Products that make you go...........hmmmmm...

vapviking

Old & In the Way
get
My mother-in-law's kitchen! until she passed in 2001. The house was built in 1948. She had been there since '61.
She had this same layout (except that to-die-for peninsula and formica soffit!). Same red formica, the wonder product that brought melamine into its own. Same chrome metal self edge. The sink was mounted with a chrome rim inset (inlaid) so all was flush with the formica surface. As a cabinet maker, I was impressed by that! The same white plywood cabinets with lipped edge doors and chrome handles.
Hers had a brass name plate on the back splash, with the manufacturer's name, some place from Long Island City, NY.
She had no built-in dishwasher in the original layout. Her upgrade was one that rolled around on casters and hooked up to the sink.

The day I tore the countertop out it was still as functional as the day it was installed.
Hmmmmm.

Last edited:

Madtater

Only $30,000!

LG - SIGNATURE 97" Class M3 Series OLED 4K UHD Smart webOS TV with Zero Connect Box​

Lots of people been waiting for the LG 97” OLED. Mostly people who want a big screen without projection.

But if you think that screen is making you go “hmmmmm”….

This is a bunch of 32” (or whatever) screens that get linked together. They are sold individually. Must be nice to have disposable income😂. I am into AV stuff. Guy on one of the forums i belong to scrapped his 180” theater screen for one of these setups. Was like $275k installed or something silly like that.

Madtater,
Reactions: macbill

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
My 4 year old 77" OLED tv broke last year... the replacement part needed for repair was $2200+
I'll never go OLED again as the cost of repair makes them pretty much garbage if they break.

...I am looking for a replacement if any of you have suggestions under $1k

FlyingLow,
It's hard for me to believe that this is actually real. 21st Century marketing is pretty different than when I did it in the 70's. LOL

"Take Care of Your Pair"???????? Really???

Madtater

...I am looking for a replacement if any of you have suggestions under $1k
Honestly, if you have had an OLED, you probably wont like anything lower.

However, if you want something under $1k, what i would recomment is check costco. The big screens are a bit cheaper and you get an automatic 2yr warranty added, and if uou put it on their card you get an additional 2 years (least that is what it WAS).

I have had oleds for the last 6 years or so and have had zero issues. Sry you are going through that. Maybe you got a one off. Surprising that the part was so expensive. You can get a new 77” LG OLED for a little bit more than that.

Madtater,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
This is what you want to have in your pocket at airports .
@LesPlenty Fuck Combustion ? :D :D :D :D

vapviking

Old & In the Way
An ad popped up on my Huffington Post front page.
I mean...?

ON TIME. WE DELIVER YOUR YACHT WHERE IT NEEDS TO BE, WHEN IT NEEDS TO BE THERE

DYT offers marine transportation to a variety of destinations all over the world. Browse the options presented on the yacht transport schedule and choose the one that best meets your needs. If you have any questions, feel free to contact one of our helpful representatives today!

vapviking,
Reactions: macbill
Top Bottom