Discontinued Pandora Kit from Purple-Days

Gink

Just got the shipping notice! So excited :D

Just as cool as that is tracking shows it left Sixes this afternoon, and already got processed through the sort facility in the next town over from here at 8:30 tonight. Could be on my doorstep tomorrow, that's some speedy shipping! :o

Thanks Tom, really looking forward to getting and building my first vape. Perfect way to finally get to say Fuck Combustion!

Gink,

Flyer

nice pic Tom and Pammy, hard to capture. I appreciate your comment, artists helping artist.

Flyer,

shantytown007

j42d0gg said:
e the perfect addition to my collection. I could get a glass stem from some one like clear dome or the artist above and accomodate both of my loves! My only fear is that I have no experience building any thing :(
I went in with zero experience as well- as long as you have attention to detail, it shouldn't be a problem. Personally, mine arrived early in the week, so I had a chance to watch each of the videos 2-3 times (I think the total running time for all videos is like 30 minutes), which gave me a really good idea of what was needed for a successful build.

The directions are very straightforward, and the videos/pictures let you see all the successful techniques for soldering, wrapping/bending wires.

For the actual build, I did it over a weekend, about 15-20 minutes at a time, and it was a piece of cake. Way easier than the last dresser I bought at Ikea.

Hope this helps!

shantytown007,

Gink

Kit arrived and is most of the way together. Still have to glue the bottom, shape and assemble 2 more vapor tips, then it's just leather, sanding, buttering. Finishing touches.

Let it heat a good long time to test the soldering/wiring. Put some sweet orange oil in the diffuser to test the heat. Meanwhile I shaped and assembled one vapor tip. By the time it was shaped, washed and assembled, the Pandora was nice and toasty, so I just had to take it for a test drive. Held the bottom on with my hand. Not perfectly airtight without being glued in, but good enough.

:o Pandora just took my vaporizer virginity. Yeah, total newb. Coughed my head off since I don't yet have a feel for gauging my intake for the comfort of my particular lungs. Love the taste! Amazing. Was blown away when I blew out the ABV at just how little it used. So efficient! And I feel great. :lol: Finally got to experience all the wonderful things everyone always says about these things.

Me and my PDP are going to be good buddies. Should get some pics up once it's Bisoned and Buttered.

Gink,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
oohh Bison :)

Congrats on the build and first vape :D Looking forward to your pics!

Lo,

j42d0gg

I too am a vape virgin, and I desperately want to start the collection I have dreamed about since joined this board with a PD! But when I say I have no experience with any kind of build, I mean I have ZERO experience at all. I don't even own a saudering iron, much less used one; however, the style and efficiency of this unit is so much more appealing than my second choice of home vape, the SSV. I understand that there is an abundance of helpful information, videos, and a great instruction manual, but would these be enough aid a TOTAL noon in successfully craftig this fine piece of equpitment?

j42d0gg,

Gink

As long as you take your time and read the instructions and watch the video demonstrating each step, you should be fine. There are only 4 connections to solder, none of them too tricky. You don't need advanced soldering skills, you'll mostly just be holding the hot soldering iron against some wires with one hand, and feeding solder to it with the other hand.

You may have to get some tools together if you don't already have what's needed, but mostly the kit just requires the patience to follow the instructions step by step and watch videos and look at pictures to get an idea of what you're doing and how it's supposed to look when done right.

Tom also allows you to preview the kit. When you receive it, don't open any plastic bags or plastic wrap and you can go through the DVD, read the instructions and watch the videos. If you decide at that point that it's beyond your skill level, you can return it and get most of your money back. But it's well worth taking the time and patience to build.

Gink,

fail

img0581.jpg

It's been some time now since I got the P.kit
At first it was hard on my throat, but now I got used to it and it is really great.
I built a bong out of the PD tube. What is good about this setup is that the hot air comes out of the tube's end and hits the water creating gentle water vapors which smooth the hit.

fail,

Infinite Cosmos

Quantum Foam
j42d0gg said:
I too am a vape virgin, and I desperately want to start the collection I have dreamed about since joined this board with a PD! But when I say I have no experience with any kind of build, I mean I have ZERO experience at all. I don't even own a saudering iron, much less used one; however, the style and efficiency of this unit is so much more appealing than my second choice of home vape, the SSV. I understand that there is an abundance of helpful information, videos, and a great instruction manual, but would these be enough aid a TOTAL noon in successfully craftig this fine piece of equpitment?
I was pretty much in the same spot, same situation. It's SO simple, very very basic. I was really worried about the whole process but it was incredibley smooth and easy, do not hesitate to buy one and build it yourself, it was pretty awesome.

Infinite Cosmos,

j42d0gg

Sounds awesome guys, thanks for the quick feedback! I'm pretty much ready to make my purchase :)

j42d0gg,

Plant

My Kit arived this morning i'm reading the instructions now can't wait to get building :brow::brow:
i'm almost done with the kit soldering is done tested it it works

Plant,

Mckdenton

When I got home from work today I had a box waiting for me from Tom and Pammy, I just finished putting My brand new PDP together. She's warming up as I type. :D

Mckdenton,

Lo

Damn MckD.... You're QUICK :D Congrats and hope you enjoy!!

Lo,

Mckdenton

I was racing to get this thing plugged in. this was the longest 28 days of my life. It worked out well. I am pleased, and pretty high right meow (guess that means it works). The first hit of each stem is wicked. It seems my 2 simple wooden vapes (mflb & pdp) have IMO out preformed my big fancy blue L.E.D.ed remote controlled vape and other vapes I have used. This PDP is a wonderful addition to my collection. time to see how it preforms hooked up to some Glass. :peace:

Mckdenton,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
Mine 2nd walnut pdp showed up today. It's for a friend but I ordered some horse leather for mine. :cool: I was pleasantly surprised to find some bison in there too. Now i got options!!! So this time building I'm going to try with no instructions and I'm pretty sure I'll have no problem (I'm an engineer/drafter so this comes pretty easy to me). I just gotta find time to build it. As you all know I'll have high res pictures of everything when I'm done and you know I'll be testing it on some SUPER high end glass before I pass it on. I'm really contemplating grabbing an ash one too now. Bison on ash just seems like a great combo to me.

minnesnowta,

Lo

Damn that walnut looks BEAUTIFUL!!!! Thanks for the pix :D

Lo,

Aidac

I really like that walnut/bison combo... I was thinking of getting that one earlier and your pics made up my mind :)

Aidac,

Anton

Anthony
Well I've decided it's time to order me a pandora kit. been eyeballing the pd for some time now and decided after using my mflb for the past few weeks (my first vape) that it's time to take the plunge. I'm a little curious about the various woods though, I really like the look of the myrtlewood, but noticed on the site it says since it's denser it'll run a couple degrees cooler; will this effect my vaping experience? excited to get the ball rolling on this!

Anton,

Aidac

shantytown007 said:
Gink said:
A couple shots of my new Black Walnut/Bison PDP. Lovin' it!
Wow- really nice job on the leather/wood joint- that's some smooth sanding.
Yeah... I've noticed that a lot of these are a bit rough at the bottom where the leather's attached. How come? Is it hard to make it smooth or something?

Aidac,

shantytown007

Aidac said:
Yeah... I've noticed that a lot of these are a bit rough at the bottom where the leather's attached. How come? Is it hard to make it smooth or something?
In my case, I think it was a combination of things:

I didn't do a good enough job getting all the glue off on the parts that were under the rubber band- rock hard glue/leather is difficult to sand down
I cut the leather early in the morning, about the same time the giant cup of coffee kicked in- could have waited for steadier hands
I wasn't able to sandpaper as effectively on the back with the metal plug receptacle.
I was afraid I'd damage the leather or the wood if I sanded too much or too forcefully.

Overall, I'd say 60-70% of the circle is clean like Gink's on page 26, and about 30% is a tad bit uneven (leather comes up the side approx 1mm). It's very smooth though, appears to be 'one' with the wood, and it's only noticeable when I hold it up to eye level.

shantytown007,
Top Bottom