Puffco Peak

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
So i caved and got another quartz insert to try from RubyPearlCo figured for $20 who cares. Its a fitted opaque insert. Produces decent vapor on red probably comparable to the ceramic insert on green. Have taken a few dabs so far and there is zero chazzing. Gonna keep messing around with it. Def an improvement over the fadespace and eq inserts i tried last year (before eq was making fitted and opaque inserts)

Mynameismud,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Does anyone know if you can use a different charging brick with the Peak? (There is a reason for my question.)

Vicki,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Ok, thank you because I am in a real pickle. There is a seller here that has a Puffco Peak, and we are doing a three way trade with someone else. For some unknown reason, the Puffco Peak seller did not include a charging brick, the most important thing! LOL. I read that Puffco says not to use anything but their brick. Is that important? Could I use my iPad brick temporarily until I get a Peak brick?

Vicki,

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Ok, thank you because I am in a real pickle. There is a seller here that has a Puffco Peak, and we are doing a three way trade with someone else. For some unknown reason, the Puffco Peak seller did not include a charging brick, the most important thing! LOL. I read that Puffco says not to use anything but their brick. Is that important? Could I use my iPad brick temporarily until I get a Peak brick?

I'm sure a phone/tablet etc brick is the best substitute.

They just don't want you using cheap gas station chargers, from what I understand

muunch,
Reactions: Vicki

mmafighterthe25

So guys what you think is best hitting insert for flavor/hit size. Would it be sic, ruby, or quartz. I got mobanzai ti titanium bowl coming. Which is better for hits sic or ruby bowl?

mmafighterthe25,

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
So guys what you think is best hitting insert for flavor/hit size. Would it be sic, ruby, or quartz. I got mobanzai ti titanium bowl coming. Which is better for hits sic or ruby bowl?

Both SiC inserts I tried were a waste of money.

Ruby and sapphire inserts require 2 heat cycles to start producing vapor.

A fitted, thin bottom quartz insert has been amazing for me. I use blue/green only now and get awesome clouds/flavor.

Red and white would get way too hot for my liking.

mmafighterthe25

Both SiC inserts I tried were a waste of money.

Ruby and sapphire inserts require 2 heat cycles to start producing vapor

A fitted, thin bottom quartz insert has been amazing for me. I use blue/green only now and get awesome clouds/flavor.

Red and white would get way too hot for my liking.

What's the best quartz you found. Meaning from which company makes the best thin bottom

mmafighterthe25,

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I use an Eternal Quartz thin-bottom, personally. I do see other people that have come out with fitted quartz inserts since then, but not sure how good the quality/QC is on those.

I dropped an atomizer the other week on my tile floor when cleaning it.

The atomizer broke (the disc snapped) but my insert that was in the atomizer just bounced off the tile floor from about 3 feet. Not a scratch on it.

muunch,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I'm sure a phone/tablet etc brick is the best substitute.

They just don't want you using cheap gas station chargers, from what I understand
Im pretty sure roger has said something like using a different charging brick is fine but he mentioned that you should not use ones made for phones like the iphone one. Not sure why that is. That being said ive used my iphone plug before to charge mine, but its finicky only charges sometimes. I switched the same cable to a plug that did not come with a phone/tablet and it charges great.

What's the best quartz you found. Meaning from which company makes the best thin bottom

I just got the fitted opaque insert from rubypearlco for $20 and am really digging it. Ive tried a few non fitted regular quartz inserts and did not like them at all so pleasantly surprised. Using it on Red, flavor is great, the rosin i have tastes a lot better through the quartz, the bho i have is only slightly tastier. ive taken about 20 dabs so far and am seeing my first small black spot that wont come out with qtipping with iso but itll torch clean.

Mynameismud,
Reactions: muunch

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
@Mynameismud

interesting - I have heard him say on his lives not to use the gas station cheapo ones, but haven't heard anything about not using phone charger ones but I don't tune in daily.

I know someone asked for a Peak car charger the other day, and he kinda laughed and just said "it takes micro-usb" so really I would only worry if you're using a janky ass charger.

FWIW - I did email customer service a few months back and asked if I could use this portable 20k mAh batery pack I have to charge my Peak and they gave me canned response bs "please only use included charger" soooo... who knows.

Also, I definitely recommend using Dark Crystal glass cleaner instead of torching your quartz.

Don't wanna devitrify that shiny boi.

muunch,

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
If I do it right after I take the dab, I can have the insert back to sparkling new before it even cools down.

You use the leftover heat from your dab to help heat-clean the insert.

Definitely not for everyone though. I am a bit obsessive over having a clean surface. :D

muunch,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
So, before I place my order, I want to make sure of something. Are we positive an iPad brick will be ok to charge the Peak, or should I just get the Puffco brick? Could I safely use a 5 watt Apple charging brick since it’s the exact same watts as the Puffco brick?

Last edited:
Vicki,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
So, before I place my order, I want to make sure of something. Are we positive an iPad brick will be ok to charge the Peak, or should I just get the Puffco brick? Could I safely use a 5 watt Apple charging brick since it’s the exact same watts as the Puffco brick?
Spoke to Roger, It is okay to use an apple brick to charge the peak. An iphone brick will take twice as long to charge. An Ipad brick should charge in the regular time. Look at the specs on the brick to make sure if its 2A its good if its 1A it will take twice as long to charge

I believe the 5W bricks are 1A so it will take twice as long to charge. You want the 10W or 12W brick from apple

Mynameismud,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Spoke to Roger, It is okay to use an apple brick to charge the peak. An iphone brick will take twice as long to charge. An Ipad brick should charge in the regular time. Look at the specs on the brick to make sure if its 2A its good if its 1A it will take twice as long to charge

I believe the 5W bricks are 1A so it will take twice as long to charge. You want the 10W or 12W brick from apple

Thank you! I have a ton of the 5 watt iPhone chargers that still have the plastic on them. I also have a few 12 watt iPad chargers too, so I should be covered. I’ll be receiving my Peak on Monday, and very excited to test it out. :)

mmafighterthe25

Neon Peak looks dope!

When you put them side by side like that, the Peak looks Like a brand new iPhone X next to an old Android from Walmart.

I had the carta first to be honest I have two cartas, one app wouldn't connect so they sent me another whole kit free. I just got the neon yesterday. Oh god yes I'm in love way it looks. It lights up whatever color you're hitting it on. And I got the titanum bowl in it from mrbonsai's. Fucking rips med dab I got like 8 huge rips blew carta away. An the carta alot of oil on the walls. So far barely any with peak

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I received my Peak this morning, and charged it up for two hours.

I just used it for the first time, and OMFG! This thing is incredible! I only used a teeny amount of L.A Woman shatter on the blue setting, and damn! The flavor was amazing, and I am super medicated! I am more than impressed.

**I forgot to turn it off! I wish it had auto shut off. I’m going to have to keep it on my mind to turn it off completely when I am done. I hope a 1/2 hour of sitting didn’t drain it too much.

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I received my Peak this morning, and charged it up for two hours.

I just used it for the first time, and OMFG! This thing is incredible! I only used a teeny amount of L.A Woman shatter on the blue setting, and damn! The flavor was amazing, and I am super medicated! I am more than impressed.

**I forgot to turn it off! I wish it had auto shut off. I’m going to have to keep it on my mind to turn it off completely when I am done. I hope a 1/2 hour of sitting didn’t drain it too much.
Welcome to the club. FWIW ive had mine for a year and a half now and I rarely actually turn the device off. Its only ever been an issue once or twice where i didnt use it for a day or two and have come back to a dead peak. Under daily usage you shouldnt really notice any battery drainage from not turning it off

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Welcome to the club. FWIW ive had mine for a year and a half now and I rarely actually turn the device off. Its only ever been an issue once or twice where i didnt use it for a day or two and have come back to a dead peak. Under daily usage you shouldnt really notice any battery drainage from not turning it off

Thanks! That’s good to know because I’m having a really hard time remembering to turn it off, lol

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Thanks! That’s good to know because I’m having a really hard time remembering to turn it off, lol

My main habit that works really well is to just throw it on the charger before i go to bed, it has a smart cut off so you dont have to worry about overcharging it

Mynameismud,
Top Bottom