Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

rendole

So hey got an issue, I can't change the temperature anymore it seems like the button is stuck. Is there an easier way to fix this than sending it back to ploom?

rendole,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

So hey got an issue, I can't change the temperature anymore it seems like the button is stuck. Is there an easier way to fix this than sending it back to ploom?

Try gently rocking it back and forth with your finger. Do not push down. If you push down to hard it will push the temp button inside the Pax.

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,

EffedUp

Yes, two fit in there perfectly. I had to cut a slit in the side (can see in the bottom middle of the photo) to remove the magnet from the pouch. That pocket holding the lubricant in the photo is actually two pieces of fabric folded over, so cutting the slit on the outside doesn't hurt anything. There was also a flap that is sewed on with a second magnet and I simply removed the thread holding the flap in place. I used it for several months without any modifications and then one day the magnets magically turned on the Pax and cooked the load.

Thanks. You solved my Pax mystery. I was carrying the Pax in my jacket pocket inside of my Iolite case when it heated itself up one night. Luckily it was not packed, but it wasted the battery so I couldn't vape when I wanted to that night.

rendole

Try gently rocking it back and forth with your finger. Do not push down. If you push down to hard it will push the temp button inside the Pax.
How will I know if I pushed the temp button inside the pax? I've tried rocking it back and forth multiple times. This has been an ongoing issue since I got the pax pretty much and occasionally the temp button works fine and then the next session i'll try and use it and nothing happens.

rendole,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

How will I know if I pushed the temp button inside the pax? I've tried rocking it back and forth multiple times. This has been an ongoing issue since I got the pax pretty much and occasionally the temp button works fine and then the next session i'll try and use it and nothing happens.

You will know because you wont see it anymore. It will literally fall inside the Pax. The only way to retrieve it would be to open it up.

If it is stuck and will not move. It is usually due to a mixture of resin an iso getting around the button causing it to stick.

I had a temp button that would depress but would not change.

I just eventually sent it back to Ploom.

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,

rendole

You will know because you wont see it anymore. It will literally fall inside the Pax. The only way to retrieve it would be to open it up.

If it is stuck and will not move. It is usually due to resin an iso getting around the button causing it to stick.

I had a temp button that would depress but would not change.

I just eventually sent it back to Ploom.
The only way iso would have gotten in there would be if it came off the pipecleaner while cleaning the tube. If it's going to get stuck from just that I need to change the cleaning product i'm using, what do you reccomend?

rendole,

EffedUp

Does everyone here always grind when the fill their Pax oven? One I day I realized that I hard pack it anyways and the grinding seemed like a wasted step.

If I want to fully fill the Pax I will take a bud that is about twice the size of the oven (~.05-1.5 grams) and pack it in hard. If I don't want to fully fill it I just use a bud that size that I want to consume and pack it hard. I usually pack very hard in my Pax. After the vapor thins I pop out the packed bud brick, flip it over and pack it harder. Sometimes I will stir after the flip, but most of the time I can tell the second pack is enough and the stir is not required.

I like my AVB to be espresso (or at least chocolate) colored. I like to take it as far as possible without combustion. Even vapor with "burnt popcorn" flavor tastes better than smoke. I hate the "burnt popcorn" descriptor though since when I think of "burnt popcorn" the unbearable reek of overcooked microwave popcorn comes to mind, but I have never tasted anything this horrible come out of a vape.

EffedUp,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

The only way iso would have gotten in there would be if it came off the pipecleaner while cleaning the tube. If it's going to get stuck from just that I need to change the cleaning product i'm using, what do you reccomend?

That is usually how it happens. Just don't soak the pipe cleaner in iso. Ring it out by running your fingers down the pipe cleaner.

Few tips always push the pipe cleaner in from the mouthpiece side and out of the oven side. Less chances of getting iso on the temp button.

Second tip if its time to clean I usually run a pipe cleaner through once when the Pax is still hot. Comes out shiny new with one pass.

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
it isn't your alcohol, its the resin mixing with iso and having the liquid drain into the crevice where your temp button is located, the iso evaporates and concentrated resin is left behind, it is gluing the button in place. Sense it can't get "more stuck" maybe try heating it with a blow dryer and then use a qtip with a little iso to loosen it?

Anders Nelson

okay, im new to this forum, so heres some things that id like to add to the discussion/ask

I recently got a pax for 200 at a headshop, so if u want a cheap one, look around. (2nd gen)

I find that if you use vegetable oil in the mouthpiece instead of the conventional stuff, you will forever taint your pax with the nastyest vaped-weed-burnt-grilledcheese smell w/out the cheese.......... dont do it lol

ANd I was wondering, if you get a replacement pax, do you have the choice to keep your old one? bcus if you did thatd b cool

Anders Nelson,

Zachary Goodwin

How do you know what generation of the Pax you have? I have two both serial numbers starts with BA one is over 16000 and one is under 7000
what gererations do I have the lower number has a rougher more grippable finish and the one with 16000 plus has a shiny sleek surface not grippable a little slippery. Which one is better in everyones oppinion???

Zachary Goodwin,

Anders Nelson

How do you know what generation of the Pax you have? I have two both serial numbers starts with BA one is over 16000 and one is under 7000
what gererations do I have the lower number has a rougher more grippable finish and the one with 16000 plus has a shiny sleek surface not grippable a little slippery. Which one is better in everyones oppinion???

some guy posted how to tell + comparison pics. As far as i know, u cant really identify the pax generation by serial number.

ps. the first gen has no notch in the mouthpiece sleeve + clearly visible machining lines. And the second and third gen have a notch in the mouthpiece sleeve, but the second has a smooth finish where machining lines are very slightly finish. The 3rd gen doesnt really have a rough texture finish, but is more anodized. If you look closley it will be kind of sparkly, similar to the finish of a macbook or something.

ps.s. The pax website says that the rougher finish (anodization) makes the pax more durable, but its sort of a broad statement because anodization only hardens the metal.. it wouldn't prevent any extra damage from a fall or anything, but only prevent dents in the body lol

Anders Nelson,

Zachary Goodwin

okay, im new to this forum, so heres some things that id like to add to the discussion/ask

I recently got a pax for 200 at a headshop, so if u want a cheap one, look around. (2nd gen)

I find that if you use vegetable oil in the mouthpiece instead of the conventional stuff, you will forever taint your pax with the nastyest vaped-weed-burnt-grilledcheese smell w/out the cheese.......... dont do it lol

ANd I was wondering, if you get a replacement pax, do you have the choice to keep your old one? bcus if you did thatd b cool

How do I know what generation Pax I have. I have 2 units, one serial number is BA7000 and under about a hundred and the other is BA16000 plus about another hundred
What is the difference in the gerneration pax vaporizers? When and what did they change bro???

Zachary Goodwin,

Zachary Goodwin

some guy posted how to tell + comparison pics. As far as i know, u cant really identify the pax generation by serial number.

ps. the first gen has no notch in the mouthpiece sleeve + clearly visible machining lines. And the second and third gen have a notch in the mouthpiece sleeve, but the second has a smooth finish where machining lines are very slightly finish. The 3rd gen doesnt really have a rough texture finish, but is more anodized. If you look closley it will be kind of sparkly, similar to the finish of a macbook or something.

ps.s. The pax website says that the rougher finish (anodization) makes the pax more durable, but its sort of a broad statement because anodization only hardens the metal.. it wouldn't prevent any extra damage from a fall or anything, but only prevent dents in the body lol
I guess I have a 2nd and a third cause my older one has a rough finish and the newer one has a sleeker slippery finish which one is better? Why did they change things?

Zachary Goodwin,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

I guess I have a 2nd and a third cause my older one has a rough finish and the newer one has a sleeker slippery finish which one is better? Why did they change things?

The one on the left is the so called first generation. The one on the right is the second generation

DSC01530.JPG

FWIW, I'm pretty sure I've posted this picture 3 different times within the 322 pages. Mostly for the newbies.

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,

Zachary Goodwin

The one on the left is the so called first generation. The one on the right is the second generation

DSC01530.JPG

FWIW, I'm pretty sure I've posted this picture 3 different times within the 322 pages. Mostly for the newbies.
I am just trying to figure out what generations I have It seems to me like it is 2nd & 3rd only because of the finish one is rough so it has grip one is sleek and slippery a darker shinier black. Can anyone help me figure out which gen's I have??

Zachary Goodwin,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom