Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I was also wondering if running a pipe cleaner, or something more sturdy like a section of a wire coat hanger up from the bottom (oven end) of the air path, putting pressure from the under side would help unjam the stuck mouthpiece?? Completely reaching here...

jambandphan03,

tig420

I was also wondering if running a pipe cleaner, or something more sturdy like a section of a wire coat hanger up from the bottom (oven end) of the air path, putting pressure from the under side would help unjam the stuck mouthpiece?? Completely reaching here...
i was thinking the same thing but i am having a hard time getting the screen out from the oven side its in there pretty tight

ok i just tried that and it is a bad idea it destroyed my mouthpiece it came off but just the plastic top and the stainless piece is still in the unit and now it is just powered on until it dies i guess this is a nice vape but it sure has a lot of fucking problems

tig420,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
:uhoh: oh man, so sorry to read this. I don't know what kind of force you used to cause the parts to separate. I certainly had no idea it would do that. I didn't consider how much force might be applied. So sorry!! I certainly did not mean to make things worse for you.

jambandphan03,

tig420

its all good i was planning on trying that anyway i am a pretty big strong dude and have a tendency to not know how much force i am putting into stuff like this it always seems to be to much. i just wish i could use my pax now that i have to send it back again it will have as much time being returned as i have had time using it and i love the smooth vapor this thing dumps out. very disappointing

tig420,

skrap

my damn mouth piece is stuck down after a fresh cleaning which i find kinda weird i hope i can get this fucker to pop back up

Try putting a few drops of iso around the edge of the mouthpiece, swirl it around a little and click it a few times.
This was the only way I could get mine unstuck. Only a few drops though.

A custom cleaning piece that would clean the outside of the airpath, spring and metal sliding ring (where it contacts the mouthpiece) would be great. I'm envisioning something that would look like miniature hole saw made out of something soft.

skrap,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I know how you feel, I had one sent to me that didn't work right, got to try it a few times, then had to send it back. Hate to see so many people having trouble with this one. It does produce amazing vapor. I hope in time the problems will be resolved with better design. My replacement pax is stuck at the P.O. waiting for the holiday to pass so it can be delivered. Still, I really hate giving advice that makes things worse for somebody.

jambandphan03,

dudeeitsbrian

All members must be treated in a respectful and adult manner. All members should respect and adhere to the promotion of harmony within the community. Do not attempt to disrupt the community in any way.
i've begun ignoring all the users who seem to not have half a brain (what else should i expect from a mainly pot smoking forum), but i'll put this out there as a general comment. if the mouthpiece is stuck, heat your pax up a little bit and it will at least allow you to get it open. use a blowdryer or something or heat it up, it will pop up quickly.

i guess common sense is not so common?

i'll probably not be posting back here again, goodbye fc :)

dudeeitsbrian,
Reactions: Drastic

jambandphan03

in flavor country
i've begun ignoring all the users who seem to not have half a brain (what else should i expect from a mainly pot smoking forum), but i'll put this out there as a general comment. if the mouthpiece is stuck, heat your pax up a little bit and it will at least allow you to get it open. use a blowdryer or something or heat it up, it will pop up quickly.

I thought about heat too, but with so many electronic internals, and the mouthpiece tube being inside the unit, I did not know if there was a reasonable way to heat the top portion of the pax with out messing something up. Your point is well taken, but a little insulting. Some of us may not be as smart as others, but we shouldn't be made to feel bad for it either. A little kindness goes a long way.

kushcabbage

vapor nerd

i'll probably not be posting back here again, goodbye fc :)
Did you forget about the common sense you had half ruining your pax with shoddy soldering? You really haven't been much help as you think you have 'dude'. I think the forum will move on I promise. Have a great day. We will.

Dammit

Before you do anything with the pliers, try pressing it in but letting come up very slowly. That works for me every single time!
So much of this. I wish I saw this earlier before you destroyed your mouth piece, although I've had an idea of separating the ss tube from the plastic piece, and attaching silicon tube straight to the ss part of the mouth piece to use with a water pipe.

Dammit

Wow! Would that work Dammit?
I don't see why not. There is a magnet on the plastic part, but I think that it just turns the pax off when you push the mouth piece in. I think the pax will stay on without the plastic part but not turn off properly without the magnet. I would do some experimenting but I don't have an extra mouth piece to sacrifice. Maybe if I can get ploom to send me a new one, I'll try it out with my spare mouth piece.

Dammit,
Reactions: willieR

JoeKickass

Wow it's been a big day...

it destroyed my mouthpiece it came off but just the plastic top and the stainless piece is still in the unit and now it is just powered on until it dies

My god that sounds like utter carnage! :o

goodbye fc :)

What a shame :( I liked the hairdryer idea... I'll give you some parting advice:
There's ignorance everywhere, don't let it overwhelm you, teach who you can but don't let them take away from your own happiness.

Maybe if I can get ploom to send me a new one, I'll try it out with my spare mouth piece.

I think that's a great idea (so great I might do that when I get my new one too)

Keep the reg mouthpiece on it to turn on/off as normal, but switch to the metal tube with hose on it for waterpipes :tup:

VaporsVaporizer

On the Stoop
Went out of town Sat, seems the mailman showed up after i left. Two day shipping from Utah -NY, not bad. Now i have to wait till 10am tomorrow to pick it up, I will be at the P.O. at 10am sharp ;)

VaporsVaporizer,
Wow as much as I side with you Brian you should know that not everyone on this forum has done their research reading 100+ pages. A lot of people just saw an amazing product and bought it. I did this once in the past and got fucked on an HDTV. Now I do my homework on everything expensive I buy. For all we know he watched the video Ploom posted or just went at it with what he was given by Ploom. I know I am rambling but you have given a lot to this forum and think your insight will be missed

TheAngryGiraffe,
Reactions: willieR

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
Anyway...let's get back to something positive, like the Pax!

My new screens arrived from Ploom. I also grabbed some $4 pipe cleaners. Those coupled with some q-tip action in the appropriate areas help keep my Pax squeaky clean. In fact, I've been cleaning mine after every 6 uses (though I've been spiking my herb with hash recently, which likely gets it dirtier quicker). The mouthpiece action remains solid and my investment so far has been a good one.

;)

tig420

So much of this. I wish I saw this earlier before you destroyed your mouth piece, although I've had an idea of separating the ss tube from the plastic piece, and attaching silicon tube straight to the ss part of the mouth piece to use with a water pipe.
i dont think this will work because it will not turn on and off with just the ss tube in there and i tried heating it in a bag and hot water but it didnt work o well im still stoned so no worries

tig420,

willieR

Been here since 2009
Mine ships on the 10th or such I guess. Haven't heard otherwise. So this works OK with some kief or hash mixed with flower? Thinking of Vapinghole's remark.

willieR,

VaporsVaporizer

On the Stoop
It's charging :D
v642mt.jpg

willieR

Been here since 2009
Sweet! Not sure how they're working things. I thought most dealers were out and a new wave wasn't shipping until the 10th.

willieR,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom