POTV Lobo

Gardenerjeff

Author, Teaming Series of Organic Grow Books
I taped a few of the air holes in the bottom of the Lobo. Have two open. Seems to improve the already great draw...and I feather them sometimes which adds to the experience. I am liking this unit more and more...

Gardenerjeff,
Reactions: Blackbeen

Petetbay

Unfortunately I couldn't find any of those Fierce stems for sale since they discontinued the Fierce. I love those stems because they keep everything so clean and I also enjoy the glass taste. Maybe you could try your luck in the classifieds in case someone has those Fierce stems and they're willing to part with them.
There are some Fierce stems here.

PactolusKY

Whoever said to take out the screen and just use the dosing caps THANK YOU!! I had been having trouble getting clouds, apparently the screen was the issue. 410 degrees F and loosely packed cap and I get bigger clouds than before.

EDIT: I just saw this in a review on POTV and I found its true for mine as well. Wow I didn't even realize-

My findings over the past 3 months are as follows At first it seemed it was doing a good job, but as my tolerance started creeping up I struggled with getting where I needed to be. I found my AVB wasn't as dark as I was used to in my dynavap or madheater. I determined it wasn't getting hot enough. I was originally set at 410-420f most times. I cranked it up to 430 and found it was hitting a bit harder and it was getting darker so I looked into it some more. I found that while the LOBO is heating up it will jump the last 10-20 degrees from 390s to 420f in one click. So as a test I waited till it jumped, then turned it right off then back on and watched it start at like 380 and slowly climb to the preset *** mark. I then turned it off and on again and it was still at ***. So what I found is that the LOBO doesn't heat up to, or fully recover to the actually temp unless you turn it off and back on again till it hits the mark. This has become a pain to do and eats batteries like crazy but it does get me where I need to be and my AVB is the proper color I was looking for. I am not sure if this is a design flaw or if mine isnt working as it should but I hope they address it.

Basically when you put it up on like 410 or 415 etc, it will get to around 390 and then skip up to that temp when it actually isn't. To combat this, you have to turn it off right away when it skips, turn back on then it will slowly charge up to the correct high temp. Mine does this too and I didn't even notice til it was pointed out.

Last edited:
PactolusKY,

ChooChooCharlie

Whoever said to take out the screen and just use the dosing caps THANK YOU!!

That may have been my post a couple months ago, page 15 of this thread?
I removed the screen from the glass adapter MP, because I'm a capsule guy. Learned from years of capsule use in Mighty/Crafty. Don't need screen, especially with Lobo caps with their tiny holes, screen is redundant -- but it's worse...gets resin stickiness on and around screen, which can cause capsule lid sticking, frequent cleaning, ug

I've been babbling about screenless cap use for years in S&B threads, ad nauseam. Not all clear sailing however, as I lent my Mighty to a newbie and forgot that I had removed CU screen. Uh ... he was not pleased, as he intuitively loaded it directly without capsule. Oops

Blackbeen

Whoever said to take out the screen and just use the dosing caps THANK YOU!! I had been having trouble getting clouds, apparently the screen was the issue. 410 degrees F and loosely packed cap and I get bigger clouds than before.

EDIT: I just saw this in a review on POTV and I found its true for mine as well. Wow I didn't even realize-

Basically when you put it up on like 410 or 415 etc, it will get to around 390 and then skip up to that temp when it actually isn't. To combat this, you have to turn it off right away when it skips, turn back on then it will slowly charge up to the correct high temp. Mine does this too and I didn't even notice til it was pointed out.
I never go over 390 w/ screen, don't like to toast past a dry brown, may try w/o caps, they do leak quite a bit of weed though I noticed in the cap holder, screen tends to filter the SS.

LAWTHEONE

CLOUDYWITHFOG/ZEROVISIBILITY
The Lobo finally lost its place inside of my bag. I’m impressed with it though. It’s definitely the best lower priced unit that I’ve ever used. Right now my bag consist of the Minvap the TM 2 and the Venty is the unit that bumped the Lobo out of the bag.

In my opinion, if you don’t have a lot of money to spend on a vape or your frugal, the Lobo makes a fantastic option. With all these high-end vapes around, I just don’t find myself reaching for it currently. The little fella packs a wallop! 💪🏾💯

I use my vaporizers exclusively off of a bong.

Last edited:
LAWTHEONE,
Reactions: Jojofernz

Jroc

Anyone else's LOBOs rattle near the heating element?
Every time I go to empty a bowl I turn it over and give it a few taps and hear the rattle every time.
Also the heating element pings like a cold baseboard heater while its on.

Other than those little gremlins its been a great device

Jroc,

Tepez

Still waiting for my lobo to show up ordered on 1/4. Has been trapped in an endless usps loop. USPS keeps updating the tracking without any changing info so when I contacted potv on Monday they told me that if there isn’t any movement in a few days then contact them again. Wednesday comes I recontacted them but get no response. Thursday I sent a new contact request for a supervisor. They tell me oh well usps keeps updating the tracking so all we can do is refund your money but we’ll recharge you if it ever gets delivered or if it hasn’t shown up by early next week they’ll ship a replacement. I asked if it would be expedited and if they’d use a different carrier and got told they only use usps. Anyone have similar issues?

Tepez,

Blackbeen

Has anyone had problems with the USB bus charging, it plugs is reads full bars if it's not charging, moving bars if it is, today I had to try a half dozen times to get it to engage, tried different cables, it's the port connection.

Blackbeen,

PactolusKY

Has anyone had problems with the USB bus charging, it plugs is reads full bars if it's not charging, moving bars if it is, today I had to try a half dozen times to get it to engage, tried different cables, it's the port connection.
Taking the battery in and out fixes that for me. Still annoying tho.

So, new issue for me. I can only really get a good hit the first hit of the sesh, and the avb is never dark brown always lighter. Is there somethng I'm doing wrong or defective device? It will just never truly brown it.

PactolusKY,

Blackbeen

Taking the battery in and out fixes that for me. Still annoying tho.

So, new issue for me. I can only really get a good hit the first hit of the sesh, and the avb is never dark brown always lighter. Is there somethng I'm doing wrong or defective device?
Yeah, tried that, didn't work, screwed around & finally got the port to click into place. I can see this going bad over time though, this is why USB charging sucks over a regular charger.
Seems to very with weed, I never toast darker than 390F so, start hitting at about 250, usually 2 good hits before reaching temp, sometimes I get 4 sometimes 6, it depends.

Blackbeen,

PactolusKY

Yeah, tried that, didn't work, screwed around & finally got the port to click into place. I can see this going bad over time though, this is why USB charging sucks over a regular charger.
Seems to very with weed, I never toast darker than 390F so, start hitting at about 250, usually 2 good hits before reaching temp, sometimes I get 4 sometimes 6, it depends.
Yeah, 2 hits is the absolute max I get. I guess something is fucked up.

PactolusKY,
  • Sad
Reactions: Blackbeen

Tepez

Got the lobo a few days ago. I feel like it’s a tight draw but it’s my first vape and don’t know if it’s typical or not. I keep getting temp jumps on the display. During heat up to whatever temp you have it set on it’ll jump the last 20 degrees on the display. ie set it to 390 once it hits 370 the next number should be 371 but no it’s 390. I turn it off and back on and it starts out at 370 then starts heating to the original setting of 390. Anyone have this happen and able to share what potv said?

Tepez,
Reactions: BigJr48

PactolusKY

Got the lobo a few days ago. I feel like it’s a tight draw but it’s my first vape and don’t know if it’s typical or not. I keep getting temp jumps on the display. During heat up to whatever temp you have it set on it’ll jump the last 20 degrees on the display. ie set it to 390 once it hits 370 the next number should be 371 but no it’s 390. I turn it off and back on and it starts out at 370 then starts heating to the original setting of 390. Anyone have this happen and able to share what potv said?
Me and others experience this, it happens to me every single time. I've been meaning to contact them for a possible replacement but it was bought on my dads account and dealing with him is like pulling teeth.

PactolusKY,
Reactions: BigJr48

Blackbeen

I honestly never noticed, it cooks so fast, it may or not may not do this, as long as it cooks & gets the job done I don't care so much, I set it to the 6 minute max at 390 start hitting at 250, its usually spent at 4 minutes & I power it off. 🤷‍♂️
The power jack going out is more of an concern to me but if & when it goes I guess I could get a external charger & battery to rotate.

Blackbeen,

Tepez

How often do you have to charge it? How long have you had it? Just curious because I’ve seen a few people having issues with it charging. Kinda wondering if I should just send it back and save for a different portable.

Tepez,

Mndeadhead

i had the same issue on the charging. we have tons of batteries, but trying to make it easy for the wife. POTV's RMA process was painless. I am waiting for the replacement to come to see if it has the same issue. they know its an issue, will give you some stupid human tricks to try, but they ended up agreeing to the exchange with no coaxing.

Blackbeen

How often do you have to charge it? How long have you had it? Just curious because I’ve seen a few people having issues with it charging. Kinda wondering if I should just send it back and save for a different portable.
I plug it back in after every session to keep it up, USB ports go bad often & are not the best charging method IMO, had it a couple months, the connection can be finicky and I can only see it getting worse over time, whereas I've had the Solo II for about 3 years with a traditional charger and no problem.

Blackbeen,

Blackbeen

I am glad I held off buying one of these. I will wait until vers. 2 comes out. They have a few issues that must to be fixed before I buy one.
Its still better than the other 2 Arizer units I own, no other point of comparison, I don't own, or care to, every other vape on the market but for the price I'm pretty pleased.

Blackbeen,
Reactions: Jojofernz

Jojofernz

Lobo still a blast since I got it on original release. Great flavor, nice clouds, perfect on the go vape.

I know they shouldn’t have any issues with the charging but I feel like this should be said for ANY vape that has a removable battery: GET AN EXTERNAL CHARGER.

Makes it easier to have one always charged and you’ll never have issues with the unit plugged into a wall itself. I agree it shouldn’t be a problem, but even aside from the Lobo, all I’ve heard is it’s not good to charge batteries in your device anyway if you can remove them and charge them externally.

Never charged my lobo on the wall and I’ve had zero issues with my lobo.

As for the temp jumping up a slight bit, I don’t see this as an issue, I just always figured it gets hot quick once it’s about to reach temp so the final jump of 15 degrees to 20 degrees isn’t an issue at it’s reached temp.

Love the lobo and anyone I’ve recommended and they got it have it loved it as well. Dosing caps, extra batteries and an external charger. I have lots of other vapes so I’m not always using my lobo(fiancé uses it most), but everytime I come back to it I’m amazed at the flavor and volume of clouds this little unit produces.

Tepez

Lobo still a blast since I got it on original release. Great flavor, nice clouds, perfect on the go vape.

I know they shouldn’t have any issues with the charging but I feel like this should be said for ANY vape that has a removable battery: GET AN EXTERNAL CHARGER.

Makes it easier to have one always charged and you’ll never have issues with the unit plugged into a wall itself. I agree it shouldn’t be a problem, but even aside from the Lobo, all I’ve heard is it’s not good to charge batteries in your device anyway if you can remove them and charge them externally.

Never charged my lobo on the wall and I’ve had zero issues with my lobo.

As for the temp jumping up a slight bit, I don’t see this as an issue, I just always figured it gets hot quick once it’s about to reach temp so the final jump of 15 degrees to 20 degrees isn’t an issue at it’s reached temp.

Love the lobo and anyone I’ve recommended and they got it have it loved it as well. Dosing caps, extra batteries and an external charger. I have lots of other vapes so I’m not always using my lobo(fiancé uses it most), but everytime I come back to it I’m amazed at the flavor and volume of clouds this little unit produces.
The temp thing wouldn’t bug me that much if they temp stayed 20degrees under what it was set for cuz max would be 410 which isn’t bad but it doesn’t. It stays at the original temp and won’t increase. So say I turn it on at 390. It stops heating at 370 and it won’t go up any, so if I turn it up to 410 the temp should be 390 but it stays at 370. I think I may have gotten a bad unit. Gotta get in touch with potv. Might be changing brands but haven’t totally convinced myself of what I’d get

Jojofernz

The temp thing wouldn’t bug me that much if they temp stayed 20degrees under what it was set for cuz max would be 410 which isn’t bad but it doesn’t. It stays at the original temp and won’t increase. So say I turn it on at 390. It stops heating at 370 and it won’t go up any, so if I turn it up to 410 the temp should be 390 but it stays at 370. I think I may have gotten a bad unit. Gotta get in touch with potv. Might be changing brands but haven’t totally convinced myself of what I’d get
Yeah no that is a bad unit. I would contact them as that’s not normal. I am talking about people saying their temp jumps from 370 to 390 on the readout when it is heating up.

Top Bottom