Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSIHP

Just placed my order for my PAX! I decided to go with VapeWorld just because of the free grinder (I could always use more toys!) and shipping. I can't wait to open that box and give it a go! Thanks everyone here for making me feel so good about this decision and I'll post back here as soon as it comes in!

JoeKickass

I go weeks without major cleaning too, and I like the look of the vape tool, but with a regular paperclip you can poke out the screen & chip away the resin build-up in seconds. I just use my finger to pack the bowl...

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
I go weeks without major cleaning too, and I like the look of the vape tool, but with a regular paperclip you can poke out the screen & chip away the resin build-up in seconds. I just use my finger to pack the bowl...
nothing like a finger in a hot oven if you want a second load :ko:

kushcabbage,

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
I finger pack my bowl as well. I tried using my 7th Floor pick to stir but it just makes a mess (and now I can't even find it). I empty out material in my palm, finger grind, and re pack.

tranceporter,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
So just for fun, here is my pax setup.
Here we have a slightly less aesthetic pax with two small o rings with the pick at the side. Don't need to take it off, plenty of room for the lid to be removed. A double sided container with either herb on one side abv on the other or a small brush. All inside this cool Logitech case my mouse usb cables came inside. Who would have known. Cheers sometimes function > form

photobjo.jpg
photo1zw.jpg

photo2xg.jpg
photo3qy.jpg

jambandphan03

in flavor country
back in pax limbo, and monday is a holiday for the mailman, so looks like Tues is my estimated arrival. That tool looks good, nice way to bind it to the pax, keep it handy. I might have to get one of those, maybe Amazon will restock. Speaking of Amazon, I don't know what happened but suddenly solo's are no longer up for sale anywhere on amazon, I know this is a bit off topic, but I hope this isn't some kind of crack down on selling vaporizer gear through amazon. Other vape still show up, so it doesn't make a lot of sense. Anyway, I just wanted to mention that, to see if anyone has noticed anything else strange suddenly happening on Amazon.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: willieR

Adobewan

So just for fun, here is my pax setup.
Here we have a slightly less aesthetic pax with two small o rings with the pick at the side. Don't need to take it off, plenty of room for the lid to be removed. A double sided container with either herb on one side abv on the other or a small brush. All inside this cool Logitech case my mouse usb cables came inside. Who would have known. Cheers sometimes function > form

photobjo.jpg
photo1zw.jpg

photo2xg.jpg
photo3qy.jpg
Super cool Kush, just awesome.
I agree with WillieR regarding the added security on the door, the one on my replacement Pax seems slightly looser than my original.
Where's the double sided container from?

damienm420

So is it ok to soak the oven lid and mouth piece in iso? And hour long should you leave it in the iso? TIA

damienm420,

Dammit

So is it ok to soak the oven lid and mouth piece in iso? And hour long should you leave it in the iso? TIA
DO NOT soak the oven lid in iso! Mouth piece only! Just a quick dip is all that's needed. The screen on the other hand...soak and scrap!

Dammit,

JoeKickass

Guys I have found you really don't need iso for the Pax.

All you do, is if it's difficult to clean, is turn it on!

When it's hot: oven loads tap out easier, resin is absorbed into q-tips, the oven lid can be cleaned by wiping it on a paper towel, and paperclips wipe away build-up instead of flaking it off into your eye. Mechanical cleaning is really all that's needed for proper function imo

kronickidd

to stir or not to stir? i used a small card.. folded in half... dump on card... then fill back to oven... any body else?

also.. i use the MFLB brush... that helps with packing.. cleaning.. and just keeping it neat... but like joe kick some ass said.. just a paper clip... and turn it on so it heats up to make the unit clean easier! this pax is whipping ass... my volcano is just sitting thier:uhoh:

also.. this thing needs a usb power adapter.... the most common source of charging...and a built in flash light(functional... more than the light button) now its super stealthy! LOL

jambandphan03

in flavor country
this pax is whipping ass... my volcano is just sitting thier:uhoh:

Dare I say, I felt the same way when I got my pax to work right, it was kicking up vapor like none of my others on the high setting, and the way it hit me, was heavier than any of my other vapes too. I was thoroughly impressed, and I have been using a Cloud for the last 3 weeks or so. I couldn't believe how good it worked, when it worked. Can't wait for the next one to arrive!! I LOVE my Cloud, but I have to say that it makes me so nervous when anyone comes near it, it's so fragile. The Pax on the other hand, will be great for sharing, as I won't feel nearly as worried about it being damaged. It's also much more compact. I just need to find a better way to connect it to glass.

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
Guys I have found you really don't need iso for the Pax.

All you do, is if it's difficult to clean, is turn it on!

When it's hot: oven loads tap out easier, resin is absorbed into q-tips, the oven lid can be cleaned by wiping it on a paper towel, and paperclips wipe away build-up instead of flaking it off into your eye. Mechanical cleaning is really all that's needed for proper function imo

Bottom line--keep this vaporizer clean for best function. Mine works like a charm.

jmorales707

Well today after a regular cleaning I've finally been hit with the stuck temp button. Whack but at least it stuck on high which is what I use mostly anyways lol. Don't want to be without flower vape so prolly wait for the bender for persei to come out before I switch this in for replacement

jmorales707,

skippy

there seems to be a lot of teething problems with this thing,as good as it sounds.
I want one, but it may be wise to wait until the problems are ironed out. Does anyone know if this thing got beta tested? Because a lot of people seem to have similar problems that quite frankly should have been sorted already.

skippy,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
there seems to be a lot of teething problems with this thing,as good as it sounds.
I want one, but it may be wise to wait until the problems are ironed out. Does anyone know if this thing got beta tested? Because a lot of people seem to have similar problems that quite frankly should have been sorted already.

I hope with the new batch that's getting released Sept. 10th, that they made some minor modifications. I hope so.

newVaper420,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
I see virtually nothing wrong with the current design as long as you keep it clean. I wouldn't expect any changes honestly. What other problems are there besides issues related to cleaning (a user issue not a Pax problem) and issues that were fixed under warranty? (the blue light only pax and some doa batteries IIRC)

willieR

Been here since 2009
I suspect the new shipments will all have the new mouthpieces. I'd assume that's about it.

Someday maybe they'll change the plastic for the temp button. That seems like the major oversight to me. Obviously vapes and Iso go hand in hand so why build this with a product that clearly reacts to Iso.

willieR,
Reactions: Namaste
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom