Outlet Timer

Hi, first time posting and got a bit of an unusual request...
I'm looking at purchasing a new vaporizer and I've narrowed it down to either the extreme q or the herbalaire. Now what I want to do is hook up the vaporizer to an outlet timer so I can have it heat up automatically. Now the herbalaire has a manual temperature dial so this shouldn't be a problem however I wonder if the extreme q will automatically heat up to a setting set beforehand.
Thanks in advance.

crazygonuts,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Yes, the EQ will return to the temperature that was set when you turned it off.

pakalolo,

Kaptan

crazygonuts said:
I'm looking at purchasing a new vaporizer and I've narrowed it down to either the extreme q or the herbalaire. Now what I want to do is hook up the vaporizer to an outlet timer so I can have it heat up automatically. Now the herbalaire has a manual temperature dial so this shouldn't be a problem however I wonder if the extreme q will automatically heat up to a setting set beforehand.
Thanks in advance.

No, the extreme Q will not turn on automatically with an outlet timer. The extreme has an on/off power button that would need to be manually pressed to turn the unit on.

Kaptan,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Kaptan said:
No, the extreme Q will not turn on automatically with an outlet timer. The extreme has an on/off power button that would need to be manually pressed to turn the unit on.

Oops, good point. I was just considering whether it reverts to the previous temperature.

pakalolo,
Kaptan said:
crazygonuts said:
Thanks in advance.

And the herbalaire does not? It will go automatically on if plugged into a outlet timer?

crazygonuts,

jackmormon

The HerbalAire will work off of a timer. But, IMO it would be a waste. The HA only takes 3 minutes to warm up and you want the loaded crucible (bowl) in the unit during warm up. If you let it sit after the warm up period it will cook out some of the goodies and eventually taste nasty.

I don't think a timer would be very helpful with either an EQ or an HA. A timer would be helpful for vapes that take 45+ minutes to warm up like the "log" vapes or a MagickWand. That reminds me---I really should get one for my MagickWand!

jackmormon,
jackmormon said:
The HerbalAire will work off of a timer. But, IMO it would be a waste. The HA only takes 3 minutes to warm up and you want the loaded crucible (bowl) in the unit during warm up. If you let it sit after the warm up period it will cook out some of the goodies and eventually taste nasty.

I don't think a timer would be very helpful with either an EQ or an HA. A timer would be helpful for vapes that take 45+ minutes to warm up like the "log" vapes or a MagickWand. That reminds me---I really should get one for my MagickWand!

But theoretically I could set it up to work off a timer and fill up a bag/bags, which would use the entire crucible full.

crazygonuts,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
crazygonuts said:
But theoretically I could set it up to work off a timer and fill up a bag/bags, which would use the entire crucible full.

I don't think that's a good idea either, because bags start to go stale pretty quickly. The vapour starts to condense on the bag almost immediately, and estimates I've seen say the maximum you can expect to hold decent vapour in a bag is about 30 minutes.

pakalolo,
pakalolo said:
crazygonuts said:

I don't think that's a good idea either, because bags start to go stale pretty quickly. The vapour starts to condense on the bag almost immediately, and estimates I've seen say the maximum you can expect to hold decent vapour in a bag is about 30 minutes.

Well I won't need it for more than 30 minutes... This has swayed my decision and I think I'm going to buy the herbalaire. Thanks for the help.

(Btw, does anyone know if tokeez bags work well with the herbalaire? I heard the bags it comes with suck and I'd rather have a bigger one anyway.)

crazygonuts,

jackmormon

crazygonuts said:
pakalolo said:
crazygonuts said:

Well I won't need it for more than 30 minutes... This has swayed my decision and I think I'm going to buy the herbalaire. Thanks for the help.

(Btw, does anyone know if tokeez bags work well with the herbalaire? I heard the bags it comes with suck and I'd rather have a bigger one anyway.)

Tokeez bags work and you really can't go wrong with the HA. It works even better straight into a glass piece than with bags, IMO.

However, you need to realize that the HA takes 3 minutes to warm up and should have the crucible loaded during this time. After three minutes it is ready to blow a bag. The HA uses an external pump with a different power switch to blow the bags. So...you would need a timer for the HA and a separate timer set for 3 minutes later for the pump. This just seems like over-complicating the use of the vape when it only takes three minutes to warm up and another minute to fill up a bag.

jackmormon,
Well I decided to buy it. 195 with 1 day shipping and a free grinder (most likely a shitty one but I can't complain) Do you think its worth it to buy a different whip? The only other whip I've used was the da buddha... I'll post a review after I use it this coming saturday night. Pretty psyched, thanks again for all the help.

crazygonuts,
Top Bottom