Pocket size torch lighters

Mescalero314

This is slightly off topic but has anyone ordered from bugstores.com lately? I placed an order for a torch lighter in November of last year and I haven't yet received a shipping notification. I've tried emailing them a couple of times but they never responded. I'm pretty bummed I got burned for $20 but life goes on. I've ordered from them once before with no problems. Just curious to see what, if any, other people's experience has been.

The funny thing is I ordered the generic $2 torch lighter from DX.com, which has been previously recommended in this thread, on the same day I ordered from Bugstores, just to see which company had the quickest turnaround. Despite the lighter being shipped from China, it arrived in 2 weeks after I placed the order. Apparently American businesses are being outdone by foreign competitors...

Okay, that is a sweeping generalization which isn't entirely true...

I apologize for the rant.

As for the lighter itself, it is of standard quality and the gas tank is of decent size. It's all I use with the Vapor Genie and it works great. Gone are the days of spending a quarter of a hundred dollars on aesthetics rather than practicality.

Mescalero314,

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I truly believe that getting a properly functioning torch that will last is simply the luck of the draw. These imported torches are cheaply thrown together and have no craftmanship. Regardless of the brand or design they have a high margin of error due to their manufacture quality.

Thus IMHO if you like the shape or design of a particular torch, then buy or test a whole bunch and pick the one that works best. A cheapo that works great trumps a higher-priced, name brand that happens to be a shitty one.

I use a triple scorch torch right now. It's the third one I've tried and while it has its quirks it runs pretty well. The others were shitty so I sent them back to Amazon.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
I've had this triple since January and used it nearly every day with my Vapcap. It's had a few issues mainly with the silicone tubing which feeds from the valve to the jets. It gets warm and comes off at the valve end. I pulled the covering cap off and removed the little latch which either locked it on or off as it jammed and I've got a length of tube for the times it pops off, leaving you with a large yellow flame in your hand.
UxLc9wKm.jpg

Windproof, well it sort of is but it's not an easy job using it outdoors. I tried a few times and the slightest breeze pulls the flame over and off the cap. So not to let it beat me I found something else to re-purpose for a new wind shield today. First one I made was SS, the new one was an ally flashlight, they both work a treat the first one went canoeing at the weekend. Still needs a little refining but at least now it's properly windproof.
mnH6HOcm.jpg

hotmeals

Serial vapist
Howdy folks! Today I received one of those Jobon welding torches that have been discussed here and elsewhere. It feels quality, has a nice weight to it. Unfortunately the flame is quite dull compared to the Aomai pistol grip torch and even the Eagle torch I also own. It takes significantly more heating time (and thus butane I assume) to hit my Lotus. I've read good things about these Jobons and I'm pretty sure there were pictures here on FC in which the flame is clearly sharper than mine. What do you guys think? Could I have just gotten a bad one? Or maybe they have changed the torch's design?

hotmeals,

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Any fan of butane vaporizers knows all pocket torches are not created equal. I thought I would share some of my favorites and hopefully discover some new ones.

This is my favorite single jet torch, it is amazing when paired with the Sticky Brick/Junior:

7K9vlwC.jpg

Xing Single Jet

This double jet is small and sleek. I use this one with my VapCaps:

p18DDlY.jpg

Scorch Double Jet

This is my favorite triple jet, it has a triangular pattern, I use it with my VapCaps:

HI7w0rL.jpg

Vertigo Cyclone Triple Jet

Paperback Writer

Im a Rastaman not a Dreadlock
Great suggestion @Vapor_Eyes! Just put in my order recently for my vapcap woody and have been looking for a pocketable sleek torch.

For now I have been rocking Honest Torch that I received with my beloved Lotus
2yxjamc.jpg

2yxjamc.jpg
gULBA

gULBA.jpg

I have had it now with daily use multiple times per day. Just keeps going!

Last edited:
Paperback Writer,
Reactions: Vapor_Eyes
Top Bottom