Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wizsteve

lol ok made me laugh , i meant with mouthpiece facing up in other words don't place upside down on the stand .(this keeps the oils in the oven ,when placed upside down stand when charging oils move to the mouthpiece as battery heats up.)

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
The battery does not heat during charging, not enough to heat the resins trapped in the vapor tube, by any means. Charging it normally will not cause issues unless you charge it directly after use. Charging it directly after use does not seem to be the best idea, I wait until mine has cooled down before charging.

This has all been covered in this thread. It is insanely long with many pages, but every bit of information dealing with both problems and solutions in this thread is rehashed again and again throughout.

Deadshort480,
Reactions: 2 Paces

jeff

Ladies and Gentleman or Paxers (whether or not you believe there are notches) So I am pulling the lazy card here and feel no choice since our frigging forum here is turning into a real tome. I would like to discuss Glass to Gong. We are well established that people are running 1/2" Inside Diameter tubing to connect the PAX to a Gong adapter of your choices. I seem to recall back in the day that someone had taken off the black on the mouthpiece and connected straight to metal stem? Does anybody remember that? Does anyone have a better streamlined (more compact) way? It looked like live-n-learn had a pretty streamlined set up in his mobius video. Live n learn if you are on here care to chime in?

Also why do folks seem to be using the pinnacle pong or tubing instead of 14mm glass adapter?

jeff,

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
I used the 1/2" ID, 5/8" OD tubing connected onto the Pax Mouthpiece and put that into the 18mm joint of my matrix. Direct connection. I like the removing the metal piece part but never tried it with the smaller tubing. I still dont see any custom glass adapters for the Pax anywhere though, so tubing is the best you can get, I believe.

Deadshort480

The most compact way I've seen is the small chunk of tube to a male - male adapter. It adds about 2" to the length of the Pax. I've seen suitcase rigs and long lengths of medical tubing to connect the Pax to a glass piece. Nothing seems more compact than the simple chunk of silicone tubing and the adapter.

Deadshort480,

jeff

I used the 1/2" ID, 5/8" OD tubing connected onto the Pax Mouthpiece and put that into the 18mm joint of my matrix. Direct connection. I like the removing the metal piece part but never tried it with the smaller tubing. I still dont see any custom glass adapters for the Pax anywhere though, so tubing is the best you can get, I believe.

I see that is why yours looks so small. No Adapter in the middle. The problem with the metal stem idea seems to be that the tubing would probably be a lot narrower than a GonG.

The most compact way I've seen is the small chunk of tube to a male - male adapter. It adds about 2" to the length of the Pax. I've seen suitcase rigs and long lengths of medical tubing to connect the Pax to a glass piece. Nothing seems more compact than the simple chunk of silicone tubing and the adapter.

That seems to be it. I am thinking about getting one of those Pinnacle Water tubes. Mainly cause they are just $50 right now. hmmm. insert contemplative emoticon.

jeff,

Deadshort480

No contemplation! Buy it. They are an excellent combination. My #1 travel and on the go combo.

Deadshort480,

Doug

Just passing time
I just used the silicone from my EQ tough bowl to connect to my lattice. It fits right around the standard 19mm stemless joint and right around the pax mouthpiece. I doubled over the silicone to create a more robust connection for the pax. Easy. Compact. Not breakable.

Doug,

Wizsteve

for the pax i just dont see it .waste of money .for me at least i bought the pax cuz i can take anywhere toss in pocket .the water tube wouldnt fit in my pocket without being noticed .nor could i use it with water tube without noticing it.

that leaves one to only use at home and have much better stuff at home lol.

anyways for me i think : save that 50 use for another vape your just going to break that wt lol

Wizsteve,

Deadshort480

I use mine all the time on the go. In the car, at a concert, sporting event, wedding, vacations, and pretty much anywhere when I'm not home. Even at home it's nice when I want to move around away from my plug in unit. In no way is the tube a waste of $50. It's fuckin awesome for $50!

Wizsteve

guess if one has another way to carry it around other than in your pants pocket and don't mind ppl seeing you use it and didn't have better stuff at home sure it would be fine ,just would not fit my needs.

Last edited:
Wizsteve,

Belgianvapor

since today, I can't get my screen in it's place in my pax, tried a new screen, reversing it, bending it...
everthing, but it keeps jumping up EVERY single time, most of the time it pops out JUST when I filled my pax, any help anybody? It never did this before

Last edited:
Belgianvapor,

Shadowdjinni

I use mine all the time on the go. In the car, at a concert, sporting event, wedding, vacations, and pretty much anywhere when I'm not home. Even at home it's nice when I want to move around away from my plug in unit. In no way is the tube a waste of $50. It's fuckin awesome for $50!
Sporting events? Which ones? Because at concerts, where people are normally smoking, they don't care that I have a vape. I don't see the general public being cool with this though...

since today, I can't get my screen in it's place in my pax, tried a new screen, reversing it, bending it...
everthing, but it keeps jumping up EVERY single time, most of the time it pops out JUST when I filled my pax, any help anybody? It never did this before
As discsused before, did you just clean it? If so, did you take out some of the extra resin around the walls of the chamber/trench?

Shadowdjinni,

Belgianvapor

I don't clean it that often, but I never had any issue with this before so no it's not the resin or lack of it that is the cause of this.
I cleaned it a few days ago, used it a few times after that and the screen stayed well in place even when well cleaned.

Belgianvapor,

Deadshort480

Football games mostly. It's especially easy when it's chilly out because I can just stack my fists on top of eachother and it looks like I'm blowing into them for warmth. It's not quite as easy at baseball games. A quick walk to a secluded area for two minutes works. Bathroom stalls always work. I don't go to many other sporting events. I never announce to anyone that I'm vaping and I don't blow clouds into peoples faces.

Deadshort480,

Deadshort480

How does the pax work outside when it's really cold? like around 0 Degrees F.

Keep it close to your body to keep it warm when it's not in use. When it is in use, keep your hands wrapped around it to maintain warmth. It may take a bit longer to get up to temperature, but once there it should maintain. I admittedly have not had it in 0 degree weather, but damn close to it.

Deadshort480,

Lukevh

I currently have a solo, the MFLB, and an Enano. I never use the Solo or the MFLB anymore because I don't like the LB that much and the solo is just too restricted for my tastes. I love the enano, but i think once i get the Planet vape stem and Gong/PNWT i just ordered i will be back to using the solo for my home unit. Hoping to trade the enano for a pax for outdoor use! would love to have one of these guys, cleaning just seems like such a hassle.

EDIT; just realized this may come off as an advertisement, but i mean it in no such way.

Lukevh,

Lukevh

I've used one and found that the draw didn't bother me nearly as much, not sure why. I would love to have a portable that i can slip in my pocket, was waiting out on ascent but It looks like the Pax is a better option for me.

Lukevh,

Wizsteve

i made my own screen from a razor foil it made all the difference in the world .the screen thing popping out makes me wonder if the oven might be warping from the heat in time?

Wizsteve,

pig benis

i made my own screen from a razor foil it made all the difference in the world .the screen thing popping out makes me wonder if the oven might be warping from the heat in time?

I ended up creating an account just to respond to you. I've read a bunch on this thread and finally pulled the trigger and ordered a pax. Should get it mid next week. Where do I find this razor foil you are talking about? Can you reply with a link from amazon or something? Or send me a message? Also curious about the high temperature food grade lube you were talking about. While you're at it, can you explain the O-ring?

Again, I haven't touched the pax yet, but it's on the way and I just want to make it as little as a hassle as possible once it arrives.

Is there anything else I should know? I read on one of the 300+ pages about a cheaper cigarette adapter chargers than the one ploom sells on their official website. Anyone have a link where I can snag one of those?

Thanks so much for the information.

pig benis,

Wizsteve

http://www.amazon.com/Remington-Rep...381552898&sr=8-8&keywords=titanium+razor+foil

slim pickings on amazon there flat ones too by Panasonic no plastic to break but this works fine
you just remove foils than use a marker to outline old screen than cut with tin snips.

81siC0knaxL._SL1500_.jpg

the lube is the same stuff they use on super automatic coffee machines hi temp
petrol-gel-sanitary-lubricant-4-oz-tube.jpg

http://www.webstaurantstore.com/pet...-4-oz-tube/401PETROGEL.html?utm_source=Amazon

Wizsteve,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom