Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
I already know what the perfect tool is going to be for the PAX while I wait for it to arrive in the mail.... here it is!

picktool1.png

picktool2.png

This tool is my favorite it has a packer tool and a poker (stir) tool and one other tool i never use, but it's by far the ultimate handy tool I use for all my needs. The packer tool on this looks perfect size for this, but time will only tell when I get mine in the mail!

expect the packing end to be too wide for the oven :( I didn't

kushcabbage,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Ok I finally got my tracking number, it says estimated delivery Next Wednesday. Damn them!! I can't wait, LOL

newVaper420,

druminfected

Ok I finally got my tracking number, it says estimated delivery Next Wednesday. Damn them!! I can't wait, LOL

curious when did you order your PAX? I ordered around 4am today, but it still says processing. Just want to make sure it's coming and not backordered, so i can just cancel and order from main ploom site.

druminfected,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Ok, so screens are $10.00 and shipping them is like $11.00?? That crazy! You could ship dozens of them for the price of a stamp!

Tstat,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Ok, so screens are $10.00 and shipping them is like $11.00?? That crazy! You could ship dozens of them for the price of a stamp!
where did you look? I ordered mine from vapeworld and it was free shipping, though they are back ordered, I have not even had a reply to my email asking about them yet.

druminfected

If it doesn't fit, just file a bit of the edges off to make it fit. Problem solved :tup:
Even better, shape into a rectangle with rounded corners to fit the oven perfectly for the ultimate pax tool!

great minds think alike, i was just thinking of this! I really think it will fit, and if it does I will be pleased as most of you as well, because this will be the perfect tool for it, I just know it!

I'll post pics when it finally happens.

OR!?

someone could give me the height demensions and then i can measure the pick tool!

druminfected,

Dammit

great minds think alike, i was just thinking of this! I really think it will fit, and if it does I will be pleased as most of you as well, because this will be the perfect tool for it, I just know it!

I'll post pics when it finally happens.

OR!?

someone could give me the height demensions and then i can measure the pick tool!
It has to be no wider than .9mm or 3/8"

Dammit,
Reactions: willieR

kronickidd

a lot has happen since i was off line...

LAST TIME on kronic kidd's post >> quick flash back... lunch session. his buddy dropped kidd's pax like it was an olympic gold medlist... flying off the vault.... so i was using the slightly damaged pax, which kept chugging like nothing happen. The mouth piece was sticky like a MOFO... i cleaned here and their... got a new MP from Ploom with ease.... The new MP is a nice improvement... My friend that dropped the pax offered to buy it... so i got a new one... IT CAME IN TODAY! and let me tell you... It's PAX 2.0. the Mouth piece is PERFECT. click once, open, click again. CLOSE. Check it out folks... i tried the old mouth piece on it.. and it works teh same.. place the new MP on the First pax... and it wasn't as solid in terms of open and closing on just the first time. that is all....

kronickidd,

willieR

Been here since 2009
I made the Dude's variety of paper clip tool under the mouthpiece. Bent end just shy of 3/8" .

Vapinghole, you're intriguing me with what you add to the normal flower. Do you ever add oil also?

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
WiilieR - I'm typically not a concentrates guy, but I just happened to get a chunk of hash from my supplier (not sure if that's a concentrate), and I'm really digging it. I've not tried oils in the pax, but I've tried them through other vapes.

Vapinghole,

willieR

Been here since 2009
I would think a salad would soak up the oil and keep it safe from travelling up to the mouthpiece. Did you use a low setting?

If it doesn't fit, just file a bit of the edges off to make it fit. Problem solved :tup:
Even better, shape into a rectangle with rounded corners to fit the oven perfectly for the ultimate pax tool!

The oven sides are all square, and not tapered? I'm not in front of mine at the moment. Neat idea to have a plunger that fits perfectly.

Jamband, I have a complaint. I know you mean well and all when you post milk in heavy glass, but you have to understand that we mortals can easily come to expect to see more of this. And then when we don't, we get cranky. So I'd suggest avoiding a bunch of cranky and get that camera out of the drawer. Just an idea.

druminfected

It has to be no wider than .9mm or 3/8"

ok i measured this, but i don't know what the measurements are in mm and cm. can someone tell me what it is?

now you guys know the measurements of this pick tool now though, so if someone could measure the inside of the PAX oven we will finally know!:tup:
picktoolmeasurements.jpg

druminfected,

dudeeitsbrian

figured out the purpose of the o-rings, basically they stop the device from sliding back and fourth very slightly when you open/close the mouthpiece. i noticed my screw getting loose often in my pax without the o-rings, i'm probably going to put some electrical tape in place of the o-ring to make it tighter fit in the shell.

dudeeitsbrian,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Goodness gracious! The Pax handles hash quite well. Mixed with some herb, the load seems to go on and on and on and on...

This is the bowl that never ends
it just goes on and on my friends
Some people started toking it not knowing what it was
and they'll continue toking it forever just because...
This is the bowl that never ends
it just goes on and on my friends
Some people started toking it not knowing what it was
and they'll continue toking it forever just because...

Fully Melted

It's OK to enjoy your medicine.
I got to test drive another FC members PAX tonight. I'm very impressed! And a bit over medicated as OG bud alone leads to blueberry keif, leads to destroyer FMCD, leads to a messy oven that wasn't hard to clean at all when hot. WOW!

I can't wait for mine to ship! The PAX is such a simple, solid and elegant solution! :clap:

droog77

New FC member here (2nd post). I found and read this thread when I began having mouthpiece issues with my Pax. Lots of great info here. I decided to join so I could share my experience.

I did not clean my Pax soon enough. It got quite gummed up before I cleaned it the first time.

I gave it a thorough cleaning with iso. I did get some iso in the temp button area, but have had no ill effects because of this.

The mouthpiece action did not return to normal after the first cleaning. This got me worried. I thought I might have to send it back, but I didn't want to be without it for any length of time! I cleaned it a second time, again with iso, but I heated it up first. I also soaked the MP in iso. I'm happy to report that the MP action has returned to normal. Very happy with my Pax (my first vape).

I believe I've identified a factor that contributed to getting the mouthpiece gummed up. During the first couple weeks, I often laid the unit down horizontally between hits. I believe this allowed warm resin to run towards the mouthpiece. Now I always set it down vertically to prevent this.

I will also be cleaning the unit very regularly from now on. This isn't a big deal, as it only takes a few minutes, and the unit cleans up very nicely.

droog77,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom