Phase3 Vaporizers

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/17b2gj8
Top post on vaporents reddit, 48 comments, not one mention of Phase3.

Not posting to be a downer, just in the quest to keep the lights on long term. I think this is good evidence of marketing being a strong culprit for the slow volume.

Certainly aint the product…

Unfortunately I got no solution. Maybe if you get a free few hours just scope the competition’s marketing and see if you can spot a trend to copy or incorporate.

Rooting for ya.

Honestly the only marketing I really see is just offering super low prices. This promotional experiment I'm running with the free electronics has proven that to me in just 1 weeks time. There's way too many options available so the price is the only real deciding factor most shoppers are using. Enthusiasts will see and understand the value I'm adding, that's why they all said my prices are fair and reasonable; but overall, it seems 100% monetary IMHO.

lazylathe

Almost there...
Honestly the only marketing I really see is just offering super low prices. This promotional experiment I'm running with the free electronics has proven that to me in just 1 weeks time. There's way too many options available so the price is the only real deciding factor most shoppers are using. Enthusiasts will see and understand the value I'm adding, that's why they all said my prices are fair and reasonable; but overall, it seems 100% monetary IMHO.

I factor in the materials used as well in my decisions to buy vapes.
Yours use super pure materials and come in a unique colour as well that no one else offers, yet...

I still want to own one of the white original ones with the slots on top!!!

At this stage, I want the absolute minimal metal in my air path or surrounding the beads.
A lot are making these massively heavy heads from SS, brass, ceramic and titanium and I am not interested in these designs anymore.

I love the minimal design of the ZX and it's superior light weight while still being able to hang in the same group as the other overweight vapes.

It's the welterweight champion that boxes in the heavyweight division and is kicking ass!!!

f2j

Chaque jour est une chance
That's it, I'm ready for the new baby to come.
I lost one finger tip in the process with the stationary disc sander lol but I'm glad it's finished.
It took me ages to make that dovetail with a chisel. It's not professional work at all but it's functionnal and the glass piece is perfectly still once the shim is in place.
q3sSYIZk.jpg

STdbisCD.jpg

coolbreeze

That's it, I'm ready for the new baby to come.
I lost one finger tip in the process with the stationary disc sander lol but I'm glad it's finished.
It took me ages to make that dovetail with a chisel. It's not professional work at all but it's functionnal and the glass piece is perfectly still once the shim is in place.
q3sSYIZk.jpg

STdbisCD.jpg
You made your own Convectorium, sorta! Looks like you can use it with everything, too. I wonder if you can find a super-mini 14/14 downstem...

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Great idea @coolbreeze ! @f2j if you can find a 14 14 downstem of any length, you can cut it down with a dremel and a diamond cutting wheel. Get the end of the downstem within a mm or 2 off the floor for great cooling. My tiny dry bong is basically the same.

feralcomprehension

Qualified Observer
Super. Heckin. Cool.
Love the scandi/mcm minimalist vibe.

@invertedisdead I have two questions and an observation regarding something I see as an undersold feature.

Is the zxl internal geometry scaled-up ZX?

What are the chamber IDs at the screen channels?

ZX>>my famous maker's ti bowl for two reasons besides material. The smaller functional screen area is better suited for snap loads; no hot air goes unused. This feature is obvious and I'd like to be able to compare the functional screen sizes of zxlb to one I know.

The other differentiator, which doesn't seem to be discussed much if at all, is how much easier the ZXb is to maintain than its famous ti cousin.

ZX has unobstructed flow all the way through- since nothing projects into the airflow, very little settles out. Mine goes for weeks with nothing but a quick brush out, which I really appreciate.

The inner geometry of my famous ti unit is full of cheap-to-manufacture square edges and apparently zero internal aero engineering, all of which collect so much claim it starts to drip and will eventually seal the separate nozzle to the chamber body. (Love that).

Don't compete on price.

Last edited:

f2j

I was not aware of the Convectorium, it looks so cool !
I'll look for a downstem and give it a try then.

To get back on the track of the thread, about marketing.
There's an old theory by Google from 2010 (but is still pretty much relevant I think) called the "Zero moment of truth".
It's about making information available to your prospects where and when they are starting researching about it and it's competitors.

I know the website has information about the product, but for example, I could not find a lot of videos of the ZX on youtube when I was looking for (only 3 of them on youtube, none of them on the website), and it's not very convenient to go through 115 pages of posts to find some. Whereas some competitors have plenty. When you buy a product like a vaporizer you want to see it being used, demonstrated, you want to know about every detail. At least, I want to.

That did not stop me from pre-ordering, but maybe some people are more hesitant because of that ?

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I love the minimal design of the ZX and it's superior light weight while still being able to hang in the same group as the other overweight vapes.

It's the welterweight champion that boxes in the heavyweight division and is kicking ass!!!

:rockon::rockon::rockon:

Less was always more!

@invertedisdead I have two questions and an observation regarding something I see as an undersold feature.

Is the zxl internal geometry scaled-up ZX?

What are the chamber IDs at the screen channels?

ZX>>my famous maker's ti bowl for two reasons besides material. The smaller functional screen area is better suited for snap loads; no hot air goes unused. This feature is obvious and I'd like to be able to compare the functional screen sizes of zxlb to one I know.

Yeah, ZXL is just a slightly scaled up ZX to fit 20MM coils.
Since the Z8/ZX was the InV1.7 successor, the ZX is already based on an 18MM platform.
So ZXL does not need to be much larger to work with 18MM.

Rather than opt for a huge bead chamber like everyone else, ZXL uses a 25% thicker housing to add a bit more mass to the system, without creating more drag/flow resistance which would detract from vapor production.
Zirconia is a better insulator than ruby beads anyways. :cool:

ZXB is 12MM ID
ZXLB is 15MM ID
ZXLB screen shelves are at 7.5MM and 15MM depths.

ZXB area = 565
ZXLB area = 706 @ 1st shelf (25% larger than ZX) 1060 @ 2nd shelf (nearly double the capacity of ZX)

1st shelf should be great for rapidly crushing ~.2-.25g
2nd shelf should be good for up to 0.5g

The other differentiator, which doesn't seem to be discussed much if at all, is how much easier the ZXb is to maintain than its famous ti cousin.

ZX has unobstructed flow all the way through- since nothing projects into the airflow, very little settles out. Mine goes for weeks with nothing but a quick brush out, which I really appreciate.

The inner geometry of my famous ti unit is full of cheap-to-manufacture square edges and apparently zero internal aero engineering, all of which collect so much claim it starts to drip and will eventually seal the separate nozzle to the chamber body. (Love that).

Don't compete on price.

Yes everything has to be ultra low maintenance, I don't think I've ever even ISO soaked my ZXBowl. For an insta-clean after a vape session while it's still warm I'll pop the screen out, run a Q tip through the joint, and pop a new screen in and its good to go.

And yeah, oil dripping from a metal bowl causes problems.
That's a problem with materials which are too conductive to be an insulator, yet not conductive enough to heat evenly, so the result is what you describe above. The bowl has a built in cooling unit.
Fun fact: all the oils trapped right there are all the ultra stony, sedative, high temp molecules most people want so bad.

I was not aware of the Convectorium, it looks so cool !
I'll look for a downstem and give it a try then.

To get back on the track of the thread, about marketing.
There's an old theory by Google from 2010 (but is still pretty much relevant I think) called the "Zero moment of truth".
It's about making information available to your prospects where and when they are starting researching about it and it's competitors.

I know the website has information about the product, but for example, I could not find a lot of videos of the ZX on youtube when I was looking for (only 3 of them on youtube, none of them on the website), and it's not very convenient to go through 115 pages of posts to find some. Whereas some competitors have plenty. When you buy a product like a vaporizer you want to see it being used, demonstrated, you want to know about every detail. At least, I want to.

That did not stop me from pre-ordering, but maybe some people are more hesitant because of that ?

That's a good point, I thought youtube was super anti canna these days so I never really thought of posting anything there. I always posted usage videos on Vimeo in this thread for that reason, but I haven't really made much videos on here since I started the company officially. I usually post those kind of clips on my Instagram page through Stories. Again because IG was being weird and deleted so many accounts, it's a unique grey area so I tried to make my IG more product oriented rather than usage clips but I can understand why people would want to see that, I think it's a good point. I used to always want to see as many usage vids as I could back in the day. IMHO certain vapes (electronic portables especially) make it super easy to get more appealing, "organic" and fun content - like a Puffco commercial

My vape plugs into the wall and gets hooked to a bong - honestly it's probably not the most romantic setup for content creation, but maybe I can think of a way to make it more interesting or something.

How long will the preorder run for?

Until I sell out of ZXBowls.

I do still have some glass bowls in stock though.

simba

@weedanwine
super easy to get more appealing, "organic" and fun content - like a Puffco commercial

My vape plugs into the wall and gets hooked to a bong - honestly it's probably not the most romantic setup for content creation, but maybe I can think of a way to make it more interesting or something.

You don't need to try too hard in this respect. People don't need a commercial in a Puffco style. They're more interested in general usage, detailed explanations of how it works etc...

If you really want the Puffco style ad though, I'll shoot it for you 😂

add1noob

Until I sell out of ZXBowls.

I do still have some glass bowls in stock though.
Sorry I meant for the new ZXL and will you be offering the coil for the zxxl wireless set up? I mostly stuck between the two. I am fine with wired but I hear lots of good reviews of the term hammer. I think I'm pretty much settled on the ZXL and will probably order it this weekend.

Any recommendations for a new 18mm piece I was looking at the orb from VGoodiEZ as I have the smaller one but I'm looking for my endgame set up so if anyone knows of anything better I'm all ears.

coolbreeze

Sorry I meant for the new ZXL and will you be offering the coil for the zxxl wireless set up? I mostly stuck between the two. I am fine with wired but I hear lots of good reviews of the term hammer. I think I'm pretty much settled on the ZXL and will probably order it this weekend.

Any recommendations for a new 18mm piece I was looking at the orb from VGoodiEZ as I have the smaller one but I'm looking for my endgame set up so if anyone knows of anything better I'm all ears.
GooRoo 3-piece HD is on sale:

So is the CC Vertex:

Bunch of good advice in the cheap glass thread.

f2j

That's a good point, I thought youtube was super anti canna these days so I never really thought of posting anything there. I always posted usage videos on Vimeo in this thread for that reason, but I haven't really made much videos on here since I started the company officially. I usually post those kind of clips on my Instagram page through Stories. Again because IG was being weird and deleted so many accounts, it's a unique grey area so I tried to make my IG more product oriented rather than usage clips but I can understand why people would want to see that, I think it's a good point. I used to always want to see as many usage vids as I could back in the day. IMHO certain vapes (electronic portables especially) make it super easy to get more appealing, "organic" and fun content - like a Puffco commercial

I think since 2021 they are more indulgent (5 years ago they suddenly started banning 420 channels). You just have to be in a legal state and at least 21 yo. I can find plenty of videos of people using vaporizers and not having any problem so that should be ok, even in my country (where it's illegal).

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

I will probably run that ZXL deal until I sell out of the preorder quantity.

They are about 1/3 sold, but I haven't posted anything on Instagram about it, just one post on here really so not that many people even know about it. There's my great marketing skills again :lol: I'll try and post about it on Instagram, just been busy preparing for this move so I haven't really spent much time on it. Once I'm settled in I'll be able to work on that kind of stuff all day long again so that will be cool. Back at it!

ZXL with bowl will probably go up to ~$250-$300 after the preorder discount ends.

As far as wireless heaters I might carry the 25MM Cobra Coil as I'm already carrying Disorderly Conduction gear. Kind of phasing their stuff out though as people seem to prefer the more affordable standard issue electronics. Been designing my own wireless heater but not sure if I'll build any right now as I'm playing with enough projects for the time being :lol:

I think since 2021 they are more indulgent (5 years ago they suddenly started banning 420 channels). You just have to be in a legal state and at least 21 yo. I can find plenty of videos of people using vaporizers and not having any problem so that should be ok, even in my country (where it's illegal).

That's what made it confusing is they never outright banned everybody, certain channels were always allowed to subsist, while others were shut down multiple times, with little distinction between what was and wasn't allowed. That dude DopeAsYola who does the weed reviews on YouTube just got a Maybach so content creation seems to be the way to go, possibly more lucrative than connoisseur vaporizer design :lol:

Just picked up a zx kit. I told myself I would not buy any more vapes but it’s been on my mind the last 2 weeks.

Curious how it pairs with the bowl

My dude! Thanks so much for jumping on board,
Welcome to the Z Tribe!
ZX is definitely where it's at :rockon:
I mean, I guess I'm biased, but a lot of people tell me the same thing :D

Cheers all and happy Saturday, hope everyone is having an extra terpy weekend!

feralcomprehension

Qualified Observer
ZXB is 12MM ID
ZXLB is 15MM ID
ZXLB screen shelves are at 7.5MM and 15MM depths.

ZXB area = 565
ZXLB area = 706 @ 1st shelf (25% larger than ZX) 1060 @ 2nd shelf (nearly double the capacity of ZX)

1st shelf should be great for rapidly crushing ~.2-.25g
2nd shelf should be good for up to 0.5g
Thanks for the gritty detail; sounds perfect and I'm in on preorder.

Fwiw my famous maker ti diffuser-or-injector bowl id is 19mm.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
What's the ball count for the various heads? (ZX/ZXL/ZXXL) I assume they're all 3mm.

You'll have to please forgive me as I never remember these numbers, ZX is like 75, ZXL ~120-150, and the ZXXL will probably be around 200, maybe more, it will be the largest bead chamber I've done yet.

Just the right amount! 😉

:rockon: less was always more!

I actually have 6MM sapphires in my personal Z8, I think there's literally like 8, maybe 10 gems. :brow:

I don't really use my Z8 cause I'm not selling them right now so I haven't been showing it off; but I just plugged it in out of curiosity and paired it with the ZXBowl and that thing really slapped, I'm honestly kinda surprised cause it's the same material I've been vaping all month. If you want a "Venty-like" flow rate, all you have to do is use a larger gem and adjust the temperature to compensate. I forgot how open I had my personal Z8 set to, I guess I was really going after a near effortless combustion-style amount of draw restriction when I changed mine over to the 6MM. It feels pretty nice. The effects feel very heavy but leaning towards that cerebral convection glaze :mmmm:

Thanks for the gritty detail; sounds perfect and I'm in on preorder.

Fwiw my famous maker ti diffuser-or-injector bowl id is 19mm.

:rockon:thanks so much for taking the leap with us!!

Hi. play around here so a bit...these capsules fit perfectly in the ZX chamber. If you change something changes. Maybe a little faster radiant heat ...capsule open, capsule closed...I just wanted to say: it fits. ;)

That's definitely going to add a more conduction heavy bake to your roast!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I decided to bite the bullet and join this party! Pre-ordered a ZX bundle over the weekend. Even with all the customs charges, I still think this is a steal at the price! Can't wait!

Great timing because I've only got one ZX set left until I'm out of zirconia bowls!

Electronics should be here Wednesday and these ZX bundles should be going out Thursday.

Thanks so much for rocking with us!!

Top Bottom