ON-OFF 100ft remote control ??

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
I'm waiting for my EVO. I vape on a backyard shed where wifi is not very reliable. So I'm checking on something like this. Let me know guys what you think???

3-pack Wireless Remote Control Outlet Switch 1200 Watt 100 Feet
http://amzn.com/B00891G80I

Zangano Cruel,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Looks like those are based off of IR. You'll need to have a line of sight between the transmitter and receiver to get it to work.

Zangano Cruel

Looks like those are based off of IR. You'll need to have a line of sight between the transmitter and receiver to get it to work.
@CentiZen
Looks like :(
I finally went to Walmart and got myself a gun case for my EVO and a new thing instead. A power strip with 50ft on-off remote with power surge included. Can you check it and give me your input?? It works well for me this one. I power ON from my bed, 2nd story home, my garden shed is like 30ft away at the end of the backyard. No problems with out of range or anything so far.
Check page #16 in thread Waiting and Nonsense EVO.
Is it 500 joules kind of enough for what we need or should I get more joules??

Zangano Cruel,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Any way you could post a picture of the remote for the power bar? If it is based off of IR like TV remotes, it depends on if you have have the receiving portion outside. IR Remotes have a little light at the top of them that shines infrared light patterns to transmit data. RF ones will either have an antenna or nothing at all.

And you want as many joules as you can get. That value does not affect how much power the devices on it are going to use, but rather how much of a power surge that bar can take.

Last edited:
CentiZen,

Zangano Cruel

I get it now.
The one I got in Walmart is RF.
No IR lights like a TV remote.
Just on-off clicker. Works through walls in a 1920 brick home with my backyard shed at least 30ft away.
My guess, if mine is 50ft, and it works, the online is 100ft, I guess it will work as well. And online it's RF as well. I don't see any lights spot on them either. Pretty happy with my finding so far. Still concerned about the low joules range it supports :(
There's a photo in page #16 that shows the remote, it's really basic, just on-off.
Here you are
http://instagram.com/p/g4OCAIsOAU/

Last edited:
Zangano Cruel,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
I get it now.
The one I got in Walmart is RF.
No IR lights like a TV remote.
Just on-off clicker.
My guess, if mine is 50ft, and it works, the online is 100ft, I guess it will work as well. And online it's RF as well. I don't see any lights spot on them either. Pretty happy with my finding so far. Still concerned about the low joules range it supports :(

500 joules is not bad at all, really. Though I make sure to use ones that are in excess of 1000 joules. What you could do, is get one of these little guys as well as that power bar, and then plug the power bar into the spikecube. Then you would have 1100 joules of surge protection on your cloud, and wireless.

Zangano Cruel

I edit my answer. I link a photo

I'll get one of those little ticks for extra protection and on the go. Less bulk.
Thanks

mod note: 2 posts merged. Please review the rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zangano Cruel,

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Hey, @Zangano Cruel , don't post back to back... use the edit instead. :)
I've kindly reported your 2nd post so a Mod can fix it. You can report your own, if you discover you've done this in the future.

Enchantre,
Top Bottom