Puffco Proxy

Vapetothegrave

Vape2thegrave
Company Rep
PXL-20231116-012012113.jpg

my release proxy is still going strong, always wins my reach test when there is hash rosin around. I have run at least 500 sessions and the chamber shows no signs of quitting!

I’m so mad they dropped bloom after I got my desert, it’s gorgeous! Proxy in the Wizard pipe is winning my daily reach lately, I just wish the battery lasted a bit longer. I inevitably end up getting blinking red mid-session a couple times a week.
Haha, I feel the same. This is why if there ever is a Proxy Pro, I will be waiting for that beautiful bloom colour!

I must agree, the proxy death blink right in the middle of a good dab just kills your mood :bang:

SquirrelMaster

If I was more secure in my masculinity I'd grab the Bloom color, lol. It really is the best looking one they've done. Maybe they'll do an equally good looking drop next time but make it for the fellas? I dunno what that would even look like. Camo or something?

I keep looking at glass but nothing really catches my eye. My ideal attachment would be some sort of wood pipe but with a glass or ceramic vapor path.
Oh yeah, I definitely don't care haha. It's fucking hot as hell imo. That chrome lip looks great. I want to pair it with my dragon (page 17) or get a piece in a similar color, maybe a cropal. Purples in glass are so vibrant and the desert goes well, but the bloom would be chef's kiss.

florduh

Yeah, I don't really get it. This can't go over the original silicone housing. So you have to damage your Proxy to fit it on?

It's funny, because I literally wondered what color drop they'd do after purple. And hoped it would be some sort of seafoam green.

In any case, I barely trust the silicone Puffco puts out. Trusting the silicone coming out of a no name Chinese company is a bridge too far for me. Even if it's using the same exact factory as Puffco.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Yeah, I don't really get it. This can't go over the original silicone housing.
I thought the silicone would be easily swapped similar to removing the silicon from a Peak Pro when deep cleaning.

LesPlenty,

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
It happened! I managed to defy the urges to buy the beautiful special edition lotus, then vapefiend had a 20% off deal on the proxy, plus I also get an extra 10% from them from an antiquated membership offer. So, at almost a third off I couldn't resist. A desert one is on its way soon.

budweis

Comfortably Numb
It happened! I managed to defy the urges to buy the beautiful special edition lotus, then vapefiend had a 20% off deal on the proxy, plus I also get an extra 10% from them from an antiquated membership offer. So, at almost a third off I couldn't resist. A desert one is on its way soon.
Funny, same story here man. Already had lotus in the cart but managed to restrain myself. Reading this thread made me realize it would be the perfect addition to my collection.

Also, the form factor looks cool to me. Must have something to do with the fact my dad used to smoke pipe when I was young. Patterns.

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
Any tips to avoid coughing with the stock pipe? I love my proxy but after the first hit or 2 on green it gets really harsh and I start coughing. Small sips seem to help but I very well might need to just get a bubbler.

Any tips to avoid coughing with the stock pipe? I love my proxy but after the first hit or 2 on green it gets really harsh and I start coughing. Small sips seem to help but I very well might need to just get a bubbler.

Smaller dabs maybe. I tend to cough more when I load too much and it takes too many hits to finish. Lately I’ve been trying to keep the dabs as small as possible and I can finish it in a few hits on red.

Also, if you haven’t already, turn the Proxy inside the pipe so the hole is facing away from you. It definitely improves cooling noticeably.

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
Smaller dabs maybe. I tend to cough more when I load too much and it takes too many hits to finish. Lately I’ve been trying to keep the dabs as small as possible and I can finish it in a few hits on red.
Sounds good, been sticking with a single dab about the size of a fat grain of rice, but can definitely go smaller. Definitely not an experienced dabber 🙃

Also, if you haven’t already, turn the Proxy inside the pipe so the hole is facing away from you. It definitely improves cooling noticeably.
Agreed, that’s pretty much the only way I use it now, works beautifully!

Edit: yep, I was overloading it 🤦‍♀️. Tried half the amount I was using before and minimal coughing on red.

Last edited:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
This looks like it might be "worth" a shot maybe....?:
Remember, I never ended up getting one of these friggin' things soooooo, just trying to be nice and somewhat empathetic here, believe it or not, and basically thinking out loud in text (and the fact that I went with a different product and only do, and have ever really done, real DABS....:brow::razz:;):nod::rockon:)

Some other decent Proxy stuff here maybe...? and also remember, if it's not on sale, you can probably get at least another 10% off or more and "free" under $50 shipping.... just "work" the automated chat monkey....:tup::peace::
Edit:
For you (u$) older folk, I'm ba$ically thi$ dude when it come$ to Puffco product$:
maxresdefault.jpg

" I know NOTHING....!" (ha, he looks kinda baaaKed)

Last edited:

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
For what it's worth, I'm preferring the ball cap to either the occulus or joystick. The jstick is fun with modifiable restriction, is more secure and less likely to break. But I find the ball cap a better experience for me. No gems.

And I bought the man purse as I had a bday and wanted nothing other than something to open on the day.
I wouldn't pay full retail (same with all puffco imo) but I got it for €50. Its pretty handy. For someone who is out and about it would be really useful.
I can get my pp in its travel suit, hot knife, plenty of cotton buds and jars of concentrate and in the main compartment I can easily fit my tinymight and a revolve etc.
Happy bf

Texus

Sounds good, been sticking with a single dab about the size of a fat grain of rice, but can definitely go smaller. Definitely not an experienced dabber 🙃

Agreed, that’s pretty much the only way I use it now, works beautifully!

Edit: yep, I was overloading it 🤦‍♀️. Tried half the amount I was using before and minimal coughing on red.
Good to hear. I was a bit surprised by your first comment, since I have generally been surprised how little I cough hitting the Proxy dry. Is it hitting quite as hard as my dab rig with a banger? No, but still very satisfying hits and effects. Sometimes also nice to have hits that aren't sooooooo strong. Just fits a really nice niche for me.

Clapped_r6

My tip for a bigger rip:
3mm pearl, load a rice grain or so,
Start on green. Gently roll pearl around the sides while heating, get some heat into it. Take 2 small pulls when ready, then double click to ramp temp up to finish. Almost no waste, and the smaller sips get the terps out of the way for the 3 or 4 bigger pulls when temp stepping.

Rosin I only go blue, green scorches it

Texus

My tip for a bigger rip:
3mm pearl, load a rice grain or so,
Start on green. Gently roll pearl around the sides while heating, get some heat into it. Take 2 small pulls when ready, then double click to ramp temp up to finish. Almost no waste, and the smaller sips get the terps out of the way for the 3 or 4 bigger pulls when temp stepping.

Rosin I only go blue, green scorches it
That's some solid technique. I keep coming back to a single 3mm pearl. And included oculus cap is my fave over a Paulson and Proxy ball cap. Or

Gnome34

Received a brown proxy and some accessories yesterday and have put about 20 dabs through so far.

A lot of just testing and experimenting. I ordered the travel pack with the glass ball cap, the joystick, and a spinner core insert (from Zees for like $40 ish). I have only used blue and green settings for the same material during this time. I don't like hot dabs, prefer cold starts.

I have a 3 mm ruby/pearl. I haven't found much of a difference with or without the ruby. Can't really hear it spin no matter the carb cap so I'm not sure on this aspect.

Much to my surprise I'm finding I like the stock setup the best, no pearl.

The other options introduced too much airflow for my liking, and seemed harsher on the throat. Vapor production seemed similar but I really should've spaced out my intake while comparing results!

Further testing required. I really love the handfeel and design of this thing. It's crazy how small it actually is. I'm a fan so far, just trying to dial it in!

GetLeft

I think I've purused the thread enough not to see complaints about a Proxy just pooping out. Went to use mine the other day and it was dead (three red blinks). Charged a few hrs., same thing. Charged over night, same thing. Charged again over night with a different cable, same thing. Sent in the warranty claim but figured I'd ask here if anyone knows of this happening and what came of the issue?

floribud

Got Proxy a couple weeks ago. Been enjoy 710 and MPX more than I ever new. The Proxy is so easy, and so flavorful. Ceramic bowl is just as clean as when I got it, but I'm pretty religious about my q-tip usuage. This setup is surprisingly well balanced. Had my inception stem sitting around and not getting much use, these work a little better than the stock pipe piece.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I finally got the chance to use someone else's Proxy. I have one that has been used about 20-30 times since I got it, I almost never use it because using concentrate on a mighty pad was better. My partner brought it home from a trip to the states as a gift. I wanted it to be better than it was, so much so that I kept coming back and using it until the charge ran out (3-5 bowls on red) and then just put it aside for... months... as the time it would take to charge plus the very few uses when it charged... it just wasn't worth it & as it was my 5th attempt at e-rigs I stopped looking at e-rigs all together.

The proxy I borrowed does about 9-10 bowls on red on a charge, its heats faster and the boost seems to work differently, it charges faster, it sits in the glass pieces better, all in all its a much better experience... not willing to buy another proxy, but I see that mine was crap and I probably should have tried and contacted someone about it at the time. I think I am willing to give the Peak Pro v2 the time of day now...

GetLeft

Yea ok ok I'm a dumb a**. Although to my credit I did try to turn the chamber out and it wouldn't come easily so I didn't force things. Finally watched a video, pulled up my sleeves, gave a good twist and got it out. Loads of golden goop under there. Cleaned it all up and now it's charging. Wonder how the puffco warranty people will respond to my claim 😆

Top Bottom