Open Source Glass Thread

Bdaht

I picked up a Torus on the 26th. Looking forward to it arriving.
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I was curious about the prototype Klein and Fab Egg on the very first posts. Did someone purchase those specific models? And if when or how can I purchase one if possible?

Bdaht,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
The FC UFO is the greatest Vape accessory ever purchased. I will buy another to have as a back up maybe even two extra. Thats how good it is. Even with the lower than liked intake there are no water issues. People talk about changing the piece and they haven't even tried it!

Fuck yeah! I love hearing shit like this, mine was shipped Monday! What configuration are you using? with the whip? mouthpiece? Replacement mouthpiece?

I've got a massive diffusion rig planned when I want to eliminate nasty flavor - Ash Catcher + UFO Rig + PNWT as a mouthpiece. Can't wait to get a picture of this Ataxian Style rig

Been Vapin

Fringe Class
Fuck yeah! I love hearing shit like this, mine was shipped Monday! What configuration are you using? with the whip? mouthpiece? Replacement mouthpiece?

I've got a massive diffusion rig planned when I want to eliminate nasty flavor - Ash Catcher + UFO Rig + PNWT as a mouthpiece. Can't wait to get a picture of this Ataxian Style rig

I'm switching between the stock mouthpiece and Herbalizer whip with stock 18mm whip connection as mouth pieces. The stock mouth piece tube is pretty decent. The stock UFO whip doesn't work with 3/8 inch tubing, but the Herbalizer whip fits perfect.

Need to get a 18mm male to male to pair the UFO with a VapeXhale Hydratube. Its going to be badass. I'm gonna search around and see a what there are for other 18mm male pieces that will work well with the UFO.

Any suggestions?

terpy-froots

Hello everyone!

So I just wanted to update you on Steven's progress... I gave him a few pointers after asking him about the status of my Torus order, and told him he should design it the way that mothership was designed.... blah blah blah... cylinder under the inside funnel.... you get the point...

He sent me this video and asked "how about this":

well... he certainly is getting there...
  • cylinder under internal funnel
  • Funnel is restricted around neck
  • holes in side of cylinder

I think the design is good, but I made a few further suggestions to him. I told him that he should make the internal cylinder under the funnel a bit smaller, with just a little bit tinier holes.

I say this because it will allow more water to percolate UP, and allow it to flow down into the funnel, back into its retention.

I am really eager to get my own Torus in with the honey bucket.... still waiting for @blankrider to confirm whether or not the carb cap will be included with my purchase.

OH! :myday:

Looks like Steven made that Swiss perc (Basically a small, cylindrical fab-egg)

Here is a video that was recently posted on his YouTube:

I like it, but I am going to need to see it.:hmm::nope:

I picked up a Torus on the 26th. Looking forward to it arriving.
Good looks @caphector Mine apparently was shipped from Steven the 26th.... so we will see about that.

What pushed you to purchasing it? Did you get the honey bucket?

Last edited by a moderator:

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I like it, but I am going to need to see it.:hmm::nope:

Yeah, what's with the crazy short vids where you can't see anything?
(Side note, even VXL used to put these sorta super short vids, not sure if they still do, but it's not just a china thing...)

Why not take 30 seconds (instead of 3!), show one nice steady draw, then another one of those "suck as hard as I can for a second to shoot water everywhere" if they really need to...

Been Vapin

Fringe Class
A couple of FC UFO observations. Herbalizer fan assist is strong enough to fire and percolate the UFO. Nothing like sitting back and watching her bubble away. To use a Hydratube with the EVO and UFO an angled 18mm male to male will be needed unfortunately.

Will probably get a clasien or cloudbuddy to pimp out the UFO too.

Monsoon

After reading all these positive UFO reviews I think I'm going to have to order one myself soon to try out. Wasn't even planning on it but so far everyone is raving about it. I've got a VapeXhale dry mouthpiece lying around so I'm going to try to pair it with that as well as a hydratube. Just need to figure out my adapters since it looks like it doesn't have much clearance for a dropdown for my e-nail.

Also here are some pics of the FC-Cake that I also posted in the Cheap Bubbler thread. Keep in mind the 18M-18M adapter and dropdown add an extra 2 inches on top but it looks cool and is very stable.

7HfR6Zi.jpeg

And size comparison with the D-Cycler:

jUctEA6.jpeg

Last edited:

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
After reading all these positive UFO reviews I think I'm going to have to order one myself soon to try out. Wasn't even planning on it but so far everyone is raving about it.

I'm getting one for it's versatility and it's flavor. I'm betting it provides less diffusion than my GB-187-S for better flavor. I'm really excited to give it a shot. Think I might need to offload some glass on the classifieds this weekend lol

blankrider

Hey guys I have been slacking lately so let me try to bring things up to speed.

Steven made a Stem8 prototype which I have not even seen. He said he it is so heavy it would cost like $30 or more to ship and he would have to sell it for $75 - $80 and fears it will not be popular at that price. I told him that he should make it at 3/4 scale and that would help. We will see...

He had his blowers make 5 different quave style klein recyclers and they all cracked. He said that there are too many welds so I think this one is going on the back burner.

I just submitted very detailed dimensions for a ball rig so hopefully he get a prototype of that made soon.

I have been working with him on those straight fabs and somehow forgot to mention it earlier. It is cool he has a sample done. I have requested a longer video and both slow and fast pull so we can get a better idea of how it functions. In the 4 second video he made he rips the shit out of it and doesn't choke on water so that is a good sign. Sorry for crappy picture, this is all he gave me
other_1021743407_00.JPG

Here is the most recent prototype for the drop down donut beaker which should be going into production. I am currently working on pricing for this one and have high hopes it will be cheap. Under $35 perhaps only $30
other_1016211802_00.jpg

Steven contacted me recently saying that he want to make some DG frit knockoffs and wanted to know if they would be a good seller. I advised him that there were other sellers already offering frit disc and also rumors of inferior chinese frit that can come apart. Therefore it would probably be better to look for different designs. Throw some suggestions my way guys.

@terpy-froots sorry didn't mean to ignore you bud. Yeah Steven should be sending caps with those buckets. I'm not sure why they are not pictured but when I asked about them before it was for sale he said caps were being produced.

I think that is everything but if I forgot anyone or left unanswered questions let me know

b0

Cloudy...
I will love to have a good DG knockoff, if they can find/make a good frit I will buy a couple for sure.

b0,

terpy-froots

@blankrider you are the man.

I am sure you are busy so just keep doing you, much respect monn' :peace:

Does anyone know what it means when my package from Steven says "Pending Delivery Conformation"?

It's only been 4 days but it doesn't hurt to ask. Thanks!

terpy-froots,
Reactions: blankrider

weenstoned

That is just what is displayed when your order is shipped, or at least a tracking number has been generated and the item was marked as shipped (sometimes there is a bit of a delay before it actually gets into the mail system).

Bdaht

Hey guys I have been slacking lately so let me try to bring things up to speed.

Steven made a Stem8 prototype which I have not even seen. He said he it is so heavy it would cost like $30 or more to ship and he would have to sell it for $75 - $80 and fears it will not be popular at that price. I told him that he should make it at 3/4 scale and that would help. We will see...

He had his blowers make 5 different quave style klein recyclers and they all cracked. He said that there are too many welds so I think this one is going on the back burner.

I just submitted very detailed dimensions for a ball rig so hopefully he get a prototype of that made soon.

I have been working with him on those straight fabs and somehow forgot to mention it earlier. It is cool he has a sample done. I have requested a longer video and both slow and fast pull so we can get a better idea of how it functions. In the 4 second video he made he rips the shit out of it and doesn't choke on water so that is a good sign. Sorry for crappy picture, this is all he gave me
other_1021743407_00.JPG

Here is the most recent prototype for the drop down donut beaker which should be going into production. I am currently working on pricing for this one and have high hopes it will be cheap. Under $35 perhaps only $30
other_1016211802_00.jpg

Steven contacted me recently saying that he want to make some DG frit knockoffs and wanted to know if they would be a good seller. I advised him that there were other sellers already offering frit disc and also rumors of inferior chinese frit that can come apart. Therefore it would probably be better to look for different designs. Throw some suggestions my way guys.

@terpy-froots sorry didn't mean to ignore you bud. Yeah Steven should be sending caps with those buckets. I'm not sure why they are not pictured but when I asked about them before it was for sale he said caps were being produced.

I think that is everything but if I forgot anyone or left unanswered questions let me know

Is the straight fab with the blue Perc pictured available at all? And do you happen to know if there will be Fab Eggs with the better looking colored more slitted perc will be avail?

Bdaht,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
@blankrider you are the man.

I am sure you are busy so just keep doing you, much respect monn' :peace:

Does anyone know what it means when my package from Steven says "Pending Delivery Conformation"?

It's only been 4 days but it doesn't hurt to ask. Thanks!
The dhgate vendors don't get paid until the order is completed.

You pay dhgate, and once the order has been finalized the vendor gets paid.

Once you've received your item, you're supposed to "complete order" to show dhgate you have received your item and everything is good.
This is when the vendor is paid as you have confirmed delivery.

A lot of the packages on dhgate are shipped with some kind of tracking, and dhgate can see when your package has been delivered.
If they recieve notification that the package has been delivered, they give you something like 4 days to manually complete the order, or the system automatically does it for you.

So basically, what @weenstoned said :lol:

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker

Nice work! Tell them to not fuck with frits! I don't see myself ever buying a frit from China :nope:

I suggest explaining the benefits of flame polishing to him. I'd LOVE to see a china glassblower selling percs which are actually flame polished to ensure they fire smoothly.

Whatever happened to the GB-242/GB-187 mashup? I was looking forward to that piece

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Top Bottom