Pot Newb...Weed sucks?

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Shel said:
I went online and searched for "blemished" and "7th floor" and found a forum post from a guy who ordered one expecting a scratch or a ding and got one decorated with Insane Clown Posse all over it. Thought that was hilarious!

HAHAHA Wow that's a hell of a blemish. He'll never be able to sell that thing. :lol:

aesthyrian,

Shel

aesthyrian said:
Shel said:
I went online and searched for "blemished" and "7th floor" and found a forum post from a guy who ordered one expecting a scratch or a ding and got one decorated with Insane Clown Posse all over it. Thought that was hilarious!

HAHAHA Wow that's a hell of a blemish. He'll never be able to sell that thing. :lol:

Yeah, I told my husband and his comeback was, "Fucking weed...what's that for?" :lol:

Shel,

Nycdeisel

So you want one of the blemished SSVs? The 7th Floor ebay store for blemished models is called Higher Elevations just google those two wrods along with "ebay" and you should find it in no time!

Nycdeisel,

Shel

Thanks! I found it. I'm just wondering, side by side, whether the extreme Q (new) or the SSV (blemished) would be a better buy if I can get them for the same cash. It seems like the SSV might be slightly less user friendly, like it not being hands-free and the location where you have to put the weed, but has better draws? Does that sound about right?

Shel,

nr-cole

I think the choice between SSV and EQ comes down to personal preference. Both are pretty well accepted as high-quality vapes that do what they are made for and do it well. The EQ definitely has more features, such as the bags and automatic shut-off timer, but speaking from personal experience all those features means all kinds of extra parts to keep track of. It can get a little exhausting sometimes. It also has the digital temperature control, although many people attest that since it's very difficult for a vape to accurately display the temperature of the air passing over the herb, digital temp control isn't much better than analog, functioning as a reference point and not a precise reading.

I can't say whether the SSV draws better than the EQ, but I can say that every vape has all kinds of different techniques you can experiment with, and either way you'll find one that works for you. I can tell you the EQ draws great. Also, I'm fairly certain the SSV can be ordered in a hands-free configuration.

Style will also factor into it. Both are distinctive looking vapes. Totally up to your preference.

nr-cole,

steiner666

Serial vapist
Theres nothing quite like sipping wine between hits from a log vape IMO. The buzzes compliment each other as well as the flavor does.

steiner666,

Nycdeisel

Actually I would assume the SSV to be more user friendly in that its much more simple, has less parts, no moving parts really, and it only does whips. If you really want to be able to use bags and whips, get the EQ, but just keep in mind that most that get the EQ end up only or mostly using the whip

Nycdeisel,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Smokey said:
I'm allergic to pollen in general, I noticed when handling weed or grinding it fine I start sneeze sooo bad xD but haven't had any issue from smokin/vapin it.

I've had really hay fever as a kid and I almost always sneeze when I take my first few hits but then it goes away. Maybe even more so from vaping although I hardly smoke anymore so I don't recall.

jeffp,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
aesthyrian said:
Shel said:

This somehow reminds me of my blemished LP cover of Mothers Live at the Fillmore. In high school my friend and occasional nemesis Paul scribbled on it, "Mothers suck! Humble Pie is better!"
My friend Kenny scribbled "Leon Russel!"
Years later I met Howard Kaylan, one of the vocalists on the album and I asked him to sign that LP cover with all the scibblings. He thought it was hysterical - he told Mark Volman "Hey Mark, it says here Humble Pie is better!"

jeffp,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I met Mark and Howie back in the 60s. I was a DJ at the university radio station and The Turtles were booked for our Winter Festival. I got the job of interviewing them. (My first Turtles, who knew?) They were nothing like The Turtles who sang Happy Together and She'd Rather Be With Me, which were the hits being played on the airwaves at the time. We had a long conversation about the frustration of touring and playing to audiences who expected pop rock bubblegum music, while they were well into making the transition into Flo & Eddy--drastically different material.

They were nice guys, definitely not full of themselves, and fun to talk to. It turned out their psychedelic unbubblegum show went over quite well with the university crowd. (It was the 60s, university...) My ears were ringing for a few days after, however.

pakalolo,
Top Bottom