Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
So, I cleaned the mouthpiece with an alcohol wipe and then pushed it in. I was very cautious about ISO. I don't think I hit the temp button. But, anyhow, question is, if ISO does touch the temp button, does it disintegrate the plastic as in, like some sort of acid? I mean, my temp button looks scratched but I can't remember if that existed before this temp button situation or after. The button still works btw.

Also, when i did this, my unit started sizzling, and the heater went on without the mouthpiece. I had to rush to remove my load because I had a load in there that I didn't want to use at the current time. LOL. But everything works fine.

newVaper420,

Sonics420

Hey, I just got my Pax and I'm experiencing the EXACT SAME problems. To be more specific, here's my take on the situation.

The new mouthpiece just ain't right. According to b00bs, his Pax mouthpiece is completely firm and he has an earlier batch one. I contacted Pax support the first day after I talk with b00bs and I got one of the worst CS experiences of my life haha. The rep told me to go buy a new mouthpiece if I think it might cause problems. I asked if he/she could confirm with one of their Pax's that it jiggles a ton and they said no, they don't have any to test with.

I mean, I don't mean to sound like I have a brain, by why doesn't PLOOM compare and see for themselves and let me know if their mouthpieces exhibit the same issues I have so I can either, 1. get my mouthpiece replaced if my symptoms seem unusual or 2. be rest assured that my Pax is normal. How does the CS agent not have access to a Pax to let me know?

After a week, this shit starts happening. The mouthpiece starts exhibiting all the problems I list below. The only way to fix this is if you clean the mouthpiece tip (the connector) and you clean the metal vapor chamber outside with iso, the Pax will work PERFECT. Brand new, no joke. The mouthpiece will still jiggle, but it won't cause any interference with the device use.

So, I've seemed to find a temporary solution. It looks like the mouthpiece gets messed up by resin the most, espicially when it gets on the outside of the tip of the vapor chamber. I can easily wipe it off with a q-tip and iso and be done. But, I risk the chance of messing up my temp button (which is another wtf). Also, the goopy resin will start to appear after 4 sessions of about .4-.5. This is simply too much maintenance for my taste; I seriously think there's a design flaw with the (new batch of) mouthpiece(s).

Described symptoms: of (new) mouthpiece:

Mouthpiece won't pop up:
-Mouthpiece will stay in the down position and require fingernails to pry out, or eventually over 5 min it'll loosen up and slowly creep up.

Mouthpiece pops up, but not correctly (smoothly):
-Very slowly pops up (creeps up, takes 3-5 sec), something is clearly holding it back
-Sometimes incredibly jerky, sometimes will dislodge when it comes up.
-If it does eventually pop up, there is bad contact to a point where the Pax thinks the mouthpiece is completely dislodged and the temperature light will be on, even though the mouthpiece is actually still in the Pax, but popped up.
-If it comes up, jiggling the mouthpiece (but not dislodging it) ill cause the Pax to think it's disconnected and in temp change mode. This is really annoying because when I'm mid-hit if I press my lips in any direction, the mouthpiece will jiggle and contact will be lost.

Mouthpiece shoots out of Pax
-Quite literally, it'll just fly right off the Pax into the air. No, I'm not trying to make it do it like I did in 6th grade with ball point pens and their springs. :D

damn bro.. i ordered mine 2 weeks ago from vapeworld and have the same problems. ive already cleaned it once but yesterday when i went to use it and i clicked the mouth piece up.. it felt like it was glued shut and it came up very slowly..

and the temp light will come on randomly during sessions a little more often..

i know pax isnt perfect but these seem like issues that arent big issues and can be fixed easily..

i didnt clean the outside of my mouth piece hole though, so i will try that and see if it happens again.

Sonics420,
My Onyx Pax ~should~ be arriving today according to the tracking info. I will keep you guys posted on if it comes and If it does I should have a full review by Monday.

Futuretvowner,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
Hey, I just got my Pax and I'm experiencing the EXACT SAME problems. To be more specific, here's my take on the situation.

The new mouthpiece just ain't right. According to b00bs, his Pax mouthpiece is completely firm and he has an earlier batch one. I contacted Pax support the first day after I talk with b00bs and I got one of the worst CS experiences of my life haha. The rep told me to go buy a new mouthpiece if I think it might cause problems. I asked if he/she could confirm with one of their Pax's that it jiggles a ton and they said no, they don't have any to test with.

I mean, I don't mean to sound like I have a brain, by why doesn't PLOOM compare and see for themselves and let me know if their mouthpieces exhibit the same issues I have so I can either, 1. get my mouthpiece replaced if my symptoms seem unusual or 2. be rest assured that my Pax is normal. How does the CS agent not have access to a Pax to let me know?

After a week, this shit starts happening. The mouthpiece starts exhibiting all the problems I list below. The only way to fix this is if you clean the mouthpiece tip (the connector) and you clean the metal vapor chamber outside with iso, the Pax will work PERFECT. Brand new, no joke. The mouthpiece will still jiggle, but it won't cause any interference with the device use.

So, I've seemed to find a temporary solution. It looks like the mouthpiece gets messed up by resin the most, espicially when it gets on the outside of the tip of the vapor chamber. I can easily wipe it off with a q-tip and iso and be done. But, I risk the chance of messing up my temp button (which is another wtf). Also, the goopy resin will start to appear after 4 sessions of about .4-.5. This is simply too much maintenance for my taste; I seriously think there's a design flaw with the (new batch of) mouthpiece(s).

Described symptoms: of (new) mouthpiece:

Mouthpiece won't pop up:
-Mouthpiece will stay in the down position and require fingernails to pry out, or eventually over 5 min it'll loosen up and slowly creep up.

Mouthpiece pops up, but not correctly (smoothly):
-Very slowly pops up (creeps up, takes 3-5 sec), something is clearly holding it back
-Sometimes incredibly jerky, sometimes will dislodge when it comes up.
-If it does eventually pop up, there is bad contact to a point where the Pax thinks the mouthpiece is completely dislodged and the temperature light will be on, even though the mouthpiece is actually still in the Pax, but popped up.
-If it comes up, jiggling the mouthpiece (but not dislodging it) ill cause the Pax to think it's disconnected and in temp change mode. This is really annoying because when I'm mid-hit if I press my lips in any direction, the mouthpiece will jiggle and contact will be lost.

Mouthpiece shoots out of Pax
-Quite literally, it'll just fly right off the Pax into the air. No, I'm not trying to make it do it like I did in 6th grade with ball point pens and their springs. :D

this is my pax, the mouthpiece is solid no jiggle.

ilovebOObs,
Reactions: willieR

rsqemt911

has anybody else VERY lightly pressed on one of the sides of the chamber cap to increase airflow? my friend does that with hers and i tried it last night and it works great. its more of a pressure on the corner of the door than a real press and you slightly increase pressure until you feel a change in airflow. i am particular to pushing on the end opposite the air path tube. This pulls air in more from that side, across the plant material, and into the air path.

MrNorml

Thanks. I will get some kind of small case for it, and it's good to know that taking the mouthpiece off will not turn on the oven--though it sounds like doing that and turning on the light would run down the battery. I know that I'll be leaving the Pax in a suitcase in hotel storage for a few days and obviously I don't want someone moving the bag and inadvertently activating the oven.
You'll see when you get yours that it is nearly impossible to accidentily do that - and remember it will easily fit into a glasses case to prevent anything from getting to it (including eyes). I carry mine around full in my pants pocket - no concern over magnets or bottom or turning itself on. It is really really easy to move around wsith, so all the more safe in a suitcase or such. I have a Solo, on the other hand, that does find a way to turn itself on in my pants pocket sometimes. Much better to not do that... Pax doesn't.

MrNorml,

MrNorml

has anybody else VERY lightly pressed on one of the sides of the chamber cap to increase airflow? my friend does that with hers and i tried it last night and it works great. its more of a pressure on the corner of the door than a real press and you slightly increase pressure until you feel a change in airflow. i am particular to pushing on the end opposite the air path tube. This pulls air in more from that side, across the plant material, and into the air path.

Oh yeah, the Cincinnatti Carb trick! Been around for ages ... I had forgotten all about it - thanks for the memories. Ah, Cincinnatti Carb ... ... ... good times.

MrNorml,

fudpucker

Hey guys, just got one of these from Vapeworld (Thanks Ellen!) - got the purple one just because it was in stock. This is to go with my Buddha and MFLB (and will likely replace the MFLB.)

Quick question: is there any reason to pay more for the 99% Isopropyl Alcohol to use for cleaning the Pax vs. the standard 70% you can get in any drugstore? I'm a Ph.D. chemist so I know the actual differences, just no experience as to one vs. the other when it comes to cleaning. (Also as a relative newb to what to do with ABV do you use this for extracting that also?) Thanks!

fudpucker,
Just received my Pax..... although I watched a shitload of videos of it already the size still surprised me, smaller than i anticipated

It's charging now anyone know how long the first charge usually takes?

Futuretvowner,

headdoctor

Just received my Pax..... although I watched a shitload of videos of it already the size still surprised me, smaller than i anticipated

It's charging now anyone know how long the first charge usually takes?

Me, too. Mine came this afternoon and I was even surprised by how small the box was. Mine is charging and I'm looking forward to a spin around the block. I've had it about an hour, and so far no sticking mouthpiece!

headdoctor,

MrNorml

Hey guys, just got one of these from Vapeworld (Thanks Ellen!) - got the purple one just because it was in stock. This is to go with my Buddha and MFLB (and will likely replace the MFLB.)

Quick question: is there any reason to pay more for the 99% Isopropyl Alcohol to use for cleaning the Pax vs. the standard 70% you can get in any drugstore? I'm a Ph.D. chemist so I know the actual differences, just no experience as to one vs. the other when it comes to cleaning. (Also as a relative newb to what to do with ABV do you use this for extracting that also?) Thanks!
As a Ph.D. chemist you should know you can get 93/97% ISO at CVS for a few bux... as for what to do with ABV consider looking at edibles or try a tin can and some butane and spark up some BHO for a blast. There are threads on FC on this - search ABV or look at some of the edibles threads...

MrNorml,

fudpucker

As a Ph.D. chemist you should know you can get 93/97% ISO at CVS for a few bux... as for what to do with ABV consider looking at edibles or try a tin can and some butane and spark up some BHO for a blast. There are threads on FC on this - search ABV or look at some of the edibles threads...

Yeah, I'm doing some searching on the ABV for edibles. As far as the isopropanol, our local drugstores (small town) just carry the 70%. No prob though getting the higher purity, I could grab some from the lab or get it from Amazon, just wanted to know if it was advantageous vs. what we've already got in the house for everyday use.

fudpucker,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
So, even though my Cloud green light is on, I'm currently using the Pax. Yes, my temp light issue was gone however its back. Playing operation fixed the issue temporarily, but it's already back. Was playing with party mode, heating up, took mouthpiece out, back in, now temp light issue.

newVaper420,

willieR

Been here since 2009
I use the 99% as part of my business, so I order by the case online. You can buy it by the bottle also. Prices vary so shop

I'm toasting the herbs much more with the Pax, so I'm sure my ABV value has dropped. I might just make tincture from straight flower.

Update on the little dental brushes. Cheap as shit online, and they seem well built. Thickness if really fat dental floss. They fit easily between the steel and the plastic housing where the mouthpiece goes. Right down to the springs. You could easily barely moisten these with Iso and do a wipe. I did. You can twist between your fingers like a drill to accelerate the action. Right down to the springs. Seemed very smooth.

Peroy

A strange thing happened to my Pax today.

After using it, I clicked it close as usual and put it down.

Hours later, I mean like 4 hours later, i picked up my Pax and it was still hot like I used it 10 minutes ago.

The mouthpiece was down and the light was off.

Strangely enough, the battery was only at yellow after all this.

I turned it off again, and it cooled down.

has anybody experienced anything like this?

Peroy,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom