Phase3 Vaporizers

lazylathe

Almost there...
Does someone have news from @invertedisdead ? I haven't had any answer since my mp (or email), and I see he hasn't posted for more than a week, I hope he is Ok.

He is in the middle of a big move!
Moving house and setting it all up again can take a while.
I am sure he will be back at it again in a week or so!

There were quite a few posts about this a few pages back I think. He wanted to let everyone know he would be MIA for a while.

f2j

Chaque jour est une chance
He is in the middle of a big move!
Moving house and setting it all up again can take a while.
I am sure he will be back at it again in a week or so!

There were quite a few posts about this a few pages back I think. He wanted to let everyone know he would be MIA for a while.

He got back to my IG DM last night, think he's still busy w/ the move.
Thanks guys. I already broke the glass piece I used as a bowl yesterday. I am currently using a 18=>14mm adapter as a bowl in a D020 but it's a very precarious and tricky solution so I can't wait to have the z bowl.

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
It was a great show with Troy and Jerry. The bowl and screen issue was pretty clear. IMO if this vape is going to take off then these title details need to be sorted out. Love the ZX. I still think the screen issue with both bowls needs to be improved.

Great to see the recognition. Lots of cool talk in the 420VapeZone discord.

Oden

Finally some recognition from two vape critics One was in awe of what the little beast was doing the other was wondering why he’s not coughing a lung up as usual finally our secret is out
That's what Troy told me when I pointed out that he hadn't coughed once with the ZX.
Yet he always coughs with other vape balls in his videos.
But apparently it's thanks to the Venty and not the ZX 🤦🏻

"i love that i cough less with it, but for full transparency i'm not pulling as hard as I used to always pull
the venty's open airflow has made me pull a little bit softer, less negative pressure makes the vapor easier on my throat"

simba

@weedanwine
That's what Troy told me when I pointed out that he hadn't coughed once with the ZX.
Yet he always coughs with other vape balls in his videos.
But apparently it's thanks to the Venty and not the ZX 🤦🏻

"i love that i cough less with it, but for full transparency i'm not pulling as hard as I used to always pull
the venty's open airflow has made me pull a little bit softer, less negative pressure makes the vapor easier on my throat"

Anyone want some salt for that opinion 😬😂

Oden

Troy had been using the Venti a lot so it probably had settled his throat down. He hadn't used a ball vape in about a week before trying the ZX.
Troy had been using the Venti a lot so it probably had settled his throat down. He hadn't used a ball vape in about a week before trying the ZX.
Yeah probably...
But he coughed at the beginning of his video, even though it was a dab.
And I don't have the impression that he pulls less hard on his bubbler than in his previous videos 🤷
I'm sure if he had done a session with his B0 in this video, he would have coughed hard.
From my experience since I got the ZX I have never coughed. And this is the same feedback I received from other users.
Personally with my other vapes like the TP80 or TM2 I coughed constantly, and vaping became really painful.
So yeah for me the ZX really has this unique ability to make the vapor gentle for people who have sensitive throats.
But I really liked this video.
And it’s finally a great recognition for this great vape ❤️

TedJones

It was a great show with Troy and Jerry. The bowl and screen issue was pretty clear. IMO if this vape is going to take off then these title details need to be sorted out. Love the ZX. I still think the screen issue with both bowls needs to be improved.

Great to see the recognition. Lots of cool talk in the 420VapeZone discord.
Setting the screen into the glass is quite easy once you get the hang of it with a male joint. It’s definitely the most finicky I’ve experienced. Can usually scrape it out with very light strokes with a poker upside down. I also have a mini wire “cup” type brush that works wonders too. It’ll still flip out once in awhile :clap:The Z screen sits solid in that groove for me and can scrape out that one with force.

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
Thanks for all the screen feedback. For the glass bowl I know the joint trick and I have 3 of them and none of the many screens survive a gentle stir. I'm glad some are finding it works.

The Zirc bowl screen is in there good in the ridge. I clean it in place too. That still doesn't get around that it's a bit tricky (I have carpal tunnel and some neurologic issues) so setting the screen is a bit trickier than ALL the other glass bowls I have for 18mm injectors where the screen seats on a ridge and is easy too push out. When the bowl is hot it's EASY to make the ridge. Honestly, this is a simple solve with the right glass blower.

Zirc bowl could be modified to have a ridge for the screen too. IMO that is one of the things that would be helpful.

Also, can't wait for someone to design a ring and a handle for the bowl. I use the rings but again with carpal tunnel I would PREFER not to be that close. I have a lot of numbness and some of my digits are no longer heat safe (meaning I won't feel it right away as it burns). That's a concern for some users.

I love the setup. Don't get me wrong. I'm on the Z love wagon. Haven't gone back since the Z8. Just pointing out some things that I think would help expand the Z verse!!!

With love and admiration,

Stueylakes

Ok after a trip to my local post office to gladly hand over £43 in tax this morning i have it. Not often instantly sold and have a hefty arsenal of choice in the toy box but for me, and my preferences this is about it. Just fucking wow. Ball vapes for me are B2, Hot rod, Couch Log and Thermal accumulator. B2 i just use too much material always....hot rod decimates bowls with heavy taste loss but ace extraction, couch log amazing flavour but back to back issue, TA love. This is everything I love about all those device's in one package. Full review once dialled in but pound for pound its stellar. I couldn't see the need for a bigger one, sincerely. Mega job chief. Love it.

lazylathe

Almost there...
Has anyone changed out the balls in their Z8 yet? For science?:science:

I swapped the Rubies out for SiC balls and the result is very noticeable!!
Slightly more extraction at the same temp with flavors still being on point.

I tried some ceramic balls as well but they were not as good as the SiC, I used a blend of ceramic and SiC and that was better than plain Ceramic balls.

Will most likely go back to the Rubies though!

tgvp

Talking about sciencing, I've measured temps, mostly to be sure on how long it takes from a cold start to be ready and I'm curious to compare numbers with someone using a better pid + coil as I have a SZ Crossing setup with the Zx. As it has less coils, I think it is slower to heat up but once the zx is fully loaded with heat, it probably behave the same. Other difference is probably the temperature delta between displayed and measured as on cheaper pid, probe is probably less precise.
At 500F on the PID (can't even change it to a real temp scale 🙃), after around 5 minutes of heating, if I blow through my glass piece with the zx on it (obviously without water), with a contact thermometer on the upper screen, I measure 420F, about the same average temp I measure on the coil itself (temp readings on the coil are between 360 and 480 with a small hot spot at 500, probably where the sensor is located.
On a 20s blow, the temp first peaks to 420 then from 10s to 20s drops from there to 380.
I'm curious if people with longer coils or other PIDs have less difference between displayed and measured
swapped the Rubies out for SiC balls and the result is very noticeable!!
Slightly more extraction at the same temp with flavors still being on point.
I suppose that as sic stores and diffuse more heat, your temperature readings would stay more steady for longer, needing lower temp on pid 🤔 I would be tempted to test, if only the zx wasn't already so great (and sic pearls so expensive 🥺)

lazylathe

Almost there...
Talking about sciencing, I've measured temps, mostly to be sure on how long it takes from a cold start to be ready and I'm curious to compare numbers with someone using a better pid + coil as I have a SZ Crossing setup with the Zx. As it has less coils, I think it is slower to heat up but once the zx is fully loaded with heat, it probably behave the same. Other difference is probably the temperature delta between displayed and measured as on cheaper pid, probe is probably less precise.
At 500F on the PID (can't even change it to a real temp scale 🙃), after around 5 minutes of heating, if I blow through my glass piece with the zx on it (obviously without water), with a contact thermometer on the upper screen, I measure 420F, about the same average temp I measure on the coil itself (temp readings on the coil are between 360 and 480 with a small hot spot at 500, probably where the sensor is located.
On a 20s blow, the temp first peaks to 420 then from 10s to 20s drops from there to 380.
I'm curious if people with longer coils or other PIDs have less difference between displayed and measured

I suppose that as sic stores and diffuse more heat, your temperature readings would stay more steady for longer, needing lower temp on pid 🤔 I would be tempted to test, if only the zx wasn't already so great (and sic pearls so expensive 🥺)

To add to your dilemma... I have also stretched my coils so they cover a lot more of my ZX.
I believe this to be the reason I can run it at 424F on my PID and still achieve full extraction.

I have also swapped back to my rubies!

I picked up a bunch of beads from this place in the States:

Great guy to deal with and quick shipping.

Top Bottom