Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

kushcloud

Well that didnt work. I tried dipping mouthpiece tube in everclear and insert it, up and down she went but no heating up. Man this sux BIGTIME! I was so happy about this device and now i dont know anymore. :(

kushcloud,

JoeKickass

Well that didnt work. I tried dipping mouthpiece tube in everclear and insert it, up and down she went but no heating up. Man this sux BIGTIME! I was so happy about this device and now i dont know anymore. :(

Is your problem just that it goes to the temp color or that it's not heating when it's purple?

Heres the problem, when i start my unit it will flash purple for awhile then flash the temp color, then back to flashing purple, while the unit is still cold.
If it does heat when purple and just keeps going to the temp light you could try pulling the spring out or cleaning with dental picks. But if it's purple and cold you need a new one.

JoeKickass,
Reactions: willieR

kushcloud

Is your problem just that it goes to the temp color or that it's not heating when it's purple?

If it does heat when purple and just keeps going to the temp light you could try pulling the spring out or cleaning with dental picks. But if it's purple and cold you need a new one.

Not heating up. It goes to purple and acts the same except it doesnt heat up. Ive tried everything. The mouthpiece is functioning okay to. Maybe something wrong with the heater?

kushcloud,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
Should i try and put everclear on the mouthpiece then insert up and down 5-10 times? Tried doing that dry, didnt work. I just cleaned the unit and the mouthpiece is having a little trouble coming up and down dry so now im thinking iso that mouthpiece tube.

Not sure.. I have 2 Mouth Pieces and when I switch one out to be cleaned, I soak it over night in ISO... So far so good for me..

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Not heating up. It goes to purple and acts the same except it doesnt heat up. Ive tried everything. The mouthpiece is functioning okay to. Maybe something wrong with the heater?

This sounds like a malfunction that Ploom will have to help you with. I would contact the support Chat feature on the ploom.com site and get your return set up ASAP.

jambandphan03,

kushcloud

This sounds like a malfunction that Ploom will have to help you with. I would contact the support Chat feature on the ploom.com site and get your return set up ASAP.

I have to wait UNTIL monday to get in touch with Ploom. THIS SUCKS! Still doesnt work.

kushcloud,

JoeKickass

I have to wait UNTIL monday to get in touch with Ploom. THIS SUCKS! Still doesnt work.

I'm dreading the day this happens to me because I changed my battery (opened the Pax) and I'm sure if I send it in Ploom will refuse or want me to pay a lot to fix it...

JoeKickass,

JoeKickass

Why did you changed the battery already?

I upgraded it to a better one, but total runtime is down to about 60-70 minutes, when I first put the new one in I got 80min. I'm thinking Ploom specifically picked a battery that keeps it capacity in high heat environments...

JoeKickass,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
Paxing it up at Disney World. The happiest place on Earth just got a little happier! Had to smuggle the flower down here. I wouldn't recommend it, but you do what you gotta do. I am just damn glad to be out of NY right now.

Nice.. Have fun...

Kuroth1,

willieR

Been here since 2009
I upgraded it to a better one, but total runtime is down to about 60-70 minutes, when I first put the new one in I got 80min. I'm thinking Ploom specifically picked a battery that keeps it capacity in high heat environments...

Joe, a more heat resistant battery? You think that's the case? Seems like such a specialty thing, but then again if they put in an order for 10,000 I suppose that'd be no prob.

Has anyone ever looked at the rotation position of that spring? If you look at the spring, there is a section where the final loop is crimped. Is it possible there is a more advantageous location for this? Like at 3:00 vs 9:00. I'm nearly positive the answer is no.

willieR,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

Quoted from HephziBubba:

"Now I may be crazy but it seems like its slightly more shiny - I thought my other ones were a little more matte/machined looking. Anyway the point is this one isn't as smooth as the first ones but it feels better than my second unit with the updated mp."

Your not crazy.

I also have 2 black Pax's ( Or is it Paxi? :brow: ) that have 2 different finishes and textures.

The first one was ordered form Vapeworld. It has more of a black satin finish and is very smooth and slips easier out of my hand.

The second Pax ( which basically is a back up ) was ordered direct from Ploom. This one has more of a matte black finish. Looks like a gunmetal or titanium gray. The texture on this one has a way better grip and is not slippery at all.

Not sure if a side by side pic will show the color differences. But i will give it a try and post it if it does.

DSC01530.JPG

The one on the left is from Vapeworld. Very slippery texture.

The one on the right is from Ploom. Way better grip. You can definitely see the texture and color difference in the picture.

UnixRasta

So Weiner, how would you compare your PAX to your (sold) Wispr?
I have a Wispr and am still considering purchasing a PAX despite the problems documented in this thread.

UnixRasta,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
So Weiner, how would you compare your PAX to your (sold) Wispr?
I have a Wispr and am still considering purchasing a PAX despite the problems documented in this thread.

I also have a WISPR :-). I can tell you that the Pax is leaps and bounds better in my opinion. It delivers huge hits and has 3 temperature settings. Ever since I got the Pax I have not used my WISPR (only in certain circumstances, like my Pax battery was dead and I needed something else).

Personally, the issues suck. But if you clean it well, it will work yet again :-). I love it.

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

I also have a WISPR :-). I can tell you that the Pax is leaps and bounds better in my opinion. It delivers huge hits and has 3 temperature settings. Ever since I got the Pax I have not used my WISPR (only in certain circumstances, like my Pax battery was dead and I needed something else).

Personally, the issues suck. But if you clean it well, it will work yet again :-). I love it.

I agree 100 %

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
Aluminum anodizing is often quite streaky, especially when it comes to more vibrant colors. I would love a Stainless Steel or Titanium casing for my Pax. I may have to talk to a machining buddy of mine.

Deadshort480,

willieR

Been here since 2009
Mine is streaky also. Never thought of it as slippery, but I can see a better gripper would always be practical.

Carlos: Since you can actually see them, which do you find personally more attractive?

willieR,

Dammit

Mine is like the one on the left, and I agree that it's somewhat slippery. I've dropped it on few occasions with some battle scars on the edges near the mouth piece. The pax takes it like a champ though and keeps on going. The superficial scars just add character.

Dammit,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

Mine is streaky also. Never thought of it as slippery, but I can see a better gripper would always be practical.

Carlos: Since you can actually see them, which do you find personally more attractive?

IMO the one on the left is more attractive. I even like the slippery caressing feeling better than the rough grip.

( My Precious! )

The rough texture is better for obvious reasons

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,
Thank you CarlosSpicyWienerfor confirming my suspicions.:clap:
Not only that, some of my other Pax brethren chimed in and offered theories as to why! I love my FC buddies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom