Proud New Daddy of an Old Guitar: Show Us Your Babies!

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Show us your babies!!!

Here is my new-old guitar I picked up on Craigslist. It is a National Resophonic Student Model 1133. Its tiny: about the size of a Baby Martin. Its small enough to take on a plane. With the Resophonic thing going, it kinda sounds like a banjo. Perfect for cone-heads. heh.

The Front
========
NationalStudent1133.jpg

The Back
=======
1133back.jpg

macbill,

VapoFish

Nice macbill... I had a Baby Taylor for travel. I like your solution much better!

I've got a vintage Gibson J200 (bottom) and a new Martin DC15e ... am always on the hunt for other vintage guitars.

guitarsy.jpg

:peace:

VapoFish,

Pseudonymous

Nameless
I own a Fender American Strat, an Ibanez acoustic, and a Yamaha classical. But I don't have pictures of those. I do have pictures of my bass though. It's a Warwick Streamer LX.

n694140343_4062853_5065.jpg

n694140343_4062854_5416.jpg

n694140343_4062855_5585.jpg

n694140343_4062856_5819.jpg

n694140343_4062857_5461.jpg

n694140343_4062858_6262.jpg

n694140343_4062859_6503.jpg

Pseudonymous,

Purple-Days

23ljg5u.jpg

Fretless. Maple neck but otherwise all synthetics (body and fretboard). Bartolini PU and onboard pre-amp. Gallien-Krueger amp.

My six string is a Chinese strat clone in student scale. (fretwork by me first day it was home).

Don't play either anymore. Haven't touched them in several years.

Purple-Days,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
VapoFish said:
Nice macbill... I had a Baby Taylor for travel. I like your solution much better!

I've got a vintage Gibson J200 (bottom) and a new Martin DC15e ... am always on the hunt for other vintage guitars.
It seems like many of the artists I admire use a Gibson. I went to Jorma Koukonen's Winter Fur Peace Ranch sesion in Palm Desert this year, and altough Jorma (I believe) had a Martin, he claimed he used Gibsons at home in Ohio. He doesn't like to travel with his good guitars. One of the students was a collector, and every day brought out a different vintage Gibson. An amazing view for me, as I had never encountered the high-end consumer of guitars.

The class was a bit too advanced for me, but I am slowly getting there. I've had a major breakthough of sorts, recently. I may have my thumb under my thumb, so to speak. Alternating bass notes whilst plucking elsewhere. The mind, it boggles.

macbill,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Purple-Days said:
Don't play either anymore. Haven't touched them in several years.
Bet you had fun when you did. Nowadays, you can find all sorts of stuff on the 'net and just play along.

I've been told the same thing from a couple of different professional musicians: Just play for 15 minutes a day to get that brain/muscle thing happening. I'm not sure it works for me, but I have fun. To mis-quote Commander Cody, "You can't have too much fun".

macbill,
Top Bottom