Orange Park Florida Prep For Further Legalization

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Last edited:

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
It seems no one around here is really talking about it to raise awareness and keep people thinking about it when they Vote this time around. I know we got close last election when the amendment received more votes than the Governor and it still didn't pass. Hope people remember to vote for it this time around.

His_Highness

It seems no one around here is really talking about it to raise awareness and keep people thinking about it when they Vote this time around. I know we got close last election when the amendment received more votes than the Governor and it still didn't pass. Hope people remember to vote for it this time around.

57.6% For Legalization and 42.4% Against. Need 60% to pass. Missed by 2.4%. I'm somewhat of an optimist and think the 57.6% who voted yes before will vote yes again and the missing 2.4% won't get high till after they vote this time :rofl:

BD9

It may be a tough start for dispensaries in Orlando (Orange County) even if the bill passes.

City votes for pause on pot dispensaries

Orlando commissioners voted to approve a temporary moratorium on marijuana dispensaries in the city Monday, months before Florida voters will again weigh in on medical uses for the drug.

The City Council vote comes after three would-be sellers of either medicinal marijuana or the low-THC oil known as Charlotte's Web have recently expressed interest in Orlando storefronts where current zoning would allow them.

"We're not trying to keep them from doing business in the city," District 3 City Commissioner Robert Stuart said Monday. "We're looking at: What are the boundaries in which they would do that?"

His_Highness

I'm loving the idea that the naysayers are so concerned about the amendment passing that they feel the need to get out in front of it with these temporary moratoriums. They're wasting their time.....the snow ball is rolling down the hill and it's getting bigger with every roll. Even a hot republican state like Florida can't melt that snowball.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
The whole state can't have a moratorium. We have areas in WA state that don't allow cannabis stores. They will come up with laws that won't allow cannabis shops so many feet from a school or a daycare facility. Florida needs 60% majority to win. You almost had that last time. I'm wishing you guys good luck.

You probably will have whole towns that won't allow cannabis. That makes it difficult for patients when they do that.

Edit
I just read a story about a family who had a child under the age of 5 with cancer. Having to split the family up because medical cannabis wasn't allowed in Florida. The mother and the child living temporarily in Colorado so he could be treated. It is ridiculous that it has taken so long to legalize this medicine in some states.

Last edited:
Top Bottom