Portable vaporizer that works well plugged in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Visucius

Hello, this is my first post. I'm new to vaping, just got a flower mate mini couple of weeks ago.

Do you know or recommend a portable vaporizer that can be used while plugged in as well? pass-through mode?, I have read that the Air can be used like that but it gets more hot than on batteries?. Firewood 3?

Actually what I think that could be very cool is a vaporizer that can be used with batteries and without. Is there something like this out there?

MinnBobber

Actually what I think that could be very cool is a vaporizer that can be used with batteries and without. Is there something like this out there?
Check out the miniVAP thread. For portable use, it offers the most battery juice in the business. For desktop, you remove the battery and pop on the AC puck.
Supreme taste and supreme efficiency, but pricey

max

Out to lunch
pass-through mode?
That's not a feature that's widely available. You may want to consider a portable with a user replaceable battery. My wife has access to several nice plug-in units but prefers to use the Storm even at home. It uses a 18650 battery that's readily available and easy to swap out. Vapefiend's a very reliable source and coupon code 'Storm' gets you 15% off on the vape and accessories.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I have an Arizer Air. It's an awesome little portable that is well made. It can be used plugged in. There should be some pretty good sales coming up. Randy at Puffitup could probably give you a good price and excellent customer service.

The AA has good flavor on the lower heat settings and is easily hooked up to water tools if you feel you want to explore that. I have confidence that unlike some portables the the Air will last its owner for many years of service.

This portable came out Nov. of 2014. We have seen only a few faulty units here on FC which is pretty good. Sometimes a new vaporizer to the marketplace will have some problems.

The AA has a lifetime warranty on the heating element and a 2 year warranty on the unit itself. Arizer is a well known company that's been around for a while.

Edit
The Vapir No. 2 is an excellent portable. I still have mine, I haven't used it in a while. It is kinda big and it doesn't have a glass air path but it will also last it owner a long time. The batteries are larger and a little more expensive than the AA. You could pick up a No. 2 for less money than the Air.

Last edited:
CarolKing,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place

The only vape I know of that works this way is the Vapir No2, it gets very Little love here but in my opinion is a solid performer.

:2c: ...:peace:

Ricardo

The DaVinci Ascent has built in, rechargeable batteries which easily last for 5/6 X 10 minute sessions. It can also be used while plugged in and charging.

Ricardo,

sativasam

NO SMOKING
Hello, this is my first post. I'm new to vaping, just got a flower mate mini couple of weeks ago.

Do you know or recommend a portable vaporizer that can be used while plugged in as well? pass-through mode?, I have read that the Air can be used like that but it gets more hot than on batteries?. Firewood 3?

The Mighty. The charger for the Mighty has a very long power cord. The charger is well made and has more than enough length to comfortably sit in bed with it plugged in underneath the bedside table.

Last edited:

VapourHaze

Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02

You should check out the @vapman and heat station. It is a flame powered vape that has been around for 10 years. And last year he released an electronic heat station to power it from the plug. Truly a unique device.

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
You should check out the @vapman and heat station. It is a flame powered vape that has been around for 10 years. And last year he released an electronic heat station to power it from the plug. Truly a unique device.

This.

Also the Arizer Air is not a "real" pass through I think, if used while plugged in it just charges the battery while it's being discharged.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
The Arizer Air can be used plugged in and charged. I have an AA. It takes longer for the battery to charge up and it's hard on the batteries. The batteries can be bought and replaced though. A lot of cheaper portables on the market are throw away types. Once the battery is done there's nothing you can do.

Same with the Solo. It can be used and charged at the same time but it's hard on the battery. The large Solo battery can be replaced by the owner. The cost is around $50. There is a video showing how to do it.

You might find that with a lot of portables, that charging and using at the same time is hard on the batteries. You just need to be able to replace it once it's toast.

It's good to have several portables or a lot of replaceable batteries.

Edit
I have a couple of Pinnacle Pros that have brittle plastic materials used and a battery that can't be replaced. The unit isn't cheap either. It is considered to me as a throw away vaporizer. The company wouldnt stand behind their product either with the warranty process. It's buyer beware.

Last edited:

little maggie

I charge the air batteries separately. Since I have 2 batteries and one is always fully charged I never have to plug it in. Same for the Haze. Why do you want to be able to use one plugged in if you never need to plug it in?

little maggie,
Reactions: Green Kiwi
Hey, I have seen these wireless charger adapters... it's like a wireless charging receiver that plugs into mini usb.

Glue that to the flower mate.

Buy external battery pack with wireless charging capabilities, not sure how cheap they are but I think they can be had for rather cheap.

Could be a solution... I hate built in batteries.

Wish I had bought a flower mate! How do you like it? Other than battery.

legalcloud,

Visucius

Check out the miniVAP thread. For portable use, it offers the most battery juice in the business. For desktop, you remove the battery and pop on the AC puck.
Supreme taste and supreme efficiency, but pricey

That looks great and it is exactly what I was thinking about, just that it is very pricey, actually I don't feel comfortable expending more than 200 USD.

I have an Arizer Air. It's an awesome little portable that is well made.

Thank you. The Air is definitely on my top list.

The only vape I know of that works this way is the Vapir No2, it gets very Little love here but in my opinion is a solid performer.

Thanks I'd check it :)

The DaVinci Ascent has built in, rechargeable batteries which easily last for 5/6 X 10 minute sessions. It can also be used while plugged in and charging.

Thanks!

The Mighty. The charger for the Mighty has a very long power cord. The charger is well made and has more than enough length to comfortably sit in bed with it plugged in underneath the bedside table.

It's a bit out of my price range :(

Why do you want to be able to use one plugged in if you never need to plug it in?

I'm just not a fan of batteries in general. But you are right. It doesn't really matters, just that I was curious to know if there are more vaporizers capable of this.

Hey, I have seen these wireless charger adapters... it's like a wireless charging receiver that plugs into mini usb.

Glue that to the flower mate.

Buy external battery pack with wireless charging capabilities, not sure how cheap they are but I think they can be had for rather cheap.

Could be a solution... I hate built in batteries.

Wish I had bought a flower mate! How do you like it? Other than battery.

Thanks but the manual explicitly warns about using it while charging. The flower mate is nice, I mean it's my first vape so I don't really have anything to compare it to yet, battery life is ok, hasn't died on me in the middle of a session yet. But as with all batteries, with time it will hold less and less charge until it gets unusable.

I know I can open it and change the battery myself, it shouldn't be very difficult, but I only vape at home, so it feels a bit silly to have a portable to begin with, but, I don't have much space on my desk and the desk vaporizers are more expensive.

Visucius,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer

The MistVape will be this. Its still in production but gets updates here and there.

paytonpenn,

Tommy10

Could buy a Herbalaire 2.2 vapolution or another well priced desktop, and save the flowermates battery for out of the house.

Tommy10,

Visucius

Could buy a Herbalaire 2.2 vapolution or another well priced desktop, and save the flowermates battery for out of the house.

Thanks, I didn't know about the Herbalaire 2.2, but after checking it out, it doesn't seem to be for me. I'd keep an eye on the desktop forums.

Visucius,

Tommy10

Good convection/conduction desktop doesn't take up much space great with Bong, whip or bag and will blow the pants off the flowermate or any vape under 200.

Tommy10,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom