• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

ChooChooCharlie

[PBW] ... I'm assuming this is used in place of your iso and salt method? Or is this in addition to all that?
Yeah, gonna give PBW a shot. Seems to get raves on other threads here. Brush came, but no good. Goes in maybe four inches and gets stuck. Thought I was gonna have a "DOH!" moment, but got it out. Probably trying for cleaning perfection when it's a fool's errand. (Just my line of work)

I swear I almost got the mighty.. and find it hilarious how you refer to your crafty as a Plenty lite! :ko:
Yup, now I've gotten into this wide open cool vapor stream of Plenty. Like I said in post above, less dense than Crafty with equally timed draw, but it's a different experience. Maybe "liberating" would describe my own experience using Plenty. No more peeking at the LED or pressing that button to restart timer. Liberating. No more loading a second bowl cause first just didn't do it for me. Liberating.

Don't get me wrong. I love the Crafty. But will only put up with a portable vape when I'm out, the way the good lord intended. I was an idiot thinking I could use a vape like Crafty the way I was. 100 hours in less than two months. What did I expect? Well, S-B replaced mine twice, second one only had around 30 hours. This third one I'm treating with kid gloves. Only seven hours in a month.

Old wood shop teacher used to say we must use the proper tool for the job.
My bad.

@Socks And Sandals : Just figured out why the herb particles did not get disturbed much. Think I did anyway, really need member like @OF to verify my reasoning. Was staring at the profile of my rig, focusing on shapes -- shapes are fun -- it's the Venturi effect. My draw speed would definitely lift the particles if the diameter at other end of the "tube" remained constant. But diameter increases in the black upper chamber, so velocity of fluid (our precious vapor) within the black chamber drops. That's why the particles are not perturbed by the air flow velocity, but man, are they getting "convected" big time.
I'm no fluid mechanic -- folks here probably learned something from their tech/eng degree than folks like me wasting time discussing case studies in business school.
Wondering if the wonderful "open" feel while drawing is due to the other side of Venturi -- as tube constricts, fluid velocity increases and Pressure Decreases! Maybe that is my feeling, the relative lower pressure of inhaled vapor??

Wish the minds who came up with that Crafty/Mighty 3 piece filling tool would put some thought into the Plenty filling chamber. S-B designers are really good at the twist/bayonet locking rings.
I think they should redesign the orange filling chamber with three sets of small bayonet "J-shaped" lock slots, at different depths.
Then an upper screen (like a lens filter) with one set of male bayonet tabs can be locked at the desired height above the bottom screen, slightly squeezing/sandwiching your load. Different load size strokes for different folks. (That didn't come out right)
This method addresses the load shifting without bothering with liquid pad, and don't need upper screen in black chamber any longer.

For smallest loads, offer a super thin aluminum donut shaped ring to insert along with screen. This acts like an iris, allowing you to put in a small load centered. Addresses the low vapor density issue with small loads of hot air rushing through void instead of herb.

Also have a design idea, cooked up while riding my convection unicorn. Design it from beginning as vertical, with base. But main difference is a "slot loading" chamber disk in bottom, accessed after lifting little K-cup like housing, which seals chamber upon closing. This way between draws, herb is below heat. Intake from bottom, snake up and u-turn back past heater, sucked down through our load. This inhaled vapor stream then enters modular cooling pack in rear, sort of like Crafty cooling unit with serpentine channels for cooling -- but clam shell design for easy open with quarter slot screws like old PC cases. Can detach, open this cooling unit in two pieces for cleaning without as many nooks and crannies. Silicone style fixed seals. Then a swing up giant crafty mouthpiece, 180 swing on axis, with vapor path the same inside diameter as whip tube. This is of course detachable, replaceable with whip tubing for direct draw or shunting to water conditioner of your choice. Two handles on left and right for easy passing to friends, and handles should be delta swept back so base is stable triangle.

I call it the Storz-Bickel "Steady"
Coming soon. Yeah, right.

Last edited:

ChooChooCharlie

Doh !!!
Ich bin ein dummkopf.

Left it on last night. Setting 7. Mr Sauza had some involvement in the matter, to be honest.

This is the home version of UL labs here. I'm still here. House here. Plenty is fine.

Was even afraid to touch it, but it was same temp feel on casing as usual. Coil was cold.
Realized after my initial panic subsided that because the Plenty cycles about 30 seconds on and 90 seconds off to maintain its temp range, it's actually off 75 percent of time.

This is what I found after opening. Looks like a frightened group of particles stuck together in a clump too close to the rim, sentenced to a grim charred death by an executioner named conduction, and indirectly by the executioner's paymaster, Mr. IR.

Plenty now been hangin out like a mug for a week.

Think I found an exculpatory clause for Storz-Bickel.

That describes myself and many newbie vapers quite well.

Last edited:

ChooChooCharlie

Edit to post above:

After I carefully removed my head from my ass, I was able to order a belkin power switch with timer.

ChooChooCharlie,

Pjake

It's all in the reflexes.
Doh !!!
Ich bin ein dummkopf.

Left it on last night. Setting 7. Mr Sauza had some involvement in the matter, to be honest.

This is the home version of UL labs here. I'm still here. House here. Plenty is fine.

Was even afraid to touch it, but it was same temp feel on casing as usual. Coil was cold.
Realized after my initial panic subsided that because the Plenty cycles about 30 seconds on and 90 seconds off to maintain its temp range, it's actually off 75 percent of time.

This is what I found after opening. Looks like a frightened group of particles stuck together in a clump too close to the rim, sentenced to a grim charred death by an executioner named conduction, and indirectly by the executioner's paymaster, Mr. IR.

Does the plenty no longer need to have the handle depressed periodicaly to maintain temp? I have an OG one and it requires that.

Pjake,

ChooChooCharlie

@Pjake : Thanks for posting. Feels selfish of me to be a Plenty posting hog. Think you know how it is when you get excited about "new" vape, and my verbal long windedness kicks in.

Don't want to encourage anyone to fix the handle.

ChooChooCharlie,
Reactions: Chainfish

Socks And Sandals

Yeah, gonna give PBW a shot. Seems to get raves on other threads here. Brush came, but no good. Goes in maybe four inches and gets stuck. Thought I was gonna have a "DOH!" moment, but got it out. Probably trying for cleaning perfection when it's a fool's errand. (Just my line of work)

Yup, now I've gotten into this wide open cool vapor stream of Plenty. Like I said in post above, less dense than Crafty with equally timed draw, but it's a different experience. Maybe "liberating" would describe my own experience using Plenty. No more peeking at the LED or pressing that button to restart timer. Liberating. No more loading a second bowl cause first just didn't do it for me. Liberating.

Don't get me wrong. I love the Crafty. But will only put up with a portable vape when I'm out, the way the good lord intended. I was an idiot thinking I could use a vape like Crafty the way I was. 100 hours in less than two months. What did I expect? Well, S-B replaced mine twice, second one only had around 30 hours. This third one I'm treating with kid gloves. Only seven hours in a month.

I think liberating fits the context of the comparison quite perfectly now!:lol:

Sorry about your problems with the Crafty. Makes me wonder about the Mighty More now. My main reason for wanting the Mighty over the Crafty was simply for the battery life and would prefer setting temps on the unit rather than with an app. Other than that, they're pretty much the same from my understanding.. Bowl size and performance.. or so I hear.

Also that is an interesting idea you got about having them redesign the filling chamber. I'm following you somewhat but a drawing would be better to help me visualize it. Also not being familiar with the Crafty/Mighty filling tools doesn't help either. I still dig how you guys always seem to be thinking "outside the box" when it comes to how to get this thing to perform on a different level than what S&B intended. I wonder if they ever glance at these forums? I know probably not but nevertheless, I'd still love to hear what they have to say after reading about all these little modifications you guys do! I'm talking everything from using cotton to your upright stand and whip rig! :science:

Doh !!!
Ich bin ein dummkopf.

Ok man.. let me make sure I'm understanding.. You left the main power button on all night with it still plugged into the AC correct? Correct me if I'm wrong but even if it was on level seven.. wouldn't it just shut off in 90 seconds and continue to cool down to 100F anyhow even with the main lamp still on? From my understanding the main lamp is the main power and the heating lamp actually tells you it's heating. It would seem to me that the unit would still cool off in the same amount of time as it would if the main power was off? Correct me if I'm wrong though.

And it's been a week since you used your plenty? Would leaving it on really cause that melted mess in the corner I see? I'm amazed that happened but let me know if you get it resolved soon man!

On a side note Here is a picture of my ABV and my plenty. Looks pretty normal in color? Every session ends with level seven.

I know you don't use the liquid pads anymore but did you ever have the problem with them sticking to the upper chamber housing like in these screenshots?
GKXCsHs.jpg

EnZSqQV.jpg

xcmGCkN.jpg

Oh and this still bugs me!:tinfoil:

oZcZt4z.jpg

Anyhow I need to order a grinder.. Seems like the internet slightly prefers the SpaceCase while the majority of FC prefers the Santa Cruz. That's my next order of business..

Last edited:

ChooChooCharlie

@Socks And Sandals : Yes, not only am I lazy, I also write like crap.

Trying to be hopefully informative and entertaining, and failing at both.

When I said it's been hangin on coffee mug tree for a week, yes, it has. Wanted to put it through use/ergonomic field testing. Extensive testing performed throughout the day to ensure rigor.

No, I would never leave the power switch on. (when sober)

My problem was going to bed and leaving it on Sunday night. Went down Monday AM and heard that click, looked over, yup, good ole Plenty is still rollin' on the Bayou. Grrrr. Well, a certain expletive which is in this forum's URL was shouted.

Turned it off, waited for cooling, then took the pic I posted. To be honest, I was shocked that the whole load wasn't charred.

As to the liquid pad issue getting wedged. It'll do that. Clean it more, perhaps.

And side note to any dissatisfied Plenty owners who are about to list on Ebay -- why not sent it to @Vitolo instead? If he uses coffee mug tree, it would actually be a good fit for a disabled person with limited dexterity or tremors like me. No glass. No pulling out load between hits. Easy cleaning. Nice big chamber size for easier gripping/opening. A lot less chance to burn yourself on coil because you're not manipulating the device, just the whip. I've even been able to reload with one hand. (no wise ass remarks, please) As long as he gets a belkin power switch with timer, even though my home UL lab testing passed.

Socks And Sandals

@Socks And Sandals : Yes, not only am I lazy, I also write like crap.

Trying to be hopefully informative and entertaining, and failing at both.

When I said it's been hangin on coffee mug tree for a week, yes, it has. Wanted to put it through use/ergonomic field testing. Extensive testing performed throughout the day to ensure rigor.

No, I would never leave the power switch on. (when sober)

My problem was going to bed and leaving it on Sunday night. Went down Monday AM and heard that click, looked over, yup, good ole Plenty is still rollin' on the Bayou. Grrrr. Well, a certain expletive which is in this forum's URL was shouted.

Turned it off, waited for cooling, then took the pic I posted. To be honest, I was shocked that the whole load wasn't charred.

As to the liquid pad issue getting wedged. It'll do that. Clean it more, perhaps.

I'm sorry bro but I'm still confused..

Correct me if I'm wrong but you previously said your mug tree is rigged to constantly keep the auto shut trigger depressed? If that was the case then It would make sense to hear it clicking.. I think. Then again I never left the power on overnight. You also need to remember I have no idea what happens by holding the auto shut off down due to the fact I've never done it and that's why I'm confused. Please explain.

Also I just cleaned the entire plenty and the liquid pad almost always sticks to the top. It's as if screwing on the top housing nudges the liquid pad right in there.. I'm not sure. It's not a problem and it just pulls right off but I was just wondering if others have experienced it.

I've left the power on before but never without realizing it within 30 mins or so since it sits on a night table besides my bed. Oh and you aren't failing at being entertaining or informative. I either just forgot that your mug tree keeps your plenty auto shut off depressed and/or It's not making sense to me because of the 90 second shut off.

This misunderstanding is on my end bud not yours! :nod:

ChooChooCharlie

To be clear.

Do NOT try to fix the handle switch in the active position! Not with tape, or velcro, or whatever.

Imagine this scenario:
You do not follow advice above. You tape handle. You go to the john midsession and put Plenty down on sidetable. You have also not followed the instructions about only filling the chamber with legal materials mentioned. Therefore you forget about the Plenty afterwards, and go for a walk. Your Plenty is doing its thing. When that "analog/mechanical" temp sensor hits the analog trough of the dial's setting, the Plenty's heater dutifully turns on. Plenty is an obedient servant. "Yup, handle switch is held, so my human master must be holding me, he/she wants me to heat up, so here I go." Until about thirty seconds later when the sensor hits upper range, heater dutifully shuts off, and that nice massive heat sink in the Plenty takes about 90 seconds to cool off again slowly. Rinse/repeat.
You are out, however. Your wife brings home inquisitive jonesin' guest who reaches for the Plenty and screams when she grabs it wrong. Hot Hot! She drops it on your Nakashima coffee table and chips edge. Your wife is not pleased. You tell her it adds to the natural wood look, like patina. Later that week, the guest sues you. You can't sue S-B, though. Sorry.

Or, I read online somewhere of a card carrying medicinal user who loved the Plenty because it was easy to rest on his chest laying in bed. Let's say he also ignored the advice above, because he was frustrated pressing the switch as the RA in his fingers was acting up. He drifts off to sleep with the "fixed" Plenty on his chest. He's a fan of the seventies and still wears his old synthetic shirts. The hot coil gets close enough to start melting the fibers, then he awakes with the pain of melted rayon on his chest. (I could be way off base here -- please chime in anyone who knows about materials that react to coil heat like I'm describing. Maybe this isn't a good example...)

Anyway, hope it's clear.

Do NOT fix the handle in activation position.

(unless you're a coffee drinker and you need something to hang your larger mugs on)

Socks And Sandals

To be clear.

Do NOT try to fix the handle switch in the active position! Not with tape, or velcro, or whatever.

Imagine this scenario:
You do not follow advice above. You tape handle. You go to the john midsession and put Plenty down on sidetable. You have also not followed the instructions about only filling the chamber with legal materials mentioned. Therefore you forget about the Plenty afterwards, and go for a walk. Your Plenty is doing its thing. When that "analog/mechanical" temp sensor hits the analog trough of the dial's setting, the Plenty's heater dutifully turns on. Plenty is an obedient servant. "Yup, handle switch is held, so my human master must be holding me, he/she wants me to heat up, so here I go." Until about thirty seconds later when the sensor hits upper range, heater dutifully shuts off, and that nice massive heat sink in the Plenty takes about 90 seconds to cool off again slowly. Rinse/repeat.
You are out, however. Your wife brings home inquisitive jonesin' guest who reaches for the Plenty and screams when she grabs it wrong. Hot Hot! She drops it on your Nakashima coffee table and chips edge. Your wife is not pleased. You tell her it adds to the natural wood look, like patina. Later that week, the guest sues you. You can't sue S-B, though. Sorry.

Or, I read online somewhere of a card carrying medicinal user who loved the Plenty because it was easy to rest on his chest laying in bed. Let's say he also ignored the advice above, because he was frustrated pressing the switch as the RA in his fingers was acting up. He drifts off to sleep with the "fixed" Plenty on his chest. He's a fan of the seventies and still wears his old synthetic shirts. The hot coil gets close enough to start melting the fibers, then he awakes with the pain of melted rayon on his chest. (I could be way off base here -- please chime in anyone who knows about materials that react to coil heat like I'm describing. Maybe this isn't a good example...)

Anyway, hope it's clear.

Do NOT fix the handle in activation position.

(unless you're a coffee drinker and you need something to hang your larger mugs on)

I've always loved your sense of humor man. Even if its gone above my head a couple of times! :D Good luck telling my lady a chip on anything would enhance the wood look lol!!! Seriously though, you got a way with words and telling stories man!

Here is what I don't understand though. What happens if auto shut off trigger is tapped down? It still cycles every 90 seconds nonetheless correct? That's how I would imagine it would function.

But yes.. oh yes... believe me I know. I would never do anything to void that safety feature. I read the manual nearly 4 times before I first used this thing back in late May and that warning not to do it was something I will always remember.. along with how the liquid pad helps with the surface area and leaning it on it's side.

Oh and I just bought a SCS Grinder as well! I got too fed up with having to clean that S&B Acrylic one with Iso nearly every 6 or 7 days. I also am getting to the point where I can do something with my ABV. Ugh.. I still have had barely anytime to read the rest of this thread! Hopefully there are some tips for really getting the most out of our dry herb and making it last the longest with our Plenty.

ChooChooCharlie

Another cleaning tip: After letting PBW work its magic, do not just try to flush the brown goo down your sink. Especially your kitchen sink. This newbie is learning the hard way.

Use a little bucket or tupperware or whatever in sink to catch the goo before it congeals in little brown smelly stains in your sink. (the odor next morning was not pleasant)
Sure this is all heresy to the "reclaim" folks out there. Sorry, lazy.

Hey Socks, looks like Alex avatar has left the building. Sheesh, and I quoted Burgess a few posts back just for Alex. Or maybe this is how he now looks after the Ludovico Technique?

And, Socks, hoping you could run a test. Maybe my used Plenty is bizarre.
Do this test with empty chamber so you're not "distracted."
With plenty switched off, pretend your index and middle finger are the rod of my mug tree.
Note how gravity keeps handle switch depressed.
Now, while it is still hanging like that, switch it on.
Keep letting it hang.
Let me know if your unit acts like mine and just keeps cycling. Thanks.
If you look at the pics of my mug tree carefully, note how switch is off and unit is cooling.
I had just finished a session and had turned the switch off.
That's how I play the game. Just leave it in off position hangin' on mug tree, flip switch on when I want next session. After that session, turn switch off.

And, no, I didn't really chip one of the Nakashima pieces. But, on second thought, maybe that little side table in pic would be good blank material for @Snappo -- "Shima-Stems" anyone?

Socks And Sandals

Another cleaning tip: After letting PBW work its magic, do not just try to flush the brown goo down your sink. Especially your kitchen sink. This newbie is learning the hard way.

Use a little bucket or tupperware or whatever in sink to catch the goo before it congeals in little brown smelly stains in your sink. (the odor next morning was not pleasant)
Sure this is all heresy to the "reclaim" folks out there. Sorry, lazy.

Hey Socks, looks like Alex avatar has left the building. Sheesh, and I quoted Burgess a few posts back just for Alex. Or maybe this is how he now looks after the Ludovico Technique?

And, Socks, hoping you could run a test. Maybe my used Plenty is bizarre.
Do this test with empty chamber so you're not "distracted."
With plenty switched off, pretend your index and middle finger are the rod of my mug tree.
Note how gravity keeps handle switch depressed.
Now, while it is still hanging like that, switch it on.
Keep letting it hang.
Let me know if your unit acts like mine and just keeps cycling. Thanks.
If you look at the pics of my mug tree carefully, note how switch is off and unit is cooling.
I had just finished a session and had turned the switch off.
That's how I play the game. Just leave it in off position hangin' on mug tree, flip switch on when I want next session. After that session, turn switch off.

And, no, I didn't really chip one of the Nakashima pieces. But, on second thought, maybe that little side table in pic would be good blank material for @Snappo -- "Shima-Stems" anyone?

Hey ChooChoo sorry it's been a few days. I've literally been so busy that most of the time I can only spend a few minutes here a day and unfortunately for me that's only enough time to reply to one thread out of the 4 or 5 I'm following.

So the PBW really is the better alternative to either the salt and iso or just the Iso that S&B recommends? I mentioned before all I did the fist time was keep the coil submerged in a tall glass of 91% iso and let it sit over night prob for 20 hours. Anyhow how does this compare to ISO or even Ether Alcohol?

LOL Alex and his Droogs left the building! They are out and about beating over poor English men in Alleys and raping women during home invasions! I'm sure Alex is happy though and I'm sure he's still "Singing in the Rain!" Haha! :goon: New avatar is Actually Christian Slater behind that mask from my show "Mr.Robot." He's actually "Mr. Robot" and the leader of the hacker group F.society. You gotta see the show to know what I'm talking about though.

I did your little experiment as well man! Here is what I found out. Letting the Plenty hang only by my index and middle finger the unit DOES NOT CYCLE when the button is held down or in the case hanging from my fingers or your tea tree. I left it hanging on my fingers for well over 200 hundred seconds and it never came back on despite it being held down by it's on weight. I'm very surprised at this since I always thought holding it down would still run the cycles but apparently that's not the case. It's become quite obvious to me now that the button has to be depressed completely and let go of otherwise it's not going to turn back on again in 90 seconds.

So there is your answer and something I've been wondering about for quite some time. So have we come to the conclusion that S&B updated their newer versions of the Plenty? Does anyone else here want to chime in?

I find it strange that I actually have to let go of the auto shutoff completely while yours doesn't. Maybe S&B got worried about people abusing the safety feature after reading our forums and seeing your Tea Tree?

Nah I kid, I kid..:rofl:

Last edited:

ChooChooCharlie

Thank You!

Don't think we need to worry about Markus S. reading this thread. Think only about 3 people even read this thread. We own a dinosaur device. Gonna keep riding my dino, though.

Very surprised at your test results with it hanging and not recycling heater. Very odd.
Do I have a possessed Plenty? Glad I do. I'd take a video but it would be boring as hell.
Love to hear results of test from the other person among us three that read this thread and own a Plenty.

With the iso wash vs PBW: When I read that instruction about leaving it in jar filled with iso, but I didn't want to waste a whole jar - that's why I gravitated toward using mini stoppers and shaking it with the coarse salt to add some mechanical cleaning action during the salsa shake. Then started reading about the magic powers of PBW. Figured if home brewers like yourself use it, must be good, eh? And judging by that brown goo that dripped out, think it did its job well.

Not aware of that show you mentioned. I'm an old fart. Thanks again for the time and trouble!!
FC members are great helping others out like this, and I appreciate it Socks!!

ChooChooCharlie,

lazylathe

Almost there...
@ChooChooCharlie
@Socks And Sandals

When I clean my vape stuff, Plenty coil included, I use a large mason jar full of ISO.
I use the jar for cleaning all my used vape accessories.
That brown goo is full of goodies still!!

Once the ISO turns a nice dark color I strain into a large flat plate and allow to evaporate for a week or so.
You will be left with a brown goop that you can scrape up and store in a small jar.

A drop or two of that oil on the oil pad with bud underneath will take you to a new level!! And all for free!!

Mine usually tastes pretty good with an almost sweet taste and an awesome high!

ChooChooCharlie

More pictures. Decided to take one for the team. Know some folks out on the best coast can acquire flower that does the job with less than 0.10g.

Plenty doesn't handle this low weight well. So, for kicks, drove to Home Depot and then 40 min to nearest city with head shops. Lovely part of town, by the way. Second shop had little basket screens.

Time to test:

Order from bottom to top: screen, basket, washer

Surprisingly, it actually works. No increased draw resistance. Kinda sweet how the upper black chamber screws down and holds it all in tight.

Got 5 good draws. Not including the flavor runs during warm up.
This weight, at least with my crappy herb, just doesn't do it for me.

But just giving idea for those Plenty owners who really like small loads, have good herb, and still want to hand hold the Plenty.

It emptied very neatly. I had used my finger to make that depression in screen to sorta fit the basket.

CurryLeafTreehugger

So I bought a Firefly and apparently got a faulty one. I've not been able to get anybody on the phone to help me with it.

In the meantime I've been thinking about the Plenty, but the issue I had with it (and why I went with the Firefly) is that it doesn't seem well suited to the person who uses only a small amount of product at any given time.

But I've read that using the concentrate pad and loading your dry material on top of that gets the quantity down to something more reasonable for those of us of the little-goes-a-long-way contingent.

What do you think, can the Plenty do a good job for the novice vape-er of smaller amounts?

ChooChooCharlie

@CurryLeafTreehugger :
Hi, you did ask a very good question. It really gets to the heart of the Plenty's design dilemma.

Don't want to speak for Bio, but that comment was probably too easy to resist, like certain politicians are for late night comics. All in good fun, I'm sure.

If your primary intention (God, I sound like Oprah) is short 1-3 draw sessions, at different times thoughout the day ... please do not buy the Plenty. Get an E-nano with a side order or two of Zion, Okin, Daisy, etc.

However, if you are currently holding the Plenty, and get off on its steam-punk form-follows-function geeky design, then let's fix your problem:

In order of ease/effectiveness (in my opinion... don't believe me or anyone - try these out and decide for yourself):

1) Hang it on coffee mug tree I showed a few pages back. Even smallest loads of 0.01g of two little particles will get convected in the "purest" sense. As you draw the cool vapor with no restriction, just imagine your pair of particles doing a micro hot air yogic levitation as they release their cares and trichome egos. (test your Plenty first to verify your production run allows repeated heater cycling when handle switch is continually pressed)

2) Use the screen basket and washer method I described in post above. You do have to be dexterous and "think" and handle pieces upside down when loading. I have bad tremors but even I could do it.

3) Follow advice of Storz-Bickel. Which is: "Fill the damn chamber up and stop your whining. We've got our hands full replacing our battery powered vapes."
No, seriously, they advise using the liquid pad to keep small loads from shifting. Don't think you will be pleased with the results (compared to other vapes w/ same weight load).

elmomuzz

That just happened...
The washer trick looks pretty good. I tried something similar some time ago but I used a stack of washers and packed the herb in center. They sinked up to much heat and it wasn't effective. I will try your method.

Pjake

It's all in the reflexes.
I own a plenty,pax,crafty,enano and mflb. Plenty is awesome at what it does: big loads and massive rips. It is the last vape I reach for when I'm alone and only taking a hit or 2.

ChooChooCharlie

Danger, danger Will Robinson ... and @elmomuzz and @whateverman and any others.

Please don't try the washer with basket trick.

Damn stainless steel washer is too thick, gets too hot -- think too hot and close for the inner deepest ring edge of the black upper chamber.

Tested a few more sessions, trying to cache load in two hits at 405 F. Could taste something "off," a plastic taste. That thin edge felt hot and almost tacky.

So obviously this is NOT good. Paramedics are on the way.

Must find thin washer. Thin, thin washer I must find. Maybe the nice people here in the white coats have a very thin washer...

whateverman

@ChooChooCharlie I love reading your posts! Your posts are informative and entertaining :love:

How about using a liquid pad instead of a washer? We'll have to get some spares and cut one in the middle so the basket would fit. Or even make a liquid pad, designed for our purposes.

Damn S&B busy with their super ambitious ultra-portable bluetooth powered space lazers vaporizers! :rofl: We're left to figure shit out on our own. NOT ALL OF US HAVE UNLIMITED SUPPLY, S&B!!! :goon:

Last edited:
Top Bottom