ChooChooCharlie

Thanks, @whateverman , see where your idea is going, to reduce heat build up. But unfortunately, the pad would not block off the void. Looking for an "iris."

My therapist tells me that our sessions could go on for months. I told him, "great, I love sessions!"

The staff had to take away my toy scissors. Apparently, I kept trying to cut donut shaped rings from a pepsi can.

They tell me the first step is to admit I have a problem. Exactly!! That's what's driving me nuts -- I keep trying to find a solution ...

Perhaps @Pjake summed it up best:

I own a plenty,pax,crafty,enano and mflb. Plenty is awesome at what it does: big loads and massive rips. It is the last vape I reach for when I'm alone and only taking a hit or 2.

CurryLeafTreehugger

@CurryLeafTreehugger :
Hi, you did ask a very good question. It really gets to the heart of the Plenty's design dilemma.

Don't want to speak for Bio, but that comment was probably too easy to resist, like certain politicians are for late night comics. All in good fun, I'm sure.

If your primary intention (God, I sound like Oprah) is short 1-3 draw sessions, at different times thoughout the day ... please do not buy the Plenty. Get an E-nano with a side order or two of Zion, Okin, Daisy, etc.

However, if you are currently holding the Plenty, and get off on its steam-punk form-follows-function geeky design, then let's fix your problem:

In order of ease/effectiveness (in my opinion... don't believe me or anyone - try these out and decide for yourself):

1) Hang it on coffee mug tree I showed a few pages back. Even smallest loads of 0.01g of two little particles will get convected in the "purest" sense. As you draw the cool vapor with no restriction, just imagine your pair of particles doing a micro hot air yogic levitation as they release their cares and trichome egos. (test your Plenty first to verify your production run allows repeated heater cycling when handle switch is continually pressed)

2) Use the screen basket and washer method I described in post above. You do have to be dexterous and "think" and handle pieces upside down when loading. I have bad tremors but even I could do it.

3) Follow advice of Storz-Bickel. Which is: "Fill the damn chamber up and stop your whining. We've got our hands full replacing our battery powered vapes."
No, seriously, they advise using the liquid pad to keep small loads from shifting. Don't think you will be pleased with the results (compared to other vapes w/ same weight load).

Well drat. Though I have nothing to compare it to other than a malfunctioning Firefly so it would HAVE to be better than that.

It'll be at least 3 to 4 weeks before the Firefly comes back (once I've sent it back). I'm going to have to figure SOMETHING out, LOL!

Thanks.

Samlietxh19

I just purchased the plenty. Can it be used for anything non cannabis related? Like can I go into a Vaporwiz and buy liquid for it? And if so what kind? I'm completely new to vapelife

Samlietxh19,

ChooChooCharlie

To be honest, I have no knowledge of anything non cannabis related. It's one of several problems.

But, I do want to bore you all with more pictures. Yay!! Slideshow time!! Popcorn please !!

Decided to think out of the metal box. Wood! Wood won't heat soften the upper chamber!

The new resident on this floor is an idiot - he actually let me join the arts & crafts therapy group.
Wood disks!! Yippee!

Cut out center carefully with guidance from Mr. Sauza. It fits.

Mary Jane here says, "Screw it, hand me my E-Nano -- this is ridiculous!"

Got 3 good rips -- need to pull harder over 15 seconds or so to get good results with this small diameter puck geometric load configuration.

Here's the ABV:

You know what happens in the morning to a coffee table when it sees a cute African wall carving?

Morning Wood !! Look at that grin!

Socks And Sandals

Thank You!

Don't think we need to worry about Markus S. reading this thread. Think only about 3 people even read this thread. We own a dinosaur device. Gonna keep riding my dino, though.

Very surprised at your test results with it hanging and not recycling heater. Very odd.
Do I have a possessed Plenty? Glad I do. I'd take a video but it would be boring as hell.
Love to hear results of test from the other person among us three that read this thread and own a Plenty.

With the iso wash vs PBW: When I read that instruction about leaving it in jar filled with iso, but I didn't want to waste a whole jar - that's why I gravitated toward using mini stoppers and shaking it with the coarse salt to add some mechanical cleaning action during the salsa shake. Then started reading about the magic powers of PBW. Figured if home brewers like yourself use it, must be good, eh? And judging by that brown goo that dripped out, think it did its job well.

Not aware of that show you mentioned. I'm an old fart. Thanks again for the time and trouble!!
FC members are great helping others out like this, and I appreciate it Socks!!

Sorry it's been a while and I've been busy researching the perfect E cigarette for me to quit smoking tobacco and I decided on the Ego One Mega by Joytech. It should be coming on tuesday!

Not sure if Markus or Jurgen come here or not but I'm sure they would be interested in some of these mods! :nod:

The show I mentioned is actually one of the more original shows on TV, I've seen since Breaking Bad. I really dig it. The thing is I really don't watch much TV at all anymore besides just recently Breaking Bad, Sons Of Anarchy, Walking Dead, Game of Thrones and maybe a few others. I'm 41 and I enjoy it so maybe look into it if you get a chance!

I also saw your pics of the plenty and I'm beginning to have issues with small amounts and to be honest.. I am beginning to feel that maybe I should have looked into the Mighty instead. It seems I am going through nearly a double amount of herb I do when I combust. And sadly.. I've been combusting a lot lately because I have to visit my dispensary nearly every week to purchase another 1/4 for $70.

Now that I have some time, I'm finally going to read this entire thread and pick up on any hints and tips I can find. I'm also going to send my plenty in because I'm also having problems with the cooling coil getting really hot all the way up to the mouthpiece and I still feel as if that's related to the change in temps and calibration of that needle that still sets at 110F.

Also I saw your new mod! I'll be back to give my thoughts on that later!

@ChooChooCharlie
@Socks And Sandals

When I clean my vape stuff, Plenty coil included, I use a large mason jar full of ISO.
I use the jar for cleaning all my used vape accessories.
That brown goo is full of goodies still!!

Once the ISO turns a nice dark color I strain into a large flat plate and allow to evaporate for a week or so.
You will be left with a brown goop that you can scrape up and store in a small jar.

A drop or two of that oil on the oil pad with bud underneath will take you to a new level!! And all for free!!

Mine usually tastes pretty good with an almost sweet taste and an awesome high!

I use the same method only with an old tall glass that the entire Plenty coil is able to be submerged. I let it sit overnight and after 2 months of use (although not everyday) I got a medium brown amber color left over. Unfortunately for me.. I already dumped it down my toilet but maybe next time I'll try this.

What kind of a strainer and mesh size did you use? When you say a plate, do you mean a regular ceramic plate or a paper plate? I'm pretty sure you meant the former here?

Also does this smell? My GF doesn't even want me to make brownies with my AVP when I'm ready after my first attempt at cannabutter left our entire house smelling. In other words, is this really worth the trouble? After hearing what you wrote above and if it really takes me to "Another Level" I'm definitely going to give this a shot!:tup:

ChooChooCharlie

@ChooChooCharlie

how do you feel it improves the efficiency of the Plenty?
what's up with that creepy doll? it looks like it has Dybbuk.

You stumped me. Had to google Dybbuk. (raised in white bread suburbia)
Very apt, it is a creepy thing, had belonged to my grandmother.
Thought she looked both baked and annoyed.

As for the altered chamber in the Dybbuk's lap, remember to use screen like I had in first iteration with steel washer. The thin wood disk is white birch I believe, like in tongue depressors and popsicle sticks.

First couple hits really tasted like popsicle stick. Then felt it necessary to do sustained testing.
Did six - eight (lost count) back to back mini loads, and think the birch taste subsided.
Not really sure though. Not a really good taster. (I can hear the groans of the experienced vaporists)

I did get really good at emptying/reloading. Have good tips if interested. But can't honestly believe anyone would bother to try this craziness.

Personally, I find the constant reloading to be a PIA.
Yes, efficiency improves.

But, @Socks And Sandals , given your transitional state, hate to hear you backsliding due to excess usage with Plenty. Terrible. Rather see you selling/trading to another vape. The log vapes look beautiful with @Snappo wood. Your girlfriend would dig it more than the black and orange beast.
Small hits "by design." No goofy popsicle tasting mods needed!

Envious of your purchase prices. Been going through about $800/month. 400 per z here, not consistent either. Last was only 16g and two different buds in bag. Not going back out of principle. When I sell this damn house, I'll move west.

Saw promos for the Robot show. Looks good.

T Break time.

whateverman

@ChooChooCharlie Good luck on your T-break! Mr. Robot looks good, they talk a lot about computers. If you know anything about it, you'll get a little cringy.

Did six - eight (lost count) back to back mini loads

I feel that since you had to load 6-8 mini chambers, and two seconds later you are reminded of the prices, it's still not efficient enough for our needs. People say that 2-3 log vape loads make them baked like mama's cookies. Besides, if you take these six-eight loads and gather them to one big Plenty load, the way god and S&B intended, and get higher? I mean, I thought that it's better to get hit by 1 train than to get hit by 5 cars:

Last edited:

Pjake

It's all in the reflexes.
You stumped me. Had to google Dybbuk. (raised in white bread suburbia)
Very apt, it is a creepy thing, had belonged to my grandmother.
Thought she looked both baked and annoyed.

As for the altered chamber in the Dybbuk's lap, remember to use screen like I had in first iteration with steel washer. The thin wood disk is white birch I believe, like in tongue depressors and popsicle sticks.

First couple hits really tasted like popsicle stick. Then felt it necessary to do sustained testing.
Did six - eight (lost count) back to back mini loads, and think the birch taste subsided.
Not really sure though. Not a really good taster. (I can hear the groans of the experienced vaporists)

I did get really good at emptying/reloading. Have good tips if interested. But can't honestly believe anyone would bother to try this craziness.

Personally, I find the constant reloading to be a PIA.
Yes, efficiency improves.

But, @Socks And Sandals , given your transitional state, hate to hear you backsliding due to excess usage with Plenty. Terrible. Rather see you selling/trading to another vape. The log vapes look beautiful with @Snappo wood. Your girlfriend would dig it more than the black and orange beast.

Envious of your purchase prices. Been going through about $800/month. 400 per z here, not consistent either. Last was only 16g and two different buds in bag. Not going back out of principle. When I sell this damn house, I'll move west.

T Break time.
Please be careful with the wood inserts. I'm not sure how healthy it is. It may be perfectly safe. I honestly don't know. I just remember distilling wood in science class and some of the oil produced being toxic. I love my plenty but it's just not a small session vaporizer. I would hate to see anyone hurting their health in an attempt to turn it in to one.

lazylathe

Almost there...
I use the same method only with an old tall glass that the entire Plenty coil is able to be submerged. I let it sit overnight and after 2 months of use (although not everyday) I got a medium brown amber color left over. Unfortunately for me.. I already dumped it down my toilet but maybe next time I'll try this.

What kind of a strainer and mesh size did you use? When you say a plate, do you mean a regular ceramic plate or a paper plate? I'm pretty sure you meant the former here?

Also does this smell? My GF doesn't even want me to make brownies with my AVP when I'm ready after my first attempt at cannabutter left our entire house smelling. In other words, is this really worth the trouble? After hearing what you wrote above and if it really takes me to "Another Level" I'm definitely going to give this a shot!:tup:

I strain using an unbleached coffee filter, or as many as it takes as the get clogged quite easily.
As for the plate i use a square Pyrex dish to evaporate the liquid in.

It does smell quite a bit when evaporating as you are evaporating alcohol.
I either do it in my garage or outside, just cover the plate with some clean paper towels and allow to evaporate. Depending on amount of liquid it could take a few days, a fan blowing on it speeds up the process.

I usually leave the goo alone for a few days before scraping it up just to be sure all the alcohol has evaporated.
Scrape and store in a small container and add to anything you are going to vape!
A drop on some bud or a drop on some hemp/cotton works very nicely!

A tip for you!
Use Virgin coconut oil, your ABV and a small crock/sauce pot.
Fill pot with a jar of coconut oil, add ABV and simmer for as long as you want.
I sometimes add some fresh bud to the mix or hash if i feel like it, just to spice it up a bit!
Strain using cheese cloth and really squeeze the ABV to get all the oil out.
Now make your favourite brownie recipe and enjoy!
Great smell and they will be the best brownies you have ever made!!
No weed smell at all!!!

Socks And Sandals

T Break time.

Thanks for the concern Charlie! Believe me I'm concerned too because I actually thought vaping would cut down my cost by being "herb efficient" but apparently I haven't seen it with my first easy vape or with the Plenty. I'm not giving up yet and decided to give it another week or 2 with my plenty before sending it back in.

Yes I've been combusting.. :ugh: and in our bathroom with the ceiling fan on using the old tried and true paper towel tube and fabric softener. The only smell that escapes is whatever leaks from my bowl when I take the palm of my hand off it after pulling the carb. If I was really paranoid of the neighbors I would turn on the hot shower as well but that exhaust fan sucks everything out the roof anyhow. I guess a big part of me still misses it since it really is such a more intense high in comparison in my opinion. That's not to say I haven't been intensely high from my Plenty before because I have and I love it to death as well. The problem I've been having is that the coil is getting hot all the way to my mouthpiece and lips.... EVERY SINGLE TIME almost. It's not burning to the point I have to pull it away from my lips but it's getting close.

I had to google what a log vape was because I honestly didn't have a clue.. It looks like they are all made of wood and usually have smaller bowl sizes. Would this really be a better alternative than the Mighty?

My girlfriend doesn't mind the orange and black beast but you're right.. she probably would prefer the log vape since she somehow thinks our cat is going to sneak into my room and burn himself on my Plenty Coil! :doh:

I had no idea you were paying that much for herb while going through $800 a month. My heart goes out to you and I wish there was something I could do on my end but unfortunately there isn't. Where are you from again? MMJ Licensed state? On average an OZ out here in Cali is between $260 and $290, our quarters are 70 and are Eighth's are 35 to 40 on average would be my best guess.

Now please believe me when I say this.. When I used to combust (before getting my Plenty) 1/4OZ would last me a month usually out of my glass spoon. When I used my bong (even with a glass screen) It would last a tad bit less. Keep in mind this is daily smoking.. usually 2 sessions in the evenings about an hour apart from each other. Now when I vape daily, 1/4 OZ last me about a week.. I could only assume if I can cut back to just the weekends (Friday and Saturday Nights) that would help a lot but the thing is I'm still working on that and it's harder now since I don't take Trazadone for my insomnia any longer.

The Robot show is about a hacker who suffers from hallucinations and is clearly going through a major psychosis. The premise of the show is about taking down a corporation that is responsible for 70% of the word's debt along with the 1% that supposedly controls the world through the world's richest Corporations. It digs pretty deep into issues and I think you might like it.

@ChooChooCharlie Good luck on your T-break! Mr. Robot looks good, they talk a lot about computers. If you know anything about it, you'll get a little cringy.

I feel that since you had to load 6-8 mini chambers, and two seconds later you are reminded of the prices, it's still not efficient enough for our needs. People say that 2-3 log vape loads make them baked like mama's cookies. Besides, if you take these six-eight loads and gather them to one big Plenty load, the way god and S&B intended, and get higher? I mean, I thought that it's better to get hit by 1 train than to get hit by 5 cars:

Have you ever been able to get any Concentrates to work in the Plenty? I was never able to.. Either that or they just don't affect me while flower still does.. as strange as that might sound. Let me know if you have or do!!!

I strain using an unbleached coffee filter, or as many as it takes as the get clogged quite easily.
As for the plate i use a square Pyrex dish to evaporate the liquid in.

It does smell quite a bit when evaporating as you are evaporating alcohol.
I either do it in my garage or outside, just cover the plate with some clean paper towels and allow to evaporate. Depending on amount of liquid it could take a few days, a fan blowing on it speeds up the process.

I usually leave the goo alone for a few days before scraping it up just to be sure all the alcohol has evaporated.
Scrape and store in a small container and add to anything you are going to vape!
A drop on some bud or a drop on some hemp/cotton works very nicely!

A tip for you!
Use Virgin coconut oil, your ABV and a small crock/sauce pot.
Fill pot with a jar of coconut oil, add ABV and simmer for as long as you want.
I sometimes add some fresh bud to the mix or hash if i feel like it, just to spice it up a bit!
Strain using cheese cloth and really squeeze the ABV to get all the oil out.
Now make your favourite brownie recipe and enjoy!
Great smell and they will be the best brownies you have ever made!!
No weed smell at all!!!

Thank you SO MUCH FOR THAT!!! If for some reason you can remember and if it isn't any trouble.. I would love to see some pics next time you strain your coil!

And thanks for the tip on the brownies. I've seen youtube recipe videos of brownies with regular butter, Canola Oil and... Coconut oil! Perhaps you could help me out if I have any questions once I get around to it? It will be in the appropriate sub forums so It should be easy to find.

My only question.. are you sure this stuff is safe? I use 91% Iso.. would this still be safe if I was using Ethanol? Just really curious about this part.

Thanks man!

Last edited:

ChooChooCharlie

Socks,
sounds like you do indeed have a faulty Plenty.
Not supposed to overheat as you described.

I intentionally used the term "log vapes" rather than a specific manufacturer.
Realized I shouldn't suggest e-nano vs hi vs underdog etc. Trying to self-mod my posts -- newbies make mistakes. This rich and valuable resource we love with the foul mouthed name deserves respect.

On point, my previous mention of "prices" was inappropriate. I'm in CT. Couldn't help myself when I read about the low costs out there. But, I can afford it. No sympathy required, it's my own choice for an expensive "hobby."

Socks And Sandals

Socks,
sounds like you do indeed have a faulty Plenty.
Not supposed to overheat as you described.

I intentionally used the term "log vapes" rather than a specific manufacturer.
Realized I shouldn't suggest e-nano vs hi vs underdog etc. Trying to self-mod my posts -- newbies make mistakes. This rich and valuable resource we love with the foul mouthed name deserves respect.

On point, my previous mention of "prices" was inappropriate. I'm in CT. Couldn't help myself when I read about the low costs out there. But, I can afford it. No sympathy required, it's my own choice for an expensive "hobby."

It gets hot at the mouthpiece and I have no idea why. Sure the thing still works and I was getting some nice clouds out of it just yesterday. My biggest fear is that I get it back from them with a message saying nothing is wrong and it's the same unit they are returning to me.. probably damaged or scratched as well. :uhoh:

I've been so busy I still haven't had the time to read this thread yet. Do you remember anyone in this thread mentioning how to conserve herb with this 1gram plus chamber of a beast? I will admit I never load up anything less than a 0.3 into this thing as anything less doesn't fully cover the screen. I'll be honest, I usually am loading up 0.5 all the time and it just doesn't feel as if I'm getting the most out of my bud.

I'm honestly seriously considering going back to smoking. I can't afford to vape anymore. It seems like everyone on this site is constantly saying "Vaping makes your herb last longer"... well, I'm not seeing it. I originally wanted to do what was best for my health but I'm more concerned with it costing me twice as much a month as when I used to combust.

I'm not sure if it's the Plenty, My tolerance, my technique or what but I can't keep doing this anymore. I want to like the Vape High more than smoking but I'll be honest.. I don't think I do. I'm going to keep at it a few more months and do my best not to combust. The next order of business is to decide on keeping the Plenty, or selling it for an E Nano or the Mighty. I really thought the Mighty would be herb efficient but I need to look into it some more.

Not only that, My new Santa Cruz Shredder is getting dirty and I have no idea how to clean it. I"m honestly not happy with the grind in that thing as even the stock S & B plastic grinder can get it much finer than this.

I hate to be so negative about all this and to be honest I haven't smoked or vaped in 3 days. Maybe I should start trying to smoke only on Friday and Saturday? If I can do that I wouldn't mind putting my usual half a gram into the plenty since it's only 2 days out of the week and not seven.

@Socks And Sandals I don't have any experience with liquids/oil/wax or anything other than herbs.

Thanks for getting back to me on this.

Here is a little secret though.. Concentrates don't work in the plenty.. I've tried 5 or 6 times and will never try again. If you get them to work let me know bud.

Socks And Sandals,

whateverman

@Socks And Sandals @ChooChooCharlie
I had made up my mind about the Plenty: I don't think it's a good vaporizer. In a matter of fact, this is a BAD vaporizer - It's wasteful, ineffective and inefficient, giving an overall unsatisfactory experience.

I cannot think of a way to recommend this vape to another person - unless it's your goal to go through lots of material in a short period of time.

I actually feel bad about selling it to another person because I truly believe this is a worthless device.

S&B's attitude towards it's costumers is horrific. This company has a strict "we don't give a fuck about people who paid hundreds of dollars for our shitty vaporizers" policy.

Thanks a lot S&B for the worst device I have ever bought.

whateverman,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
When I had issues a few years ago they were awesome. Sent me free replacement parts, fully covered costs and shipping, were responsive, etc.

Each their own, and i nmy $.02 it is great for what it does- which can rip with minimal restriction. For me, as a smoker it was enough of a lung buster for me to give up combustion forever. This was THE vape that did it for me and was my only for 2 years. Prices be damned, giving up combustion and cigs is the best thing I have ever done for myself. After I got through that, I found other devices more efficient but they don't do it for me in the same way.

Pjake

It's all in the reflexes.
When I had issues a few years ago they were awesome. Sent me free replacement parts, fully covered costs and shipping, were responsive, etc.

Each their own, and i nmy $.02 it is great for what it does- which can rip with minimal restriction. For me, as a smoker it was enough of a lung buster for me to give up combustion forever. This was THE vape that did it for me and was my only for 2 years. Prices be damned, giving up combustion and cigs is the best thing I have ever done for myself. After I got through that, I found other devices more efficient but they don't do it for me in the same way.
You hit the nail on the head man. Plenty gives massive rips. I used mine to transition as well because I needed the lung busters. I have since changed to a more efficient device. I break the plenty out for groups of 3 or more only now.

Michel

It gets hot at the mouthpiece and I have no idea why. Sure the thing still works and I was getting some nice clouds out of it just yesterday. My biggest fear is that I get it back from them with a message saying nothing is wrong and it's the same unit they are returning to me.. probably damaged or scratched as well. :uhoh:

I've been so busy I still haven't had the time to read this thread yet. Do you remember anyone in this thread mentioning how to conserve herb with this 1gram plus chamber of a beast? I will admit I never load up anything less than a 0.3 into this thing as anything less doesn't fully cover the screen. I'll be honest, I usually am loading up 0.5 all the time and it just doesn't feel as if I'm getting the most out of my bud.

I'm honestly seriously considering going back to smoking. I can't afford to vape anymore. It seems like everyone on this site is constantly saying "Vaping makes your herb last longer"... well, I'm not seeing it. I originally wanted to do what was best for my health but I'm more concerned with it costing me twice as much a month as when I used to combust.

I'm not sure if it's the Plenty, My tolerance, my technique or what but I can't keep doing this anymore. I want to like the Vape High more than smoking but I'll be honest.. I don't think I do. I'm going to keep at it a few more months and do my best not to combust. The next order of business is to decide on keeping the Plenty, or selling it for an E Nano or the Mighty. I really thought the Mighty would be herb efficient but I need to look into it some more.

Not only that, My new Santa Cruz Shredder is getting dirty and I have no idea how to clean it. I"m honestly not happy with the grind in that thing as even the stock S & B plastic grinder can get it much finer than this.

I hate to be so negative about all this and to be honest I haven't smoked or vaped in 3 days. Maybe I should start trying to smoke only on Friday and Saturday? If I can do that I wouldn't mind putting my usual half a gram into the plenty since it's only 2 days out of the week and not seven.

Thanks for getting back to me on this.

Here is a little secret though.. Concentrates don't work in the plenty.. I've tried 5 or 6 times and will never try again. If you get them to work let me know bud.

I went through a similar story: I started vaping 2013 with a volcano. The day I received it I went through 28g of high quality amnesia haze in 1 day with my wife's support. I felt only a slight buzz and combusted again the same day. Really disappointed about a 500€ unit being less effective than a pack of OCB Papers for 1.30€.

A few weeks later I tried to quit tobacco again and vaped for 2-3 weeks exclusively since I paid some cash for the volcano experience. I bought a MFLB in this period as portable which was another but less costly mistake. What can I say, I combusted again until I saw the crafty a year later and (apart from the shitty housing and the short battery life), it is a game changer (for me), made me stop smoking nearly entirely the first day I hit it. Still combusted when friends where around or I needed some nicotine but the taste became more and more awful. I used still a high amount of material since I was craving for tobacco, but consumption dropped over time from combusting 5g a day to vapping 2g today.

After a month or 2 of vapping exclusively I visited a friend of mine who I had lent my volcano to. After one bowl (3-4 bags) I was to high to drive home on my own which doesn't happen often... I sold it anyways but this is another story.

Don't give up the fight!

A grinder get's dirty which is absolutely normal. Clean it with ISO if it's entirely made of aluminum.
I never cleaned mine because it has a window made of epoxy. I could use a hot water bath with a drop of cleaning solution but I never felt it was necessary. I just don't spill it like crazy to prevent trichomes falling everywhere in the rims and I use a brush from time to time. I emptied the trichome reservoir at the bottom several times already because it was full to the top and I already thought about buying a new one because my sharpstone isn't really sharp anymore, but the volcano grinder lost already a few dents and I can't even turn it because it's so sticky.
If you ever buy a mighty, nano or even a pax or solo, you'll see a very fine grind is only good for a MFLB and

Socks And Sandals

@Socks And Sandals @ChooChooCharlie
I had made up my mind about the Plenty: I don't think it's a good vaporizer. In a matter of fact, this is a BAD vaporizer - It's wasteful, ineffective and inefficient, giving an overall unsatisfactory experience.

I cannot think of a way to recommend this vape to another person - unless it's your goal to go through lots of material in a short period of time.

I actually feel bad about selling it to another person because I truly believe this is a worthless device.

S&B's attitude towards it's costumers is horrific. This company has a strict "we don't give a fuck about people who paid hundreds of dollars for our shitty vaporizers" policy.

Thanks a lot S&B for the worst device I have ever bought.

Wasteful, maybe? Inefficient, maybe?

Ineffective is where I don't agree with you. No matter how many times I've used this Vape with at least a 0.3 or higher.. I've always felt something from it and have always got decent sized clouds of vapor compared to my horrible Eazy Vape.

I can't comment on their customer service but I'll let you know after I send my plenty in. I'm going to tell them outright... My Plenty hasn't performed the same since the needle started to rest at 110F while completely powered off instead of 100F where it originally was during my first month of ownership. I'm also going to tell them that the cooling coil is also now getting hot all the way to the mouthpiece to the point where I have to remove my lips immediately. And finally, I'm also going to tell them and insist on a brand new unit. If they send me back the same unit I probably won't be doing business with them again.. despite the fact I still want to eventually look into a Mighty and Volcano from them in the not to distant future.

I honestly don't think I want to sell it in order to get a Mighty or E Nano because it still works flawlessly with a half a gram to a full gram in there for 3 or 4 people.

I went through a similar story: I started vaping 2013 with a volcano. The day I received it I went through 28g of high quality amnesia haze in 1 day with my wife's support. I felt only a slight buzz and combusted again the same day. Really disappointed about a 500€ unit being less effective than a pack of OCB Papers for 1.30€.

Wow!?! 28 grams in an entire day? Forgive my ignorance but was this your very first vaping experience? My first experience vaping was with an easy vape and my experience was very similar to yours but only with about a full gram. I'll be honest.. this is disheartening to me because I really am interested in the Volcano. Thank you for your opinion.

A few weeks later I tried to quit tobacco again and vaped for 2-3 weeks exclusively since I paid some cash for the volcano experience. I bought a MFLB in this period as portable which was another but less costly mistake. What can I say, I combusted again until I saw the crafty a year later and (apart from the shitty housing and the short battery life), it is a game changer (for me), made me stop smoking nearly entirely the first day I hit it. Still combusted when friends where around or I needed some nicotine but the taste became more and more awful. I used still a high amount of material since I was craving for tobacco, but consumption dropped over time from combusting 5g a day to vapping 2g today.

Ok I'm a little confused.. After getting the MFLB you still weren't getting a worthy high from vaping and went back to combusting herb? Also are you talking about putting tobacco in your Crafty or herb? So you're saying the Crafty is good since it was such a "game changer" for you and got you to stop combusting herb? I'm sorry for the confusion but you did mention both tobacco and herb here. Please explain.. I want to hear more!

After a month or 2 of vapping exclusively I visited a friend of mine who I had lent my volcano to. After one bowl (3-4 bags) I was to high to drive home on my own which doesn't happen often... I sold it anyways but this is another story.

Don't give up the fight!

That's awesome man! I'm just curious why you still sold it after visiting your friend?

A grinder get's dirty which is absolutely normal. Clean it with ISO if it's entirely made of aluminum.
I never cleaned mine because it has a window made of epoxy. I could use a hot water bath with a drop of cleaning solution but I never felt it was necessary. I just don't spill it like crazy to prevent trichomes falling everywhere in the rims and I use a brush from time to time. I emptied the trichome reservoir at the bottom several times already because it was full to the top and I already thought about buying a new one because my sharpstone isn't really sharp anymore, but the volcano grinder lost already a few dents and I can't even turn it because it's so sticky.
If you ever buy a mighty, nano or even a pax or solo, you'll see a very fine grind is only good for a MFLB and

I just bought a SCS and it seems that ever since I first started grinding "UPSIDE DOWN" It has really been getting really dirty on the outer rim of the top piece and the inner rim of the bottom teeth. This has to be the reason because when I first got my SCS for the first week I grinded right side up and it never got dirty like this.

I honestly think grinding upside down has everything to do with this and I plan on posting back in the Herb Grinders thread really soon.

I was concerned about Iso eating away at the anodized finish. Are you pretty sure this wont discolor my matte green SCS?

I also use a brush "Everytime". Everytime I grind, I brush the top teeth section into the bottom teeth section and then I brush what's left in the bottom teeth section through the holes into the herb chamber. I then put it all back together again and tap the top of my SCS with the palm of my hand several times before removing the bottom teeth section to scoop my grinded bud into the plenty bowl using my dab tool (not my fingers).

Then I take the same brush (It's the brush that came with my plenty and I love this thing) and very lightly brush the herb chamber and the screen to brush out the remaining fine dust from the chamber and top of the screen into my plenty bowl.

Finally before screwing anything back together I lightly brush the threads (inside and out) as well.

The reason why I do all this is because I couldn't stand it when my S&B plastic grinder got grunged up every week to the point of having to clean it or else it won't turn at all. I know the SCS isn't going to gunk up like that but I'd rather keep in clean before it even gets to that point. Do you think I'm too OCD when it comes to keeping it clean?

Let me know what you think!

Last edited:

Socks And Sandals

Charlie... where are ya bud? LOL

I'm not going to sell my Plenty.. I love the thing!!! It just seems to me as if smaller loads don't perform the same. I would love to hear how you got this to work if you find the time.

Anyhow I'm sending it in tomorrow. I'll let you know how it all goes. This reinforces the idea I had that this hasn't been right since that dial now rests on 110F instead of 100F.

I've been looking into the Vaper Xhale, the E Nano, Mighty, and still the Volcano. Either way.. I've decided not to sell my Plenty.

Why? Because with a .5 or more in there.. You get some nice clouds and powerful vapor out of it! The quality of the vapor is worth keeping this thing. :leaf::rockon::tup:

Socks And Sandals

@Socks And Sandals No doubt about it, the vapor tastes wonderful. If you're abundant in herb, use it.

I totally agree with you on the lack of efficiency as well as having to use an abundant amount of herb. I'm pretty much broke these days and something more efficient like an Enano or even a Mighty would be a better call for me.

I guess I feel sentimental about this device because it was my first real vaporizer that actually worked. I certainly can't count my easy vape.... Hell I can't even get rid of it! LOL!! I dunno man, I'm going to try to keep it and get the Nano or Mighty in addition to it. The only thing I despise about the E nano is having to stir the herb. I guess that's a small price to pay for the most efficient herbal vape on the market right?

Michel

Wasteful, maybe? Inefficient, maybe?

Ineffective is where I don't agree with you. No matter how many times I've used this Vape with at least a 0.3 or higher.. I've always felt something from it and have always got decent sized clouds of vapor compared to my horrible Eazy Vape.

I can't comment on their customer service but I'll let you know after I send my plenty in. I'm going to tell them outright... My Plenty hasn't performed the same since the needle started to rest at 110F while completely powered off instead of 100F where it originally was during my first month of ownership. I'm also going to tell them that the cooling coil is also now getting hot all the way to the mouthpiece to the point where I have to remove my lips immediately. And finally, I'm also going to tell them and insist on a brand new unit. If they send me back the same unit I probably won't be doing business with them again.. despite the fact I still want to eventually look into a Mighty and Volcano from them in the not to distant future.

I honestly don't think I want to sell it in order to get a Mighty or E Nano because it still works flawlessly with a half a gram to a full gram in there for 3 or 4 people.
I just bought a SCS and it seems that ever since I first started grinding "UPSIDE DOWN" It has really been getting really dirty on the outer rim of the top piece and the inner rim of the bottom teeth. This has to be the reason because when I first got my SCS for the first week I grinded right side up and it never got dirty like this.

I honestly think grinding upside down has everything to do with this and I plan on posting back in the Herb Grinders thread really soon.

I was concerned about Iso eating away at the anodized finish. Are you pretty sure this wont discolor my matte green SCS?

I also use a brush "Everytime". Everytime I grind, I brush the top teeth section into the bottom teeth section and then I brush what's left in the bottom teeth section through the holes into the herb chamber. I then put it all back together again and tap the top of my SCS with the palm of my hand several times before removing the bottom teeth section to scoop my grinded bud into the plenty bowl using my dab tool (not my fingers).

Then I take the same brush (It's the brush that came with my plenty and I love this thing) and very lightly brush the herb chamber and the screen to brush out the remaining fine dust from the chamber and top of the screen into my plenty bowl.

Finally before screwing anything back together I lightly brush the threads (inside and out) as well.

The reason why I do all this is because I couldn't stand it when my S&B plastic grinder got grunged up every week to the point of having to clean it or else it won't turn at all. I know the SCS isn't going to gunk up like that but I'd rather keep in clean before it even gets to that point. Do you think I'm too OCD when it comes to keeping it clean?

Wow!?! 28 grams in an entire day? Forgive my ignorance but was this your very first vaping experience? My first experience vaping was with an easy vape and my experience was very similar to yours but only with about a full gram. I'll be honest.. this is disheartening to me because I really am interested in the Volcano. Thank you for your opinion.

I had a high tolerance and the volcano wasn't the right vape for me: IMO very uplifting vape signature (lack of strong body effects), the bag system, it's noisy and I didn't want to have such a giant thing in the living room on the table the whole day... Just not for me! It was my very first vape and I didn't knew nothing about vaporization apart what's in the volcano manual and it has to be healthier than smoking. I definitely felt a strong buzz but not enough to keep me away from combustion. So I still combusted exclusively for at least half a year.

Ok I'm a little confused.. After getting the MFLB you still weren't getting a worthy high from vaping and went back to combusting herb?

Exactly! To be honest, the MFLB helped me a little to discover another type of vaporizer. More conduction, smaller, a little like an e-pipe. The whole ritual about it was more enjoyable to me. It wasn't the right vape for me neither: it took 1h, a full bowl of pure kief and 3-4 batteries to get me where I wanted to be. So I purchased the heaviest hitting "e-pipe-like" vape I found: the crafty! Converted me the same day I got it without a tolerance break or anything. I still felt the lack of combustion/tobacco the first month anyways since my brain was trained for years to enjoy this nasty burnt taste like ash. But I resisted (most time) and after 2 months I couldn't even imagine to smoke a joint
again and I don't smoke cigarrettes anyways.

Also are you talking about putting tobacco in your Crafty or herb?

No, I tried this once for science and it tastes ugly IMO. I really don't think it's necessary since I'm not addicted to nicotine and combustion anymore.

So you're saying the Crafty is good since it was such a "game changer" for you and got you to stop combusting herb? I'm sorry for the confusion but you did mention both tobacco and herb here. Please explain.. I want to hear more!

The crafty was a game changer for me, totally true. But the battery is so weak I purchased the mighty within the next month to keep me away from combusting even when the battery is empty. The crafty hasn't a charge-through and at the time I made my purchase I didn't knew this since there was some misinformation at this time.

That's awesome man! I'm just curious why you still sold it after visiting your friend?

Like I wrote above, the volcano just wasn't for me even when I could finally enjoy the effects.

Yes I'm really sure the anodized finish won't get hurt. Just make sure there isn't any plastics on the grinder (like a plastic ring around the kief sieve or something similar.)

Btw, the S&B grinder has a bottom and a top part, too. If you want a clean grinder as long as possible you should use it with the compartment (the clear plastic lid) on the bottom. Just use it in a way where trichomes can't fall in any rims but are kept in the grinder.

Honestly, I clean my sharpstone with kief collector every two weeks or once in a month. When I'm traveling I often use the S&B grinder which I have to clean after every use since I don't wan't to loose a high amount of kief.

Excuse the unusual format of this post and the long time I took to write my answer but I lost this long text (or something corresponding) just before posting thanks to the ios9 update shutting my device down while I was still typing.

Socks And Sandals

I had a high tolerance and the volcano wasn't the right vape for me: IMO very uplifting vape signature (lack of strong body effects), the bag system, it's noisy and I didn't want to have such a giant thing in the living room on the table the whole day... Just not for me! It was my very first vape and I didn't knew nothing about vaporization apart what's in the volcano manual and it has to be healthier than smoking. I definitely felt a strong buzz but not enough to keep me away from combustion. So I still combusted exclusively for at least half a year.

Ok I'm a little confused.. After getting the MFLB you still weren't getting a worthy high from vaping and went back to combusting herb?

Exactly! To be honest, the MFLB helped me a little to discover another type of vaporizer. More conduction, smaller, a little like an e-pipe. The whole ritual about it was more enjoyable to me. It wasn't the right vape for me neither: it took 1h, a full bowl of pure kief and 3-4 batteries to get me where I wanted to be. So I purchased the heaviest hitting "e-pipe-like" vape I found: the crafty! Converted me the same day I got it without a tolerance break or anything. I still felt the lack of combustion/tobacco the first month anyways since my brain was trained for years to enjoy this nasty burnt taste like ash. But I resisted (most time) and after 2 months I couldn't even imagine to smoke a joint
again and I don't smoke cigarrettes anyways.

Also are you talking about putting tobacco in your Crafty or herb?

No, I tried this once for science and it tastes ugly IMO. I really don't think it's necessary since I'm not addicted to nicotine and combustion anymore.

So you're saying the Crafty is good since it was such a "game changer" for you and got you to stop combusting herb? I'm sorry for the confusion but you did mention both tobacco and herb here. Please explain.. I want to hear more!

The crafty was a game changer for me, totally true. But the battery is so weak I purchased the mighty within the next month to keep me away from combusting even when the battery is empty. The crafty hasn't a charge-through and at the time I made my purchase I didn't knew this since there was some misinformation at this time.

Like I wrote above, the volcano just wasn't for me even when I could finally enjoy the effects.

Yes I'm really sure the anodized finish won't get hurt. Just make sure there isn't any plastics on the grinder (like a plastic ring around the kief sieve or something similar.)

Btw, the S&B grinder has a bottom and a top part, too. If you want a clean grinder as long as possible you should use it with the compartment (the clear plastic lid) on the bottom. Just use it in a way where trichomes can't fall in any rims but are kept in the grinder.

Honestly, I clean my sharpstone with kief collector every two weeks or once in a month. When I'm traveling I often use the S&B grinder which I have to clean after every use since I don't wan't to loose a high amount of kief.

Excuse the unusual format of this post and the long time I took to write my answer but I lost this long text (or something corresponding) just before posting thanks to the ios9 update shutting my device down while I was still typing.

It was my fault for replying like that and quoting in a different color text. For me this has always been easier rather than quoting your post and constantly having to scroll up to reply to points. Don't worry though.. I won't be doing any more of that and my apologies to you if it made things difficult to reply to.

Thanks for clearing up things and don't worry about getting back late. I'm a very busy man myself and can barely find the time to post here every week.. much less on a daily basis! :shrug:

For me the biggest problem with quitting combusting (cigarettes were easy for me because I quit before cold turkey 3 times and each time was almost a 3 year span) is with Cannabis not tobacco. I'll be honest, I just wanted to see what the whole vaping phenomena was all about and of course I'm using e juice as an excuse to kick the habit and it's been working! Only problem now is I think I enjoy this Pineapple/mango ejuice so much It might be hard to give up the ecig juice habit now haha. The reason why it's difficult for me is I just like the stoney head high of combustion and I'm still getting used to the vape high myself. I know how some say the cannabis vape high is kind of like a half high and I kinda see it to a degree but as far as I'm concerned.. I'm doing this for my health and If I can't learn to love and appreciate the Cannabis Vapor high as opposed to combustion I might as well give up Marijuana for my Insomnia all together. But I have to be honest with myself that's not going to happen haha!

Again thanks for clearing things up and for letting me know that Iso isn't going to hurt the finish!

Top Bottom