Portable Vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

maverickluke

Greetings everyone,

I have the extreme Q vaporizer and love it. I attribute the great choice I made getting the extreme Q by your feedback and input. I am looking to pick up a portable vaporizer. I believe these run on batteries, but don't know anything about them. Which one would you recommend and are considered the best? Thanks for your help in advance.

maverickluke,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Most here would say the Magic Flight Launch Box I'm sure, and that's what I'm going to suggest as well. There is a nice 200+ page thread on it here so get to reading and see what you think.

aesthyrian,

Okanagan Vaporist

I'm fairly new to the vape world, first got an iolite last spring that I had to send for warranty replacement. It worked not so great right off the bat then got worse gradually. Ordered a magic flight which held me over while the iolite got replaced. New iolite works great, I've had that for a few months now. I prefer the Iolite but they have reliability issues. Magic Flight works great also, but it seems to run a bit on the cool side.

Iolite having a 2 year warranty, make sure you buy from a recognized dealer in case you need it. I'm considering getting a plug in vape but don't really need one. Vaping beats the crap out of combustion, that's for sure.

Good Day! :)

Okanagan Vaporist,

joesalamon

I love my IOlite for portability.... Not only does it work great, but its got a nice stealth side to it also. I have never had any issues with mine.

joesalamon,

Blackthoven

Shaolin Master
I recently got an Iolite, and I agree with Okanagan regarding the reliability issues. Sometimes it can take a while for the ignition button to work, and it also has pretty inconsistent gas flow. However, that being said it's great when it wants to be and works effectively with a small group of people.

I also ordered the MFLB just the other day and hopefully I'll be getting that soon :)

Blackthoven,

nr-cole

I have an Iolite. It works great but definitely takes some practice and can be frustrating if you don't take the time to learn all the tricks. Most of the things people seem to complain about have a fix if you look hard enough. For example, I was having some trouble getting it to ignite until I started running the extra air out of the tank. Now every time it takes more than two clicks I know that's what I have to do. I've also heard they have trouble running at high altitudes, so maybe that's something to consider.

Since it's about half the price, you probably can't go wrong with a Launch Box either. Tons of people seem to love this vape and it's definitely simpler than the I-olite. I'm not crazy about using batteries, but to each their own. The best thing to do is read through each vape's thread on here and then make your decision. Happy Vaping!

nr-cole,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I also recommend the Magic Flight Launch Box, and you can't beat the lifetime warranty. :)

Vicki,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I agree. For the price, reliability, stealth, economy of herb and just coolness, I think the LB is the way to go.

Stu,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Also take into consideration what you are looking for with your portable as well.

MFLB is great for efficiency, portability, and thoroughly browning your herb. (Keep in mind it isnt a 'cloud maker' by any stretch of the imagination) and its not difficult to combust with it (especially with new users)

Vapor genie is another portable. You can achieve killer hits from it, but it is VERY easy to combust with (steeper learning curve)

Lotus is another option (I dont know much about this one personally) but it looks promising. (Similar to VG but without the combustability factor as much)

Supreme Vaporizer is another 'portable' of sorts that also can act as a 'desktop' comparable vape. HUGE hits are what this vape boasts the most, and it takes my weed the closest to combustion (next to my SSV) but the pricetag scares many (but IMO its well worth it for what it does)

Iolite is nice too, but is closer to a fixed temp vape. You wont get 'huge' clouds from this one, but the risk of combustion is almost nil.

AGBeer,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
AGBeer said:
Keep in mind it isnt a 'cloud maker' by any stretch of the imagination

You know I have to take exception to this. ;)

I just added this section to the MFLB entry:

http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Magi...F_Does_it_really_deliver_thick_cloudy_hits.3F

I also posted it (re-posted really) in the MFLB thread, and several people immediately commented on the thick hits. Now, the LB won't deliver thick hits when you use it with the regular basic technique, but if you want to do it you can certainly turn it into a cloud-maker.

pakalolo,

maverickluke

Thanks for the input. What about the vapir NO2 or vapir oxygen? These look pretty stealth, but how are they?

maverickluke,

george

maverickluke said:
Thanks for the input. What about the vapir NO2 or vapir oxygen? These look pretty stealth, but how are they?

Vapir brand does not have a good reputation. Especially on FC. You might wanna read through the NO2 thread for yourself if you want.

I suggest the Launchbox

george,

B.

War Criminal
MFLB all the way, stealthiest portable, but it can still milk my bong. theres a video somewhere in the big ass LB thread.

B.,

maverickluke

Thanks very much everyone. I am going to look into the MFLB. Curious, there was mention of a technique, or modification of the MFLB to get big, cloudy rips. I would like to know more about this.

maverickluke,

elmomuzz

That just happened...
It's a technique you discover once you use it for a while. I blow a cloud with every hit. :)

elmomuzz,

nr-cole

AGBeer said:
Iolite is nice too, but is closer to a fixed temp vape. You wont get 'huge' clouds from this one, but the risk of combustion is almost nil.

I must respectfully disagree. Last night, by inhaling as slowly as possible and keeping it going for a good 15-20 seconds, I managed to pull some ridiculous clouds out of mine. I'd like to see how they stack up directly with what somebody else can pull out of a bigger vape.

nr-cole,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
nr-cole said:
AGBeer said:

I must respectfully disagree. Last night, by inhaling as slowly as possible and keeping it going for a good 15-20 seconds, I managed to pull some ridiculous clouds out of mine. I'd like to see how they stack up directly with what somebody else can pull out of a bigger vape.

i have used that same technique with my iolite, and yes you can get a few good clouds from it. however, the iolite is a lightwieght compared to the supreme vaporizer. my iolite has been sitting on my shelf forever, i have been thinking about listing for sale but i haven't gotten around to it yet. anyways, the sv completely dominates the iolite in terms of size, and number of clouds produced. its still a portable vape (as long as you take precautions).

notmyrealUSERname,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom