PD Pandora anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lwien

Lo said:
... the solder-sucker-thingy-do...
:). Now THAT made me smile.

I'm a male, yet I get apprehensive when I have to change a light bulb. Do I turn it left, or do I turn it right? And what's really weird is that I'm not even embarrassed about it.

lwien,

civre4monkey

The Vapist
Your comments above are kinda out there. Like "You can build a car for 1,000 dollars, but you buy it assembled for 20,000 because no one has time to build a fucking car.". It's not just time. Maybe they don't have the skill set needed to build a car, even if they did have the time. Maybe they don't have the tools necessary, which has nothing to do with time.
Okay so I made some exaggerations, but the idea is the same. You pay for the labor (thats how auto mechanics get us, don't they suck?) which includes time and skill set. My skill set=0. Cost of parts=approx $25. So Im paying $125 for my own time?

Im telling people that if you want to build a vape, you should build it yourself because it will be 1) cheaper and 2) worth more because YOU made it, its customized and doesnt have someone else's brand name on it.

Don't troll here. Seriously.
Trolling is being inflammatory or degrading on a forum. Trolling is NOT saying things that you dont agree with, Vtac, even if you are a mod. People come here for advice so Im giving my :2c:

Im invalidating the Pandora idea openly because I think what he is doing is wrong. He's way overcharging for stuff that you can get somewhere else, overcharging because he knows you will buy it anyway.

Let us know when you're selling the next generation of knockoff PDs for $1.50 each.
Ill make a deal with you, Vtac. If you dont kick me for being an asshole (Im an asshole) Ill send you the first functional model of a vaporizer that I'm currently developing. Dont worry, Im gunna get an electrician for all the hard stuff. :lol:

civre4monkey,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Ill make a deal with you, Vtac. If you dont kick me for being an asshole (Im an asshole) Ill send you the first functional model of a vaporizer that I'm currently developing.
How about this, read the forum rules a few times and I'll only give you 1 infraction. Can't speak for the other mods though. ;)

Please stay out of this thread.

vtac,

lwien

civre4monkey said:
You pay for the labor (thats how auto mechanics get us, don't they suck?) which includes time and skill set. My skill set=0. Cost of parts=approx $25. So Im paying $125 for my own time?
You should pay for labor if 1) you don't know how to do it yourself, and 2) you don't have the time or the desire to do it yourself. There is absolutely nothing wrong with auto mechanics getting paid for their labor. Auto mechanics suck? What in the hell kind of broad brushed statement is that?

civre4monkey said:
Im telling people that if you want to build a vape, you should build it yourself because it will be 1) cheaper and 2) worth more because YOU made it, its customized and doesnt have someone else's brand name on it.
Why should they if they prefer to build a kit?

civre4monkey said:
Im invalidating the Pandora idea openly because I think what he is doing is wrong. He's way overcharging for stuff that you can get somewhere else, overcharging because he knows you will buy it anyway.
What in the hell is wrong with making a profit on something that there is a demand for? It's called free-enterprise. You figure out if there is a market for your product. You figure out how much the market is willing to spend on your product. You figure out if you can make a profit by selling it for what the market is willing to spend. And if all the stars are aligned correctly, you produce it, and sell it, and you sell it for what you believe the market will pay for it. It's basic business concepts. There is nothing that Tom and Pammy are doing that is "wrong" here.

There's a lot of things on the market that I would never purchase because for me, the product would not be worth it to purchase. The Volcano comes to mind, but I sure as hell wouldn't state that Storz-Bickel is "wrong" for pricing it like they have. There's not a right or wrong here. It's just a purchasing decision to be made if it's worth it or not..........to you.

See Devo's post below. He's had a blast making it. Who in the hell are you to tell him that he made an unwise purchasing decision and shouldn't be happy because he didn't build it from scratch?

lwien,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Status Update. Test went awesome, it got up to temp. Just glued bottom leather on. Going to let that dry over night. Will do all the finishing work tomorrow, then it will be ready for use. Yay, so excited. .
I guess I will use this huge gap of time between today and tomorrow to do the stems. . . .

DevoTheStrange,

Beezleb

I like that they made this kit. Will it appeal to the masses. Hell no and nor should it. I see this as a no different than a DIY computer kit or a DIY remote air plane, to even a backyard built motor bike.

I would only have issue with this if it was as if they were selling these to mistaken customers. I looked at the pandora web page because of civre4monkey posts and it would be about impossible for someone to purchase this product mistakenly and for the purchaser to not understand the complications of assembling it.

All this is, is good peoples, making their product available to enthusiast in a manner that appeals to them. Nothing more nothing less. If you review some of our threads you will that their are many different types of vapist represented here and this includes those who like to build and assemble things. Who is anyone to tell anyone what they should and should not buy and what they should and should not sell.

If your legit in concern for consumers than that is one thing but it looks to me either you do not appreciate the product and who it is for and/or I am not accurate in understanding your view.

The purple days vaporizer is a quality product that historically they have shown top of the line customer support for their product. I have seen them via these forums go through extensive means to assist people and answer and discuss the vaporizer in great detail, I will point you to the PD thread. Anyways, my point is they have too much pride in their product to want to see people buy the Pandora and not be able to see it through. I do not believe their will be many realistic issues with the Pandora as I believe those who buy it know exactly what they are getting and likely constructing is much of what they are looking forward to do. It also will likely do more to endear the person the vape more. Seriously, I wish I mechanically inclined as I see it as filling niche that is essentially non existent as far as I know.

I wish them and the Pandora owners many happy vapes!

Beezleb,
Man, I sure am glad I bumped this thread. So many awesome responses. I will definitely be ordering one either this week or the next. Thanks so much everyone! -S.L.

SkeletonLips,

civre4monkey

The Vapist
I want to say that you guys got me all wrong, Im not trying to hate on PD or anything, just what Tom is doing. But you're right, I shouldn't push my views about the way things "should be" on others. And now Im out of this thread, fa sho. :peace:

civre4monkey,

wthanna

civre4monkey said:
I want to say that you guys got me all wrong, Im not trying to hate on PD or anything, just what Tom is doing. But you're right, I shouldn't push my views about the way things "should be" on others. And now Im out of this thread, fa sho. :peace:
He's simply offering a fun alternative, to a multi-week wait, at a bit of a discount, to those who would like to do the assembly and finish themselves.. no crime to see here.. :peace:

wthanna,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Well, for the most part I like where this thread is going! I am a PROUD owner of an MZ but I wouldnt hesitate to purchase a Pandora cause I like to do the DIY thingie too. I wonder if Tom would be willing to turn a few 'special' pieces of heady Myrtlewood for the Pandora kit (as an option) The beauty of the wood is primarily why I chose my Zap to begin with.

Offer a Myrtledora and I would have to make myself wait on that DBV or SSV that Im saving for. :ko:

AGBeer,

todd6911

Hey everyone new to the Vape world and first post from me:) Anyways just wanted to let you guys know I ordered Pandora a while back after researching the PD and the amount of joy everyone has had. It was shipped last Mon and was at my door on WED!!! Was planning on making it last Fri but ended up coming down with something nasty that had me sidelined till Mon of this week. Anyways I am a total ID10T when it comes to making things so I have enlisted my buddy to come over and help (hes got an AWESOME set of TV Repair tools) so we are starting the creation tomorrow night. Ill hopefully take some picts and post some before/during/after shots. I can say that I am really looking forward to building and owning Pandora and bless Tom & Pammy for the gift they have given everyone!!! More to follow :)

todd6911,

Purple-Days

Hi everyone thanks for all the nice comments. I will open a Pandora thread in the Vape Specific section tonight. Builders and others stop on by.

A couple of interesting notes: civre4monkey joined "Today 03:29:46 pm" It's 7:08pm and he has 18 posts. Congratulations. Don't forget to pick up a lathe and drill press and a handful of bits (and a skill set over in aisle 4) while you are over at Home Depot. Oh and another interesting note: Barrista420 opened his account "Today 10:39:50 am" of course that account is closed already, after making an ass of himself over in the PD thread. I'll post the rest of the story over there. It explains a lot about why civre4monkey is here.

Devo, it's looking good. Hope you are having fun. :cool:

We can pick up the discussion over in the Pandora thread.

Purple-Days,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom