Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
Yeah I use the 5/8" OD and 1/2" ID silicone tubing as well for the Pax, but it does only fit in 18mm GonG's.

For 14mm GonG (and to fit over pen vape mouthpieces like the Dabbler) I use the smaller 3/8" ID and 1/2" OD tubing, but you notice the ID of the big tubing matches the OD of the little tubing so you can just use a section of smaller tubing inserted into the large tubing you have already :tup:

He says 3/8'' id and 1/2'' OD, you say 1/2'' ID and 5/8'' OD. I'm confused =\

I actually already have:
High-Temperature Silicone Rubber Tubing, Soft,
1/2" ID, 5/8" OD, 1/16" Wall, White

is this what your talking about?

I just ordered:
High-Temperature Silicone Rubber Tubing, Semisoft,
3/8" ID, 1/2" OD, 1/16" Wall, Black

Last edited:
Live-N-Learn,

2 Paces

I may be wrong, but I think Joe & I are in agreement.

He is saying that for the Pax he uses 1/2" ID & 5/8" OD which is what I use too.

He is saying that you need 3/8" ID & 1/2" OD to act as the 14mm connection. When using the PonG, the PonG acts as the 14mm connection. So no 3/8" ID 1/2" OD tubing is needed.

I believe what you already have (1/2" ID & 5/8" OD) is what you want. The 3/8" ID stuff can be stretched to fit, but the 5/8" ID is a much better fit.

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
Ohhhh Okay. Sounds good. I will try and cancel the order

Edit: Order canceled. I will roll with the PonG attachment.

Last edited:
Live-N-Learn,
Reactions: 2 Paces

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
Nice!

I was hoping you could still cancel.

The PonG works great, I don't think you will be disappointed.

I'm usually against plastic, but I think for the Pax mouthpiece its not that bad. It looks much more sturdy then with just tubing. Its the on the go kit for a reason I guess. :)

Live-N-Learn,

2 Paces

Is this all i need to attach my Pax to a water tube?

That is a 14mm to 18mm adapter. That won't work. The adapter that I use (with a small section of 1/2" ID tubing to attach it to the Pax mouthpiece) came with my water tube & looks similar to this one:

http://thevaporblunt.corecommerce.com/Accessories/14-4-mm-Adapter-for-Pinnacle-Pro.html

This one also looks similar, except it is clear plastic and mine is grey:

http://thevaporblunt.corecommerce.com/Accessories/14-4-mm-Adapter-for-Pinnacle.html

Last edited:
2 Paces,

Smeghead

I'm like others who bought off fleabay but it's a genuine Pax by Ploom. If it shits itself do I say I got it off Vapeworld and give them the SN? I'm also in Australia but can have any replacements sent to my family's US address. Do they want the damaged one back to get a replacement?

What other genuine authorized dealers can I say I got it from for them to honor the warranty? Do they know what SN's they sold who which reseller? Sorry, trying to cover all bases here. $300 bucks including the shipping and handling is alot to get stuck with a dead unit with a great warranty.

Is there any answer to this warranty question? Do I need to have a receipt from Vapeworld or something for the warranty to be honored? Does Ploom track the Serial number to the reseller to know if they are authorized or not?

If I need warranty help, what do I tell the folks at Ploom if I have to call?

Smeghead,

unknownlegend

I wanted to mention that after using the Pax for about a year now I've been able to perform a few tricks to get the most out of the oven load. After seeing the volume of vapor diminish after about 10 draws, I gently tap repeatedly on the oven lid while inhaling. Surprisingly this simple step results in a significant increase in the vapor cloud. I now do this at the end of a session and I'm able to extend the life of a load considerably.

unknownlegend,

VaporsVaporizer

On the Stoop
That is a 14mm to 18mm adapter. That won't work. The adapter that I use (with a small section of 1/2" ID tubing to attach it to the Pax mouthpiece) came with my water tube & looks similar to this one:

http://thevaporblunt.corecommerce.com/Accessories/14-4-mm-Adapter-for-Pinnacle-Pro.html

This one also looks similar, except it is clear plastic and mine is grey:

http://thevaporblunt.corecommerce.com/Accessories/14-4-mm-Adapter-for-Pinnacle.html
Thanks 2 Paces. can someone just tell me exactly what i need to attach my pax to a water tube or bubbler? I already have 14mm and 18 mm gong attachments.

VaporsVaporizer,

Smeghead

The two almost look like they were made for each other :D:
PICT1289.jpg

EDIT: By the way, I LOVE this combo.

What watertube is this with the PonG adapter? SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

Also, is there any tutorial on how to fit the tubing to the adapter?

Last edited:
Smeghead,

Smeghead

:lol:

It's a Pinnacle water tube. Someone mentioned in a different thread that if you enter code PNWT50 that you can get it for $50. I do not know if that is accurate.

Here is a link: http://thevaporblunt.corecommerce.c...-4-mm-Micro-shower-Water-Tool-Attachment.html

Do they ship to OZ (if not, I can ship to my parents and have them send it on to me) and does it come with the PonG adapter or is it even needed? Do I still need the 1/2in or 3/8in tubing? Someone needs to post a tute stat!

ETA: I applied the code and it WORKS!

Last edited:
Smeghead,

Shadowdjinni

Could anyone possibly direct me to a page where it talks about the Pax Mouthpiece Lube?

What about it? Ploom has a video on their website and/or Youtube page that gives a directional video about lubing the mouth piece. If you're curious as to a potential, cheaper supplement go back about 10 pages.

Shadowdjinni,

Smeghead

Looking for some Pax to watertube options and some suggested the 14.4mm Microshower Water Tool but is that the only option? Here at a retailer in OZ there is something called the Pinnacle Hydro Tube. They look totally different but made by the same company.

Also, need to know exactly how to connect to the Pax mouthpiece. Need a certain adapter? Tube modifications? Any links to tutes or videos would be great. Best thing about the Microshower Tube from Vaporblunt is that there's a promo for $50 and I can get it sent to my folks house in the states.

Any and all details would be great! Thanks,
Smeghead

Smeghead,

ptactics

Does anyone have experience using hash with the Pax?

Amount to use/best temp setting/length of session etc?

ptactics,

JoeKickass

JoeKickass,

2 Paces

I guess I'm not understanding your question, but to connect to my water tube I used 1/2" ID 5/8" OD tubing.

A couple posts up JoeKickAss shows how to connect to a 18mm to 14mm adapter using the same tubing.

So I think the answer is 1/2 ID 5/8 OD tubing, and a 14mm to 18mm connector. That way you can use 14mm or 18mm.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom