Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowdjinni

OK, so just got out of work, and sat on the couch for a sesh. Vapin' while cruise the net and I noticed a HORRIBLE taste. I look at the light and it was a very pale blueish/white. Then it flashed red a bunch of times and it shut down on it's own. Turned it on and it did it a gain with the flashing light.
I charged it overnight last night and this was my first time using it today. i even shook it to check the battery during the sesh and it flashed green.
What gives?

How dirty is it?

Shadowdjinni,

Shadowdjinni

Not at all. Just cleaned it Sunday. Only used it 3 times since I cleaned it.
Only thing I can think of is that you got a bit too much water/iso in there.

Two questions:
1. Can you use a better descriptor than just horrible? Is it plastic-like? As if there wasn't a cleaning and lots of old resin is heating up? Etc.
2. Was this the first time you used it since you cleaned it? Or was it working fine and then all of a sudden just did this?

Shadowdjinni,

KidneyStoner

Yes I mentioned this was my third time using it since I cleaned it.
The taste was just a burning taste, maybe "plasticy". Not really sure, just gross!
As far as using too much ISO, I doubt it. I use very little. Maybe though? But I use less and less everytime i clean it though. Just getting better at it lol

KidneyStoner,

Shadowdjinni

Yes I mentioned this was my third time using it since I cleaned it.
The taste was just a burning taste, maybe "plasticy". Not really sure, just gross!
As far as using too much ISO, I doubt it. I use very little. Maybe though? But I use less and less everytime i clean it though. Just getting better at it lol
Sorry didn't notice that. It's probably not liquid damage then since it worked a few times beforehand.

Do you just run it on high all the time? I've noticed it starts to get REALLY hot on an all-high session and tastes a bit off near the end of a 20 minute Pax. You might have melted something on the inside of the unit.

Shadowdjinni,

AlexT2

I think that any electrical appliance should have a reset.
Having said that, I am in love with this beauty.
My finalists are:
Pax
Pinacle Pro
Ascent
Am almost determined by Pax with the PCP closely.

Creo que cualquier aparato eléctrico debe tener un reset.
Dicho esto, estoy enamorado de esta belleza.
Mis finalistas son:
Pax
Pinacle Pro
Ascenso
Estoy casi decidido por Pax con el PCP muy de cerca.

Saludos.

AlexT2,

KidneyStoner

Shadow, I usually start on medium and when the vapor is nearly gone. It WAS on high when it started flashing red though

KidneyStoner,

Shadowdjinni

Shadow, I usually start on medium and when the vapor is nearly gone. It WAS on high when it started flashing red though
Did it ever get to a point where it felt too hot to hold?
Were you doing a back to back double session?

Mine got too hot, for my own personal preference (the machine didn't shut off), when I did a back to back 50m session for two bowls.

Shadowdjinni,

PAXPOW

I think that any electrical appliance should have a reset.
Having said that, I am in love with this beauty.
My finalists are:
Pax
Pinacle Pro
Ascent
Am almost determined by Pax with the PCP closely.

Creo que cualquier aparato eléctrico debe tener un reset.
Dicho esto, estoy enamorado de esta belleza.
Mis finalistas son:
Pax
Pinacle Pro
Ascenso
Estoy casi decidido por Pax con el PCP muy de cerca.

Saludos.

well...the simplicity and beauty of the PAX it is also that has only one button and that's also the mouthpiece... I think its brilliant.

PAXPOW,

vakedcow

Gentle cow vaper and halloween kiddo
I get red flashes and shutdown on battery empty but I think you stated it was charged and blinked green on battery status shake?

Try to contact Ploom customer support I'd say, they'll be able to help quick as long as your us / ca based :rolleyes:

vakedcow,

armin

What's the word on these 20mm pipe screens people use as spacers. I remember back in the 80's people would avoid smoking out of brass pipes due to harmful effects and some other issues. Are these safe to use?

armin,

armin

What's the word on these 20mm pipe screens people use as spacers. I remember back in the 80's people would avoid smoking out of brass pipes due to harmful effects and some other issues. Are these safe to use?
Anyone? Gonna pull the trigger but want to make sure brass screens are safe to vape with.

armin,

TheDoctor76859

You can use stainless steel. I think that is what most people use. I cut a Volcano liquid pad in half and that works great. The price and difficultly in cutting it make the screens the better deal I think.

TheDoctor76859,

llamaman001

Does anyone here that owns a pax also own a pinnacle pro vape? I am saving up for a pax because I thought I would be able to use the pinnacle pro as a travel device but so far I am only able to use it with the pinnacle WT because it just fucks up my throat too much on any setting higher than 1. For a little history I enjoyed vaping bowls at level 7 with my SOLO and could do that dry with no issues. Im just curious if the pax is as harsh as the pinnacle pro?

llamaman001,

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
I posted in the PNP thread about exactly this. For me, the Pax is way less harsh than the PNP.

Deadshort480,
Does anyone know if they ever have any promotions or sales for the Pax? Either through Ploom or any authorized retailers. Or is it $249, end of story.

Bodhibear420,

llamaman001

I believe if you want the warranty now you can only buy it through the pax site if Im not mistaken..anyone care to elaborate?

llamaman001,

paxuser

Help! I've had my Pax since August and I absolutely adore it. I clean it regularly, every 3 trenches, and the last time I cleaned it was roughly 3 weeks ago. I cleaned it before my one trench roughly 3 weeks ago, and then I used it last weekend. It was nearing the end of the current battery life at the end of my session last weekend. Tonight, I decided to take it out to charge it, and, nothing. I try to turn it on, it flashes red and turns off. I put it back on the charger and nothing happens. Not even a light or anything. As far as I can tell everything on the charger is intact, and the metal holes in my Pax are also intact. What should I do!?
I am hoping that it is either a faulty charger or that the device itself needs some time to get a little voltage in order to induce charging mode. If this is the case, how long should it take?

Last edited:
paxuser,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom