Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

zyzz

That's strange. Why won't they tell you the authorized dealers? That seems like a weird business practice.

Buy our product!

Who sells it for you?

Can't tell you. Good luck.
Zach.ploominati
02:49 | We actually do not have a list of authorized sellers as that is proprietary to our distributors.

*name withheld*
02:49 | How do I know if a seller is authorized so I retain the warranty?

Zach.ploominati
02:49 | However, it can be assumed that any established retail location selling Pax for at least our MSRP of $249.99 is authorized.

disclaimer: that is not my chat log

zyzz,

zyzz

when you call ploom to help fix your pax, do they even ask for any purchase information or just the serial number?

zyzz,

JoeKickass

when you call ploom to help fix your pax, do they even ask for any purchase information or just the serial number?
When I did the chat I just asked where to send it, and they confirmed the address...

JoeKickass,

Reflections

I bought mine from vape world..and when I had problem , I sent it to vape world and they sent me a new one.

Reflections,
Reactions: zyzz

grokit

well-worn member
It's not hard to understand, buy it for full price and you're covered by a stellar warranty for a full decade.

Of course the converse is get a discount and take your chances. Of course this will help the 2ndhand Pax market thrive as the warranty is not transferable either. Meaning if you got a discount there's less of a motivation to hold onto it for the full 10 years.

grokit,

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
Well it seems like you are implying if I were to buy a pax on sale for 200 bucks I would void my 10 year warranty.

Mr.Krinkle,

grokit

well-worn member
That's what Ploom is implying on their web page, don't shoot the messenger!

edit: I bought a pax new from an ebay retailer, and as it was my first portable I thought it was pretty cool gadget. But I was disappointed in its performance, having no battery-operated portable vape experience to draw upon. So I traded it to a guy in like new condition for something else. He ended up selling it shortly thereafter. In retrospect the pax is the best battery-operated portable vape I have used to date even with its drawbacks. If the ascent doesn't pan out I will probably try another one, being more aware of the limitations of this kind of vape in general. But this time I will buy it direct from Ploom at full price and hold onto it.

Last edited:
grokit,

The Mighty Monarch

Well it seems like you are implying if I were to buy a pax on sale for 200 bucks I would void my 10 year warranty.
That's what he's implying, and what I'm straight out saying, the Pax retails for $250, if you bought it for less, Ploom has no obligation to honor the warranty. Simple as that.
In hopefully less redundant news, I built a USB quick charger today without soldering or circuitry work that seems to be working well. I don't know what progress others have made at this, but this thread has gotten too painful to read through any significant portion of it. I'll share photos and info once I get an enclosure and do more testing.

The Mighty Monarch

Same speed, the circuit in the Pax regulates the charging speed. Sorry if I implied it was faster, by "quick" I meant it matched the stock charger speed. Ploom has stated they don't want to make a USB charger because it would be slower than the standard charger, which is true for most cases. Sorry, this isn't a big deal, but I'm just happy it works at all.

These are the interesting bits:
http://amzn.com/B00C57UIBC
http://amzn.com/B003WV5DMO
http://amzn.com/B00CEZBKTO

The Mighty Monarch,
Reactions: zyzz

grokit

well-worn member
Cool, a usb power re-generator/multiplier so you can use it with an external battery pack :tup:

Looking forward to the frankenphotos!

:popcorn:

Last edited:
grokit,

zyzz

what cases are you all using?

i'm thinking to get a ryot case because they're smell-proof.
http://www.amazon.com/Small-RYOT-Smell-Technology-Carabiner/dp/B00BIL1Y7I/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1375783297&sr=8-6&keywords=ryot smell safe
but i'm thinking of getting something bigger to fit my grinder too (a medium santa cruzer shredder).

another option for people is the burton 420 kit (but i'm not sure how smell-proof it is).

edit: was looking through this thread and saw this posted by FC member "vitolo"

15rgswi.jpg

I messaged him to see which case it is but I believe it's the:
http://compare.ebay.com/like/330787632791?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar/

Last edited:
zyzz,

unknownlegend

I know this has been discussed before but I seem to be having a lot of difficulty positioning the screen so that it sits or locks as it should. I clean my Pax every few days and have been perfecting my cleaning technique to the point where it has become routine. But it often takes me 5 or 10 minutes to fiddle with the screen to the point where it seems to be "locked" in the oven. If I don't spend a lot of time on this I will start using Pax and the screen invariably will move or shift and herb will get into the hole and travel up the mouthpiece which is a big hassle. I haven't yet been able to figure out the proper way of getting the screen to sit in the oven without spending maybe 10 minutes pushing it down in many different ways. I try and keep the screen above the hole elevated more than the opposite side but it is very difficult to get the screen to lock in this way. If anyone has a good way of getting the screen to lock or fit properly please let me know!

unknownlegend,
Reactions: 2 Paces

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
You and me both, man. The screen is really the only thing that ever makes me want to throw the Pax through a fucking wall. I've tried every technique mentioned in this thread and I still can't make the screen stay in place all the time. I've tried regular stainless steel screens folded up and placed in the oven. Those seem to work the best and always stay in place. I still think there should be a small notch on one side of the oven for the edge of the screen to nest in.

Deadshort480,
Reactions: 2 Paces

jeff

That's what he's implying, and what I'm straight out saying, the Pax retails for $250, if you bought it for less, Ploom has no obligation to honor the warranty. Simple as that.
In hopefully less redundant news, I built a USB quick charger today without soldering or circuitry work that seems to be working well. I don't know what progress others have made at this, but this thread has gotten too painful to read through any significant portion of it. I'll share photos and info once I get an enclosure and do more testing.
Seriously people get a grip. Just because you got your pax at a discount from the headshop does not effect your warranty. It only effects the headshops profit!

2 Paces

You and me both, man.

Me too. After a year of never having an issue with the screens, last week I cleaned both my Pax until they were shiny clean in the oven. Now the screens will not stay put in either Pax.

I even broke out a brand new unopened pack of screens to try, but those popped right out too. It's been a week of heavy use, and they pop out every time I empty the oven.

I never understood how people had a problem with it before, but now I get it.

Just wish I could fix it...

2 Paces,

jeff

Me too. After a year of never having an issue with the screens, last week I cleaned both my Pax until they were shiny clean in the oven. Now the screens will not stay put in either Pax.

I even broke out a brand new unopened pack of screens to try, but those popped right out too. It's been a week of heavy use, and they pop out every time I empty the oven.

I never understood how people had a problem with it before, but now I get it.

Just wish I could fix it...
I wonder if your oven got warped. I just don't get it. It is a snug fit and there are those notches. Send it back.

jeff,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom