Puffco Proxy

Couldn’t resist any longer and upgraded to the 3dXL on my pro. Damn.

I too like, really like the proxy, but damn. The 3dXL on the pro is a different level. A more elevated one at that lol.

I’m sure we’ll see updates like this to the the proxy in the future.

Is the XL chamber better even if you’re still doing relatively small dabs? A typical dab size for me is like .03-.05g. Can you crush a dab that size in a single rip?

GetLeft

The 3dXL on the pro is a different level.
If my lungs could handle bigger hits I'd I'd go for this for sure.
I’m sure we’ll see updates like this to the the proxy in the future.
Looking forward to it.

While it seems logical that the market would lead to the appearance of devices shooting to compete with the Proxy, which allows for a 'gentler and kinder' style of concentrate experience, who knows? Maybe that niche isn't really there.

The Cricket from what I see here is a great device. But for me it's in the same class as a dab pen due to the short vapor path, which I don't deal well with. As goofy as the Proxy glass pipe is, it provides a vapor path which mellows the vapor significantly. If I need greater diffusion, I set the Proxy on a bubbler.

Smknbud

If my lungs could handle bigger hits I'd I'd go for this for sure.

Looking forward to it.

While it seems logical that the market would lead to the appearance of devices shooting to compete with the Proxy, which allows for a 'gentler and kinder' style of concentrate experience, who knows? Maybe that niche isn't really there.

The Cricket from what I see here is a great device. But for me it's in the same class as a dab pen due to the short vapor path, which I don't deal well with. As goofy as the Proxy glass pipe is, it provides a vapor path which mellows the vapor significantly. If I need greater diffusion, I set the Proxy on a bubbler.

I like the Proxy for it's modular approach. I think it appeals to many, myself included, and why I own one. It's definitely has a laid back attitude about it.

The Pro just has some advantages over the Proxy, the biggest for me being the app for customization. I'm into live rosin concentrates and prefer lower temp's. With my Pro and 3DXL chamber I can set it to my desired 425 F with cloud control at XL and with the Proxy I'm limited to blue (505 F) as the lowest temp.

As for the Cricket, and I don't know what voodoo magic it uses despite its short vapor path, but I use it at 425 to 450 F with bb size dabs, same size as I use in Pro and Proxy, and it's actually feels less harsh than either of those two. Defies logic I know.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
As for the Cricket, and I don't know what voodoo magic it uses despite its short vapor path, but I use it at 425 to 450 F with bb size dabs, same size as I use in Pro and Proxy, and it's actually feels less harsh than either of those two. Defies logic I know.

That's because the Cricket uses convection cooling.

I've been showing off convection (air) cooled concepts on here for a few years (such as my QU4D CORE stem for Dynavap) but it's hard for people to understand the benefits because most expect to need dimples, beads, and twisties for cooling. Convection cooling isn't ideal for every type of vape but for conduction stuff it definitely has potential.

AssistedLiving

've been showing off convection (air) cooled concepts on here for a few years (such as my QU4D CORE stem for Dynavap) but it's hard for people to understand the benefits because most expect to need dimples, beads, and twisties for cooling. Convection cooling isn't ideal for every type of vape but for conduction stuff it definitely has potential.

I don't know if it's the same principle, when I received my portable the vapor was very hot,
using a longer glass tube with a thicker wall cooled the vapor considerably

florduh

Puffco released a special edition for people who were interested in their little hash purse.

Screenshot_2023-09-25_at_10.34.09_AM.png

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
I’ll admit I can’t see myself using that color. But I’ll also admit it’s the best looking Proxy so far.
Yeah, could see that. A silvery pearl colour would probably be more generally popular but I’m glad that lilac is an option since you don’t normally see that in the vape space.

Edit: Oh hey, they’re already selling a matching bub, joystick cap and travel pack too!

Last edited:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Just ran across this on Temu for those interested... seems cheap enough to maybe check out for an around the town beater/disposable..?:
09d20d62e92c31e663286b2ab69f08a4.jpg

There's a non-fuction vid on the site:

:peace:

Rodney

What is this like compared to a Tinymight2 for anyone who has used both? I know it takes longer to heat up but what is the hit like from flowers with this? is exact same price as TM2 here in UK.

Rodney,
What is this like compared to a Tinymight2 for anyone who has used both? I know it takes longer to heat up but what is the hit like from flowers with this? is exact same price as TM2 here in UK.

This is a concentrates only device. The flower bowl accessory Puffco sells is just a combustion bowl that fits into the glass pipe that comes with the Proxy. It is completely separate from the device itself.

SquirrelMaster

Proxy sales have started on Puffo.com and Zeevapor.com (among other sites). The black and desert Proxys have better deals than the Bloom. I don't personally get the flower bowl deal but to each their own. Vapospy has a few places with better deals as well, so don't forget about them.

I recently bought a longer sherlock pipe for my Proxys from Elevar glass auctions on IG. It's a little rough around the edges (literally, I'll post pics when I can) but I love the extended form factor compared to my other pipes (stock or aftermarket). I picked up a DHgate 14mm adapter for my Proxy early on, but I never use the thing. My Proxys are all dry hits only, and I save the wet hits for the Peak Pros as a personal preference. If you only have a Proxy, the rig adapter is a great option.

Since purchasing in April, would I buy another if my vape collection vanished? Oh yeah. I'd order a bloom tomorrow.

My Pro's see the majority of use most days, but there's usually 1 dab per day that goes in one of the Proxys. The form factor is just too good and I love dry dabs. Concentrates are dominating my vaping the last few months and Puffco has covered the majority of those dabs.

florduh

Oh yeah. I'd order a bloom tomorrow.

If I was more secure in my masculinity I'd grab the Bloom color, lol. It really is the best looking one they've done. Maybe they'll do an equally good looking drop next time but make it for the fellas? I dunno what that would even look like. Camo or something?

I keep looking at glass but nothing really catches my eye. My ideal attachment would be some sort of wood pipe but with a glass or ceramic vapor path.

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
I’m so mad they dropped bloom after I got my desert, it’s gorgeous! Proxy in the Wizard pipe is winning my daily reach lately, I just wish the battery lasted a bit longer. I inevitably end up getting blinking red mid-session a couple times a week.

Top Bottom