Prop 203 Fails In Arizona: No Medical Marijuana For AZ

lwien

Purple-Days said:
I have a question (for anyone). If it's a drug and if it is prescribed, WTF is a dispensary for? Why not stand in line at a regular pharmacy, hand over your prescription and walk away with a white paper bag that is indistinguishable from insulin or valium or oxycodone. Why should people have to run a gauntlet of protesters and police to get in a dispensary where there is only one drug for sale? Why should you have to sign up and carry a Med Card? Do I need a card to buy Penicillin? Do I need to register with the state to buy pain killers? Why should this be any different? I call bullshit... they have their reasons.

I don't think it will ever come to this due to the fact that it will eventually be legal for recreational use. But if it didn't and remained medical only, I would still prefer not to buy it a a pharmacy, but rather a specialty shop (dispensary) where I can look, smell and talk about all the different strains with the..........budtender.

lwien,

Egzoset

Banned
I'd say leave the embryo of distribution structure alone at least for a while. On an other hand, i can't wait to see cannabis being distributed across the whole Jean Coutu drug stores network, including his competitors!

:p

Egzoset,

crawdad

floatin
lwien said:
But if it didn't and remained medical only, I would still prefer not to buy it a a pharmacy, but rather a specialty shop (dispensary) where I can look, smell and talk about all the different strains with the..........budtender.

this is partially my reasoning for not liking the whole "medical mj" bandwagon, it puts the dosage and control into the hands of an already corrupt culture of business...the health care industry.

the cannabis plant for consumption is best defined as an herb and since its not toxic should therefore be available at food stores and road side stands. it can be made more complicated but i think i will always see it that way and i don't think i'm being unreasonable.

the complication of this seems to enter when you start to consider who will benefit the most and that is pure greed. :mad:

crawdad,

Egzoset

Banned
I can't tell for sure about other countries but in mine there are sections of my local drug stores which don't differ in any way from those i see in groceries and i was under the impression this business model went from a neighbour country down south...

Egzoset,

Plotinus

Answer: it's actually not "prescribed." This was the reason the initial law from some years back was struck down. Because marijuana is a schedule I drug, doctors can't legally prescribe it.

Instead of working off of prescriptions, dispensaries operate on physician "recommendations;" legalese, but totally different nonetheless. This is the way it works in Cali, Colorado, and any state with medical marijuana.

I'm also in favor of total legalization, but I think those of you who are against medical laws because they're too restrictive are throwing the baby out with the bathwater a bit. Getting Americans used to the idea that marijuana isn't dangerous is a long process - remember, we're working against almost a century of nonstop government propaganda. And unlike them, we're not allowed to lie.

The fundamental problem people have with legal marijuana is that they truly believe it's dangerous. This is incorrect, but how do you demonstrate that? Enter medical marijuana, one of the best arguments we have that marijuana is not in fact dangerous. Desperately ill people use it and suffer no consequences - to the contrary, it makes them feel much better. This is a powerful, public, high-profile demonstration of the safety of marijuana. We shouldn't underestimate the usefulness of that.

Plotinus,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Egzoset said:
Why does my government and yours spend money on "law enforcement" to control a plant like cannabis in my name, here and even outside the country's borders, while honnest citizens can punch holes in their liver using too much codeine or whatever with the implicit complicity of that same governement? I don't know. Why don't we ever hear about vaporization on TV news as a safe substitute for smokers? I don't have a clue. What makes Montreal so different from Amsterdam? Well, i wish i were there to find out all by myself!

:leaf:

I think you just need to move to Vancouver, then Amsterdam won't seem so "special" :) I hope I can visit someday. You lucky Canadian, you.

aesthyrian,

Egzoset

Banned
Yeah, i know... We have beautiful mountains, snow is about to fall and then the rivers will freeze! It's heaven for those who will never mind growing cannabis...

:rolleyes:

Egzoset,

Purple-Days

Like I said, they are going to make this as difficult as possible. Now they are talking of using mechanized dispensing.

We had one of these units in Port Orford and it made great sense in our case. Our town was 25 miles to the nearest pharmacy. We had a Doctor in town, but any needed medicines were two hours (round trip) away, maybe not even available til tomorrow if it was a late afternoon appointment and no time to reach the nearest pharmacy before 6pm closing (Wal-mart etc. 60 mile one way, two lane roads). So a Medicine Dispenser was installed at the Doctor's office and it was controlled remotely (via computer) by the attending pharmacy in the next town and operated by a technician on site.

It was a floor to ceiling 4 foot sqrare, half safe / half vending machine. No chance someone would bust the door and hook a chain to it and drag it off, like an ATM. And no chance that meds could be dispensed without prescription and technician etc. Pretty damn nice for folks in Port Orford who needed most common drugs from anti-biotics to heavy narcotics. But the choices were limited and quantities fixed.

So Arizona intends to dispense Medical Marijuana this way. Locations to be decided, but a maximum of 125 for the entire state.

Comments???

Purple-Days,
wuv it, wish every state had these ez dispense machines, or @ least nearby states within a hr ride would b gr8, if possible

hemp;)goofy8cheerio,

OO

Technical Skeptical
Purple-Days said:
Like I said, they are going to make this as difficult as possible. Now they are talking of using mechanized dispensing.

We had one of these units in Port Orford and it made great sense in our case. Our town was 25 miles to the nearest pharmacy. We had a Doctor in town, but any needed medicines were two hours (round trip) away, maybe not even available til tomorrow if it was a late afternoon appointment and no time to reach the nearest pharmacy before 6pm closing (Wal-mart etc. 60 mile one way, two lane roads). So a Medicine Dispenser was installed at the Doctor's office and it was controlled remotely (via computer) by the attending pharmacy in the next town and operated by a technician on site.

It was a floor to ceiling 4 foot sqrare, half safe / half vending machine. No chance someone would bust the door and hook a chain to it and drag it off, like an ATM. And no chance that meds could be dispensed without prescription and technician etc. Pretty damn nice for folks in Port Orford who needed most common drugs from anti-biotics to heavy narcotics. But the choices were limited and quantities fixed.

So Arizona intends to dispense Medical Marijuana this way. Locations to be decided, but a maximum of 125 for the entire state.

Comments???

125 in the state surely leaves many patients out of range to where they can grow their own supply legally no?

what are co-op laws like in AZ?

OO,

Purple-Days

http://www.thecypresstimes.com/arti...REGARDING_ARIZONA_MEDICAL_MARIJUANA_ACT/45892

Well, how about this?

"... from U.S. Attorney Dennis Burke. Burkes letter warned that marijuana remains a Schedule I Controlled Substance, meaning that growing, distributing and possessing marijuana, in any capacity, other than as a federally authorized research program, is a violation of federal law regardless of state laws that purport to permit such activities. Burke declared that his office would vigorously prosecute individuals and organizations that participate in unlawful manufacturing, distribution and marketing activity involving marijuana, even if such activities are permitted under state law."

So what happened to all that crap about this administration not prosecuting Medical MJ ??? :lol: What a joke... and it seems that the big joke is on anybody who signed up. They are now on an easy to access list. A big red flag that says, "Come get me!".

Yes, all you folks, who thought you were making progress on the legalization front, think again. That's a U.S. Attorney talking... vigorous Federal prosecution . . . What State's rights? :rolleyes:

And you gotta love this, The State of Arizona has worked to follow the wishes of voters, said Governor Brewer. But I wont stand aside while state employees and average Arizonans acting in good faith are unwittingly put at risk. In light of the explicit warnings on this issue offered by Arizonas U.S. Attorney, as well as many other federal prosecutors, clarity and judicial direction are in order. ie. we found a way to over-rule the voter's wishes... :2c:

"Like I said, they are going to make this as difficult as possible."

Purple-Days,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
Doomed, Doomed, We're All Doomed!

I don't see any way out of it...the United States pushed every other country to sign on, and now its illegal accross the globe thanks to us.

If the US allowed it to become legalized...no, I don't think they'll allow it.

How? After we bullied the whole world to sign this international agreement that says it'll remain illegal?

of all the arguments to keep the status quo the way it is, they will continue to find reasons to keep this a third rail issue, since they can already count on the income alcohol taxes bring in, and as much as they hate to roll-out *rights they're even tighter about releasing income they can count on.

* once a "right" has been granted to the people, it's very hard to take it back, which is why they don't want the healthcare rights to be extended or they'll never get that genie back into the bottle.

VWFringe,
Top Bottom