Phattpiggies Wood Shed

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE

Well that quick look turned into 90 minutes of drooling :)

Still, vapcap stem holder anyone?

https://www.exoticblanks.com/Art-Glass-Pen-Holder-Small-06.html

1491578_806257439386693_7016184065978827381_n.jpg

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
I've been buying blanks from various people and have had conversations with a few 'normal' people and being in the UK it's a little difficult to explain to people what I buy their products for.

Mokume Man foned and we have a quick chat, it turns out he was very apologetic he'd just got off a long stint of nights and wasn't with it and had just done a turning show etc etc.

So as you do we had a chat as he went round the warehouse picking out blanks for me, we get talking I tell him that I'm sorry if my email was a little short but given he had a full time job as well I now understood why he was never in contact.

And as you do I asked what he did full time, turns out he's not got long before he leaves the police force.

Mokume Man works for one of the more liberal of forces over here but he sure as shit ain't gonna meet Phattpiggie.

Anyways he stepped up and I had some stuff arrive. So I roughed them out today.
Will keep buying from him but it'll be fun skirting round some topics.
Top to bottom Cherry Burl, Thuya Burl, Figured Mango, Lava Explosion and Blue River acrylics, a Buffalo Horn and another Cobaltium Mokume'ish.
z2hwLk1.jpg

Friday I had these arrive, a different guy who has some different stuff, you've got it good in the States.
QVNPdDe.jpg

The Osage has some really great grain going on, it looks oblique cut, my fingers were crossed it would turn out just as nice. Didn't turn this one down as far in the hope that some of it would be there when I finished.
T0aEVvO.jpg

I've been led to believe one or two of you may be enjoying a bit of a holiday over the next few days, enjoy everybody.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Yep that horn one and the lava one looks delicious!

Keep that new supplier at a distance, unless they are phatt they are just a pig and can't be trusted. I go burned by a long term old school friend who joined the police and then screwed a bunch of us over all at once. Luckily he broke several procedures so nothing came of it but it was a stressful time and we are no longer friends.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
I can see what's happening here, there's a pattern and you can all piss off.:lol:
'Lets get Lava and Horn so PP has to communicate with the enemy."
Not funny at all.

@emmdeemo the site I linked is really good. I'll find a way to make it worthwhile paying the shipping costs.

@Squiby when he said he had a piece with a sandy colour in it I was happy to take it. Not sure how it'll turn or smell like when I still it.

@Diggy Smalls I'm not the best at it and we all know how things slip our minds now and again. As soon as he said he worked full time I understood. Just wish he'd mentioned it from the start.

@GreenHopper I've managed to have minimal contact with members of his profession. I'll be on the ball with this one. Ironic he's from the UK"s most lenient county.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
UK"s most lenient county.

For now, they are a fickle bunch. Fingers crossed, here is hoping the UK either give the war on green or cut popo funding back so far that its just impractical for them to care. My guess is they'll stick with the latter.

I'm still delighted with the last stem you made me. Right now I'm more likely to ask you to attempt an MFLB Orbiter stand but I'm still tempted to get a scientific or custom glass setup ala @The Beagle's design which will require a stand so I'm still deliberating.

All these stems look amazing so I'll definitely be getting another at some point but glass is my next foray.

davesmith

Glass Blower
There may be a way to absorb some of cost with a bulk order @emmdeemo.
Or there are other ways and means.
I'd post something in the glass thread I'm sure they can't be that hard to make compared to some of the proper exotic glass available.
@davesmith is in the UK, perhaps.
I still like the VC stand idea.

Sorry dude feel well bad for never making you anything. It's justifying the cost of things. I am waiting to sort an order from Dyna for an m and a ti tip so that may give me more incentive to make a few stems for you. It's not too difficult to do but you gotta practice a few times, flail a few, refine designs and all that cost time and money. Two things I don't have a lot of at the moment lol but I haven't forgot and would love to be a bit more active with the vape movement. It's in the list of things but keeps getting pushed down below paying jobs etc. But I haven't forgotten! Peace people

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
No need to apologise, I know you have your hands full and for all the right reasons.
I tagged you as having seen on IG what you've been up to I thought the stand option may be a little easier to do than the blown delicate piece that I showed you.
VC or dab tool stand, I'm sure you'd sell them easy enough.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@GreenHopper you'll have to let me have a link to the @The Beagle's idea. I've looked at all manner of lab glass in the past.
Jig's take a bit of time to get together but they are well worth making.
One out another one in.
eO0ijZn.jpg

An upgrade on my fone means the pictures I'm taking are a lot more crisp, when I get them right.
The original idea was for Blackwood ends but after seeing the Birds Eye Maple Twist I was asked if it was possible to do Maple ends.
DYSptdR.jpg

Birds Eye Maple, Blue River acrylic with Aluminium accents.
HsYr4Qa.jpg

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
@GreenHopper you'll have to let me have a link to the @The Beagle's idea. I've looked at all manner of lab glass in the past.

This post gives a rough idea of what I'm thinking.

Setup similar to @The Beagle's:

JMi8ztD_d.jpg

:D :bowdown:

The stand would need to be built, I'd want a matching stem to go with it, might as well :brow:

I've seen 'round bottom triple neck flasks' about:
glass_flask_round_bottom_three_necks_borosilicate_glass_glassco_250ml_19_26_19_26_1476178027.png

Glass Flask, Round Bottom, Three Necks, Borosilicate Glass (GLASSCO) 250ml, 19/26, 19/26

If I could find the right adapters and down stem this would make an awesome bubbler for dual wielding vapes or single vape plus carb control. :rockon:

EDIT:

That blue stem is beautiful by the way, looks like vapour going through a blue stem :ko:

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
The three neck flask is very cool because you can use one of the two smaller necks as a carb. I wanted to carb with a glass plug so I had a carbed dropdown adapter custom made but it would be way simpler this way.
IMHO the easiest way to design a stand for something like that would be to buy a proper flask clamp and add a wooden base.

flask_clamp2.jpg

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
The three neck flask is very cool because you can use one of the two smaller necks as a carb. I wanted to carb with a glass plug so I had a carbed dropdown adapter custom made but it would be way simpler this way.
IMHO the easiest way to design a stand for something like that would be to buy a proper flask clamp and add a wooden base.

flask_clamp2.jpg

I'm currently investigating what my options are for the glass piece. My preference is for a 250ml round bottom flask with 3x 18mm sockets. Rather than have them inline though I'd want them layer out in a more triangular fashion.

Off the shelf layout (top down view):
qXsENk4.jpg

What I'd prefer:
HUitMCC.jpg

I don't know if it's possible, so might have to go for the off the shelf, but I figured I'd reach out to a few folk and see what the options and costs are.

Regarding the stand, I really want a custom wooden stand similar to yours but probably only 3x support risers.

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
I'm currently investigating what my options are for the glass piece. My preference is for a 250ml round bottom flask with 3x 18mm sockets. Rather than have them inline though I'd want them layer out in a more triangular fashion.

AFAIK there's no standard lab equipment like that but I guess it would be pretty easy for a glass blower to make a custom one.
Keep in mind that mine is a 500ml flask so the 250ml is going to be pretty small.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
AFAIK there's no standard lab equipment like that but I guess it would be pretty easy for a glass blower to make a custom one.
Keep in mind that mine is a 500ml flask so the 250ml is going to be pretty small.

Oh it would definitely have to be custom blown. The hard part is finding someone willing to do the work.

I currently use an MFLB and love it. I do t tend to use too much water.

This custom unit is my aim for a more stable system that offers a bit more oomph with 18mm sockets and the additional tertiary socket for carb/dual vape use.

However if I go custom I can ask for any volume I like so may bump it up a little. I feel like 500ml might be too much but I'm still feeling it out at the moment.

I just want to take the opportunity to thank you @The Beagle and @phattpiggie and others who are helping me out with great advice and guidance. Really appreciate it. :tup:

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
@GreenHopper I've found some 250ml vertical 3 neck boiling flasks, I think the triangular config will mean a custom blown option.
How many ml's is the Otbiter?

Hiya bud, the Orbiter is 150ml full, I tend to have mine only about 1/5 - > 1/4 full.

I think the 250ml will be plenty.

When you say you've found a triple vertical flask do mean all three sockets are 18mm but are in line? The triangulate geometry will definitely need to be a custom job, might be possible, I don't know just yet. I've put feelers out so I'm waiting to see what kind of response I get back.

I think even if I can't get the triangle geometry this is still a fun a awesome little project.

Thanks @phattpiggie :tup:

VanCough

Environmentalist
Sorry to hijack the thread @phattpiggie but I imagine others reading this are also wanting to ask @The Beagle where he got his flask and mouthpiece from? Is it all custom blown or can it be found on DHgate?

Not interested in the drop down or third socket as I'm happy to pull my vaporiser out of the socket for the rush.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Sorry to hijack the thread @phattpiggie but I imagine others reading this are also wanting to ask @The Beagle where he got his flask and mouthpiece from? Is it all custom blown or can it be found on DHgate?

Not interested in the drop down or third socket as I'm happy to pull my vaporiser out of the socket for the rush.

Hello bud,

I've been looking here: Glass Flask, Round Bottom, Three Necks, Borosilicate Glass (GLASSCO) 250ml, 19/26, 19/26

If you are in a different country then use the link text above to do a search, you should find someone in your country that supplies these flasks.

Personally I'm looking for a UK glass blower tats willing to make me a more custom design. Then I want @phattpiggie if he is willing to make me a stand for it.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@GreenHopper yes everything was vertically inline, I've no idea about glass can it be 'welded', @PeteSeattle and @davesmith.
For instance could you buy a single neck flask and a couple of joints and make a triple neck??

No worries @VanCough, as Greenhopper says take a look there are a lot of pieces of lab glass that will work.

Yes would be the answer Greenhopper we may have to poke the glass people over here, Dave, to see what's possible.

It's been great to get a bit of sunshine but now the crops are being brought in there is a plague of thunder flies. They fry my head and make doing anything a real pain.

The day I cut the Cherry burr up for a blank I also squared up a lump of it. It's going to the guy who gave me it, I could have cut it up further for blanks but liked the look of it too much.
fmQg65Y.jpg

Nearly finished the Walnut 'power bank' just need to work out a way of holding it together, I am looking for a leather strap, magnets would be the 'norm' but I'm not sure.
Did a Spalted Beech off centre platter which keeps you on the ball.
Also did another Telescopic BW Twist,
0tODe1w.jpg

wY8VLWW.jpg

Three more stems and I'll be sorting out a new list, I'll make sure and give everyone plenty of notice and time to get back to me.

PeteSeattle

@GreenHopper yes everything was vertically inline, I've no idea about glass can it be 'welded', @PeteSeattle and @davesmith.
For instance could you buy a single neck flask and a couple of joints and make a triple neck??

Yikes, I'd go ahead and purchase the finished one. Similar to requests for, "can you fix my WP?" It's tricky but a more experienced glass blower can probably do this. I can make accessories but I haven't graduated to Rigs yet. Sorry, @GreenHopper

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Yes would be the answer Greenhopper we may have to poke the glass people over here, Dave, to see what's possible.

Thanks @phattpiggie, I've already had a chat with @davesmith, unfortunately he's currently maxed out but he helped me with a ball park cost so I know what to expect and is dropping a few nuggets of wisdom.

I'm going to open up a new thread as I feel like I'm derailing yours.

Yikes, I'd go ahead and purchase the finished one. Similar to requests for, "can you fix my WP?" It's tricky but a more experienced glass blower can probably do this. I can make accessories but I haven't graduated to Rigs yet. Sorry, @GreenHopper

Hi Pete,

No need to apologise bud, thanks for responding. You'll be on to rigs in no time at all. :)

I may well go with the off the shelf option but before I do I'm going to hit up Facebook (yeh I'm gonna risk logging in to that monster) and see who's who in the UK glass world.

In the mean time I'm going to try and sketch up what I'm thinking as I'd like to see what it looks like on paper.

Thanks guys

GH

Top Bottom