Discontinued Pinnacle Pro

Sativape

@ Engineering, I hope a black female gong will be available for the PNP.

Please keep in mind that many small bubblers are equipped with male ends.

There is a female glass gong available for Solo so anything is possible.

Ipv0Ugb.png

BarnBoy

Reformed Combustor
Sorry this is so long… (don’t want any more multiple post lectures :whip:)

@VapeWeeed - That really sucks, I am so sorry this happened to you! Did you do this when your unit was warm or cold? Reason for asking is your PES PonG looks fractured, not melted. You state you haven’t cleaned this and it shows! So was your unit stuck in goo? Someone long ago (sorry, before I tried to pay attention to author names) mentioned getting theirs stuck and broken due to being glued by the goo, and recommended if this happens to warm the unit a bit before trying to remove a stuck PonG…

Regarding PES, I finally decided to see what mother Google had to say about Polyethersulfone. Here is an excellent reference by some lads at Mitsui Chemicals, Inc. (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...typ_0XtYGfVOBF944LQNV2w&bvm=bv.61965928,d.cGU) about it. There are several grades of PES, but almost all start to give out at 180C (356F - glass transition temperature) and all plots stop at 200C (392F). This temperature is less than setting 2!!! I gave up my MP permanently this past week due to what I show below. The MP funnels the vape & heat to the tip. As you can see, my tip center is rounded, smooth, a bit chipped looking, but definitely not the same color it was when new. @TherealVaporblunt – I will be happy to send this to you. Please message me a RMA# for reference. So folks, I too am officially on the GonG wagon, re-reading all your posts to do something temporary until TRVB has something real…

XhUWQiR.jpg

In the continuing saga of the BarnBoy Ghetto-Toolz, today I have yet another useful container for the care and cleaning of the PNP bullets….

So to bring a bit more cheer to the forum, the BarnBoy has another Ghetto-toolz he wants to share with you all. This one is largely in thanks to @Sativape for inspiration/innovation. In the photo below, I am taking a stack of x8 AA Alkaline batteries and feeding that voltage to my Proto1 Car Charger using a female auto port. This is in turn operating the PNP on setting 3. This is going to be a big saver for long hikes/skiing or long periods w/o power. Though my buddies are laughing and telling me, “wouldn’t a match be lighter to pack”…

It works on the D cells (stack of x8 shown), but will charge only with a 9V battery. This is largely due to the voltage input allowed by the Proto1 DC-DC. Proto2 Car Charger should remove this limit (coming soon!). Thus this topology could be used for NiMH or any other kind of battery technology…

l22Ps6C.jpg

9RIzsox.jpg

@MileHighLife Please keep us informed about your FastTech device you posted Pinnacle Pro. Of all the devices posted, this is the only commercial device I have seen that should work just fine with the power demands of the PNP. Just set the bugger to 5.5V and you should be good to go out that 5.5mm connector (measure voltage first!).

So you all can do your own proto chargers all you need is a DC-DC converter that can do at least 3A (2.5A min). Your voltage should be nominally set to 5.5V and able to handle pulses of 2.1A. Here is how my PNP behaves…
4.4-5.2V => Charge only. And even then anything less than 4.8V didn't show charge current levels like it was really charging. Charge current is approx 0.82amps...

5.3-5/5.7V => Operation/Charge. Peak current is 2.1Amps and pulses between a nominal 1.1Amps (or less!) and the 2.1Amp level as the device controls the heater temperature. Higher voltages will give slightly higher currents.

If lower than 4.3V, system has a single yellow like color led rising. If attempting operating in Charge range, unit will error with similar error. Typically post error, unit will go back to Charge mode...

A current limited supply will act like you are plugging in/out the power plug about once a second due to how power supply protect in over current. Eventually the PNP will error or just not heat...

If above 5.8V then unit will have a single orange/red like color rising. I didn't wait long to see if it stopped, and pulled the plug...

When the PNP is idle (fully charged), it still consumes 0.5A of current…

It looks like the PNP has basic power supply protection to protect itself. I was not going to test reverse voltage. There is a CE stamp, so if TRVB tested it to the CE standards, then someone gave it the royal scrutinizer for electrical emissions and safety...

Cheers,
-BB

UnderMist

Technically its vapor but UnderVape sounded weird
These last posts where what I was afraid of happening to mine. That's what I would imagine when I would think plastic and heat.

@TherealVaporblunt @Engineering I know you want a professional solution and you want to make sure it is produced correctly, or at least have enough time to make enough new mouth pieces to send replacements out with ease. I think we need a more quicker response. The risk is REAL, its not just some units, it could happen to any of us. When the herb hits the screen that's where it starts to heat up the screen and the plastic. Not just the bullet touching the mouth piece. Every time you use the PnP you run the risk. We should be able to use it on the highest setting and the unit should be able to withstand the heat. Please pay close attention to what we ask of your company. We aren't asking for our money back, and we DON'T want to return the unit. We want a safe solution to this issue. What would make us return the PnP and ask for our money back is if that does not happen in a timely reasonable manner.

Sativape

Sorry this is so long… (don’t want any more multiple post lectures :whip:)

@VapeWeeed - That really sucks, I am so sorry this happened to you! Did you do this when your unit was warm or cold? Reason for asking is your PES PonG looks fractured, not melted. You state you haven’t cleaned this and it shows! So was your unit stuck in goo? Someone long ago (sorry, before I tried to pay attention to author names) mentioned getting theirs stuck and broken due to being glued by the goo, and recommended if this happens to warm the unit a bit before trying to remove a stuck PonG…

Regarding PES, I finally decided to see what mother Google had to say about Polyethersulfone. Here is an excellent reference by some lads at Mitsui Chemicals, Inc. (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CCYQFjAA&url=http://bdml.stanford.edu/twiki/pub/Haptics/MaterialSelection/Polyethersulfone_PES.pdf&ei=PsITU53XPImHogT9xYDYDg&usg=AFQjCNGWIEmtyp_0XtYGfVOBF944LQNV2w&bvm=bv.61965928,d.cGU) about it. There are several grades of PES, but almost all start to give out at 180C (356F - glass transition temperature) and all plots stop at 200C (392F). This temperature is less than setting 2!!! I gave up my MP permanently this past week due to what I show below. The MP funnels the vape & heat to the tip. As you can see, my tip center is rounded, smooth, a bit chipped looking, but definitely not the same color it was when new. @TherealVaporblunt – I will be happy to send this to you. Please message me a RMA# for reference. So folks, I too am officially on the GonG wagon, re-reading all your posts to do something temporary until TRVB has something real…

XhUWQiR.jpg

So to bring a bit more cheer to the forum, the BarnBoy has another Ghetto-toolz he wants to share with you all. This one is largely in thanks to @Sativape for inspiration/innovation. In the photo below, I am taking a stack of x8 AA Alkaline batteries and feeding that voltage to my Proto1 Car Charger using a female auto port. This is in turn operating the PNP on setting 3. This is going to be a big saver for long hikes/skiing or long periods w/o power. Though my buddies are laughing and telling me, “wouldn’t a match be lighter to pack”…

It works on the D cells (stack of x8 shown), but will charge only with a 9V battery. This is largely due to the voltage input allowed by the Proto1 DC-DC. Proto2 Car Charger should remove this limit (coming soon!). Thus this topology could be used for NiMH or any other kind of battery technology…

l22Ps6C.jpg

9RIzsox.jpg

@MileHighLife Please keep us informed about your FastTech device you posted Pinnacle Pro. Of all the devices posted, this is the only commercial device I have seen that should work just fine with the power demands of the PNP. Just set the bugger to 5.5V and you should be good to go out that 5.5mm connector (measure voltage first!).

So you all can do your own proto chargers all you need is a DC-DC converter that can do at least 3A (2.5A min). Your voltage should be nominally set to 5.5V and able to handle pulses of 2.1A. Here is how my PNP behaves…
4.4-5.2V => Charge only. And even then anything less than 4.8V didn't show charge current levels like it was really charging. Charge current is approx 0.82amps...

5.3-5/5.7V => Operation/Charge. Peak current is 2.1Amps and pulses between a nominal 1.1Amps (or less!) and the 2.1Amp level as the device controls the heater temperature. Higher voltages will give slightly higher currents.

If lower than 4.3V, system has a single yellow like color led rising. If attempting operating in Charge range, unit will error with similar error. Typically post error, unit will go back to Charge mode...

A current limited supply will act like you are plugging in/out the power plug about once a second due to how power supply protect in over current. Eventually the PNP will error or just not heat...

If above 5.8V then unit will have a single orange/red like color rising. I didn't wait long to see if it stopped, and pulled the plug...

When the PNP is idle (fully charged), it still consumes 0.5A of current…

It looks like the PNP has basic power supply protection to protect itself. I was not going to test reverse voltage. There is a CE stamp, so if TRVB tested it to the CE standards, then someone gave it the royal scrutinizer for electrical emissions and safety...

Cheers,
-BB

@BB

Awesome work man!

Thanks for the acknowledgement.

But you helped me out a lot too.

So here is what I've come up with so far.

8 x AA NiMH (9.6V) charging:
eHM6NnN.jpg

8 x AA operating the PNP:
aVtdS4b.jpg

I figured not everyone has rechargeable NiMH's hanging around.

So, for any 18V tool owners.

Ryobi 18V battery charging the PNP:
nByBoky.jpg

Ryobi 18V battery operating the PNP:
AMJux4e.jpg

I've also tested with Alkalines and it works perfect.

Have tried 3 x 3 sessions with all different power sources and no issues.

None of my batteries were drained or close to it.

I'm going to confirm exactly how many sessions I can get out of this gizmo with each battery configuration.

I'm report back with the results.

I have a few more ideas that might make this easier for everyone to build on their own.

It's good to know that if certain situations, we don't have to rely solely on charging.

VapeWeeed

@BarnBoy There is no goo..as previously stated this unit has only been in use for 3-4 days, and I only vaped maybe 2 grams total in it..I vaped alot more than that in my last PnP and I never saw any goo in that one either, the battery just died in less than 2 weeks. Not to mention the mouthpiece cracking and whatnot around the edges.

I can't figure out why they went with the plastic..and not only that but never thinking of making a glass alternative until this late in the game.

It occurred while I was vaporizing. I emailed TRVB, hoping for a quick response.

Last edited:

BarnBoy

Reformed Combustor
@BarnBoy There is no goo..as previously stated this unit has only been in use for 3-4 days, and I only vaped maybe 2 grams total in it..I vaped alot more than that in my last PnP and I never saw any goo in that one either, the battery just died in less than 2 weeks. Not to mention the mouthpiece cracking and whatnot around the edges.

I can't figure out why they went with the plastic..and not only that but never thinking of making a glass alternative until this late in the game.

It occurred while I was vaporizing. I emailed TRVB, hoping for a quick response.

I meant no offense @VapeWeeed! Maybe it was the lighting on your photo, but the backside of that PonG screen looked pretty gunk ridden… (SORRY!)

@Sativape - Was teamwork mate! :cheers:
That drill battery idea is killer for those on the construction work site. Looking forward to your next posts on this topic…

All – please put that rope away! :rip:
The photo below shows my MP adapter screen. You can see there is no sign of damage of any kind. I think the tip was damaged due to the concentration/funneling of the hot vape. I do not see any rounding on the adapter side of the tip interface. So maybe the tip is not the same PES as the adapter…

Definitely in the DO NOT USE pile…
-BB
hzbxhLL.jpg

VapeWeeed

@BarnBoy I see what you're talking about, and no offense taken lol..I wasn't comin at you or anything. That effect could be coming from the melted plastic maybe? Not sure..but there definitely isn't any resin or goo for the mouthpiece to get stuck on or anything.

And that mouthpiece looks awesome..too bad mine never looked like that! Every mouthpiece I've owned has had cracking or crumbling of some sort around the screen.

Last edited:

BarnBoy

Reformed Combustor
For the clean, you all can thank @WildChild for the ultrasonic tank idea. That works great as does plain old hot water for a fast effortless clean. I have a laundry sink with a small hose attached to the faucet...

Having stuff clean allowed me to inspect and notice this issue with the MP tip. I dismissed the MP at first largely due to others posts and dry runs in the barn; too restrictive and uncomfortable. But I needed something while the PonG was in the ultrasonic bath, so I used the MP for 6 days at 4-7 bullets per day. I started to like the MP, restriction wasn't an issue as I now flow slow to get better clouds (again from advice from the forum!). By day 6, the tip was totally clogged. I do admit the MP is a bit more stealth in ones mouth than PonG, but constrains the angle/lights to two faces...

I am so happy with the GonG progress of others. Their work has helped me in my research this evening...
-BB :buzz:

herbivore21

Here's my chipped PES PonG again before it went the way of the dinosaur (or rather, to the dump). Never used above setting 3.

11t8wvc.jpg

Krizzle

Hi Very high
Morning all. I've just jumped on the pinnacle pro train after losing my MFLB and Iolite :(. Still have my solo thankfully. Just received my Pn Pro this morning and stuck it on charge. Pressing/holding down the power button does nothing however? I should be able to use it whilst charging right? Have I got a dead unit or do I need to wait for battery to fully charge? Thanks in advance.

Herr_Dampf

When you open the box there should be a sticker on the plastic inlay that says "CHARGE BEFORE FIRST USE" or something similar. The PNP works while charging, can't say if thats true before the first full charge though. However, you should get a few solid blue lights and one blinking while charging. This tells you the current charge. When the blinking stops the PNP is charged. If you don't get any lights while charging, there may be an issue.

Last edited:
Herr_Dampf,
Reactions: Krizzle

Krizzle

Hi Very high
When you open the box there should be a sticker on the plastic inlay that says "CHARGE BEFORE FIRST USE" or something similar. The PNP works while charging, can't say if thats true before the first full charge though. However, you should get a few solid blue lights and one blinking while charging. This tells you the current charge. When the blinking stops the PNP is charged. If you don't get any lights while charging, there may be an issue.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I saw the sticker and throw it on its charging stand straight away. Its charging OK as we speak now, currently at 4 lights flashing. I am just concerned nothing happens when pressing the button. To turn it on is it just one press or hold the button down? Otherwise I am very impressed with the unit just hope I haven't got a dud :uhoh:

Herr_Dampf

Dude, no offense intended but please read the manual that comes with the unit.
1 button press turns the unit on, lowest heat setting, each following press of the button increases the heating level by 1, up until 5 and circles back to 1 again. A long press turns the unit off. If left on, the unit switches off after 8 minutes by itself. According to the manufacturer the regular flower bullets are meant for heat level 1-4, the small bullet with mesh for concentrates and heat level 5. Furthermore it has been stated to only use the PNP upright as using it heads down may damage the mouthpiece/pong.

Ratm22

Cloud Transcender
Thanks for the reply. However, my screen doesn't seem to be clogged. When I remove the cap from the device and simply draw air, I get a normal airflow. When you experienced this problem, did u have the same issues with the (constantly blinking) light indicators as well?
Odd that your airflow would be stifled like that.
Yes the battery issues are known now. if you are having problems get an rma from vapor blunt. It sucks that your new vape will be gone, but they were pretty fast at getting me a new one.

I have a clear pong, is it any stronger weaker less more chemicals?

Pinnacle just got demoted to sitting in its case. It will come back out when we figure out the pong issues.

Last edited:
Ratm22,

Krizzle

Hi Very high
Dude, no offense intended but please read the manual that comes with the unit.
1 button press turns the unit on, lowest heat setting, each following press of the button increases the heating level by 1, up until 5 and circles back to 1 again. A long press turns the unit off. If left on, the unit switches off after 8 minutes by itself. According to the manufacturer the regular flower bullets are meant for heat level 1-4, the small bullet with mesh for concentrates and heat level 5. Furthermore it has been stated to only use the PNP upright as using it heads down may damage the mouthpiece/pong.

Thanks again my unit is working :) it needed that full charge to get going. I have read the manual but sadly only the first 50 pages of this thread (so far) I will be jumping on the GonG from pinnacle soon as its released but for now I wont be using my unit above level 3 to avoid any issues (hopefully). I only have the PN WT so no upside down action for me..time.and we have lift off!

Krizzle,

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
For the clean, you all can thank @WildChild for the ultrasonic tank idea. That works great as does plain old hot water for a fast effortless clean. I have a laundry sink with a small hose attached to the faucet...

Having stuff clean allowed me to inspect and notice this issue with the MP tip. I dismissed the MP at first largely due to others posts and dry runs in the barn; too restrictive and uncomfortable. But I needed something while the PonG was in the ultrasonic bath, so I used the MP for 6 days at 4-7 bullets per day. I started to like the MP, restriction wasn't an issue as I now flow slow to get better clouds (again from advice from the forum!). By day 6, the tip was totally clogged. I do admit the MP is a bit more stealth in ones mouth than PonG, but constrains the angle/lights to two faces...

I am so happy with the GonG progress of others. Their work has helped me in my research this evening...
-BB :buzz:
Thank you for the shout out, BB...the ultrasonic cleaner keeps all my vape parts sparkling clean. I also appreciate all the useful info you have provided.

I've never had any issues with the PonG or MP melting or chipping, and I go up to level 4 with my herb every time. I did have to replace my unit once due to electrical issues, but my attachments are all in good shape.

But I do hope that those of you with issues get satisfaction. This vape is very effective at extraction and has kept me very happy. I wish the same for you.

Grim Chiclets

Just my luck- got a MP and PonG for until I swap with my friend... and of course they're both the PC ones..
Balls.
Even said for the Pinnacle Pro model too...
:goat:->:shrug:->:suspicious:->:disgust:->:cry:->:hmm:->:huh:

Grim Chiclets,
Reactions: Ratm22
Top Bottom