Discontinued Pinnacle Pro

BLaKSmith

As @BLaKSmith said the choices are mind boggling! I can only give you my recommendations, from my own experience.

I started off on the cigarette look-a-likes like you. I had the Green Smoke e-cigs, with replaceable cartomisers. A very good quality vape, but the lack of choice of flavours (didn't want tobacco) drove me down the refillable e-juice route.

My next e-cig was the Innokin VV3.0, a variable voltage and variable power semi-mod (I say semi as the battery is non replaceable). It takes both ego style clearomisers and 510 clearomisers. Battery life is good for me, 3-4 days. Very nice unit, goes up to 11W, small and stealthy, still use it occasionally.

I have now stepped up to a full electronic mod, The Beyond Vape Spire. Designed in the US, built in china, and QA'd in the US. Very nice mod, moar power, goes up to 15W! Takes ego and 510 clearomisers, and looks better with larger tanks. Takes all 18xxx series batteries. Hoping it will last me a long time. I bought an Aspire Nautilus clearomiser tank to go with it, and the vape is sublime, great flavour and clouds!

As others have mentioned, you could use a few drops of e-juice in your PNP bullet to mask the smell when you are using it.

Beware of cheap ego clones and cheap chinese mod clones. You want something that won't leak and fall apart, and you definitely don't want something with dodgy batteries!

Hope this helps!

Sorry for the off topic guys.

You might wanna watch out when putting a high nicotine juice in a herb vape, it might change the throat hit from weed cough to throat choke, and as for clones not sure on electrical ones but my mechanical seems well built

Last edited:
BLaKSmith,

BLaKSmith

It seems like international replacements are gonna be costly, if VF is a distributor could we get a replacement through him? That would be a much better option for those across the water

BLaKSmith,

Gray Area

It seems like international replacements are gonna be costly, if VF is a distributor could we get a replacement through him? That would be a much better option for those across the water

He's said previously he wouldn't support the mp/pong exchange. Prob due to postage/hassle I guess.
Could ask again, might have had a change of heart..?

Gray Area,

BLaKSmith

He's said previously he wouldn't support the mp/pong exchange. Prob due to postage/hassle I guess.
Could ask again, might have had a change of heart..?
To be clear I was talking about the actual units, not sure if you were too but if I was a company with distributors and I had to replace a faulty unit out of country I'd just get the distributor to do it and reimburse them the product/profit seems much simpler than sending something across the planet but that's just me and that probably isn't the best for industry because after all it's much easier for them to have us go through most the hassle

BLaKSmith,
Reactions: Gray Area

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I received my replacement gong from VB. The taste of the vapor is better. It's not stable enough to use as a gong. It works ok as a mouthpiece but falls out too easy.

The taste is much improved. I'm curious to see what the final product will be.

Still haven't herd any solutions for those of us with the cracked plastic around the sleeve area by the mouthpiece. I too believe the unit gets too hot, therefore the plastic gets brittle and cracks.

CarolKing,
Reactions: Sativape

lookhigh

FC member
Ive got this 2pack glue used in car and boat industry, goes under the brand innovation. Its used for bonding boat decks to hull. I used this stuff lots of times here. Once bonded a water pump to an engine and is still going years later also used fixing leeks on high pressure pumps. Now this stuff sell for over 120E, but i recently saw some in a small tube in motor accessory store for 12E. will have a look for the name next time. And its black.

lookhigh,
Reactions: TromaRon

Sativape

I would be so grateful if you could pm me some links and instructions on creating this setup. It is my dream setup and somehow you hit on it perfectly. The color and length are exactly what i want.

@ MuushuPork,

No problem.

Here is some info.

Everything I did was dirt cheap.

The ebay sellers I used were very good to deal with and helpful.

So 1st, I ordered these 14mm glass donuts spacers from this guy on Ebay.
He confirmed that the glass contained absolutely no lead.
I did some research too, so be careful that what you use also contains no lead:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Czech-Glass-...800?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5afd3a8a60
Use emery paper to flatten down the glass rings.
I ended up getting the rings down to 3mm.

Next you will need a Viton or Karlez material O-ring.
I used 14mm OD by 3mm thickness.
https://www.oringsusa.com/oringsUSA_O-Ring_sizes.pdf
Viton and Karlez are the hightemp and chemical resistant o-ring material.

Next you'll need the 9mm OD pyrex glass tubes.
This seller will cut them down to various lengths and will also smooth out the ends.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/BLACK-COLOR-...827?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cdf027483

Next you'll need to take down the inner pong shaft to compensate for the total height of the glass.
I just used a sanding disc but I installed it on a regular drill.
Please be careful and tape the inner surface of the pong with tape (expect for the pong shaft).
This will ensure that you won't unintentionally take down any material.
http://desiredcreations.com/images/HowToPics/Dremel/dremelGrind.jpg
I bought mine from the dollar store.

Lastly, you'll need to open up the Pong opening to 9mm.
Just use a regular 9mm drill bit.
The PES pong opening is 8.5mm so one clean pass will do the trick.

Let me know if you have any questions.

MuushuPork

@ MuushuPork,

No problem.

Here is some info.

Everything I did was dirt cheap.

The ebay sellers I used were very good to deal with and helpful.

So 1st, I ordered these 14mm glass donuts spacers from this guy on Ebay.
He confirmed that the glass contained absolutely no lead.
I did some research too, so be careful that what you use also contains no lead:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Czech-Glass-...800?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5afd3a8a60
Use emery paper to flatten down the glass rings.
I ended up getting the rings down to 3mm.

Next you will need a Viton or Karlez material O-ring.
I used 14mm OD by 3mm thickness.
https://www.oringsusa.com/oringsUSA_O-Ring_sizes.pdf
Viton and Karlez are the hightemp and chemical resistant o-ring material.

Next you'll need the 9mm OD pyrex glass tubes.
This seller will cut them down to various lengths and will also smooth out the ends.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/BLACK-COLOR-...827?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cdf027483

Next you'll need to take down the inner pong shaft to compensate for the total height of the glass.
I just used a sanding disc but I installed it on a regular drill.
Please be careful and tape the inner surface of the pong with tape (expect for the pong shaft).
This will ensure that you won't unintentionally take down any material.
http://desiredcreations.com/images/HowToPics/Dremel/dremelGrind.jpg
I bought mine from the dollar store.

Lastly, you'll need to open up the Pong opening to 9mm.
Just use a regular 9mm drill bit.
The PES pong opening is 8.5mm so one clean pass will do the trick.

Let me know if you have any questions.

You're a god. I will keep u posted on my process.

MuushuPork,
Reactions: Sativape

BLaKSmith

Ive got this 2pack glue used in car and boat industry, goes under the brand innovation. Its used for bonding boat decks to hull. I used this stuff lots of times here. Once bonded a water pump to an engine and is still going years later also used fixing leeks on high pressure pumps. Now this stuff sell for over 120E, but i recently saw some in a small tube in motor accessory store for 12E. will have a look for the name next time. And its black.

I would assume that's some form of epoxy? Would do the job but I'd still have concerns about heat, really they should look into different materials all together maybe more ceramic,metal,silicon,glass,pyrex, stuff and thangs just not polymers, I've never had good experiences with heat and polymers. But even if they did redesign and fix this shit I still feel like those of us who committed early would be at a loss or left behind to fix our own shit and void whatever of the warranty may be left. A metal shell with extra insulation could cut down on conduction to the outer unit while making it less prone to fractures, or even just a higher quality polymer. the stuff they use in knife handles these days is stronger than the blades in a way.

zytel and kydex are the only ones I trust, I think kydex softens a bit with heat but it's used in aeroplane interiors so it must be pretty reliable. I'm not sure of any toxicity problems but who actually trusts "food grade" shit I know they've fed us a lot worse whether or not they thought it was safe.

Last edited:
BLaKSmith,

Sativape

You're a god. I will keep u posted on my process.

@ MuushuPork,

Just take your time with the pong shaft grinding.

Also remember to use the ridges in the pongs inner shaft as reference.

It will allow you to keep a level surface to your grinding.

I want to put together a clean procedure, with some clear close up pictures like how @ BarnBoy does with his posts so everyone gets a clear understanding.

Regarding the inner ridges using them as reference:

I ground the pong shaft down to 2mm away from the inner pong ridges (the ridges are the pong screen retaining that I am referring to).

Hope that helps a little bit more.

Gray Area

To be clear I was talking about the actual units, not sure if you were too but if I was a company with distributors and I had to replace a faulty unit out of country I'd just get the distributor to do it and reimburse them the product/profit seems much simpler than sending something across the planet but that's just me and that probably isn't the best for industry because after all it's much easier for them to have us go through most the hassle

Ahh, I see...

Afaik he does support warranty exchanges. I just sent mine back a week ago for the cascading red light/heater issue.

Fill out a support ticket on his website...

Gray Area,
Reactions: BLaKSmith

BarnBoy

Reformed Combustor
Well folks, it has been over 120 hours on the BarnBoy Patch. I am ready to expose it to all and offer it to those that have shown the BarnBoy love. Read the below and see if you qualify…

Before we get to Part 3, THANK YOU to those with kind words for the BarnBoy. For what it is worth, his very first post was his very first post of any kind in any forum. I appreciate what others contribute and enjoy the “hippie” vibe I get as I read the posts of others. Contributing and sharing has been a huge part of my life…

THE BARNBOY ON CRACKS! Part 3
– The Patch!
FYI, my previous posts had pictures of the BB Patch in use; just hard to see. By no means do I feel this will fix the PNP fracturing, nor will it prevent it from cracking. But as far as I can tell, and as much as I have abused it over the last 5 days, it isn’t hurting me either! The premise is really from a remote post I made to @jcbsides. Though I posted a silicon tube here, my real thought was to use shrink tube. So not only would a crack keep together, but as the PNP heats, it would keep trying to shrink keeping the PNP together. So I grabbed some ¾” 2:1 tube at work and cut out 5mm thick rings at the same angle as the PNP. They are pictured below.

7BkU5rA.jpg

I placed one around the PNP wall and shrunk it with my Steinel heat gun. Wow first time using the Steinel for what it was made for! Then I stacked and shrunk a second. My crack is now hard to see and doesn’t appear to be getting any worse. Part of me wishes I had done this before I found a crack. So this is what it looks like close up…

OB74agn.jpg

So to celebrate over 200 likes, the BarnBoy will send x2 BB-Patches to anyone who has given any BarnBoy post a like. If interested and if you qualify, send the BarnBoy a private message with title “I want a BB-Patch” along with your snail-mail address. I will ship them out to you in a plain white envelope. That’s it!

Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty!
-BB

BLaKSmith

Well folks, it has been over 120 hours on the BarnBoy Patch. I am ready to expose it to all and offer it to those that have shown the BarnBoy love. Read the below and see if you qualify…

Before we get to Part 3, THANK YOU to those with kind words for the BarnBoy. For what it is worth, his very first post was his very first post of any kind in any forum. I appreciate what others contribute and enjoy the “hippie” vibe I get as I read the posts of others. Contributing and sharing has been a huge part of my life…

THE BARNBOY ON CRACKS! Part 3
– The Patch!
FYI, my previous posts had pictures of the BB Patch in use; just hard to see. By no means do I feel this will fix the PNP fracturing, nor will it prevent it from cracking. But as far as I can tell, and as much as I have abused it over the last 5 days, it isn’t hurting me either! The premise is really from a remote post I made to @jcbsides. Though I posted a silicon tube here, my real thought was to use shrink tube. So not only would a crack keep together, but as the PNP heats, it would keep trying to shrink keeping the PNP together. So I grabbed some ¾” 2:1 tube at work and cut out 5mm thick rings at the same angle as the PNP. They are pictured below.

7BkU5rA.jpg

I placed one around the PNP wall and shrunk it with my Steinel heat gun. Wow first time using the Steinel for what it was made for! Then I stacked and shrunk a second. My crack is now hard to see and doesn’t appear to be getting any worse. Part of me wishes I had done this before I found a crack. So this is what it looks like close up…

OB74agn.jpg

So to celebrate over 200 likes, the BarnBoy will send x2 BB-Patches to anyone who has given any BarnBoy post a like. If interested and if you qualify, send the BarnBoy a private message with title “I want a BB-Patch” along with your snail-mail address. I will ship them out to you in a plain white envelope. That’s it!

Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty!
-BB
Damn man thats some commitment, really going all in, respect for that and trying to help everyone and anyone

lookhigh

FC member
I would assume that's some form of epoxy? Would do the job but I'd still have concerns about heat, really they should look into different materials all together maybe more ceramic,metal,silicon,glass,pyrex, stuff and thangs just not polymers, I've never had good experiences with heat and polymers. But even if they did redesign and fix this shit I still feel like those of us who committed early would be at a loss or left behind to fix our own shit and void whatever of the warranty may be left. A metal shell with extra insulation could cut down on conduction to the outer unit while making it less prone to fractures, or even just a higher quality polymer. the stuff they use in knife handles these days is stronger than the blades in a way.

zytel and kydex are the only ones I trust, I think kydex softens a bit with heat but it's used in aeroplane interiors so it must be pretty reliable. I'm not sure of any toxicity problems but who actually trusts "food grade" shit I know they've fed us a lot worse whether or not they thought it was safe.
Name of this stuff
ALLTASK Powerweld black
structural acrylic bonder. Amazing stuff.
@BarnBoy I ve used heat shrink before on the PONG to stabilize the glass and works great. But i think the biggest problem is that the PES is going brittle after repeated heating and cooling so eventually the repaired area will crack/break away.

BLaKSmith

Fucking customs tax on my ascent which means it wasn't delivered today.................... I'm so tired of this endless shit how do you people put up with this, I've known about vaping for less than a year and already I'm out £350 plus import tax and yet I have NO FUCKING VAPE neither one of these lasted a month that's atrociously absurd to say the least, can I sue to get a working fucking product or something?

Last edited:

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
Fucking customs tax on my ascent which means it wasn't delivered today.................... I'm so fucking tired of this endless cuntshit how do you people put up with this, I've known about vaping for less than a year and already I'm out £350 plus import tax and yet I have NO FUCKING VAPE neither one of these lasted a month that's atrociously absurd to say the least, can I sue to get a working fucking product or something?

I have yet to read a vaporizer thread on FC that doesn't have SOME issues with reliability or other problem. It could work for 98"% and there will still be some with issues. One person here even sent back their Herbalizer which is probably the most rock solid build quality of almost all vapes.

So maybe you just need to get lucky? I feel for you though, if I was having similar experiences and couldn't get the vapors every day like I do and spent all that m oney, I'd be pretty upset.

Mister G,

BLaKSmith

I have yet to read a vaporizer thread on FC that doesn't have SOME issues with reliability or other problem. It could work for 98"% and there will still be some with issues. One person here even sent back their Herbalizer which is probably the most rock solid build quality of almost all vapes.

So maybe you just need to get lucky? I feel for you though, if I was having similar experiences and couldn't get the vapors every day like I do and spent all that m oney, I'd be pretty upset.
I wouldn't even care about the money if I could just get a replacement without paying for something I already payed for and if it truly is a small percentage having problems why can't they be replaced without extra charges?

The markup on these items is astronomical so you think they'd let go of some profit so everyone can have the unit as advertised and payed for. I can't imagine these things costing more than £100 to make, I'd probably lean towards £50 and that's being generous, less considering my experiences with longevity.
How many do you think have been sold? there are people out there who bought more than 1 or 2 of these and if they crapped out because the unit was heating itself to death then they have to pay import taxes, shipping charges and possible maintenance charges how much would that add up to 500?600? compared to how much it cost them in total to get it to your door, if you had the number it probably wouldn't seem fair.
I know there's more to it, calculations and profit margins and all that, yes it is a business but part of a business is making sure your paying customers are satisfied and IMO making sure everyone who bought your product has your product and not a paperweight unless you're selling paperweights.

If this was cheap then I'd be more ok with using a bit of luck, but not at this price.

Wow I was angry earlier... Guess it was 4:20 without a vape and I didn't even realize

Last edited:
BLaKSmith,

Grim Chiclets

My buddy had a Provari battery and ProTank 2 (Ecig crap) taken by US-Canada customs, he got reimbursed and ordered it again and somehow got both

Grim Chiclets,
Reactions: BLaKSmith

gene26

Hi all. I was hoping I could get some advice on my situation, because I am at a complete loss as to how to handle it. I sent my Pinnacle Pro in for warranty because of a very nasty crack in the neck sleeve. The crack formed while removing the mouthpiece. That was Feb 28th.

After a number of attempts for information, I still have no idea what's going on. No clue if I will need to pay, if I'm S.O.L, or if they will help me out. Does anyone have any advice?

(sorry for the awful quality)
8KxqweG.jpg

Burnttoast22

Eats your cake in front of you
I have been reading the pinnacle pro thread on the UK420 site and someone there had received there replacement interim gong like @BarnBoy but the package was marked vapor blunt 3 times and had vaporizer on it. @TherealVaporblunt also marked the package as a $50 value causing an additional £25 in customs charges!! Are us international customers getting the shaft here? I specifically emailed and asked for nowhere on the package it to say vapor blunt but now I'm expecting the worse :(

Yep, same here. I got hit with £14 import duty. Stated wquite clearly on the box that it was from vaporblunt and a value of $50.

Which, quite frankly, is ludicrous when you actually see the replacement GonG. If that cost anywhere near $50 to make I'm an uncles monkey!

Also, I dunno if mine is slightly off spec shapewise, but its absolutely useless. It's just about possible to use it without the WT but will fall out at the slightest provocation. If you use the WT you have to hold the PnP in one hand, the WT in the other and push them both together while you're taking a hit and the bloody thing will still fall off if youre not careful.

I tried modding one of my clear PonG's to accept the new GonG replacement which worked quite well but is still nowhere near stable enough.

What I actually do is use the other clear PonG I have when using the WT and it's bloody brilliant. Fits snug as a bug in a rug and does it's job very well.

It certainly looks like I will be trying to acquire Engineering new PGonG when it becomes available but from a UK supplier.

Burnttoast22,
Reactions: Krizzle

lookhigh

FC member
We get well shafted in Europe. Some vendors will mark as gift, buying second hand is what i do. Most FCers understand and ship low value and gift.

lookhigh,
Reactions: Krizzle

VapeWeeed

Hi all. I was hoping I could get some advice on my situation, because I am at a complete loss as to how to handle it. I sent my Pinnacle Pro in for warranty because of a very nasty crack in the neck sleeve. The crack formed while removing the mouthpiece. That was Feb 28th.

After a number of attempts for information, I still have no idea what's going on. No clue if I will need to pay, if I'm S.O.L, or if they will help me out. Does anyone have any advice?

(sorry for the awful quality)
8KxqweG.jpg

My advice is to send them at least one email each day until you get a good answer. If you aren't persistent, they most likely aren't gonna pay you any attention. There's no way I would let a whole month pass without being on the phone with them trying to figure this out. That looks like something the warranty should replace to me.

If anyone is interested in buying a PnP, buy it off eBay from theyoyokid1..I've heard nothing but good things about him and I personally have had a unit replaced by him, and it didn't take a month.

Last edited:
Top Bottom