changed their website. It looks like you can "build your own" kits now. Let's say you only want to use the Proxy with a bubbler.

BYO-_0022_Bub---blk-dsrt.png

You can get that kit for $330. So the base/puck is valued at $230.

Or... if you want an all silicone, all the time setup for $275:

BYO-_0015_Tp-deset---desert.png

Or I guess you could go straight Gandalf:

wozard.png

florduh

What a ripoff you can get an entire proxy (inc. desert single lip) with glass pipe from an authorized retailer for less than that! lol

Yeah, I don't really get it. Maybe if there's a sale, and someone really doesn't want the stock glass? They must be valuing the stock glass piece at $70. Their idea is... you can put that $70 towards another piece instead.

Like Bologna said, the retail price on the Proxy is $299. I wonder how much they're wholesaling these for if they're being sold (presumably at a profit) for under $250.

GetLeft

Zee's current 710 sale is $225 (free shipping):
It doesn't say it's the kit, but it must..
Yea the desert version on Zee's doesn't offer more than that single photo but I don't trust it. The the black version offers more views, as do other sites selling the Proxy. In the image below (from Zee's but the black version) you see the double lip style that was pointed out earlier in this thread as being less stable in the glass. I'll be picking up a third party water piece but still want the most updated, less flawed version of the device.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Yea the desert version on Zee's doesn't offer more than that single photo but I don't trust it. The the black version offers more views, as do other sites selling the Proxy. In the image below (from Zee's but the black version) you see the double lip style that was pointed out earlier in this thread as being less stable in the glass. I'll be picking up a third party water piece but still want the most updated, less flawed version of the device.

Oh, I hear ya and I'd like to be sure before I purchase, too, but as other's have said, I believe all desert versions are revised as the change was made before that model was released...? I suppose you could try emailing them? I actually asked the rep on Reddit about pricing a couple of hours ago and they responded pretty quickly, we'll see what they say about this...

Here's a link to the post I saw the Zee rep in on r/puffco in you're interested:

Reputable 3rd party to get a stock proxy for $250 or less
by u/RyanDaysBeard in puffco

Last edited:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
20% off vapes and free shipping makes a black kit (no desert available) $192.50 total including tax ($11) and route protection ($5.50) at elementvape. Cheapest I've seen yet...:

I haven't heard back from the Zee rep on Reddit yet. I'm thinking they have no idea what I'm talking about regarding versions...:rolleyes::disgust:

Last edited:

SquirrelMaster

I doubt most sites have updated their black Proxy photos, they're probably all using the original images. Earlier in the thread I recommended buying from Puffco to ensure a single lip design and then not long after I read a post (here or Discord) about someone getting a double lipped Proxy direct from Puffco. More importantly though, I would advise against buying directly from Puffco unless you're willing to wait WAY longer for it to arrive. Puffco is slow at dispatching orders and 710 will be busy. 2 weeks before they send it is common, ime.

Oh, I hear ya and I'd like to be sure before I purchase, too, but as other's have said, I believe all desert versions are revised as the change was made before that model was released...? I suppose you could try emailing them?
Yes, all Desert's are single lip design.

What a ripoff you can get an entire proxy (inc. desert single lip) with glass pipe from an authorized retailer for less than that! lol
The bundles might be good if they roll out 710 sales but I bet they'll just match other sites if anything. It's hard to find Puffco 710 sale info from past years but it seems like 15-20% off is a good number. Someone on the Discord mentioned no sale for 710 vecause if soenthing Roger said about 420 and Black Friday being bigger but, I don't know what the validity of that claim is.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I am subscribed to Zees Smoke Shop and they always seem to have the best Puffco deals, worth doing the same if you like a Puffco bargain from a reputable seller (they also only charge US$25 flat rate for international shipping which I think is fair, unlike a lot of sellers that like to make money there too).:tup:
I really should stop looking...that Gandalf pipe alone makes me want a Proxy...I do love a j-hook when I can:2c:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
So the Reddit Zee rep got back to me and said ALL their Proxys, both black and desert, are the revised "single lip" version. I then asked if there were any extra discount codes available and they tossed me "Zee5", which appears to be good for about an additional 1.5% off...haha. Now I really have to decide if the Hot Knife is worth the extra $40...? My guess it's not... however, it is much cooler looking than the cheaper options out there... :hmm:

(don't worry folks, we'll get thru this. Trust me...:tup:)

Last edited:

GetLeft

Thanks everyone!

Just purchsed. 192 at Element with code 710. Not sure which version it is but I'm getting an insider bubbler from sneaky pete's to use it with and the Proxy they use in the video for that bubbler is the double lipped version so it appears that with that water piece there should be no issue :tup:

EDIT: "Thanks for contacting us at Element Vape! In regards to updated versions of products, we will generally receive the most recent batches of devices from the manufacturer, Unfortunately, if our inventory also includes any older versions, we are unable to guarantee that you will receive the updated version during the fulfillment process."

Last edited:
Top Bottom