Phase3 Vaporizers

dtrdrk

Hmmm… maybe you could redesign the top lid of the ZX to double as a diffusor? The chinese ball vape company on Aliexpress does this. Maybe check them out for some inspiration. That way every ZX user could get a diffusor upgrade and you could make some profit by selling us the new top lids. Win win 🤷‍♂️

Nevermind, i did not realize that the ZX is made of one piece. Still, maybe re-designing the ZX to be both injector and diffusor might work? Alternatively make a dedicated diffusor that at least fits the ZX bowl.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Sounds great 2bh. And did you say it would be induction heater capable?

Yeah! it's induction compatible as it is designed to work with Dynavap caps to provide temperature indication and function as a magnetic susceptor for induction heating.

After my experience with my second round preorder ZX so far (:cool:), I would buy one of these instantly. The ZX's transparency and intensity of flavor are unmatched by anything in my collection. I'm grinding pebbles and still loading more than enough for a satisfying one hit cloud. Something with the same quality of minimalist engineering in a Dynavap-esque form factor would see a lot of use from me! Definitely interested in any other portables you come up with also.

That's exactly what the ZX really excels at is that one dreamy crusher so I'm always stoked that people are enjoying it just how it was meant to be! The efficiency is crazy.

I owned the original Dynavap made of glass so I was sort of looking at an ode to that while also putting my own spin on things.
Originally it started as just a cooling stem idea but over the years it sort of transformed into being its own vape. I noticed people would change metal stems to glass and say the metal was muting flavor, so to me it just made sense to try and get rid of the metal tip for that project. The metal tips also traditionally dump a lot of heat into the stems, which the zirconia design alleviates as it only has 20% of the conductivity. With the Helix tip I see there's some remediation going on there. I remember posting on here in 2020 about how the heat sinks end up storing more heat and make the tips take longer to heat up. It's cool for me to see these newer finless tip designs as it makes me feel like I'm still on the right path with understanding the heat transfer involved.

Thanks for the motivation! I just designed another wild portable yesterday (I'm on a roll lately lol)
Imagine a vape that heats up fast like a Dyna, but can crush a fatty like a big 20-25MM plugin ball vape 🧐
Now that's pretty unique. My new thing lately is creating new technology to replicate ball vape power, but remove the beads themselves.
Yeah you definitely had to make a drop for that.
A pure diffuser style with this reduced size would be the best thing for me

Totally possible if there's enough interest!
It would be pretty easy to do. I'm trying to get back to work so I'm open to new ideas but I'd prefer to try something that will have more reach.
That is all it would take to reactivate my VAS. Still waiting anxiously for my ZX dropping the 20th. Yeah!

Thanks for rocking with the Z Tribe!!
You're in for a treat 🍬

Hmmm… maybe you could redesign the top lid of the ZX to double as a diffusor? The chinese ball vape company on Aliexpress does this. Maybe check them out for some inspiration. That way every ZX user could get a diffusor upgrade and you could make some profit by selling us the new top lids. Win win 🤷‍♂️

Nevermind, i did not realize that the ZX is made of one piece. Still, maybe re-designing the ZX to be both injector and diffusor might work? Alternatively make a dedicated diffusor that at least fits the ZX bowl.

Respectfully I have no interest in copying designs from anybody, much less from clone companies who have never vaped a single hit before.

The ZX bowl has been specifically designed to function effectively in usage just like a diffuser as far as airflow goes.

Presumably people are looking for more conduction with a diffuser design, which would be even less than the normal ZX if adapted for the current bowl, as the ZXBowl has already been designed to minimize conduction. If heated from the outside it would be less than a normal ZX.

If the Z Tribe want a ZX diffuser/hybrid it would require a complete redesign.

My thing is my products must serve a purpose. I can't just sell a bunch of redundant designs or useless accessories like tamping tools.

Personally I think the injector vs diffuser thing is a bit blown out of proportion as being radically different. I mean, traditional injectors don't really vape evenly so maybe that's why people who haven't used a ZX are often thinking it needs to be a diffuser. The ZXBowl alleviates that uneven heating.

Though as one of the few nonmetallic offerings on the market, a ZXHybrid would actually perform a bit different from the ZX though, as the ZX has such low levels of conduction by design - a ZXH (with a heat soak) would function more like one of those T360 vapes or the BAK.

Officially in on the pre-order for the ZX... my VAS can't be stopped! I am excited for those one snap tasty convection rips! :rockon:

Welcome to the Z Tribe friend thanks so much for giving me a chance!
Can't wait for you to experience these tasty snappers in all their biomedical grade purity!

I just cleaned my bowl about ready for lunch and a taster! :lol:

AssistedLiving

Personally I think the injector vs diffuser thing is a bit blown out of proportion as being radically different. I mean, traditional injectors don't really vape evenly so maybe that's why people who haven't used a ZX are often thinking it needs to be a diffuser. The ZXBowl alleviates that uneven heating.

Though as one of the few nonmetallic offerings on the market, a ZXHybrid would actually perform a bit different from the ZX though, as the ZX has such low levels of conduction by design - a ZXH (with a heat soak) would function more like one of those T360 vapes or the BAK.

I always thought changing the way the head sits on the bowl would change the heating results

frayedknot2

I always thought changing the way the head sits on the bowl would change the heating results

Yeah, The ZXH Idea sounds like a winner. Is that also the one that uses a vapcap? That also sounds like a solid idea. I'm sold on your designs and waiting for a conduction drop. Keep up the good work.

dtrdrk

So i just placed my preorder for the ZX as well. Im wondering if i should ask Ryan to stretch the coil before installing it. For those who tired the coil in stock as well as in a stretched out state: what do you prefer. And why? Cheers

jbm

So i just placed my preorder for the ZX as well. Im wondering if i should ask Ryan to stretch the coil before installing it. For those who tired the coil in stock as well as in a stretched out state: what do you prefer. And why? Cheers
Mine has always been in the stock (unstretched) coil configuration and has worked great. I seem to remember @invertedisdead saying that it was designed to be used that way.

pop2012

A drop for enthusiasts.
I love the pure diffuser style.
So in 16mm it would be perfect.
I could use my phase 3 stuff for years without having the temptation to buy other stuff elsewhere... until new products appear that will surpass current vapes.
Can you dumb down the advantages of a diffuser style for me? Is it air flow? Would the zirc prevent heat sink hybrid style pulls?

Clapped_r6

Here's what I know:
I reach for the ZX over my FT. I can load a tiny snapper, or 3 scoops and milk it session style. Either way flavor is amazing.
When doing sessions, I just leave the heater on the bowl the whole time. The bowl does get pretty warm, but I think it adds to complete extraction.
I was going to go the diffuser route, but don't really see the point. This thing is flexible enough for me

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

Putting the head closer to the material typically adds more conduction down the bowl. When extracting with a fluid (hot air) the proximity to the heater is less important (to a degree)

It still depends on the materials used.
For example a thick wood bowl is nearly always going to stay cool compared to a thin titanium one.

Yeah, The ZXH Idea sounds like a winner. Is that also the one that uses a vapcap? That also sounds like a solid idea. I'm sold on your designs and waiting for a conduction drop. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for rocking with me!

The one that uses a vapcap for temp indication and induction heating capability is the Puritan. I don’t know if I like that name anymore though lol. People might try and turn that into something more than I was going for.

I’m thinking of renaming that one to the Lil Vap 😂 cause the new design is only 50MM (2 inches long) in its entirety.

I just heard back on that one last night, it should be doable for the price point I’m trying to reach.

Thanks for giving me a chance!
Welcome to the Z Tribe friend!

There isn’t really any room left on the new ZX housing to stretch the coil anymore as it’s a tight, clean fit just like the ZXL.

A drop for enthusiasts.
I love the pure diffuser style.
So in 16mm it would be perfect.
I could use my phase 3 stuff for years without having the temptation to buy other stuff elsewhere... until new products appear that will surpass current vapes.

Maybe after this next round of ZX’s are sold through! I’m not sure it would make sense to offer that alongside the current ZX injector.

Realistically there’s a strong chance my next release will be one of these portable concepts just to see how that goes.

I still want to do the 25MM wireless but think it might be better to try to do something with more reach first. Can’t imagine the 25MM would garner much more interest (if any) than the ZXL but maybe I’m wrong there?

Here's what I know:
I reach for the ZX over my FT. I can load a tiny snapper, or 3 scoops and milk it session style. Either way flavor is amazing.
When doing sessions, I just leave the heater on the bowl the whole time. The bowl does get pretty warm, but I think it adds to complete extraction.
I was going to go the diffuser route, but don't really see the point. This thing is flexible enough for me

Absolutely smashing!

The ZX has a very real habit of displacing those much larger vapes. 😤

The single pass extraction is where it’s at. 🫠

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Will the Lil Vap be portable like a dynavap? I like the idea of a good portable for away from home use. My mighty just doesn't do it for me. Cheers!

Yeah in its simplest form it’s like a full zirconia dyna that uses their established cap designs for temperature indication and induction capability. The original idea was wanting to turn an Arizer stem into its own vape, and the original Dyna is similar to that so it’s inspired by both of those. I love the easy cleaning of the Arizer stems so that’s something I really wanted to incorporate. It makes the design more expensive and complicated but it makes the simplicity perfect.

The small size makes it ideal as a pure ceramic “bowl” for water pipe or j-hook usage but it uses a new dual zone cooling design for comfortable vapor natively despite the tiny size. The size just makes it harder to spin, so ideally it would be heated with an induction heater or by torch with a FMJ or similar.

Zirconia has 3x the density (mass per gram) compared to glass, 20% the thermal conductivity of Titanium or stainless steel, and the bowl is 25% thicker than standard dyna tips for maximum heat retention.

I’ll try and post up the new renderings of that one today when I get back to my laptop.

I’ve got some other unique portables in the design phase but they need further testing and development.

add1noob

I still want to do the 25MM wireless but think it might be better to try to do something with more reach first. Can’t imagine the 25MM would garner much more interest (if any) than the ZXL but maybe I’m wrong there?
I really think you should put out some renderings and have another vote on Instagram to see what everyone prefers. I'm honestly fine with either and would probably end up buying both anyways. Maybe consider doing a kickstarter type pre-order where you release both on your website and see which one gets the most pre-orders. Maybe do a pre-order and then make a discord for it so everyone who pre-ordered can get updates and put in some input.

hotmeals

Serial vapist
Thanks for the motivation! I just designed another wild portable yesterday (I'm on a roll lately lol)
Imagine a vape that heats up fast like a Dyna, but can crush a fatty like a big 20-25MM plugin ball vape 🧐
Now that's pretty unique. My new thing lately is creating new technology to replicate ball vape power, but remove the beads themselves.
I just heard back on that one last night, it should be doable for the price point I’m trying to reach.
Realistically there’s a strong chance my next release will be one of these portable concepts just to see how that goes.
I’ve got some other unique portables in the design phase but they need further testing and development.
Big hype! Can't wait for some portable Phase 3 goodness

Oden

There is always a little excitement around cordless vapes, and none are available in zircon.
And in this community I noticed that surely most prefer the diffuser style.
I still love my ZX!
I've tried a few other metallic vapes.. and that works great too, but I always come back to my ZX because it's unbeatable flavor-wise.
And it's perfect for saving on weed and keeping my tolerance under control.

Of course you are not wrong! Portable vaporizers are the ones that work best in this niche industry in terms of sales.

Do what's best for your business 💪🏻

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
Have you considered a diffuser built using a 16mm coil? All the diffusers use really large diameters and diameter coils. We've gone to 14mm injectors. I know a guy that has made a smaller diffuser using some ti parts and loves it. BTW: He runs it both wired and wireless.

Could we get a smaller injector with your bowl design instead of the bigger one? I think your design is outstanding. I'd love a diffuser. I'd probably get the larger one if you release it but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the ZX. I really believe in smaller is better now that I've enjoyed the ZX.

Is this a possibility?

Maddy

Top Bottom