Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

ipax

I would have to have all three, but If I could could pick one it would be a tough choice of the solo and pax. maybe lean toward the pax.. :) such an easy vape.
I've read that with the solo occasionally you can accidentally breath in the ground up herb. That made it an instant pax decision for me.

ipax,

Greenmile1332

I've read that with the solo occasionally you can accidentally breath in the ground up herb. That made it an instant pax decision for me.

Nice! do you have any other vapes..? and, how do you like your Pax, and do you use it on the go mostly or just for mobility around the home front......

I am in a terrible first purchase stage an am torn as what to order, but i want to order tonight !!! I have been researching for a week now, and i just seem to keep finding cool things, (just saw the new vaperblunt2.0) and i keep watching my jar disappear while trying not to tear up..... :/ lol

Greenmile1332,
Yeah not sure why they say that, I read that thread a while ago too. It works as is, no need to heat it. Give it a shot if you dont believe me. :lol:

Also give raw ABV plenty of time to digest - it WILL hit you, but the timing can be unpredictable. I've had it take anywhere from 1/2 hour to 4 hours (usually 1 1/2 hr). That is an advantage of absorbing the good stuff into an oil, or especially a high-proof alcohol - it usually assimilates into the system quicker, and it is always for me much more predictable when it will hit.

ipax

Nice! do you have any other vapes..? and, how do you like your Pax, and do you use it on the go mostly or just for mobility around the home front......

I am in a terrible first purchase stage an am torn as what to order, but i want to order tonight !!! I have been researching for a week now, and i just seem to keep finding cool things, (just saw the new vaperblunt2.0) and i keep watching my jar disappear while trying not to tear up..... :/ lol
It was my first vape, so of course I love it. I also have an Extreme Q (a few weeks old) I used the pax to completely replace combustion. So I used that at home and away, but now that I have the Q I only really use the pax I'm away from home. (the pax is a little underwhelming for groups, especially over two.)

ipax,

francis

Vape enthusiasms
Hi there , almost read this entire thread!

Im ready to buy but , all canadian reseller are out of stock since 2 month now.
If i buy from pax website shipping , duty and taxes will up the bill to almost 330$

If anyone know where or when i can get a pax in canada , please let me know !

francis,

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
Hi there , almost read this entire thread!

Im ready to buy but , all canadian reseller are out of stock since 2 month now.
If i buy from pax website shipping , duty and taxes will up the bill to almost 330$

If anyone know where or when i can get a pax in canada , please let me know !
you can send me your money and I'll buy you one ;)

Mr.Krinkle,

JoeKickass

I humbly suggest pax and flashvape.

The fv is cheap, quality, and will save you bud ($$)

But the Pax will knock your socks off and satisfy urges and impress your friends :D

vapeguy

I was about to get an Inhalater XP but after reading about some of them failing and the $10 capsules not lasting more than a few months I'm now leaning more towards the Pax.

Who here tried both and how do they compare? Does it require stirring and does it work well if you do a half load?

Should I get the Pax instead of the Inhalater XP and what's the best place to get it online that's in Canada? Are there any coupon codes?

Thanks

vapeguy,

Greenmile1332

I was about to get an Inhalater XP but after reading about some of them failing and the $10 capsules not lasting more than a few months I'm now leaning more towards the Pax.

Who here tried both and how do they compare? Does it require stirring and does it work well if you do a half load?

Should I get the Pax instead of the Inhalater XP and what's the best place to get it online that's in Canada? Are there any coupon codes?

Thanks

Hey friend, Have you tried the Solo ?

Greenmile1332,

vapeguy

Hey friend, Have you tried the Solo ?
I have a Solo and don't like the tiny load size and glass stem, it's also fairly big compared to the others. I much prefer a too large load than too small. I will be selling my Solo to get either the Pax or Inhalater, but am almost sure I prefer the Pax now.

Not occasionally, it actually happens every session, but you can cut a screen to the right size to solve this.

vapeguy,

Greenmile1332

I have a Solo and don't like the tiny load size and glass stem, it's also fairly big compared to the others. I much prefer a too large load than too small. I will be selling my Solo to get either the Pax or Inhalater, but am almost sure I prefer the Pax now.

Not occasionally, it actually happens every session, but you can cut a screen to the right size to solve this.

I am debating on the Solo v Pax right now.... any other downsides to it....? I would get a hyrdro tube and a GoNg and rip it at home mostly....

But i really like the Pax, and I am a bit of an Herbivore....:smug: so i don't think i'd take to good to a small load chamber, how small is it?
taste, rips, etc..? (sorry, first time converter looking to purchase asap)

Greenmile1332,

Nichiatu

So this morning I got in my car. It was pretty cold the night before, and I tried starting up my Pax. I clicked it open, and noticed it was very hard to turn on, as the mouthpiece very slowly ascended. Me, being the idiot I am, tried to help it on it's way, so what happened was that I pulled the mouthpiece upwards, and the light just didn't emit any more light.
TL;DR: It's not turning on. Have anyone experienced the same, and if so, what did you do to fix it?

Nichiatu,

vapeguy

I am debating on the Solo v Pax right now.... any other downsides to it....? I would get a hyrdro tube and a GoNg and rip it at home mostly....

But i really like the Pax, and I am a bit of an Herbivore....:smug: so i don't think i'd take to good to a small load chamber, how small is it?
taste, rips, etc..? (sorry, first time converter looking to purchase asap)

It's very small, check the solo thread, but I'm almost sure it's under 0.1g when packed, way too small for me. Taste is good but the draw is very restricted, but apparently the pax is too. I'm debating between the Pax and Inhalater but am quite sure I prefer the pax.

So this morning I got in my car. It was pretty cold the night before, and I tried starting up my Pax. I clicked it open, and noticed it was very hard to turn on, as the mouthpiece very slowly ascended. Me, being the idiot I am, tried to help it on it's way, so what happened was that I pulled the mouthpiece upwards, and the light just didn't emit any more light.
TL;DR: It's not turning on. Have anyone experienced the same, and if so, what did you do to fix it?
From what I read it simply needs to be cleaned when it has those 2 symptoms.

vapeguy,

Nichiatu

From what I read it simply needs to be cleaned when it has those 2 symptoms.

Really? Because it's not recognizing the on state at all, the mouthpiece isn't sticky at all, it just doesn't turn on. I will try anyway, for good measure.

Nichiatu,

YeeeBuddy

I think it doesnt like the cold weather , do you usually leave in your car? try charging it, I remember reading about someone having the same problem leaving it in a coldass car overnight.

YeeeBuddy,

Nichiatu

I think it doesnt like the cold weather , do you usually leave in your car? try charging it, I remember reading about someone having the same problem leaving it in a coldass car overnight.

Yeah, I forgot it in my car last night. My initial intention was to bring it inside, but I forgot.

Nichiatu,
Cold weather kills the battery. This is true for the Pax or any other type of unit that runs on rechargeable batteries. Never leave it in the car when it's cold out. Charge it, should be good. Do that too many times and the battery will be gone.

cold weather is to these batteries as water is to a flame.

TheDudeNextDoor,
Reactions: Nichiatu

Nichiatu

Cold weather kills the battery. This is true for the Pax or any other type of unit that runs on rechargeable batteries. Never leave it in the car when it's cold out. Charge it, should be good. Do that too many times and the battery will be gone.

cold weather is to these batteries as water is to a flame.

I understand. Thank you so much, and you ended up being right. I went home during my break and put it in the charger, works like a charm again.
Keep your Pax away from cold weather (should be equally important as cleaning it regularly).

Nichiatu,

francis

Vape enthusiasms
I understand. Thank you so much, and you ended up being right. I went home during my break and put it in the charger, works like a charm again.
Keep your Pax away from cold weather (should be equally important as cleaning it regularly).
http://batteryuniversity.com said:
Cold temperature increases the internal resistance and diminishes the capacity. Batteries that would provide 100 percent capacity at 27°C (80°F) will typically deliver only 50 percent at –18°C (0°F). The capacity decrease is linear with temperature. The capacity decrease is momentary and the level of decline depends on the battery chemistry.
Li-ion also performs better at high temperatures than at low ones. Heat lowers the internal resistance but this stresses the battery. Warming a dying flashlight or cellular phone battery in your jean pocket might provide additional runtime in the winter. As all drivers in cold countries know, a warm battery cranks the car engine easier than a cold one.[/quote]

francis,

francis

Vape enthusiasms
Yah mine came today too. I was a little ticked about the $42 charge I thought it was free shipping lol.

Guess its not free shipping anymore.

for the pre-total on ploom website , its 259.99 + 35 $ shipping to canada.
then there is taxes, almost another 40$

i saw somewere that vaporizer are in a special class , aromatherapy product, so there is no duty .

EDIT
dutycalculator.com said:
Import duty & taxes for Pax by Ploom

The import duty rate for importing Pax by Ploom into Canada is 0% , the import GST depends on the province, when classified under Health & Beauty → Health Care → Electric Vaporisers for Aromatherapy Use with HS commodity code 8479.89.9090

francis,

vapeguy

What are the operating costs for the Pax in terms of replacement parts?

I don't like that the Inhalater requires $10 capsules that have a limited life. Are the filters the only consumable part on the Pax you need to keep buying and how long to they last both between needing cleaning and between needing replacing?

Do you need to buy the Pax cleaning kits or can you use any pipe cleaners and alcohol? Those that tried both the Pax and Inhalater which do you prefer and why?

Thanks

vapeguy,

francis

Vape enthusiasms
What are the operating costs for the Pax in terms of replacement parts?

I don't like that the Inhalater requires $10 capsules that have a limited life. Are the filters the only consumable part on the Pax you need to keep buying and how long to they last both between needing cleaning and between needing replacing?

Do you need to buy the Pax cleaning kits or can you use any pipe cleaners and alcohol? iInhalater which do you prefer and why?

Thanks

from what i have read here ,

the only consumable part is the screen at the bottom wich can be cleaned very easily and can last very long.
screens are 10 $ for a pack of 3 if you need replacement.
of course there is the battery , the rumor says that pax will offer replacement program.

you can use isopropyl alchool and swab/pipe cleaner to clean it . just dont put iso alchool on the "temp light" .

francis,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom