Discontinued Pinnacle Pro

VAPEHUNTER

I was out of town this past weekend using my PnP. I decided to see how much oil has collected on my glass insert so I took it out. When I went to put it back in the little o-ring had split. I put it in anyway and it holds and seals well but I still need to replace it. Has anyone had to replace theirs or does anyone know what size o-ring it takes? Thanks in advance.

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
Anyone heard from or contacted TRVB to see if the "exchange" program is running yet? I'm using my Flowermate until he starts replacing the old PonGs.

VAPEHUNTER

Anyone heard from or contacted TRVB to see if the "exchange" program is running yet? I'm using my Flowermate until he starts replacing the old PonGs.
I contacted him May 9th. Here is his response.
"Currently the only replacement we have available is the one that I will attach to the email. The glass lined pong will be available soon to the consumer but not currently available."

MuushuPork

Just my opinion but I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for a free replacement.

MuushuPork,

Sativape

I'm initially impressed with the new GPonG. The taste has improved for sure. I've also noticed that the GPonG is more airtight than the PonG was, resulting in a more restricted draw. The glass insert gets oily quickly and will need to be cleaned/re-claimed quite often.

I've been using a glass FlashVAPE stem (with the silicone tip) as an extended mouthpiece. Unfortunately, it doesn't stay in quite as well as it used to with the PonG, but it still does the job.

Nl4AI9G.jpg

Side note; it's taken a year, but my friend and I have finally found a use for the 'aromatherapy' bowl that comes with the Solo. It makes a great 'stage' for bullet preparation:

aWJbbVR.jpg

@Lizard King,

Genius!

I'm gonna dig up the 2 aromatherapy Solo bowls that I have tucked away somewhere.

You've come up with an actual practical use for them.

SiDankies

Just got my GPONG! Smoother and tastier as expected. Now how do i get the ORING to the middle of the glass like some of you do? I take the sleeve out and put the oring in the middle but once i go to to put the glass sleeve in the oring slides back down, naturally.

al bundy

Vaporist
Try putting the oring closer to the top of the glass insert and shove it in quick
Can also try wetting the inside of the plastic pong,the ring may slide in easier.

I say use two orings one in the pong itself and one around the glass stem by the PnP
The stem may travel inside the pong, thus having the pong exposed to melting again,a second oring should keep the glass out of the pong.
And I wonder why they didn't use a high temp oring?

SiDankies

Try putting the oring closer to the top of the glass insert and shove it in quick
Can also try wetting the inside of the plastic pong,the ring may slide in easier.

I say use two orings one in the pong itself and one around the glass stem by the PnP
The stem may travel inside the pong, thus having the pong exposed to melting again,a second oring should keep the glass out of the pong.
And I wonder why they didn't use a high temp oring?

Thanks for the advice man

SiDankies,

Sativape

My o-ring black also. Just a quick google search shows high temp in black and red wth the black being made from Viton and the red Silicone. Someone please correct as I'm probably wrong :p

Viton aka Kalrez are high temp/chemical resistant o-ring and seal materials.

You can't really go by the color.

I've seen a brown/orange Bunal o-ring.

Black can be anything.

Viton and Kalrez are very hard to stretch.

Silicone o-rings will stretch very easily.

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
Just got my replacement glass mouthpiece from Vapor Blunt. No advance notice. Hell of a packaging job. That's probably what's taking up all their time.

~

SiDankies

Now if we can improve the battery and get a damn car charger i would gladly call this thing the best portable on the market.

SiDankies,

lookhigh

FC member
My engineer PGONG is crumbling where the plastic covers the glass, this is not the engineer PGONG they are sending out now this is the engineer first attempt PGONG. I will wait and see if the new has the same problem, if not i will gladly buy a new one but otherwise im done with the pinnacle and VB.

lookhigh,
Reactions: KidFated.

GeekVape

Yes that one clear plastic collar glass insert.
Seeing as you have both, could you describe the differences between the two pgongs? Maybe pictures if they illustrate better.

I appreciate the feedback, I have the official pgong, and I like it, it's my daily driver, and I have the TRVB gong and the adjust-a-bowl gong too. I do prefer the official one, I just hope it holds up, but this doesn't bode well.

GeekVape,

MuushuPork

Just a bit of guessing on my part, but I believe the clear plastic collar section of the prototype GonG you have is a chopped up OG PN MP that is made of plastic that melts at the higher temp settings of the PNP. They were originally sent out on accident with PNP orders. I think TRVB had a ton of them laying around for good reason, and decided to put them to use.

MuushuPork,
Reactions: GeekVape

Lizard King

If I remember correctly, weren't those first Engineering prototypes kind of sent out accidentally at the time?

Lizard King,

MsTHCvampire

Has anyone had this issue? I copied a part of the message I sent to the yoyokid1 this am: Purchased in Feb and no issues at all until now. I am not a handy person like a lot of you on here to be able to fix this myself. I hope he can help me.

" This a.m. I went to use it like always, and I got the red lights that state heater error. After the red lights finished, I turned it on again to heat setting 1 like always, and it just blinks and blinks and the white light doesn't go solid. It was fully charged when this happened. So I let it blink thinking maybe it was just going to take a little longer....nope. It went the whole 8 mins blinking and then shut off. I tried it again on setting 2, and the same blinking for 8 mins and then shut off. It got hot at the top where the air holes are, but the lights never turned solid so I could use it. Seems as though it's the battery."

MsTHCvampire,
Reactions: BLaKSmith
Top Bottom