On Patents and Induction Heaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Oooh a bit of drama, I am very curious, I have no idea what this is about.

Would someone please explain what the tech actually is that is stolen?

edit: I am only asking because I really can't see what tech Dynavap invented here, I just see that they put a bunch of already very well established tech together to suit this specific purpose... am I wrong?

Induction heating
Batteries
Battery management
Intrusion detection (I know this isn't right but it was the closest thing I could think of)
Plastic moulding
Buttons

I can't think of anything else... anyone?

Also... did they invent the stem and all third party stems are theft too?

Also also... what constitutes true invention? Are we all not 'standing on the shoulders of giants'?

Last edited:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
The magnetic reed switch that George owns a patent on.

Remember when Dynatec had trouble getting chokes/inductors for the V2 Orion release? China was building and shipping the clone Orions with the shorted pieces. These are the people purchases support.

I have a soft spot for patent infringement. This is where I draw my moral line.

kel

FuckMisogynists!
I really am trying not to be an ass here... I have no agenda other than seeking the truth of what is actually happening... but I am pretty sure George didn't invent the magnetic reed switch...

:hmm:

So I am assuming that this is not enough information to form a judgement on, would you care to elaborate?

edit: we have a polar opposite attitude to patent infringement, I think patents are an offence against humanity on the whole - I find the idea that someone can patent something totally antithetical to my moral code, I believe in Multiple Discovery, Physics and pure Determinism! The idea that any one of us is more exceptional than any all others is an absurdism in my book 😂

edit 2: and no, I don't remember, this was before I started vaping presumably. Or at least during the time when I wasn't so interested.

Last edited:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Patents are based on application. This is a novel implementation of a magnetic reed switch.

I am also sorry you feel that way about patents @kel . If you study the purpose and exceptions, you'd understand that this is protection for inventors. Should everyone be making Vapcaps? I can get you a vapcap for $10/COGS in that case.

Last edited:
TommyDee,
Reactions: mwnger

kel

FuckMisogynists!
I see, so this UFO thing has an identical copy of the specific application George has patented... I am very interested to know how you know this.

Regardless of what I said above the following is also true:

A patent is only worth as much as the legal application of the defence of it in the case of a violation...

Which means we will see how much George values his patent, or not, in the coming weeks then?

If he takes no action, or is tardy about it, then it is as good as a blessing and not for us to judge!?

kel

FuckMisogynists!
That's right, murder is okay if you get away with it. Give me a break!

What?

Who said anything about murder? 😂 oh my... can these last few posts be moved to the Jokes thread please???

For there to actually be a patent violation a claim must be made and it must be proved, end of story.

This process has absolutely no comparable traits to a murder whatsoever, none!

This might help you:

I reassert that for there to be a patent violation DV must bring forward a claim and it must be proven, until then, the matter is undecided and quite frankly, I think it's a big steaming pile of horse manure!

edit: feel a little bit like I am being trolled at this point to be honest, I won't be responding to any more absurd posts like the one above.

I don't think anyone has done anything wrong, UFO looks fine to me, and whoever made it - which isn't actually very clear - would be a bit daft to violate a patent on something like this. Maybe they have, maybe they haven't, maybe one day we will find out if there is ever a case, otherwise

:shrug: :tup:

Last edited:

DarkBidding

I really am trying not to be an ass here... I have no agenda other than seeking the truth of what is actually happening... but I am pretty sure George didn't invent the magnetic reed switch...

:hmm:

So I am assuming that this is not enough information to form a judgement on, would you care to elaborate?

edit: we have a polar opposite attitude to patent infringement, I think patents are an offence against humanity on the whole - I find the idea that someone can patent something totally antithetical to my moral code, I believe in Multiple Discovery, Physics and pure Determinism! The idea that any one of us is more exceptional than any all others is an absurdism in my book 😂

edit 2: and no, I don't remember, this was before I started vaping presumably. Or at least during the time when I wasn't so interested.
Your belief in “pure Determinism” would imply your belief that people cannot be held morally responsible for their actions. If so, then what “moral code” are you speaking of when you say that someone being able to patent something is totally antithetical to your “moral code”? How can you profess to have a moral code and also believe in pure Determinism? Having any sort of moral code would imply your belief in free will. And believing in free will is totally antithetical to believing in pure Determinism.

DarkBidding,

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Your belief in “pure Determinism” would imply your belief that people cannot be held morally responsible for their actions. If so, then what “moral code” are you speaking of when you say that someone being able to patent something is totally antithetical to your “moral code”? How can you profess to have a moral code and also believe in pure Determinism? Having any sort of moral code would imply your belief in free will. And believing in free will is totally antithetical to believing in pure Determinism.

'imply' being where you made the leap of imagination and tied yourself in a knot here !

It's perfectly possible to have both a belief in determinism and a moral code by which people are judged on their actions, including my own, the moral code is subject to the same determinism - they are not separate!

Try harder ;)

DarkBidding

'imply' being where you made the leap of imagination and tied yourself in a knot here !

It's perfectly possible to have both a belief in determinism and a moral code by which people are judged on their actions, including my own, the moral code is subject to the same determinism - they are not separate!

Try harder ;)
You didn’t say Determinism. You said “pure Determinism”.

DarkBidding,

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Same difference... you're missing the point!

Again, starting to feel like I am being trolled... what do you want? Please spell it out because right now it looks like you are trying to trip me up over my own words, make me doubt my position, make me look like a fool, discredit me, or something - none of which are very endearing or productive, in fact quite pointless and embarrassing because you're failing - dramatically!!

We're also massively off topic... if you would like to continue this discussion, you might like to start a new thread or even try my DMs, but your logic and reasoning need to take a significant step up from the appalling standards they are currently operating at to have any hope of engaging me. Thanks!

Edit: Oh... I am a fool apparently; DarkBidding is a 'new member' with almost no posts... sigh! How tragic and sad some people's lives really must be to go to such effort ... oh my... 😂

Last edited:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
The topic was stealing from Dynavap and it seems a few of you are quite fine with it. My moral compass aims a little differently. Those are the rules I live by. I know these are stolen designs and there is little law that protects such actions. Supporting these endeavors are why they get away with it. I've been bound by corporate patents most of my career. Its not a joke; it is economics.

kel

FuckMisogynists!
stealing from Dynavap and it seems a few of you are quite fine with it.

My moral compass is aligned with the fundamental premise of "innocent until proven guilty", as is the case in patent infringement cases and the whole general constitution... I feel I am in good company, this premise is there for profoundly morally sound reasons and am sticking to my guns :rockon:

Maybe UFO people are guilty of theft, maybe they are not... I am not in a position to decide. I am still curious as to how you are can be so sure, but I never actually got an answer to that.

Personally, I would be concerned about being held accountable for making potentially libellous public accusations of criminal acts as there is still no actual evidence or judicial outcome in place to prove your accusations are actually correct in the eyes of the law, but hey... if you're so sure on the outcome of a patent claim before it has even been made and are happy to publicly attack a company and potentially damage their business...

Why not... Go for it!! :tup:

kel

FuckMisogynists!
That doesn't deserve further comment @kel .

I wonder why... :hmm:

Still no evidence presented to support your accusation of theft I see... ...

tumbleweed GIF

I guess it's as good a place as any to stop this discussion, fair enough... it's a horrible discussion, but hey... good luck and best wishes!!

scy123

Trusted Member Don't Worry
Does DynaVap even own a patent on a magnetic reed switch? I looked at the list of patents they have and it mentions nothing about a magnetic reed switch.

scy123

Oh, it looks like this is the patent. Which is not referenced on their page for some reason.

I am not literate enough to understand, but they do reference a magnetic reed switch.

EDIT: would like to add, that seems like only an application for a patent? I dunno how that works.

Last edited:

scy123

Dam, I was just thinking, if that patent was approved, only DynaVap would legally be allowed to sell portable induction heaters on the market?

And portable induction heaters would be something they invented?????

Edit: too much off the socks to post something smart, but trying to steal your work from under your feet, those bastards!

Last edited:

kel

FuckMisogynists!
I am not asking George anything, can you imagine...

"Hi George, you don't know me, but this guy on the internet said that another company stole your tech and he said I should ask you about it to confirm if there's been a patent infringement or not... "

Bejeebus! 😂

I don't understand why this very simple idea has such a hard time being understood, I will try one last time:

Not even George is in a position to make assertions that patents have been violated, he can *only* make a *claim* to the courts in the first instance ... after that it is out of his hands and the federal courts will decide if a patent infringement has been made or not. Only the court can decide, no one else.

After this process has been completed, anyone can reiterate that legal outcome, but until then, anyone making such claims is on seriously dodgy ground.

A cursory scan of that patent above could spell worry for all induction heater producers, I would be shocked and would literally melt all my DV stuff into an amorphous mess in absolute horror and utter disgust if DV ever took such legal action. Patents are the enemy of invention and totally anti-humanitarian. Patents are a scourge and morally bankrupt. I have lost a lot of respect for DV in realising they are potentially patent trolls, kinda makes me feel a bit sick. If you are pro-patent please tell it to the wall, I am not interested. If you want to know why, there are thousands of resources on the internet that will inform and educate you as to why they are one of the worst ideas ever.

For the record, I would be genuinely shocked if this ever actually happened, it seems wholly out of character for DV, but what do I know, I could of course easily be wrong.

==

VapeFiend in the UK have been stocking these UFO things, they claim shipping to the EU is trouble free...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom